GUILTY Australia - Renea Lau, 32, raped & murdered, Melbourne, 28 June 2014

Yikes.

I'll keep a look out.

What's the bet he's in Adelaide Botanic Gardens as we speak...?

I used to eat my lunch in that rotunda in summer, when I worked for a place adjoining the BG's. It was nice and cool down there, lots of trees around. I'm guessing it'd be quite chilly this time of year, especially at night. Not somewhere that's particularly comfy for a shelter. My thought is, he might have found it a 'safe' place to hide out. Not a lot of competition..

When I was doing my student psychology placement in community mental health, I sat in on a meeting between a client and the psychiatrist. The client had just been released from jail on a Victorian community treatment order. The client was leaving to go interstate and the service couldn't ensure he continued treatment at the other end. They notified the area service in the next state and wrote him a limited script with the idea being he would have to make contact if he wanted his meds. But it's easy to see how people slip through the cracks like that. If he didn't make contact of his own volition, community health probably wouldn't have any contact with him unless he had a mental episode. Iirc, a patient's mental health records can't be accessed outside of the state they originated in. Not without going through a special process anyway. Of course, this may be totally irrelevant.

Wouldn't all this be on their medicare record?

JUNE 30, 2014: Hunt for homeless man Scott Allen Miller suspected of murdering woman near Melbourne’s Botanic Gardens
Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...d+sun_rss&nk=79f0247df30ac40c252f2d3e3cb0fffd
The Herald Sun understands Mr Miller had been sleeping in the Janet Lady Clarke Rotunda located in the Queen Victoria Gardens.

The woman’s body was found 200m from the rotunda, which is monitored by CCTV cameras.

Metres in front of the rotunda, homicide detectives cordoned off a second crime scene and scoured the bush and a lake for anything connected with the woman’s death.

A thin mattress, blankets and black garbage bags filled with item were left abandoned under the rotunda.

Det-Insp Potter told 3AW radio today that items at the crime scene were linked to Mr Miller, and it was “most important that he came forward”.

The victim’s relatives are yet to be notified of her death.

3.30pm news on 3AW radio station. There is a video of
Miller and another man. They were drinking in a hotel until 5.00am when Miller was ejected. Police asking to identify the other man in a suit and carrying a brief case. He is not a suspect in the murder. Video can be seen on 3 AW's web site.
Apparently another video of Miller chasing the victim down the road.

Can someone link to 3AW's web site please?

Add. Just checked out the video. The man is not wearing a suit as stated on the radio.

ky News Australia ‏@SkyNewsAust 5m

#BREAKING: Scott Allen Miller arrested in NSW over death of a woman in Melbourne on Saturday morning. More details coming up (@skidner)

Nine News Melbourne ‏@9NewsMelb 5m

UPDATE: @VictoriaPolice say Scott Miller has been arrested in New South Wales over the death of a woman in Kings Domain

3.30pm news on 3AW radio station. There is a video of
Miller and another man. They were drinking in a hotel until 5.00am when Miller was ejected. Police asking to identify the other man in a suit and carrying a brief case. He is not a suspect in the murder. Video can be seen on 3 AW's web site.
Apparently another video of Miller chasing the victim down the road.

Can someone link to 3AW's web site please?

Add. Just checked out the video. The man is not wearing a suit as stated on the radio.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/breaking-news-blog/police-arrest-homeless-loner/20140630-3b2f3.html

Police arrest homeless 'loner'

Police have arrested a homeless man wanted over the death of a Chinese woman in Melbourne's CBD.

He must have plenty of money. Drinking in a hotel all night plus travelling to Sydney. Wonder how they got him?

Thank god they got him!!!:great:

And how so very awful to read about the woman being chased by him......:facepalm: Horrendous.

I wonder how he got to NSW?

Uggh :facepalm:

“She’s seen to have been chased by a man crossing St Kilda Road and disappearing in the vicinity of the Police Memorial,” Detective Inspector Potter said.

He said the woman had been sexually and physically assaulted.
“This was a particularly violent crime on this woman walking to work,” Detective Inspector Potter said.

"The material we've found does link us to Mr Miller," he said. "This is a particularly violent assault on this woman, she has been sexually assaulted and she has been physically assaulted."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/h...omain-death-20140630-zsqwb.html#ixzz366OkMAST

And here's how they found him, as described by Acting Inspector Clifton Scarlett :

“We received a call earlier today that a male matching this man’s description was sighted about 46km south of Eden,” he said.

“Police were dispatched to that location, but they were unable to locate the male.”

At around 3pm on Monday afternoon two off-duty, uniformed Eden Police officers sighted the suspect asleep on rocks at Snug Cove.

http://www.batemansbaypost.com.au/s...rder-suspect-held-in-eden-video-photos/?cs=12

Sorry, I feel like I'm hogging the thread but I keep finding info and no one else is on here at the moment!:blushing:

Anyway, I just read this:

He said another witness has told police they saw a man and woman on the grass, near where joggers found the victim’s body, about 6.45am.

http://www.batemansbaypost.com.au/s...rder-suspect-held-in-eden-video-photos/?cs=12

That's a long time after being seen at about 5.20am chasing her.....was he lying with her dead body when that latter witness saw them?

And I'm wondering if anyone did anything to help (even calling 000) when they saw her being chased by this guy at 5.20am? I sure hope so, although it sounds like no one did as over an hour later he's laying with her in the park :facepalm:

He seems to be sleeping everywhere. Wonder if he had a sleep next to her after he killed her. He was caught sleeping at 3.00pm on the rocks.

Wonder if he had hitched along the Princes Highway from Melbourne.

One of the guys in Brisbane said he lay down next to his victim so passers by would just think they were making out. Iirc

He seems to be sleeping everywhere. Wonder if he had a sleep next to her after he killed her. He was caught sleeping at 3.00pm on the rocks.

Wonder if he had hitched along the Princes Highway from Melbourne.

One of the guys in Brisbane said he lay down next to his victim so passers by would just think they were making out. Iirc

Yes, unfortunately you do recall correctly, Marg. :facepalm: I don't know if this guy is as calculating as that though - he was seen openly chasing her beforehand.

Good point re him sleeping everywhere.......

https://www.facebook.com/nswpoliceforce/posts/10152283765971185

A 42-year-old man will face Batemans Bay Court tomorrow (Tuesday 1 July 2014) after the death of a woman in Victoria.

About 3.30pm today (Monday 30 June 2014), the 42-year-old was arrested by police on the NSW Far South Coast.

The man was taken to Eden Police Station, where he was charged in relation to an interstate arrest warrant.

Detectives from Victoria, who are investigating the murder of a woman in Melbourne on Saturday 28 June 2014, are expected to apply for his extradition.

Well I'm rather relieved he's been caught. Such a random vicious attack. It's kind of eerie that there is nothing about her identity, but I realise the family may not have been notified yet.

Also saw this article about him -

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/w...in-perths-90s-dance-scene-20140630-zsr27.html

Wow - some interesting history from that article:

The homeless man wanted by Victoria Police in relation to the violent death of a woman in Melbourne's Kings Domain was a key player in Perth’s illegal dance party scene in the 1990s.

Documents obtained by Fairfax Media confirm that Scott Allen Miller, 42, once lived in an affluent suburb and was a director of E-Nerve Pty Ltd, which organised raves in and around Perth.

The American-born Mr Miller was both a director and company secretary of E-Nerve until the company folded in 1996.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/w...dance-scene-20140630-zsr27.html#ixzz36AAB1NRD

It seems bizarre to imagine him in that scene now. What went wrong??:facepalm:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back