GUILTY Australia - Michelle Leng, 25, found slain in Snapper Point blowhole, NSW, Apr 2016

She was captured walking along Pitt Street about 3pm last Thursday before later catching a train from St James railway station, which arrived at Campsie station about 4.30pm.
She continued communicating with her friends until late in the evening on Thursday, police said. After that point, her phone and social media accounts were not active.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/uncle-cha...helle-leng-20160429-goirkf.html#ixzz47Fo2ODtw
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook
Thanks TGY, that makes more sense.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...g/news-story/b80c08b2806bfe1438f3c47b12970c2e

And yep
they'll get you said:
Her (allegedly murderous) uncle was 27....Michelle was 25.

Reports say Michelle was going on a 'date', I'm wondering if this was a setup by her 'amorous' uncle. :thinking:

agree, that makes the whole "going out to meet up with someone" bit much creepier.

I wonder if he is a blood relative parent's-brother uncle, or more of a distant relative that she referred to as uncle.

There are several things which do not add up in this case so i have done a timeline from three newspaper articles:.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ole-identified-Sydney-university-student.html

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/uncle-cha...helle-leng-20160429-goirkf.html#ixzz47Fo2ODtw

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...g/news-story/b80c08b2806bfe1438f3c47b12970c2e

Thursday April 21 3pm Michelle is captured on CCTV shopping at Myer and then catching train to Campsie station where she arrived at 4.30pm from St James railway station.She continued communicating with her friends until late in the evening on Thursday, police said. After that point, her phone and social media accounts were not active. Friends and family have left dozens of messages next to the photograph, which is time stamped “1 week ago” and was likely taken on Thursday April 21, the day she was last seen..

SO FAMILY AND FRIENDS KNEW SHE WAS MISSING ON THE THURSDAY BUT DID NOT REPORT IT TO POLICE UNTIL THE MONDAY AFTER HER HER BODY WAS FOUND ON THE SUNDAY AND IT WAS ON THE NEWS. IT APPEARS FROM THE COMMENTS THAT THE FAMILY SHE LIVED WITH CONCOCTED THE STORY THAT SHE WAS INTENDING TO MEET SOMEONE SHE HAD MET ONLINE AND HAD NOT RETURNED HOME AFTER THE DATE. SO WHO WAS COMMUNICATING ON HER MOBILE PHONE UNTIL THE LATE HOURS? WAS THIS STORY CONCOCTED BEFORE SHE WAS MURDERED OR WAS SOMEONE ELSE POSING AS HER? AS THE HOUSE WAS DEEMED A CRIME SCENE, I ASSUME THAT MICHELLE DIED IN THEIR HOUSE EARLIER AND THEN HE USED HER MOBILE PHONE TO DISTRACT. HE THEN DROVE HER BODY TO SNAPPER POINT ON THE FRIDAY OR SATURDAY.

Sunday April 24 10.30am Ms Leng's body was discovered by a tourist at the Snapper Point blowhole at the Lake Munmorah National Park. She was naked and had been stabbed multiple times in the neck. She had no jewellery, no personal items and no tattoos, and remained unidentified for three days. While police were working to identify her, Ms Leng's family and friends circulated a missing person's report on Chinese social media, calling on the local Chinese community to help find the missing business graduate, who was also known by her Chinese name Menmei Leng. The report said she was last seen by friends waiting for a bus outside the University of Technology, Sydney, last Thursday.Ms Leng was discovered face down on Sunday morning and authorities believe she could not have been there for any longer than 48 hours, and it was likely much less than that.'She was found at 10.30am so this is suggestive of the fact that perhaps her body hadn't been there very long in the water,' Mr Jubelin said.The detective chief inspector said although the blow hole was about five kilometres from the entrance to the national park, there was a carpark right near the tourist attraction and so it is possible she was transported there by a vehicle. In eight years, there have been 16 deaths between Snapper Point and Frazer Park, which covers an area of 3km along the coast line.

RATHER THAN TELLING THE POLICE, HE WANTED IT TO LOOK AS IF MICHELLE WAS A MISSING PERSON IN THE CHINESE COMMUNITY.

Monday April 25 Michelle Leng, 25, was reported missing by her family after it was claimed she failed to return to her Campsie home from a shopping trip FOUR DAYS EARLIER.

DID THE AUNT REPORT IT OR DID HE? TAKING FOUR DAYS TO REPORT IT TO POLICE MAKES THEM LOOK VERY SUSPICIOUS

Thursday 28 April Ms Leng’s heartbroken parents have told Chinese media of police descending on their daughter’s home yesterday. “(They) took away her toothbrush, collected hair and other personal items to do DNA comparison. Today the police took away Michelle’s computer to find more effective clues,” they said. Chatter on social media sites this week suggested Ms Leng had plans to meet up with somebody she had met online.

