GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's say that DJK first stabs MH in the neck with a surprise attack. I would think that the blood spatter from that onto his glasses (and it has been reported that blood was detected on his glasses) would obstruct him from inflicting more serious wounds afterwards. Blood all over his glasses may also have put him off from inflicting a larger number of stabs.

Good question...

I wonder how limited his eyesight is without his glasses...

Additionally... I am still puzzled that the glasses had not been washed (rid of blood evidence) prior to the time LE found them....

could they have been left at the crime scene (MH's bedroom)?

This may be another reason LE seemed to be running a parallel investigation into possible male perps... Alongside possible female perps?

Just some thoughts...

Hi All,

I have also been lurking in the background and have decided to weigh into the conversation.

I guess I have a personal interest in this story and the reason it struck a chord with me was because when I first read this story, alarm bells rang and my first thought was 'Grindr' hookup gone wrong.

The reason for the alarm bells - and the more than typical amount of interest in this story I guess is based on the fact that I live only 10 mins away from where this all took place and have used Grindr quite often in the past. The scenario of this type of thing happening always in the back of my mind - and could so easily occur. When you really think about it - you are inviting strangers into your home or vice versa and putting yourself into - lets be blunt - quite a vulnerable situation.

Anyway - I thought I would add a few comments as food for thought.

Firstly, I would't be so quick to dismiss DJK as unattractive to MH and therefore no possibility of consensual sexual activity taking place. You'd be surprised at the amount of married men, men in relationships with women and men that would quite often sleep with woman - that are on Grindr. Secondly, quite often, masculine men in these situations will go for more effeminate guys.

The scenario leading up to DJK meeting up with MH also has the hallmarks of a Grindr hookup. MH buys some time whilst waiting for DJK by having a beer and then leaves the pub after thinking DJK will be a no show. Once MH Leaves the pub, he decides to give DJK some more time to arrive - hence the pacing at the crust store - and then finally walks off. DJK then notices him, takes time to identify that it is MH and then runs up to him and strikes up a conversation at which point they head to MH's place.

From here - I am totally lost for how things could have gone so wrong.

I will stop rambling now. And while I have painted a certain picture above - I in no way believe that it has to be true or must be the case. It's just one option in amongst countless others that are swirling around in my mind. And if it is in fact along those lines, there is no way MH should be vilified. Sexual confusion and how people deal with it is their business and the people directly involved only. Not others. But typically straight guys sleeping with guys every now and then certainly out there.

Cheers.

:welcome: Sydsleuth! :wagon:

So glad to have another local here... And one that can give input into theories posted here!

:seeya:

http://www.forensicmed.co.uk/wounds/sharp-force-trauma/patterns-of-sharp-force-trauma/

Most homicidal stab wounds are single wounds, and the areas of the body most commonly targeted are the chest, heart and neck.

Where the throat is targeted during an assault, the wounds produced tend to be deeper, and more haphazardly placed. They are produced following a sweeping movement of the knife, and are not associated with tentative or hesitation marks. There are sometimes termination scratch-like abrasions where the knifepoint has been drawn over the skin surface on withdrawal.

The targets of injury are unprotected areas of the body, and the chest is an obvious target due to its closeness to the attacker, and the knowledge that it contains many vital organs.

The majority of people are right handed, and the majority of assaults are frontal. Wounds received during an assault tend to be clustered on the left side of the body, particularly the chest.

Karlsson (1998) identified homicidal stab wounds being clustered around the head, upper extremities and chest, but found that wounds in the crook of the arm and the lower extremity, as well as the abdomen were more likely to be found in cases of homicide than suicide. He also found that clothing was more likely to be damaged in homicide victims (79%) as opposed to suicides (5%).

Where a knife slash impacts the body it may ‘skip’ along the surface as it passes over natural contours or bony ridges, and result in a discontinuous line of injury. If one looks at the pattern as a whole, the nature of the single slash wound can be appreciated.

Green (1978) indicated in his research into stab wounds that although it could be argued that a single wound was accidental, the action of removing a knife from a body required considerable effort, and therefore a victim with more than 1 wound could be argued to represent a situation where the assailant was more intent on doing serious harm, thus helping to negate a defence of accident.

This is an interesting article - will be handy if and when we get access to the autopsy.
When thinking of the effort needed to make repeated stab wounds...

I had not thought about the effort it takes to REMOVE the weapon in between each stab...

Very interesting!

JMO

As with a few other things in this case, there appears to be conflicting reports about the flatmate... ie...asleep, not long home from friends. But all the reports say she made the 000 call at 3.01am.

