GUILTY Australia - Renea Lau, 32, raped & murdered, Melbourne, 28 June 2014

One more photo.

Where Renea was found in the park :facepalm:

637192-23d5748c-00e3-11e4-8611-f1c2246e8a9e.jpg

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...victim-renea-lau/story-fni0fee2-1226974637246

Maybe in more than one place? :(

I hope he rots.

bbm

Sadly, my thoughts exactly Ausgirl. I didn't know how to word it in a tactful way though :facepalm:. You've said it well.

It's truly horrific to even ponder. I feel so terrible that she went through this.

Again, I'm so sorry Renea.

Thanks for posting Renae's pictures Isis. I saw reports on her in The Age last night but it said she hadn't been formally identified so I didn't know if it was appropriate to post it.

I just feel so sad to think what Renae endured. She was just on her way to work. It's not an area I would consider unsafe. She truly was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He looks like a creep :(

Maybe in more than one place? :(

I hope he rots.

Never thought of that..... MOO...if you have a psychosis after taking drugs you are still guilty because you made the decision to take the drugs. in this day and age we know what they do to the mind.

He is despicable. There is no difference between him and Adrian Baily JMOO

I'm not sure about the drug-induced psychosis argument. He was apparently clear thinking enough to know he had to vamoose out of Victoria quick smart, straight after it happened........

He's obviously got mental illness issues - and they probably are drug induced - but I hope that's not going to get him out of receiving anything he deserves!!!:banghead:

I was just typing a post on this and deleted it because I couldn't decide. Wonder what his past form is? If he has a history of getting high and hurting people, I say no leniency. He's old enough to have got treatment for his problems and if he can't or won't then he is clearly a dangerous person, regardless of whether it's mental or drugs. I hope they are very careful to distinguish between a drug induced 'frenzy' and true psychosis. Just because he was off his face doesn't mean he wasn't aware it was a horrid thing to do. It isn't enough to say "I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself".

I was just typing a post on this and deleted it because I couldn't decide. Wonder what his past form is? If he has a history of getting high and hurting people, I say no leniency. He's old enough to have got treatment for his problems and if he can't or won't then he is clearly a dangerous person, regardless of whether it's mental or drugs. I hope they are very careful to distinguish between a drug induced 'frenzy' and true psychosis. Just because he was off his face doesn't mean he wasn't aware it was a horrid thing to do. It isn't enough to say "I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself".

I actually deleted the post that you're referring to because I wasn't sure if I'd expressed myself correctly.I guess it stands now, though!:floorlaugh:

I was just reading "Mindhunter" by John Douglas (Arrow: 1995). Douglas started the FBI criminal profiling unit for serial killers and I felt that this quote was pertinent in this case:

"The mere fact that someone acts like a maniac does not necessarily mean he doesn't know exactly what he's doing."

For Miller to take off like he did suggests to me that he was not in the midst of a psychotic break - he knew that he needed to get out of there because of what he'd done. He understood there would be negative consequences for him if he stayed, suggesting he could therefore distinguish between 'right' and 'wrong'. There goes the insanity defense.

I'd say he was definitely in a frenzy, but that doesn't equal psychosis.

JMO :seeya:

I guess Melburnians can confirm this.....but The Carlton Hotel where Miller was drinking hardly looks like the kind of bar that homeless people frequent. Looks up-market. Is that the case?

http://www.thecarlton.com.au/

I guess Melburnians can confirm this.....but The Carlton Hotel where Miller was drinking hardly looks like the kind of bar that homeless people frequent. Looks up-market. Is that the case?

http://www.thecarlton.com.au/

I don't know it Isis, but looking at the website I'd guess it's aimed around the 30 something crowd and not particularly uppity. More quirky hipsterish than posh. I think he'd get a few odd looks but that's it.

From the Northern Territory News:

A MURDER suspect at the centre of a manhunt in Melbourne and NSW was a talented didgeridoo-maker in the Territory for several years and was in Darwin weeks ago.

......It is understood he lived in Darwin for up to six years: in a disused oil storage tank at Doctors Gully; in a tree house under a lookout platform on The Esplanade; and in One Mile Dam community at Dinah Beach.

......[Janice Mitchell] said Millar once lived at her house, in his bus.The news of the alleged murder saddened her.

“I wouldn’t have seen it coming, but he had episodes of being a bit erratic,” she said. “Something must have gone wrong. I don’t know what he was doing down in Melbourne.”

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/north...n-murder-manhunt/story-fnk0b1zt-1226973306395

On the news last night (can't remember channel) they were showing Renae's memorial, and interviewing people paying their respects. One of the people who spoke was a guy I used to work with. So that was nice.

Rest in peace Renea.

Such a horrific senseless crime. The fear she must have felt.. Poor poor woman. Brings tears to my eyes.

Has there been much in the news really about this? I've been keeping an eye out when coming up for breath from the Baden-Clay trial but haven't seen a whole lot? I feel like there should be more outrage.

JULY 04, 2014: Family of Botanic Gardens murder victim Renea Lau thankful for community support
Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...978041468?nk=9e5351cdb995a291ebe900d19d89f212
THE family of a young pastry chef murdered near Melbourne’s Botanic Gardens has thanked the community for its outpouring of grief and support.

In a statement released through Victoria Police, Renea Lau’s family said they were going through a hard time as they try to come to terms with the loss of their daughter and sister.

“We are thankful for the media’s concern and the community’s support in relation to the death of Renea,” they said.

“Our family especially thanks and appreciates the effort of Victoria Police on their efficient investigation.

“In the meantime we need some time and ask for privacy as we go through such a hard time in our family.

July 3, 2014: Accused murderer seemed like 'average Aussie bloke'
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/national/a...like-average-aussie-bloke-20140703-zsux9.html
A stranger who took pity on Scott Allen Miller hours before he allegedly raped and murdered a Chinese woman says he did not appear to be a vagrant as he mingled with a group of revellers at a trendy Melbourne hotel.

He said he bought Mr Miller a beer after a chance meeting in the city. Mr Miller had begun to chat with patrons at a bar, but after about an hour the conversation took a turn that started to make the man uncomfortable. “He kept milling around, but at that stage I started to be a bit weirded out," he said.

July 5, 2014: Melburnians who crossed paths with man accused of Domain killing
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...ain-killing-20140704-zswot.html#ixzz36ZWOdiK9
Two young women in their early 20s on a holiday to the NSW south coast, picked Mr Miller up near Warragul and unwittingly helped him escape, while a white-collar worker on a night-out shared a drink with him just hours before Ms Lau lost her life.

The young women spotted Mr Miller sheltering from the rain under an underpass last Sunday morning and took pity on him. It was a day after a jogger found Ms Lau's body in the Kings Domain.

"At the time we thought he was just a bit of a free soul who doesn't fit into society," one of the young women said. "He wasn't threatening, he seemed genuine and nice."

He introduced himself as Scott from Western Australia and told them he wanted to go north.

"He said, 'I just decided to get away from Melbourne. Maybe I'll go to Byron Bay'," one of the women said. "I didn't think he was homeless, he just seemed like he did what he liked to do, that it was a lifestyle choice that he liked to live and be free and not be locked down to anything."

Those two women will never offer a lift to anyone again. If he had been a serial killer there could have been another two murders. I get shivers just thinking about it. How lucky were they? JMOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back