Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Tiddahmj!

:welcome:

And thank you for what you've said.

That's what I've also heard recently......that we've all been looking at this case the wrong way round in assuming Sam owed RB $$ and assuming that RB was the higher-up figure in this scenario.......

Pure speculation of course and MOO.
Is anyone developing the theory that Sam was in the business of lending money? That the watches and so on were pawn pledges?

Is anyone developing the theory that Sam was in the business of lending money? That the watches and so on were pawn pledges?

I think someone posted on an earlier thread that Sam always liked watches and liked collecting them. That he was a collector, much like some people like to collect handbags.

I think he just liked swanky things. Pricey car, shoes, hats etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Photo on his fb page shows him in Italy with Gucci shopping bags. I would be inclined to think IMO that he bought them.

Not me JLZ, I think Sam was a nice guy mixed up with/or came across bad eggs. I believe Sam had a lot of cash or product (pot only) on him that day and was lured to RB'S where it was taken from him against his will. Just my opinion. I trust Sam has a nice farewell tomorrow and blessings to his family and friends. I won't be surprised at all if omg's have had some influence here. I believe also that others were fully aware of what was going on but (out of respect and tos) I'll not speculate here. RIP Sam all just my opinion

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

OK, I'm just trying to tease out what some people meant by saying we had things the wrong way around thinking Sam was in debt.

Not me JLZ, I think Sam was a nice guy mixed up with/or came across bad eggs. I believe Sam had a lot of cash or product (pot only) on him that day and was lured to RB'S where it was taken from him against his will. Just my opinion. I trust Sam has a nice farewell tomorrow and blessings to his family and friends. I won't be surprised at all if omg's have had some influence here. I believe also that others were fully aware of what was going on but (out of respect and tos) I'll not speculate here. RIP Sam all just my opinion

Thankyou for your thoughts Seek. I agree, and LE stated about Sam with "unsavory characters", so there is that. I also agree to Sam being lured to RB's as well. Your thought on what happened is kind of what i said earlier about RB & AD ripping Sam off and killing him.
And i'm sure Sam's funeral will be a big one, and good to know his family have lots of love and support as Sam's dad stated at the press conference.

OK, I'm just trying to tease out what some people meant by saying we had things the wrong way around thinking Sam was in debt.
Imo Sam was not in debt financially to anyone. Maybe die ball liked cocaine and other drugs that are readily available whilst fighting the good fight off shore. Jmo. AD seems to be a man who needs a gang around him. Maybe RB has gang mentality also. I think LE have lots to look at and unfortunately a new Sam is already making the biggest mistake of their lives. All my guess only.

Thanks for your fair and rational opinion, Seek. I tend to agree with a lot of what you say. I grew up in a small town, and I know how the rumour mill goes. It will start with some truth, then grows and grows, until the story is huge.

I keep remembering Sam's musings on his FB page at one time, about how people were liking him for what he had, not who he was. He sounded quite low and wistful about it.

I can't imagine why Sam went to Boscaino's house that day. If he owed money and was avoiding paying, I would think that they would have come to him. If he was supplying something, then maybe he would go to them, if he wanted to keep a good image at his place.

And if Sam was their regular supplier of something addictive, why on earth would they murder him and potentially cut off their supply? Or at least make it more difficult to obtain what they needed. I always remember a med person saying that an addict is always thinking about their next fix, even when they are currently 'okay' ... where will the next hit come from, how they will pay for it, when will they be able to get it?

Thanks for your fair and rational opinion, Seek. I tend to agree with a lot of what you say. I grew up in a small town, and I know how the rumour mill goes. It will start with some truth, then grows and grows, until the story is huge.

I keep remembering Sam's musings on his FB page at one time, about how people were liking him for what he had, not who he was. He sounded quite low and wistful about it.

I can't imagine why Sam went to Boscaino's house that day. If he owed money and was avoiding paying, I would think that they would have come to him. If he was supplying something, then maybe he would go to them, if he wanted to keep a good image at his place.

And if Sam was their regular supplier of something addictive, why on earth would they murder him and potentially cut off their supply? Or at least make it more difficult to obtain what they needed. I always remember a med person saying that an addict is always thinking about their next fix, even when they are currently 'okay' ... where will the next hit come from, how they will pay for it, when will they be able to get it?
What if ST was supplying to others usually supplied by the accused? The accused might take it upon themselves to stop this. Imo

I think what might be meant there is maybe we were looking at it from the wrong angle. For example, something possibly like:

Pretty early on, there seemed to be theories emerging around RB being the bigger fish here, with ST perhaps owing him money, if ST was a lower level seller. That perhaps ST's death was around non payment of a debt he owed as a result of being mixed up in drugs. There was also some speculation around if his having an expensive car etc drew the ire of people he owed money to.

