GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit that when I saw the 'proposal video' for the very first time, I thought the lady standing there (Lisa) was a waitress.

I'm not totally convinced, I think she looks genuinely happy in this photo. If we look hard enough we can find sadness in anyone's eyes - but it could be something they are carrying with them from long ago. I would like to know when this photo was taken. As for the shirt, she looks very classy and it is fashionable right now to button right up, men and women are / or were doing it, and I think that shirt was designed to be worn that way. But yeah maybe SG did choose it. It was interesting to me that those modelling photo's where she looks very troubled, were taken in 2011, so well and truly into her relationship with SG. Must have been taken about 6 months before she died, I'm thinking, because she is wearing summery clothes. Might have been at the beginning of 2011.

Hey montycooper! I get what you say about finding sadness in anyone's eyes if we look hard enough - and I get that the top is fashionable (I'm not actually that old!!:floorlaugh:)

But to me, she looks exactly like she did in the engagement video - high necked top, long tight ponytail. Maybe this pic was taken around the same time??

But anyway, even if we disagree, the time frame of the 'troubled' photo shoot is very interesting. I didn't even connect that they were taken not so long before she died. Huge difference in those photos and this one!! (and all her beautiful long 'peacock' hair is cropped shorter, I see)

The mask had well and truly dropped in those later photos and her pain is evident. :facepalm:

Blessings to her.

Yes Isis, very different. Sorry guys I hope my comment didn't come across as combative! I just get a different feeling from that picture and I thought I'd put it out there. I should have followed it up with..IMO!

Yes Isis, very different. Sorry guys I hope my comment didn't come across as combative! I just get a different feeling from that picture and I thought I'd put it out there. I should have followed it up with..IMO!

All's well, montycooper!!! Didn't come across as combative at all! You were just giving your opinion :seeya:

Isisrising, as a clinical Psychologist, what are your thoughts that would make a woman a perfect target for these predators? There must be a chromosome that (sometimes) disappears when we escape and live to tell the tale of survival. Many go on to make the same mistake over and over again.
It amazes me that an educated, confident woman can be controlled and manipulated mentally, physically & emotionally.
My daughter was a confident business owner but found herself in a similar situation to Lisa, he tried to alienate my daughter from us, her friends & society until I saw the real problem and I stepped in and exposed him for what he was.

THE PSYCHOPATH MET MOTHER BEAR!!
With love and persistence we got my daughter from his clutches. No drugs were involved, just mind control.
I remember sitting in the doctors office to hear Dr. saying 'I'm sorry but now her body is eating itself' her weight had dropped to 35kilo. Lots of soup spiked with loads of love she's healthy & happy again. (That's the short version)
I don't understand why these narcissists & psychopaths have a need to control someone, it's almost like they have an extra gene but if they are exposed OMG they run like hell to find another prey.
Hope you don't mind the questions but it may bring it out & help someone else.
ITS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Regarding the photos:
I'd be interested to know the brief was, and what type of photo shoot she was modelling for (if any) and who was the photographer or Agency.

The Judge is listed to hear a Civil case on Thursday - this is the only listing I have seen since the case ended, and the only one this week. Does this mean she will give a verdict prior to moving onto her next case?

The Judge is listed to hear a Civil case on Thursday - this is the only listing I have seen since the case ended, and the only one this week. Does this mean she will give a verdict prior to moving onto her next case?

Ooh ... that's interesting! I read somewhere that she would be preparing a written verdict (no doubt lengthy and filled with legalese). My guess is that this would be delivered before she moved on to another case. :crossfingers:

Isisrising, as a clinical Psychologist, what are your thoughts that would make a woman a perfect target for these predators? There must be a chromosome that (sometimes) disappears when we escape and live to tell the tale of survival. Many go on to make the same mistake over and over again.
It amazes me that an educated, confident woman can be controlled and manipulated mentally, physically & emotionally.
My daughter was a confident business owner but found herself in a similar situation to Lisa, he tried to alienate my daughter from us, her friends & society until I saw the real problem and I stepped in and exposed him for what he was.

With love and persistence we got my daughter from his clutches. No drugs were involved, just mind control.
I remember sitting in the doctors office to hear Dr. saying 'I'm sorry but now her body is eating itself' her weight had dropped to 35kilo. Lots of soup spiked with loads of love she's healthy & happy again. (That's the short version)
I don't understand why these narcissists & psychopaths have a need to control someone, it's almost like they have an extra gene but if they are exposed OMG they run like hell to find another prey.
ITS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

To Dear Mama Bear, Thank you so much for sharing this story. Sounds almost like a carbon copy of Lisa's story including the 35kg Can't help but wonder how much this weight problem had to do with coping with a relationship turned sour.
That Lisa's Mama was a continent away on the other side of the globe made a rescue mission difficult.
I note your tale is laced with lots of love. Not accusations about her unsound mind.
I hope your daughter one day will find her true knight in shining armour.
PS I have yet to hear of ONE thing that causes me to believe that Lisa Harnum suffered any mental problems, except for her choice in boyfriend.

