Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #7

The court was told about 100 witnesses could be called to give evidence in the trial, including Mr Lynn's wife Melanie, family members of the deceased, scientists, fellow campers and police.

It is reported in the DT that Lynn was writing in a yellow notepad.

Defence lawyers have been known to advise that the accused take notes (or otherwise write) to (a) keep the awake, and (b) keep them from doing other things considered unhelpful to their case -- such as giving stink-eye to witnesses and/or the jury.

I think it will all be down to exactly what hard evidence the police have on him as to whether he's eventually convicted of either manslaughter or murder, or both!
GL has certainly shown 'rat cunning' (changing car colour, disposal of bodies etc) so it will be interesting to see what's comes out in court.

All my own opinion
Regardless of his story (or his lawyer's strategy), LE found the remains. Did someone just happen to dig into that burned out stump area and find teeth - just after Jetboy had been arrested? Your honour, that was a complete coincidence!

I've always wondered whether gps data may have come from his electronics...otherwise, hard to describe how to get there...or did he take LE there himself...?

JMO

Regardless of his story (or his lawyer's strategy), LE found the remains. Did someone just happen to dig into that burned out stump area and find teeth - just after Jetboy had been arrested? Your honour, that was a complete coincidence!

I've always wondered whether gps data may have come from his electronics...otherwise, hard to describe how to get there...or did he take LE there himself...?

JMO

RBBM

Per my below-linked article:

1. The remains of Hill and Clay were uncovered in bushland not far from their campsite only days after Lynn was arrested in November 2021. Police allege they were dumped there by Lynn, who returned twice to the crime scene.

JMVHO

Guardian Article

Is this maybe what you are recalling?

A hotel room in the region was said to be left with numerous bloodstains after the incident, according to the officer’s statement, all of which were cleaned apart from a possible stain on a bathmat.

Yes, thank you. It seems such an oddity, perhaps it's an unidentified, post wash stain on the bathmat, rather than the definite DNA matched stain that I had remembered. I'm really looking forward to hearing some facts about this case. I think the police might have been really clever solving this

Yes, thank you. It seems such an oddity, perhaps it's an unidentified, post wash stain on the bathmat, rather than the definite DNA matched stain that I had remembered. I'm really looking forward to hearing some facts about this case. I think the police might have been really clever solving this

I think the blood stain was described as a 50/50 match with Russell's DNA. Not conclusive.

While Mr Hill's DNA was 'likely' found on the mat, none of Ms Clay's was located, documents state.
The documents stated it was equally possible Mr Hill's blood was not on the mat.
'The DNA evidence is equally likely under both propositions,' the documents stated.

The jury in the high-profile murder trial of Greg Lynn, the former Jetstar pilot accused of killing two campers in Victoria's High Country, has been discharged moments before opening arguments were due to get underway.

"It's unfortunate you're only going to be here for a short time," Justice Croucher told the jurors on Friday.
"It's my melancholy duty to explain to you that you have now been discharged as a jury.

"I'm not going on to go into the details now, I don't want to embarrass anyone ... it's just technical reasons."

"It's unfortunate you're only going to be here for a short time," Justice Croucher told the jurors on Friday.
"It's my melancholy duty to explain to you that you have now been discharged as a jury.

"I'm not going on to go into the details now, I don't want to embarrass anyone ... it's just technical reasons."

He probably wouldn't mind embarrassing the press ... so it could be someone relevant to the case who stuffed up.

Apparently, a whole jury can be discharged for a variety of reasons. But it is all about a fair trial for GL.

Written by a Vic legal firm:
The test for the discharge of a jury is one of necessity or a high degree of need.

There are many examples of when discharge might occur, for example a Prosecutor talking to a jury member or Jurors undertaking their own investigations or not following directions of the Judge.

We have handled hundreds of criminal trials and there have been many discharged juries. It is a necessary application to make to protect the interests of our clients.

It all comes back to the need to provide a fair trial to the accused.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018
Back