GUILTY Australia - Kiesha Weippeart, 6, Mount Druitt, NSW, 18 July 2010 - #2

^ Whew, that was a bit long winded. Sorry about that, but once I start...

That was awesome....go the ABC! Finally coming back with some real journalism, I'm glad the media is taking on this issue.

Thanks for that link, butwhatif?. It's a very interesting article on the area, which is something I personally don't ever see first hand, even though I live there.
A family member, along with other teachers, used to run a breakfast service at the school she taught at, and for a long time the money came out of their own pockets. She'd arrive at the school at around 7:30 am. She'd get there so early because staff found out a few kids would be waiting on the steps of the front office well before they had arrived. I know there were times when she or other staff members would stay back after school until well after 5pm or until whatever time it was that all the kids were picked up from school. Many a time I'd be walking past the school on my walk home from the railway station after work and I'd see her car in there and I'd drop in to say hello. These teachers didn't get paid for that extra time. They did it for the children, bless 'em.
I totally agree with Hooksy when he says, "It is not the area, it is some of the people in it... Only a small number are causing trouble. Most people love the area.". Most people I know around here have jobs and own their home (or paying it off). With the exception of the private renters I have living next door, all of my surrounding neighbours are fantastic and pull together if and when it's needed. I live here because it was cheap and it was the only place we could find a house that we could afford to pay off in 5 years. 10 years later, and we're still here. We may live in "The Druitt", but we're debt free and we live a good life. I consider myself lucky that we can live quite comfortably on one wage and I'm grateful that we're better off than a lot of people we know. Living here is the compromise hubby and I chose to make so that we could still enjoy life's little treats. People are often surprised when they find out where we live. I've never really understood that, as the area has a lot of fantastic people who have done quite well for themselves. There is a perception of it being a welfare area full of people who don't work. (FTR, I don't work and I'm not on welfare of any kind. Personally, I wouldn't be seen dead on it. I don't want to work, and the taxpayer owes me nothing if I don't want to work, that's my responsibility.)
Caroline Edwards has the same opinion as me and my friends when it comes to the baby bonus and welfare quarantining. Honestly, I always thought the baby bonus was a bad idea and I think it should be ditched ASAP.

ITA! As I said in the 1st thread, I know some wonderful people in the area, who are hard-working, well educated, and who are fabulous parents.

I think it's just pockets of the community, that give it a bad name...But the stats don't lie, and there is clearly a problem, not just in Mt druitt, but many of the surrounding suburbs when it comes to unemployment, and an 'anything goes' mentality.

But when it comes to abuse, there are no boundaries. Doesn't matter how much money you have, how lovely your neighbourhood is, it goes on everywhere- just behind closed doors.

Recently I had a discussion with my other sister (not the dead beat one) and it took a good while to convince her that people living in the northern suburbs do not have perfect lives. That the outward appearances might give that impression, but what goes on behind closed doors is an entirely different story.

Btw, if you think you're long-winded stick around, and you'll see that I can never get across what I want to in just a few short words...LOL I'm the queen of long-winded posts.

Anyway, it's been a looooong day- gotta try to get the girls to bed so that they are fast asleep before 'Polly and me' comes on.

I'll try and video tape it to upload in case ABC doesn't have it on their page later...but I'm sure they will.

Talked to someone who is often called in on these cases by the state coroner about this case tonight. He says these cases are so common we just wouldn't believe it, he also thinks the police will have an uphill battle proving this one. Said that without the body they've got problems because any evidence from the home can be explained away (true) and that all it takes is a good attorney with a mind to building his rep to come on board and charges go from murder down to almost nothing overnight. He said that all police make errors, there will be errors here, and that will be enough to start the dropping / lessening of charges, then he said that at this stage, there will be little of value left with her body of use to investigators, and that's if they find her which he doesn't think they will.

And this is someone who's been working in this area in Sydney for 30 odd years.

Talked to someone who is often called in on these cases by the state coroner about this case tonight. He says these cases are so common we just wouldn't believe it, he also thinks the police will have an uphill battle proving this one. Said that without the body they've got problems because any evidence from the home can be explained away (true) and that all it takes is a good attorney with a mind to building his rep to come on board and charges go from murder down to almost nothing overnight. He said that all police make errors, there will be errors here, and that will be enough to start the dropping / lessening of charges, then he said that at this stage, there will be little of value left with her body of use to investigators, and that's if they find her which he doesn't think they will.

And this is someone who's been working in this area in Sydney for 30 odd years.

This is why my number 1 focus is on finding Kiesha....and why I said in an earlier post as each day goes by more evidence will disppear. That worries me.
COD is going to be a very important (if not the most important) factor in relation charges, let alone making them stick.

Arrests would be nice, but can wait.

This is why my number 1 focus is on finding Kiesha....and why I said in an earlier post as each day goes by more evidence will disppear. That worries me.
COD is going to be a very important (if not the most important) factor in relation charges, let alone making them stick.

Arrests would be nice, but can wait.

I am thinking that the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, and proven lies by parents about her disappearance, and other lies like her being with them over the last few weeks when it can be proven she was not (by CCTV footage of each of them out and about without her) may be enough to prove homicide. But it's not much is it? Agree, she needs to be found.

My video camera battery ran out half way through the dicussion part. Doh!

One thing I haven't heard mentioned in the discussion yet,and it's almost over, is that we need more 'Kamira Farms'.

Kamira farm is a long-term rehab facilty, where any female, including mothers can learn coping skills, get one-on-one and group therapy, get parenting classes, attend NA/AA meetings,....all while their children are living there with them.

It's an AMAZING place. One of the few facilities like this. There are so many woman who want to get themselves clean, but can't see any way to do it the right way (long-term) because they can't 'abandon' their children for those 3-12 months. So they go into the cycle of detox, relapse, detox, relapse....Which is devestating for the children.

If the gov put more $$$$$$ into facilities like Kamira Farm, I believe it would make a HUGE difference not just for the mother, but the child/ren...because they learn great skills there too. And they get to watch those positive changes in their mum in a very safe environment...and to build trust, and to believe it will last. And building strong relationships with others.

When I went there, I was a young, single woman with no children. But it taught me so many things that have helped to make me the parent I am today...A clean one.... An ordinany P&C mum.....A mum who gets so excited to watch her child perform and show her talents, beaming with pride. A nurturing mum....And one who doesn't break her promises.

That 20 min film, with so little dialogue said so much.

Now I'm off to give my girls butterfly kisses while they sleep, and to thank my lucky starts that I found Kamira farm, before I became a parent.

^ Interesting story. Maybe these future $300 fines should be automatically deducted from his unemployment benefits. I don't know what the dole pays, but $300 deducted per dole payment would hit him hard. What a ridiculous man. His laziness and stupidity is condemning his children to a life of poverty and welfare reliance...just like dear ol' dad. But yeah, imagine if it was $300 per day...oooh, no ciggies for a while.

FWIW, I was looking at the Princess Kiesha FB page again today, and someone posted that when the police and detectives were seen outside Robs mums house the other day, it was because they were taking the car for forensic testing.

No confirmation of this, but I really hope it's true.

I wish the police would continue to give the public updates, but not if could negatively impact the investigation.

FWIW, I was looking at the Princess Kiesha FB page again today, and someone posted that when the police and detectives were seen outside Robs mums house the other day, it was because they were taking the car for forensic testing.

No confirmation of this, but I really hope it's true.

I wish the police would continue to give the public updates, but not if could negatively impact the investigation.

Ooooh back to the car again. So Rob has said that he does not drive, did they own their own car, and did Kristi drive? Or is this his Mums car, and they think they may have used that, and Kristi drives?

Who drives, who has car access, how much and when?

(I also think it's quite possible that Rob's licence has been suspended, or he doesn't have one, but still drives as if he does. JMO.)

Ughh, so much hink in this case. I am angry that there is silence. No news, no arrests.

Keisha is one of millions of abused/neglected children that social services and THE COMMUNITY overlook or ignore. I am willing to bet that neighbors and family members, school officials too, knew of the abuse/neglect Keisha was subjected to, and they looked the other way--or tried to get help, but the gov't failed. Often times community members either think, "It's none of my business how they raise their kids." or "I was beaten too, so it's okay."

