GUILTY Australia - Mason Jet Lee, 21 mos, Caboolture, Qld, 11 June 2016 *mother and stepfather guilty*

this reminds me of the little girl kyhesha lee joughin who also died a slow painful death from shocking abuse while people around her did nothing

Inspector Fadian was not ruling anyone in or out as a suspect at this stage nor would he comment on whether any of the abuse was sexual in nature.
Several people, including other children, were at the Deanne Court home when the body was discovered, police said.
Inspector Fadian said Mason had other siblings but police were satisfied with their care.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...dead-at-caboolture-south-20160704-gpxwld.html

Toddler found dead with 'horrific head-to-toe injuries' was murdered and may have been dead for hours before paramedics reached him
By Jennifer Smith
Daily Mail Australia 04:45 04 Jul 2016
updated 15:06 04 Jul 2016

'Mason Jet Lee was found dead at his stepfather Andrew O'Sullivan's house shortly after 12.30am in Caboolture, Queensland, on June 11.

His death is now being treated as a murder with Queensland Police revealing on Monday that they believed injuries found all over his body were deliberate and some had been there since January.

The 21-month-old had been dead for 'some time' before paramedics arrived and had been gravely unwell for a week beforehand, they said.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-MURDERED-dead-hours-paramedics-got-him.html

From 'mypolice Moreton':

Update: Homicide investigation,
Caboolture South

QPS Media
Jul 4, 2016 @ 11:16am

'Detectives investigating the suspicious death of a 21-month-old boy at a home in Caboolture South last month are appealing for public assistance as inquiries into the case continue.

Officers from the Homicide Investigation Unit (HIU) and Child Trauma Task Force have since joined the Moreton District Child Protection Investigation Unit in investigating the boy’s death.

Detectives investigating the suspicious death of a 21-month-old boy at a home in Caboolture South last month are appealing for public assistance as inquiries into the case continue.

Officers from the Homicide Investigation Unit (HIU) and Child Trauma Task Force have since joined the Moreton District Child Protection Investigation Unit in investigating the boy’s death.

Mason Jet Lee was located deceased at a Deanne Court residence around 12.30am on June 11.

Moreton District Crime Group Detective Acting Inspector Ben Fadian said a post mortem had since been conducted.

“Post mortem results have indicated that the death was unlikely to have been as a result of an accident and as such we are continuing to treat it as suspicious,” Detective Acting Inspector Fadian said.

“Mason suffered severe injuries and may have been sick for a number of days or even weeks prior to his death.

“We are urging anyone who had interactions with Mason at any time this year or has any information about his death to contact investigators directly or call to Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000,” he said.

Detective Inspector Damien Hansen said detectives from HIU and the Child Trauma Task Force are assisting regional officers following the establishment of an Investigation Centre.

“The QPS has significant resources attached to investigating Mason’s death with an investigation centre in operation at Burpengary Police Station,” Detective Inspector Hansen said.

“The death of any child is always tragic but this is a particularly distressing case where a young child has suffered horrific injuries.

“Our team of detectives are determined to complete a robust and exhaustive investigation and are continuing to appeal for anyone with information which could assist us to come forward.”

Anyone with information which could assist with this matter should contact Crime Stoppers anonymously via 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au 24hrs a day.

Crime Stoppers is a registered charity and community volunteer organisation working in partnership with the Queensland Police Service.

For all non-urgent police reporting or general police inquiries contact Policelink on 131 444 or Policelink.qld.gov.au 24hrs a day.'

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/moreton/2016/07/04/update-homicide-investigation-caboolture-south/

[h=1]Mother of murdered Caboolture toddler, Mason Lee speaks[/h]https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/31982415/mason-lee-caboolture-toddler/#page1

What I gather from this news story is that the mum knew about the injuries inflicted on Mason Lee, pm reveals some injuries were a week old and mum was with child around 5 days. It isn't clear why she didn't have full care of the child.

I've just been following the trial of Ben Butler who was responsible and found guilty of murder for the death of his 6 yr old daughter, Ellie. Ellie's mother,Jennie Gray, who didn't reside with BB, was found guilty of child cruelty.

I'm wondering if we have the same case here, where the mother is irrationally devoted to her partner and overlooks abuse inflicted on her child. These cases are just too tragic to even get my head around. These poor children are victims of their parent's sickening disorders. These children have no voices, no rights, nothing but pain and suffering! :cry: JMO

What I gather from this news story is that the mum knew about the injuries inflicted on Mason Lee, pm reveals some injuries were a week old and mum was with child around 5 days. It isn't clear why she didn't have full care of the child.

I've just been following the trial of Ben Butler who was responsible and found guilty of murder for the death of his 6 yr old daughter, Ellie. Ellie's mother,Jennie Gray, who didn't reside with BB, was found guilty of child cruelty.

I'm wondering if we have the same case here, where the mother is irrationally devoted to her partner and overlooks abuse inflicted on her child. These cases are just too tragic to even get my head around. These poor children are victims of their parent's sickening disorders. These children have no voices, no rights, nothing but pain and suffering!

