GUILTY Australia - Michelle Leng, 25, found slain in Snapper Point blowhole, NSW, Apr 2016

Wow! Explains why she wasn't reported missing until Anzac Day. Well done NSW Police.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Agreed. Yes, well done NSW Police. My heart breaks for this poor lady. RIP sweet Angel. Taken way too soon. There's more - http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/michelle-...rek-barrett-refused-bail-20160430-goiwa4.html. Michelle was allegedly murdered inside the family home, bundled in the car, and driven to Snapper Pt. "It is believed CCTV footage captured a car entering the Lake Munmorah national park, almost two hours drive from Campsie, around 7am on Sunday morning."

At least 20 stab wounds. That's pretty personal. Another report said 30 stab wounds. That poor girl :(

She had been studying a translation course in Sydney and living with her aunt and cousin in Campsie.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/mystery-w...helle-leng-20160428-gogzrz.html#ixzz47HtEJOFf

I am now speculating that her aunt and Derek Barratt were separated as it is reported that he lived in Gwandalan and it is now being reported that she lived with her aunt and cousin. Possibly Barratt has become aware that his wife and child will be away from Thursday until Anzac Day. He still has the keys to the house so (with or) without anyone's knowledge, he decides to stay there or enter without anyone's knowledge.

What could his motive be? My hunch is that he either blames Michelle for the separation and is angry at her or that he fancied her or both. He knows she will be alone so there will be no witnesses. As she was on her mobile phone until late that night, maybe he entered during the night when she was asleep. The next morning,she could have been shocked to see him there if she did not know beforehand. so he confronts her blaming her for the separation and an argument occurs and/or he becomes sexually violent with her as some of the media have stated that this is a possibility that the police are looking into. During the day it all escalates to his stabbing her 30 times! Police believed she had suffered ‘a violent assault prior to her death’.

He puts her body in his car when night falls, cleans up and drives to Snapper Point on the Sunday morning and after 5.30am, when the road opens, he dumps her naked body in the blowhole. At 10.30-a tourist discovers her body. Police don't anticipate her body was in the water very long, Police divers later recovered "certain items from the water" near where her body was found, but police would not publicly divulge what they were, or whether the murder weapon was recovered.

When she failed to make contact over the Anzac Day long weekend, her family filed a missing persons report with the NSW Police on Monday. Maybe her aunt had arrived home by then and she was not there having tried to contact her over the weekend with no reply. In the meantime, perhaps Derek Barratt is back home in Gwandalan not expecting to be caught.

What is not clear to me is whether she was living her uncle as well as her aunt and cousin as one report mentioned only her aunt and cousin. Was Derek Barratt still in the house on Friday? It appears he was as he was arrested there. So maybe they are not separated after all. So why didn't he go away with his wife and child?

I wonder if this is a story (below) that he concocted to tell his wife or whether there is proof of this or whether she was trying to protect him as I went to Michelle's facebook page and saw no evidence of this?

"Earlier in the week, Ms Leng's aunt told an Australia-based Chinese-language news site her niece's Facebook chat records revealed that, unbeknownst to them, she had recently met an Australian boyfriend.

"We looked at those photos, blonde hair, white skin, his eyes were very fierce, he didn't look friendly, lives in Wollongong," she said on Thursday in an interview that has been translated.

"If this boyfriend did something bad to her, Michelle would fight back, plus she never had a boyfriend before, this is her first."

When Fairfax Media asked the NSW police on Friday whether they were pursuing this lead, a police contact confirmed it was not their main avenue of inquiry.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/michelle-...rek-barrett-refused-bail-20160430-goiwa4.html

If he took her to Lake Munmorah on Sunday morning, and she hadn't been heard from since Thursday night, what in earth happened in the 2 days between?

20-30 wounds to her neck would have created a lot of blood. Perhaps it took him that time to clean up.

One of the articles stated that his phone pinged at Doyalson 25 minutes before she was found. (Doyalson is not that far from Lake Munmorah and it leads on to the Freeway back to Sydney which is heading away from Gwandalan)

If he took her to Lake Munmorah on Sunday morning, and she hadn't been heard from since Thursday night, what in earth happened in the 2 days between?

20-30 wounds to her neck would have created a lot of blood. Perhaps it took him that time to clean up.

One of the articles stated that his phone pinged at Doyalson 25 minutes before she was found. (Doyalson is not that far from Lake Munmorah and it leads on to the Freeway back to Sydney which is heading away from Gwandalan)

So he was probably heading back to Campsie when his phone pinged at Doyalson. The body was found by a tourist at 10.30am and his phone pinged in Doyalson 25 minutes before she was found. To drive from Snapper Point to Doyalson only takes 17 minutes so only a gap of 8 minutes! I wonder if someone witnessed him dumping the body or saw his car.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...81632d8a0!2m2!1d151.5229956!2d-33.1998658!3e0

What was he doing in those two days?

Thursday - I now don't think anything happened this day as the police have said Michelle was on her mobile talking to friends until the late hours.

Friday - ? No activity on Michelle's mobile phone or on social media so she must have died this day.

Saturday - ? Bundled her body into the car and cleaned up?

Sunday - He drove to Snapper Point early and dumped her body.

I wonder if his car has been forensically examined by now?

I also wonder when he told his wife that Michelle was "missing"?