September 12, 2013

Mr Huxley's Irish flatmate told police that a noise woke her up and she found Mr Huxley bleeding heavily from a number of wounds in his bedroom about 3am.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/friends-l...iness-owner-20130912-2tnuw.html#ixzz2hQJnl7u3

Ms Redmond is believed to have been out with friends on the Saturday night and got back to the unit shortly before 3am

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2013/10/09/man-charged-over-huxley-murder/29249

Police said she was at home at the time

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/...-bay-in-hunt-for-morgan-huxleys-killer/?cs=11
Thanks Marlywings! :seeya:

By the way... Do I get an award for the most comments posted in a row? :floorlaugh:

SMH
Morgan Huxley's last moments: inside the case that gripped Sydney

Every single employee at Crust Pizza, Thai-in-a-box, Paddy's Pies and Curry Palace on Ben Boyd Road remembered a ginger-haired loner who was never without a paperback novel in hand.
He would often dine by himself and always carried his “chef kit” with him.

Bold=:scared:

Good point...

Maybe MH DID allow the killer into his house...

But only under duress... By being threatened with a knife or gun or ???

JMO

We don't have the gun culture problem in the public arena IHNC. No right to bear arms thank goodness in the Aussie constitution.

Very difficult for the person on the street to buy a hand gun, unless they're part of the criminal element and obtain it illegally.

I am sure as more information trickles out, it will become glaringly obvious that this was no Grindr hookup.

More like a stalker with a massive fantasy in his head.

Morgan may have represented a character in those books.

The perp may have been playing the story lines out in his head, total delusion.

:cow:

We don't have the gun culture problem in the public arena IHNC. No right to bear arms thank goodness in the Aussie constitution.

Very difficult for the person on the street to buy a hand gun, unless they're part of the criminal element and obtain it illegally.

Good to know...

But... It seems to me that someone who murders another with multiple stab wounds is probably not concerned with laws... And that may include the legality of owning a gun...

KWIM...

JMO...

And then imagine the hurt when this friendly, fun, good-looking guy rejects you? It's like those movies where the loner is accepted by the cool kids at school only to find out it's a joke. Not that I think Morgan did reject him, but to someone like DJK, it could have felt that way.

Mrs G - I also don't think DJK is necessarily a sociopath. Borderline? Quite possibly. Even some schizotypal traits if the depiction of him is accurate (big IF there).

I was wondering if there was some alcohol or maybe a bong at Morgan's, maybe DJK was inexperienced and lost his inhibitions or became paranoid?

Hi guys. I understand why people are trying to fit DJK into a diagnostic category but really, none of us can accurately speculate exactly what's going on with him regarding having a personality disorder.

We'll only really know if they get a psych to administer tests for court (and conduct diagnostic interviews with him.) You certainly can't tell if someone is Borderline or Antisocial Personality (sociopath) from the scant info we've got. Not criticising anyone, by the way, but felt to say that

Hi guys. I understand why people are trying to fit DJK into a diagnostic category but really, none of us can accurately speculate exactly what's going on with him regarding having a personality disorder.

We'll only really know if they get a psych to administer tests for court (and conduct diagnostic interviews with him.) You certainly can't tell if someone is Borderline or Antisocial Personality (sociopath) from the scant info we've got. Not criticising anyone, by the way, but felt to say that

All due respect to psychiatry etc but when I was a kid, you were either loopy or you were not.

This perp definitely comes under the Loopy label, to my mind - the specific label/s of the loopiness doesn't really matter and could even be undiagnosable, some of them are.

Maybe his mom dropped him on his head when he was a baby. And I'm not trying to be funny, I'm serious. A lot of violent killers sustained a severe head injury as children.

That's why he reminds me of Bryant. Just born wrong...there's wires crossing inside those heads for whatever reason, wires that should never meet, and they're short circuiting the whole damn thing.

All due respect to psychiatry etc but when I was a kid, you were either loopy or you were not.

This perp definitely comes under the Loopy label, to my mind - the specific label/s of the loopiness doesn't really matter and could even be undiagnosable, some of them are.

Maybe his mom dropped him on his head when he was a baby. And I'm not trying to be funny, I'm serious. A lot of violent killers sustained a severe head injury as children.

That's why he reminds me of Bryant. Just born wrong...there's wires crossing inside those heads for whatever reason, wires that should never meet, and they're short circuiting the whole damn thing.

Absolutely, lots of violent offenders have a history of head injury in childhood.

But I've got to say I just don't believe anybody is 'born wrong'. It's always a combination of nature (as in personality tendencies, not being born 'evil') and nurture.

I've worked with lots of offenders and I've yet to meet one who didn't have a difficult home life in childhood - even if they came from the middle class. There's an assumption that if somebody has professional parents and lives in a good suburb, they must have had a good childhood - but the emotional impact of childhood is what affects us all.