I would love a verdict today - white ribbon day :)

ITS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Hi TGY:seeya: That's wonderful that you were able to help your daughter so well! I'm really happy to hear that! This is a very sensitive topic - and I'm aware of that. I don't wish to cause offence to anybody.

In my professional opinion, I don't actually see women like Lisa as simply victims who are preyed on by a predator. And I don't believe it has anything to do with chromosomes. In any intimate relationship, we select a partner based on our core beliefs about ourselves and the world - beliefs that usually stem from our childhood experiences, particularly our family system.

In my experience working with women in relationships similar to Lisa's, the individual 'issues' of the male and female dovetailed neatly together - she is typically seeking a rescuer, or the 'knight in shining armour' (which girls are traditionally brought up to believe in). This automatically positions her as powerless - seeking another person to fulfil her needs and to perfect her life. This then fits in perfectly with the abusive male who wants to feel powerful and omnipotent. They are magnetically attracted - by these deeply embedded core beliefs. And our psyches are powerful - until we resolve the root issue or where it all stemmed from, we continue to act out the same patterns with different people. Thus the cycle of going from abuser to abuser for women with this internal patterning.

That is the typical paradigm, in my opinion. It doesn't reflect on the woman's intelligence or abilities - it is a reflection of deeply embedded beliefs about self and about relationships between males and females.:twocents:

NB. I am in NO WAY saying that it is the woman's fault, by the way! Nobody deserves to be treated like that, ever. Just trying to explain the psychological mechanism behind it all.

Thanks Isis ... just a guess, but I'm thinking bullying (online and in person) in and out of school could have something to do with young girls falling for those abusive, controlling 'knights in shining armour' too?

Thanks Isis ... just a guess, but I'm thinking bullying (online and in person) in and out of school could have something to do with young girls falling for those abusive, controlling 'knights in shining armour' too?

Sure - bullying is an horrendous problem that is just so damaging to the victim's self esteem. It also completely reinforces any pre-existing negative beliefs about the self!

From my perspective though, any random young woman will not fall for an abusive, controlling male - the internal 'patterning' has to be there. For example, if a young woman was brought up to believe in her independence and not to rely on a man to complete her, she would probably be repulsed by the guy as soon as his controlling tendencies began to emerge! But even more likely, the two of them wouldn't even be attracted to each other in the beginning as their issues don't match up.

http://www.womensagenda.com.au/talk...t-australians-need-to-talk-about/201311243248

So while we wait to hear the judgement in the recent high profile Simon Gittany case, the final legal conclusion may seem somewhat irrelevant to those responding to victims of domestic violence. And to the campaigners working to raise awareness in a diverse range of communities that abuse takes many forms and in some cases might not ever include physical acts of violence.

TODAY is White Ribbon Day. This year people are being encouraged to speak up and uncover stories of violence against women. Suzanne is one of them.

White Ribbon Day: Suzanne Northey shares her story of domestic violence. | http://bit.ly/1aRo7Gm #whiteribbonday #saynotoviolence

Sure - bullying is an horrendous problem that is just so damaging to the victim's self esteem. It also completely reinforces any pre-existing negative beliefs about the self!

From my perspective though, any random young woman will not fall for an abusive, controlling male - the internal 'patterning' has to be there. For example, if a young woman was brought up to believe in her independence and not to rely on a man to complete her, she would probably be repulsed by the guy as soon as his controlling tendencies began to emerge! But even more likely, the two of them wouldn't even be attracted to each other in the beginning as their issues don't match up.

We are close knit & this toxic relationship happened when my daughter was overwhelmed from the pressures of her business. The alarm bells rang when she stopped calling or could never speak because she was too busy. I'm not saying to live in their pockets but just stay in touch & only when they need you BE THERE! The narcissist thought he could sit back and have an easy lifestyle & was draining her and her company. His admiration & compliments for her slowly turned to ridiculing everything she did ever so subtly until she was desensitised & was questioning her own abilities. She is a headstrong girl and still kicks herself for ever letting a person like that into her life and now is back happily achieving her goals again. God only knows what would have happened if she didn't have caring close friends and family. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther