GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Strickland told the court on Monday that Ms Harnum had a "vulnerable personality" and had previously engaged in risk-taking and destructive behaviour, such as running through busy traffic on George Street in the Sydney CBD, and on one occasion, jumping from a moving car.
He said the 30-year-old may have climbed over the balcony with the intention of committing suicide or as a cry for help. She had then slipped and fallen to her death, before Mr Gittany could save her.
The trial continues.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/lisa-harn...-court-told-20131022-2vy8u.html#ixzz2iSwhmhfH

How many believe the victim would run through busy traffic? :rolleyes:

me either.
:no:

Amazing how stupid these guys think courts are.:rocker:

:cow:
fran

Chyeah.. I was looking the new girlfriend's picture last night, thinking exactly the same thing - and wondering how she can think he'll be any different toward her...

I think he murdered Lisa, hands down guilty, and I also think he somehow thinks he's going to get away with it.

Seriously, if this guy doesn't do life in jail, I'm emigrating to somewhere with a better grip on the concept of justice.

Unless there is some piece of pivotal evidence not in MSM, I'd say 99% sure he will be convicted. I love the irony that his own surveillance captured what he did to her. Plus there's witnesses and the clincher for me is none of her fingerprints where they should be if she climbed and jumped. Remember, it's only reasonable doubt and I think this flies way beyond that. I hope his abuse of Lisa will be seen as aggravating features that add to his sentence. She was so defenceless and he is a pig and other words I can't say here.

As for the defence argument, she wasn't suicidal or she wouldn't have made plans to leave him. And it doesn't make sense to me that she would climb the railing to get "attention". Seems like that's the last place you would put yourself in that situation, what with him being a maniac.

'I'll f---ing harm you': Accused murderer allegedy threatened fiance's counsellor

October 23, 2013

"Two days before he allegedly dropped his Canadian fiance off a 15th-floor balcony, Sydney man Simon Gittany delivered a "monologue of abuse" to the woman's counsellor, threatening "I'll f---ing harm you", a court has heard.
The next morning, the counsellor received a text message from the Canadian woman's phone stating "leave me alone, you ruined my relationship"."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/ill-fing-...-counsellor-20131023-2w0we.html#ixzz2iVxmQUvU

Attachments

• Gittany.jpg
    Gittany.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 37
Mr Strickland told the court on Monday that Ms Harnum had a "vulnerable personality" and had previously engaged in risk-taking and destructive behaviour, such as running through busy traffic on George Street in the Sydney CBD, and on one occasion, jumping from a moving car.
He said the 30-year-old may have climbed over the balcony with the intention of committing suicide or as a cry for help. She had then slipped and fallen to her death, before Mr Gittany could save her.
The trial continues.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/lisa-harn...-court-told-20131022-2vy8u.html#ixzz2iSwhmhfH

How many believe the victim would run through busy traffic? :rolleyes:

me either.
:no:

Amazing how stupid these guys think courts are.:rocker:

:cow:
fran

^^ she was probably running away from him :scared:

did Lisa change her name to Cecilia while she was in Austalia

Cecilia is Lisa's middle name and I've seen her referred as both names.

I read somewhere (not sure where now - information overload!!) that she liked to be called by her middle name Cecilia by her friends.

"I wish I never met you because you ruined my life. I had everything with Simon but you brainwashed me. Simon threw me out on the street with nothing.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/ill-fing-...-counsellor-20131023-2w0we.html#ixzz2iWOCDv6D

I wondered if He made Lisa send that text (or if HE sent it from her phone). The conversation/wording just doesnt sound 'natural' for a person in her position. IMO those are HIS words...he was the one doing the brainwashing (or manipulating at least).

I read somewhere (not sure where now - information overload!!) that she liked to be called by her middle name Cecilia by her friends.

Yes, that's what I remember reading too. Can't find it now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500