Friday April 29 Police had been told that she never made it to the Campsie home she shared with her aunt and cousin.However, Detectives executed a crime scene warrant on the family's Campsie home on Friday afternoon.

Police charged Mengmei Leng, 27, with the murder of a Chinese international student whose body was discovered floating face down in a blowhole on the NSW central coast last weekend. She had been stabbed several times in the neck.

Saturday 30 Leng will appear at Parramatta Bail Court.

Her mother and brother, who live in China, were struggling to comprehend the news of her death.

NO MENTION OF HER FATHER? THE ACCUSED IS POSSIBLY MICHELLE'S FATHER'S BROTHER.

Michelle's Instagram account is still active.
If you scroll down to last Christmas, she has pictures with the accused.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

There are several things which do not add up in this case.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/uncle-cha...helle-leng-20160429-goirkf.html#ixzz47Fo2ODtw

Thursday April 21 3pm Michelle is captured on CCTV shopping at Myer and then catching train to Campsie station where she arrived at 4.30pm from St James railway station.She continued communicating with her friends until late in the evening on Thursday, police said. After that point, her phone and social media accounts were not active. Friends and family have left dozens of messages next to the photograph, which is time stamped “1 week ago” and was likely taken on Thursday April 21, the day she was last seen..

SO FAMILY AND FRIENDS KNEW SHE WAS MISSING ON THE THURSDAY BUT DID NOT REPORT IT TO POLICE UNTIL THE MONDAY AFTER HER HER BODY WAS FOUND ON THE SUNDAY AND IT WAS ON THE NEWS. IT APPEARS FROM THE COMMENTS THAT THE FAMILY SHE LIVED WITH CONCOCTED THE STORY THAT SHE WAS INTENDING TO MEET SOMEONE SHE HAD MET ONLINE AND HAD NOT RETURNED HOME AFTER THE DATE. SO WHO WAS COMMUNICATING ON SOCIAL MEDIA UNTIL THE LATE HOURS? WAS THIS STORY CONCOCTED BEFORE SHE WAS MURDERED OR WAS SOMEONE ELSE POSING AS HER ON SOCIAL MEDIA? AS THE HOUSE WAS DEEMED A CRIME SCENE, I ASSUME THAT MICHELLE DIED IN THEIR HOUSE EARLIER AND THEN USED SOCIAL MEDIA TO DISTRACT. IF SO, THEY MUST HAVE KNOWN HER PASSWORD. OTHERWISE, IT WAS PREMEDITATED TO PLANT THE IDEA FIRST AND HE ANNOUNCED THAT SHE WAS MISSING BEFORE SHE WAS MURDERED AFTER MIDNIGHT. HE THEN DROVE HER BODY TO SNAPPER POINT. . .

Sunday April 24 10.30am Ms Leng's body was discovered by a tourist at the Snapper Point blowhole at the Lake Munmorah National Park. She was naked and had been stabbed multiple times in the neck. She had no jewellery, no personal items and no tattoos, and remained unidentified for three days. While police were working to identify her, Ms Leng's family and friends circulated a missing person's report on Chinese social media, calling on the local Chinese community to help find the missing business graduate, who was also known by her Chinese name Menmei Leng. The report said she was last seen by friends waiting for a bus outside the University of Technology, Sydney, last Thursday.

RATHER THAN TELLING THE POLICE, HE WANTED IT TO LOOK AS IF MICHELLE WAS A MISSING PERSON IN THE CHINESE COMMUNITY.

Monday April 25 Michelle Leng, 25, was reported missing by her family after it was claimed she failed to return to her Campsie home from a shopping trip FOUR DAYS EARLIER.

DID THE AUNT REPORT IT OR DID HE? TAKING FOUR DAYS TO REPORT IT TO POLICE MAKES THEM LOOK VERY SUSPICIOUS

Thursday 28 April Ms Leng’s heartbroken parents have told Chinese media of police descending on their daughter’s home yesterday. “(They) took away her toothbrush, collected hair and other personal items to do DNA comparison. Today the police took away Michelle’s computer to find more effective clues,” they said. Chatter on social media sites this week suggested Ms Leng had plans to meet up with somebody she had met online.

Friday April 29 Police had been told that she never made it to the Campsie home she shared with her aunt and cousin.However, Detectives executed a crime scene warrant on the family's Campsie home on Friday afternoon.

Police charged Mengmei Leng, 27, with the murder of a Chinese international student whose body was discovered floating face down in a blowhole on the NSW central coast last weekend. She had been stabbed several times in the neck.

Saturday 30 Leng will appear at Parramatta Bail Court.

Her mother and brother, who live in China, were struggling to comprehend the news of her death.

