Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think BR attempted to dig a grave and realised the ground was far too hard for that, hence the soil on the shovel and her being placed between those logs and covered.

"As the soil on the shovel matched the area near where KR was found. I think it could be assumed that a random stranger did not steal it and then return it to Borce's tool shed"

Except that KR wasn't buried and shovel was not needed to put her body between 2 logs.

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk
Maybe bag and phone were buried using shovel?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

"As the soil on the shovel matched the area near where KR was found. I think it could be assumed that a random stranger did not steal it and then return it to Borce's tool shed"

Except that KR wasn't buried and shovel was not needed to put her body between 2 logs.

Yes you are right it does appear a shovel was not needed given Karen was just dumped between 2 logs.
But it does seem the shovel may well have been in that area at some point.
I am just curious as to why.

'GBC house was also squeaky clean right down to the China cups on the table and he reported ABC missing with hours not three days later'

Sosocurious, just re the '3 days later reporting her missing', which was in an article by Andrew Rule, um, I wrote and asked him about that back last year and he said 'well spotted ��, it seems nothing publicly was done until 3 days later', meaning the public appeal .... 'It looks like the daughter contacted police earlier than that ..... ', so I hope that clears up any confusion, the 3 days gap was referring to the Avondale Heights police station plea for help.☺
Whoops, was quoting a paragraph from sosocurious, oh dear, my quoting abilities are not so good at this point, but I hope you get the drift, hee ��

Yes you are right.
The police appeal came out late on the 30th

Search for Karen Ristevski
Victoria Police on Thursday, 30/06/2016 22:03 AEST
Police are appealing for public assistance to help locate missing 47-year-old Karen Ristevski.
Karen was last seen at her home address on Oakley Drive, Avondale Heights about 10am on Wednesday.
Police have concerns for her welfare as her disappearance is out of character.
She is described as 160cm tall, slim build, shoulder length brown hair.
She was last seen wearing a black jacket and jeans and is known to frequent Taylors Lakes
Read the full text at Victoria Police

http://trueblueline.net/2016/07/aussie-police-news-wrap-for-friday-01072016-nightly/

Oh ok.. She was reported missing almost immediately or day after, not 3 days later

I also wonder how precisely for location soils can be matched. It seems the foreign-type soil was consistent with both Toolern Vale and Mt Macedon. How far does that soil type extend? Diggers Rest? Had anyone innocently used the shovel around that general area? Is the soil type ever encountered elsewhere--for example, if a nursery plant was bought and transplanted, might that have come with northern soil?

There is a book called A Survey of the Forensic Sciences that indicates that soils can be matched quite specifically and precisely.

66g38j.jpg

https://books.google.com.au/books?i...isely can soils be matched to an area&f=false

Maybe the shovel was intended to dig but the soil was too hard! Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering if the shovel could have been used to flatten tyre tread marks, so that a tyre pattern on a dirt track could not be matched to a specific vehicle's tyres. (Should Karen's remains have been discovered very soon after placement.)

I wonder how far the killer's thoughts extended to covering his tracks ... literally.

Maybe BR is using shovel as a misdirection...kr was never buried

Maybe BR is using shovel as a misdirection...kr was never buried

Misdirection to what?
He said he had not seen his wife since she left the house that morning.

And what did the underside of any cars reveal?
Yes, South Aussie, and I wonder if they've found the owner of the white van that was spotted in Loch Road in the dead of night - h'mm, and swabbed the life out of that ...... perhaps said vehicle belongs to associates of VR or BR, or possibly family member 🤔 so many questions,, so few answers, alas and woe.

Allison Baden-Clay had plantmatter from around their home and LE determined she was assaulted or dragged in the garden then placed in the vehicle and then moved to the place where she was found. (Blood was found inside her car).

Whereas with Karen if no evidence like that is/was found that leads to where she was murdered then it's not so cut & shut.

I personally think she was murdered inside the house then placed straight into the car inside the garage so she would not have picked up any foreign matter.

There is the other scenario that she was assaulted/murdered close to the house by a person unknown. If so I guess she would have picked up something like wood hips or grassseeds from around the river that would help with LE pinpoint her murder location.

We'll see but I firmly believe none of the latter will be found.

On second thoughts, if Karen touched the garage floor before being placed into the car then any dust there could have clung to her clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500