I've researched similar cases of child abuse/manslaughter/murder in the past. IIRC a child living in a home where there is a non-biological 'adult' male in a quasi-parental role is 33 times more likely to suffer abuse. Is it a moral indictment against me if I predict his mother's partner will be responsible for Mason's death?

I've researched similar cases of child abuse/manslaughter/murder in the past. IIRC a child living in a home where there is a non-biological 'adult' male in a quasi-parental role is 33 times more likely to suffer abuse. Is it a moral indictment against me if I predict his mother's partner will be responsible for Mason's death?

sadly it seems true, why do single mothers hook up with these losers, its sickening how much this is happening and so common now you can almost guarantee its the boyfriend "stepdad"
there need to be self esteem, respect, kindness and empathy classes taught in all schools from the first day of school until the last, as a way of life, so its ingrained to love and value life

It is always the first place investigators look, because you're exactly right, living with a non-biological adult increases the risk of a child experiencing abuse of any kind.
I wonder about involvement with drugs. The whole thing is terribly sad.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There's so much that isn't being said in this case. That poor child must have been in excruciating pain.
I'm a single mom to 2 sons. And I won't let anyone that I date alone with my children. Or even meet them. No, they are not allowed in my home. They are young for such a short time. I have time for myself once they are out of the home.

There's so much that isn't being said in this case. That poor child must have been in excruciating pain.
I'm a single mom to 2 sons. And I won't let anyone that I date alone with my children. Or even meet them. No, they are not allowed in my home. They are young for such a short time. I have time for myself once they are out of the home.

yes, i agree, our children should always come first, its incredibly hard being a single parent but so rewarding when your children grow into happy healthy secure little people from all that love and sacrifice.

First off I hope anyone who has any info at all will have the courage to contact the proper authorities.

And I hope all the adults responsible for this little one's care never see the light of day again, granting them the same mercy they showed for the innocent little boy.

‘Tragic bungle’ before toddler’s death

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...h/news-story/261c8a0c525a248fd7ad951a7149fd2f

this may be behind a paywall so.......

Lee was found dead on June 11, but a medical report handed to homicide police shows the little boy was admitted to hospital in March suffering a broken leg, severe nappy rash, a ruptured bowel and an anal tear indicating he may have been sexually abused, The Sunday Mail was told.

Doctors reported Lee’s nappy rash was so severe it required surgical dressings.

‘Tragic bungle’ before toddler’s death

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...h/news-story/261c8a0c525a248fd7ad951a7149fd2f

this may be behind a paywall so.......

Lee was found dead on June 11, but a medical report handed to homicide police shows the little boy was admitted to hospital in March suffering a broken leg, severe nappy rash, a ruptured bowel and an anal tear indicating he may have been sexually abused, The Sunday Mail was told.

Doctors reported Lee’s nappy rash was so severe it required surgical dressings.

How terrible it's just heartbreaking how much some babies and children suffer.

Incredibly sad :'( The poor little boy.

I hope heads roll over this case. Absolutely disgusting ! That poor little baby.
Things HAVE to change in our system. Sending a baby like that back to the same environment is just too horrific for words. I've been so worked up over this today. :(

The mother of a baby severely injured four months before he was found dead, said he never should have been released from hospital.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1207685915910925&id=130736376939223

Video at link...

Ummm.. what?! Or maybe you should have protected him like any decent mother would have?!

How can she essentially lay the blame on the hospital and say he shouldn't have been released?

Please take the other children off her. They are not safe with this lunatic!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mason Jet Lee death: Toddler should have never been returned to family, Queensland Opposition says
ABC News
By Kym Agius, staff
Updated about 5 hours ago (as of 02:01 11JUL16 AEST)
Posted yesterday at 12:22pm (as of 11JUL16

'Queensland's Health Minister has ordered an investigation into why a toddler who died from traumatic injuries had earlier been allowed home from hospital with his family.

Cameron Dick said initial advice showed the clinicians fulfilled their duties to report Mason Jet Lee to the child safety department before his release.'

'"Initial advice is that we fulfilled our duties and responsibilities," Mr Dick said.

"We have done what we needed to do."

But he said: "Lets look at all parts of the system to see what has occurred and what we can do to learn from this."

Child Safety Minister Shannon Fentiman said a separate, independent investigation had already been launched - as is the case with all children who die who are known to her department.

It will examine why Mason was released to his family, despite the warning from doctors.

"Any recommendation will be implemented," she said.

"It is an absolute tragedy."

Queensland 'taking too long to address child safety notifications'

Opposition child safety spokeswoman Ros Bates fears the child safety department is haemorrhaging under pressure, and there will be another similar death.

"The fact that Mason was returned to his family is horrendous," she said.

"There is another Mason out there.

"The Minister needs to explain what they did, what they knew and what they will do so this never happens again."'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...ure-toddler-child-safety-review-death/7584286

the partner has other children living with him, i hope they have been removed by now, what abuse did they suffer?
did they witness this babys abuse?
and im so pleased the puppies were removed, but wonder about the poor mother dog?

sydney channel nine a current affair doing a story on this case tonight (thurs) at 7pm, asking who killed mason and asking for public info

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back