So he was probably heading back to Campsie when his phone pinged at Doyalson. The body was found by a tourist at 10.30am and his phone pinged in Doyalson 25 minutes before she was found. To drive from Snapper Point to Doyalson only takes 17 minutes so only a gap of 8 minutes! I wonder if someone witnessed him dumping the body or saw his car.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...81632d8a0!2m2!1d151.5229956!2d-33.1998658!3e0
If she was found at 10.30am, then his phone pinged at Doyalson 25mins before at 10.05am. A 17min drive would put him at the National Park around 9.50am. Although it isn't known if he went anywhere else or had stopped for petrol. There is also the possibility the tower was in Doyalson and he may still have been close to the Lake Munmorah area.

Thursday - I now don't think anything happened this day as the police have said Michelle was on her mobile talking to friends until the late hours.

Friday - ? No activity on Michelle's mobile phone or on social media so she must have died this day.

She may have been held against her will for a period of time. One of the articles states that NSWP believe she was killed over the weekend.

Well all we can say about Friday is that she didn't use her phone/social media. She didn't have access to a phone, so maybe she was killed that day but maybe she was not. I wonder if they can tell how long she had been dead before going into the water.

It just goes to show that looks can be deceiving. He looks the total opposite of someone capable of that kind of violence.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...g/news-story/b80c08b2806bfe1438f3c47b12970c2e

Ms Leng’s accused killer, her 27-year-old uncle Derek Barrett, fronted Parramatta bail court via video link on Saturday charged with her murder.Barrett remained silent throughout the brief appearance. He did not apply for bail and it was formally refused, meaning he will remain behind bars until his next court date.
Ms Leng was last seen catching the train home to the southwest Sydney suburb of Campsie on Thursday afternoon, where she lived with her 48-year-old auntie and the accused since arriving in Australia five years ago.

27......48.......... oh i guess love knows no age barrier.................................................................. lived in Australia with them for 5 years....... I wonder if that means they were already married 5 years ago when Michelle moved in with them, or if Derek met and married Michelle's aunty in the past 5 years? I read it as, 5 years ago the aunt and uncle were married and Michelle moved in with them.

She may have been held against her will for a period of time. One of the articles states that NSWP believe she was killed over the weekend.

Police will allege Barrett murdered the young woman at Campsie while his wife was away for the weekend, some time between 4.45pm on Thursday, April 21, and 10.30am on Sunday, April 24.

:( that is a big window of time...

Less than an hour later she is seen catching a train from St James Railway Station, arriving at Campsie Railway Station about 4.30pm.

Police believe she never made it to the Campsie home she shared with her aunt and cousin.

Michelle didn't make it home?

The footage of Michelle shopping shows, to me, a worried look, eyes down, not happy. No shopping bags in tow. With her aunt away was she just spending time shopping not wanting to go home to just him? He might have been sexually harassing her and imagined she was his to abuse. Maybe she was ready to spill the beans on his advances.....was she raped? 30 stab wounds...police described it as a frenzied attack.....bloody hell!

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...g/news-story/b80c08b2806bfe1438f3c47b12970c2e

Skynews said that she was stabbed 35 times and that her aunt is 48yo. I guess her aunt owns the house then as she is 21 years older than he is. I read that Derek Barratt used to be an IT worker. Perhaps since they had a child, he has stayed home to mind the child while the aunt works.

Less than an hour later she is seen catching a train from St James Railway Station, arriving at Campsie Railway Station about 4.30pm.

Police believe she never made it to the Campsie home she shared with her aunt and cousin.

Michelle didn't make it home?

The footage of Michelle shopping shows, to me, a worried look, eyes down, not happy. No shopping bags in tow. With her aunt away was she just spending time shopping not wanting to go home to just him? He might have been sexually harassing her and imagined she was his to abuse. Maybe she was ready to spill the beans on his advances.....was she raped? 30 stab wounds...police described it as a frenzied attack.....bloody hell!

IMO that was just a story he told that they all believed.

A murder like this has to be about sex or rape. He had the weekend alone with her and was probably planning from a few days out how he was going to have his way with her.

She resisted his advances and he went nuts. She doesn't look like the type of girl who would have caused an argument leading to her being killed for any other reason than resisting his sexual advances.

She also looks like the type of attractive, petite and what I can tell a quiet girl an animal like that would feel like he could have his way with. When you have a 48 year old wife and she leaves behind a 25 year old niece behind you can see what he was thinking....he would have been salivating about this weekend. Especially when he must have had an attraction to Asians to marry a 48 year old when he is only 27.

A murder like this has to be about sex or rape. He had the weekend alone with her and was probably planning from a few days out how he was going to have his way with her.

She resisted his advances and he went nuts. She doesn't look like the type of girl who would have caused an argument leading to her being killed for any other reason than resisting his sexual advances.

She also looks like the type of attractive, petite and what I can tell a quiet girl an animal like that would feel like he could have his way with. When you have a 48 year old wife and she leaves behind a 25 year old niece behind you can see what he was thinking....he would have been salivating about this weekend. Especially when he must have had an attraction to Asians to marry a 48 year old when he is only 27.

I'm getting the same vibe. It's pointing to a narcissistic misogynist who feels he owns his women.
A 27 year old with a 48 year old Asian woman? Who was the more desperate of the two, HIM or her?

30-35 stab wounds? ****!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back