There was also theories around if bikies/mafia were involved. I can see how this would be a popular theory. I recently spent some time reading the CCC Illicit drugs intel report from 2016 and it discusses organized crime being entrenched in the drug market in Qld, especially ice and a couple of other drugs. So, whilst I think somewhere in this food chain there is organized crime, I don't necessarily think it's at the AD/RB/ST level.

It's my theory ST was a drug dealer. At first I was leaning toward ice, given the apparent violence involved in ST's assault and some local knowledge posts. However, I also recall people posting RB was a long term, heavy duty coke user. It's noted that where there is prolonged/chronic use or a huge binge, coke can make people very prone to extreme aggression. Regarding AD's drug connection, I don't know if he has PTSD, but for mine, it's not unreasonable to think that a person who had had his experiences may be self medicating with drugs.

Another reason I'm leaning toward ST being the dealer here and not RB is the type of lifestyles. If RB is a drug dealer at a level where ST is owing a lot of money, what has RB got to show for it? Comments/observations on this thread from locals etc seem to indicate his ute didn't move much and he didn't seem to be doing too much in the way of work: reasonably unmotivated. His ute looks pretty old. He lives in his folks house, and it's not very swish or even has well kept gardens for a garden guy! If he's rolling in cash as a dealer: where is it? If he was using everything he earned selling, it's hard to think he can be a drug king pin if he's such a heavy user? Conversely, look at ST. No discernible source of income and even when seemingly employed, it wasn't in a high paid industry. He has an expensive car which appears unencumbered, he lives in a reasonably expensive apartment, he has expensive clothes/shoes/accessories and a reasonably recent overseas trip. To me, that seems to fit more along the lines of an expensive lifestyle on an income that doesn't quite match up. As for having to show an income to rent, a way around that would be to claim you are self employed and pay a lot of rent up front.

Going forward on the theory ST was a drug dealer, when considering the sloppy nature of at least the post murder situation, this seems like a case of drug users killing their drug dealer. A quick google search will show any number of cases where ice etc dealers are killed by their customers, brutally, for money or drugs. I think if it was management sorting out someone who owed them money, it would be a lot less sloppy than this.

Something that always bothered me was that if AD had the sort of planning skills and cool temperament under pressure to get to and through Syria and all that entailed, I could not work out how this turned into such a litany of disasters post murder. Though if they were heavily drug affected, the situation was probably a mess because they were.

There has been a lot of speculation regarding what ST did in between his last sighting driving and arriving at RB's. I recall on an early MSM article or QPS FB post about ST, a woman was adamant she saw ST's car really frequently, like every or most afternoons up Strathpine/Caboolture way. I wondered if ST had a job up that way, but maybe it was that his supplier was up there and that's where he was for the missing time that day? It about fits time wise.

Perhaps AD and RB arranged to meet him after for a large buy that they did not have money for or they knew it was pick up day and opportunisticly hoped to rob ST of his supply. Perhaps ST was dropping off money and they hoped to just rob him of that.

The robbery last year never seemed to gel for me. There just seemed something not quite right. I wonder if perhaps other things, that didn't get reported, like drugs or money, got stolen that night as well. The T family seemed to move from the house reasonably soon after. It made me wonder if ST used to sell from home, but after that, moved to more secured accommodation and only did out calls? This may account for why ST was at RB's? For a drop off he may have done regularly and not felt any apprehension about.

If ST was selling drugs, I'm not judging. Doesn't mean he deserved to die. If AD and RB were off their heads, I'm not endorsing their behaviour, either.

Maybe it is some super complex web of crime. But maybe the simple solution is it: a drug dealer, violently killed by two drug addicts off their heads?

What a sad sad end for three young men who seemingly all come from lovely families.

Everything above is a theory, JMO, IMO, MOO every disclaimer possible being added here.

What if ST was supplying to others usually supplied by the accused? The accused might take it upon themselves to stop this. Imo

So you think maybe territorial??