We need to STAND UP as citizens and SAY NO to this behavior. Call the police, child services, whatever. Do something. Take a stand.

This goes for domestic violence too. If you see it, report it. If you know the victim, and they won't get help after you talk with them---keep reporting it. JUST TRY.

Last year, I was awakened in the middle of the night by one of my young neighbors (group of girls living as roomates), who was violently arguing with her male partner outside. I looked out of my window at the fight and witnessed him slap and choke her. Immediately, I called 911 and told them to get someone over here quick--and they did. When a police officer came in to question me, he shook his head and said, "She denies everything and has red marks on her neck. Even in my line of work, I am still surprised when women just take the abuse and deny it."

In the meantime, her roomates were up, and one of them came outside when the cops were chasing the couple through the woods--they were trying to run from the cops, and she just rolled her eyes and went back in the house!! They knew what was happening. I would NEVER live with a roommate who was being abused or who refused to get help or get out of a bad relationship. I would take a stand.

At least I called the police. At least I wasn't going to go back to sleep and ignore it. I tried--and I did not have ANY connection or ties to the girl or her roomates. I was just a concerned citizen trying to say NO to what was happening, and potentially saving her life---what if he pulled a gun???

I moved out of the neighborhood a few months later and love where I am now--quiet and family friendly, although anything can happen anywhere these days.

G-d bless you Keisha. I hope justice comes for you and your siblings too, and soon.

Ooooh back to the car again. So Rob has said that he does not drive, did they own their own car, and did Kristi drive? Or is this his Mums car, and they think they may have used that, and Kristi drives?

Who drives, who has car access, how much and when?

(I also think it's quite possible that Rob's licence has been suspended, or he doesn't have one, but still drives as if he does. JMO.)

I revisited the article, ‘Kiesha Abrahams' stepfather hit her in the face, witness claims” after hearing Police confiscated Robert’s parents car for forensic testing. I wonder what color their car is? Kiesha's parents must be their prime suspects. According to this report, Albert Lafaele witnessed Robert beating Kiesha in the head inside a white car two to three weeks ago and she jumped out when Albert Lafaele intervened. I hate to think what happened next. Hebersham Friendly Grocer owner Peter said Kristi Abrahams and Robert Smith were regular shoppers so I wonder if Kiesha returned to the store after this incident. Is there a surveillance camera inside Hebersham Friendly Grocery store?

<snipped>
Detectives interviewed western Sydney man, Albert Lafaele, after he claimed he saw Mr Smith punching Kiesha outside the Hebersham Friendly Grocer store two or three weeks ago.
"I was shocked. I walked past a white car and I saw this man whacking his child in the face," said Mr Lafaele, who runs weekend markets next to the supermarket.
"The girl was kicking and screaming, so I stopped in front of the car and told the man to hit me instead, which gave Kiesha a chance to jump out of the car."
Mr Lafaele, 46, said he realised the child was Kiesha after seeing her photograph.
Hebersham Friendly Grocer owner Peter said Kristi Abrahams and Robert Smith were regular shoppers at his store.

http://www.news.com.au/national/kie...een-smacking-her/story-e6frfkvr-1225903160022

Our Kiesha is alive and well, say mum and stepfather

HER daughter has been missing for six weeks, but Kristi Abrahams says she will get her Kiesha back alive.

In the first extensive media interview since the disappearance of the six-year-old Mt Druitt child, Ms Abrahams revealed her final moments with her daughter when she tucked her into bed one Saturday night.

Couple of interesting sections.....

'The next morning when she went to check on her eldest child, who slept alone in the modest two-bedroom unit, the sheets on her single bed were stripped, and the girl was gone. Pressed on details, Ms Abrahams becomes uncomfortable.

"I don't want to keep talking about this," she said.

Mr Smith picks up on his partner's unease at reflecting on her last precious moments with Kiesha, and takes over.

"Kristi rang the police ... everyone was out looking, all of us," he said.

Later that day, the couple packed up their other two children and left the Woodstock Ave unit block. They haven't returned.

"We had to go, it wasn't right being there, it was too hard," Mr Smith said.'

and.....

'When she talks about Kiesha, and the nightmare she's lived these past weeks, Ms Abrahams is tense. She is uncomfortable at times, she looks fed up.'

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...m-and-stepfather/story-e6freuzi-1225917745034

These two certainly know how to attract suspicion don't they. Every time they speak they just seal the deal. The extra detail about the bed being stripped is interesting. Wonder if this detail wasn't added in until the police questioned them about the strangeness of that. And yes, so Kiesha slept alone in the 2 bedroom unit, but everyone else slept together? Why? I'm thinking because Kiesha was being singled out by the family. Sad.

Throughout their six-week ordeal, the couple said they have had a "lump in their throat" waiting for news, but they try not to get worked up.

When a body was found in nearby Nurragingy Reserve, and there were rumours it may have been Kiesha, they didn't fear the worst. Nor did they when there was an apparent hoax report earlier this week of "small body parts" dumped in a duffel bag in southwest Sydney.

"The thought does cross your mind, like 'are you going to get a bad phone call?', but I try to block it out until I get all the facts, otherwise you'll go crazy," Mr Smith said.

Yeah great guys, your child goes missing and it gives you a 'lump in the throat', must be awful, my sympathies - really. And not really surprised they weren't concerned about the found remains since they know exactly where she is.

The pair agreed to sit down with The Daily Telegraph after weeks of negotiations, saying they needed to tell their story, and to thank the public for keeping their hopes alive.

And how much exactly did the Daily Telegraph pay them for this interview? Disgusting.

It was Ms Abrahams who put Kiesha to bed that Saturday night. Everything seemed normal, Kiesha was happy, her mother said, just another night at home. "I read her a book, we have a whole variety of books she likes," her mother said.
I call BS on this - the pulled her away from the end of a movie and read her a book at 930pm?, no way. Look at what Kristi tells us
1. Everything seemed normal (sound familiar from the Casey Anthony case?)
2. Kiesha was happy, just another night at home - Why the need to tell us this?
3. I read her a book - uhuh, at that time of night.
4. We have a whole variety of books she likes - Why this information? To pad out the story?

The next morning when she went to check on her eldest child, who slept alone in the modest two-bedroom unit, the sheets on her single bed were stripped, and the girl was gone. Pressed on details, Ms Abrahams becomes uncomfortable. "I don't want to keep talking about this," she said.
So this is true, little Kiesha slept alone while ALL the other family members shared one room - this is as weird as it gets. I think we know why the sheets on the bed were stripped, Kiesha never slept there that night, also they want to set the scene that "someone" came in and took Kiesha and the reason no one heard or saw anything is that she slept in the room alone.

There is so much that is hinky about this interview, that pair would have been better advised to shut up and not say anything. Every time they open their mouths they drop themselves in a little deeper. They don't realise the police are going to pour over these statements and I wouldn't be surprised if there are points in this interview which don't gel with their statements made to the police.

This interview was a lie from start to finish in my opinion.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...m-and-stepfather/story-e6freuzi-1225917745034

They remain adamant they played no role in Kiesha's disappearance. "Not at all," Mr Smith said. "Not at all."

To me, this is not a straight out denial. This is a very weak denial as far as statement analysis goes. There are no pronouns attached to this denial and Smith repeats is twice. He does not state outright that, they, the parents did not have anything to do with this, as in, "I had nothing to do with her disappearance". I wish we had a video of this interview but still, it's all there in their statements.

Police should continue to look very closely at Kristi Abrahams and Robert Smith.

Yeah, major BS on the book reading story.....(innocence, innocence) maybe they gave her a cup of warm milk with a cookie and tucked her into bed, read her a book from one of the many in her bookcase, said their prayers, and kissed her goodnight, but somehow I don't think so!

And I love that they said 'we have a variety of books she likes' why? because the reporter likely asked 'oh, what book did you read her' and they don't have a single book in mind because they never read books to those kids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back