I find that last article interesting how they pointed out that DK is not cooperating with police and not telling them anything... This again leads me to believe that police have just assumed he was after sex. I think it's all about that book! The book has bugged me from the start and still does. He may well have been LARPING but throw in a mental illness and who knows what could happen. Will his already noted gamer obsession, these books and everyone's remarks about him being a loner it seems that he is very withdrawn from the real world. And the fact the such an epically long series that he has a fascination with has only recently come to an end, could have been a factor also...maybe there's a "misery" kind of element....prob a bit out there, but if the book isn't a big part of this then I'll be shocked..although, wouldn't be the first time I've been shocked with this case lol

I find that last article interesting how they pointed out that DK is not cooperating with police and not telling them anything... This again leads me to believe that police have just assumed he was after sex. I think it's all about that book! The book has bugged me from the start and still does. He may well have been LARPING but throw in a mental illness and who knows what could happen. Will his already noted gamer obsession, these books and everyone's remarks about him being a loner it seems that he is very withdrawn from the real world. And the fact the such an epically long series that he has a fascination with has only recently come to an end, could have been a factor also...maybe there's a "misery" kind of element....prob a bit out there, but if the book isn't a big part of this then I'll be shocked..although, wouldn't be the first time I've been shocked with this case lol

That is a very interesting way of putting it.

Crazy fan gets object of affections in a weak moment and holds him captive. "Owns" him.

This guy is nuts, but the chef kit (aka murder kit) tells me he wasn't psychotic or disorganised and impulsive - he was out hunting.

Or, maybe he was truly psychotic, and was acting out his fantasy which went totally to plan.

Thinking out loud here. If he didn't have that particular book in his hands I would definitely say no psychosis...but he does and it seems like it was a blueprint for his Big Night Out.

:twocents:

I think it's interesting DJK is refusing to talk, I really thought he be the type to just spill the lot once in the hands of the police, but he's not. Perhaps he's going to make them work for it and never tell them nor his lawyers a thing. Perhaps he'd prefer to keep the secrets of the 'whys' for himself and we'll never know?

I think it's interesting DJK is refusing to talk, I really thought he be the type to just spill the lot once in the hands of the police, but he's not. Perhaps he's going to make them work for it and never tell them nor his lawyers a thing. Perhaps he'd prefer to keep the secrets of the 'whys' for himself and we'll never know?

Does he have a lawyer yet, or asked for one? If so, he would be advised not to talk with LE, not to talk with family or friends, to only talk with the lawyer about the case. He could have even learned that from t.v. if he does not have a lawyer yet.

Whenever he said he went for sex, I still question if that was real or a lie. (I have no problems with the sex aspect.) Only his lawyer may ever know. Did he tell them then why he killed MH? If so, was it the truth, a lie, or a part of a loner's fantasy?

Wonder what a psych eval would show?

Or it could be that he is so detached from reality that he's not able to interact with them the way they'd like? Or still living in his fantasy and he has deemed that they don't play a part in it so he's ignoring them.

Good to know...

But... It seems to me that someone who murders another with multiple stab wounds is probably not concerned with laws... And that may include the legality of owning a gun...

KWIM...

JMO...

Not so much the legality of owning the gun Clue ... more the fact that they are very difficult to source unless you have some criminal element 'friends' who can source one for you .. from someone who is willing to give one up. (Police do regular dragnet operations among gangs to take their weapons away).

Which is why DJK used a knife, no doubt.

(If you are going to be an honorary Aussie, you'll have to get your head around that one! :) No guns! We don't want them. Oh ... and you'll also have to change your name to Cluesy or Hazza, or something like that. )

Does he have a lawyer yet, or asked for one? If so, he would be advised not to talk with LE, not to talk with family or friends, to only talk with the lawyer about the case. He could have even learned that from t.v. if he does not have a lawyer yet.

Whenever he said he went for sex, I still question if that was real or a lie. (I have no problems with the sex aspect.) Only his lawyer may ever know. Did he tell them then why he killed MH? If so, was it the truth, a lie, or a part of a loner's fantasy?

Wonder what a psych eval would show?

Yes, he has a lawyer. Mentioned in articles immediately following his arrest.

Like Yeawell, I think this guy is just mentally detached from it all. May have gone his whole life detaching himself from things that were difficult for him to mentally cope with, and may have been enabled to do so in his home life.

I think that is the reason he asked to take his book with him when he was arrested .. so he could immerse himself and detach ... again.

Doesn't want to deal with the horror of what he has done.
Doesn't want to deal with the hurt he has caused his family.
Doesn't want to deal with the hurt he has caused Morgan's family.
Doesn't want to deal with the scariness of being behind bars.
Doesn't want to deal with tough police questioning.

So he just doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member