NO MENTION OF HER FATHER? THE ACCUSED IS POSSIBLY MICHELLE'S FATHER'S BROTHER.

With the same last name, sounds like he was her father's much younger brother.

Looking at her background, it is hard to believe she was the type to be off meeting someone online.

The place she was found is the same one that family of 5 from Hong Kong all drowned.

Why am I thinking of the Lin family murders? Could be jealousy of Michelle's achievements or family?

I am also thinking of the Lin family murders. As well as jealousy, it could be that, being only two years older than Michelle, he fancied her and she rejected him. Why was her body found naked? Of course, it could be that he did not want anything to identify her and thought he could get away with it. Was he employed? Was her family paying enough rent? Had she been complicit for fear in the past and now she was rejecting him and stating that she intended to have a boyfriend and move out so he would miss the rent plus any possible dalliances as she had recently graduated and could afford to live somewhere else?

Did they give his name out wrong?
He is anglo, not Asian.
Getting even more confused.

Yes - more info in this updated article.

http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/uncle-charg...se-student-michelle-leng-20160429-goirkf.html

Uncle has been named as Derek Barrett...married to her auntie.

I grew up near here. It is popular for rock fisherman and about 1-2 drown here every year. Often they are tourists and frequently, Asian. I think this is because they are unfamiliar with the natural hazards (in fact many drownings at beaches in NSW are tourists from overseas or out west). I wonder if the Uncle grew up near this area and was familiar with it.

Has the accused's photo been released yet? How do you know that that ;photos are the accused? There are only about 14 photos on her Instagram that have men in them out of hundreds. There is a baby who is probably her cousin. Michelle seems to have had a good lifestyle in Australia, loved food and wine and travelled. There are few photos of the family if that is them. I can imagine that they could have been jealous of her.

I will be interested in what his wife has to say. .Surely she knew what had gone on but failed to report it.

That's him. 7 News Australia has published the same photo on their Facebook page about 45 minutes ago. That poor, beautiful lady. This has been reported in the media today too (eg at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...university-student-Mengmei-Michelle-Leng.html), and this is eerie but she had been to that blowhole at Snapper Point before - there is a photo dated 30 June 2013 of the exact same location on her Instagram page (sob). The media is reporting the photo as taken 13 June 2013, but the date stamp comes up 30th June 2013 (does for me). Wondering if she was there with family including him at the time? This is so so sad. So much evil in this world. You can't even trust family anymore

That's him. 7 News Australia has published the same photo on their Facebook page about 45 minutes ago. That poor, beautiful lady. This has been reported in the media today too (eg at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...university-student-Mengmei-Michelle-Leng.html), and this is eerie but she had been to that blowhole at Snapper Point before - there is a photo dated 30 June 2013 of the exact same location on her Instagram page (sob). The media is reporting the photo as taken 13 June 2013, but the date stamp comes up 30th June 2013 (does for me). Wondering if she was there with family including him at the time? This is so so sad. So much evil in this world. You can't even trust family anymore
Yes, I saw that photo of the blowhole too.
If she was killed at their home late Thursday evening or early Friday morning, I wonder if her Aunt and cousin were out at the time.

Yes, I saw that photo of the blowhole too.
If she was killed at their home late Thursday evening or early Friday morning, I wonder if her Aunt and cousin were out at the time.

Thursday night shopping for his wife with child after an early dinner?

The accused is originally from Gwandalan which is about 11km by road from Snapper Pt. (to the North-west). Had a gut feeling he must of known the area. I live in the Lake Macquarie area and most people, other than locals and keen fishermen, probably wouldn't even know that blowhole existed. See http://www.nswcentralcoastnews.com.au/local/accused-killer-originally-from-gwandalan
Had family that lived at Summerland Point.
Her family may want to take her back to China for burial. Far too young.

Latest at http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2016/04/30/man-charged-over-violent-student-murder.html. "Police will allege Barrett murdered the 25-year-old over the weekend while his wife was away. It will be alleged his mobile phone was intercepted at Doyalson, less than 10km from where the woman's body was located, just 25 minutes before she was found on Sunday morning." The accused was formally refused bail at Parramatta Local Court today and will reappear on Wednesday, May 4 at Burwood Local Court in Sydney

Latest at http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2016/04/30/man-charged-over-violent-student-murder.html. "Police will allege Barrett murdered the 25-year-old over the weekend while his wife was away. It will be alleged his mobile phone was intercepted at Doyalson, less than 10km from where the woman's body was located, just 25 minutes before she was found on Sunday morning." The accused was formally refused bail at Parramatta Local Court today and will reappear on Wednesday, May 4 at Burwood Local Court in Sydney
Wow! Explains why she wasn't reported missing until Anzac Day. Well done NSW Police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back