I think what might be meant there is maybe we were looking at it from the wrong angle. For example, something possibly like:

Pretty early on, there seemed to be theories emerging around RB being the bigger fish here, with ST perhaps owing him money, if ST was a lower level seller. That perhaps ST's death was around non payment of a debt he owed as a result of being mixed up in drugs. There was also some speculation around if his having an expensive car etc drew the ire of people he owed money to.

There was also theories around if bikies/mafia were involved. I can see how this would be a popular theory. I recently spent some time reading the CCC Illicit drugs intel report from 2016 and it discusses organized crime being entrenched in the drug market in Qld, especially ice and a couple of other drugs. So, whilst I think somewhere in this food chain there is organized crime, I don't necessarily think it's at the AD/RB/ST level.

It's my theory ST was a drug dealer. At first I was leaning toward ice, given the apparent violence involved in ST's assault and some local knowledge posts. However, I also recall people posting RB was a long term, heavy duty coke user. It's noted that where there is prolonged/chronic use or a huge binge, coke can make people very prone to extreme aggression. Regarding AD's drug connection, I don't know if he has PTSD, but for mine, it's not unreasonable to think that a person who had had his experiences may be self medicating with drugs.

Another reason I'm leaning toward ST being the dealer here and not RB is the type of lifestyles. If RB is a drug dealer at a level where ST is owing a lot of money, what has RB got to show for it? Comments/observations on this thread from locals etc seem to indicate his ute didn't move much and he didn't seem to be doing too much in the way of work: reasonably unmotivated. His ute looks pretty old. He lives in his folks house, and it's not very swish or even has well kept gardens for a garden guy! If he's rolling in cash as a dealer: where is it? If he was using everything he earned selling, it's hard to think he can be a drug king pin if he's such a heavy user? Conversely, look at ST. No discernible source of income and even when seemingly employed, it wasn't in a high paid industry. He has an expensive car which appears unencumbered, he lives in a reasonably expensive apartment, he has expensive clothes/shoes/accessories and a reasonably recent overseas trip. To me, that seems to fit more along the lines of an expensive lifestyle on an income that doesn't quite match up. As for having to show an income to rent, a way around that would be to claim you are self employed and pay a lot of rent up front.

Going forward on the theory ST was a drug dealer, when considering the sloppy nature of at least the post murder situation, this seems like a case of drug users killing their drug dealer. A quick google search will show any number of cases where ice etc dealers are killed by their customers, brutally, for money or drugs. I think if it was management sorting out someone who owed them money, it would be a lot less sloppy than this.

Something that always bothered me was that if AD had the sort of planning skills and cool temperament under pressure to get to and through Syria and all that entailed, I could not work out how this turned into such a litany of disasters post murder. Though if they were heavily drug affected, the situation was probably a mess because they were.

There has been a lot of speculation regarding what ST did in between his last sighting driving and arriving at RB's. I recall on an early MSM article or QPS FB post about ST, a woman was adamant she saw ST's car really frequently, like every or most afternoons up Strathpine/Caboolture way. I wondered if ST had a job up that way, but maybe it was that his supplier was up there and that's where he was for the missing time that day? It about fits time wise.

Perhaps AD and RB arranged to meet him after for a large buy that they did not have money for or they knew it was pick up day and opportunisticly hoped to rob ST of his supply. Perhaps ST was dropping off money and they hoped to just rob him of that.

The robbery last year never seemed to gel for me. There just seemed something not quite right. I wonder if perhaps other things, that didn't get reported, like drugs or money, got stolen that night as well. The T family seemed to move from the house reasonably soon after. It made me wonder if ST used to sell from home, but after that, moved to more secured accommodation and only did out calls? This may account for why ST was at RB's? For a drop off he may have done regularly and not felt any apprehension about.

If ST was selling drugs, I'm not judging. Doesn't mean he deserved to die. If AD and RB were off their heads, I'm not endorsing their behaviour, either.

Maybe it is some super complex web of crime. But maybe the simple solution is it: a drug dealer, violently killed by two drug addicts off their heads?

What a sad sad end for three young men who seemingly all come from lovely families.

Everything above is a theory, JMO, IMO, MOO every disclaimer possible being added here.

Good post. I'll be surprised if mc gang/s aren't involved here also at dballs end. AD is a wannabe and has killed for pleasure off shore imo

Good post. I'll be surprised if mc gang/s aren't involved here also at dballs end. AD is a wannabe and has killed for pleasure off shore imo

For some reason I cannot explain, I do believe AD went to Syria for the right reasons/With good intentions.

As for bikies, yes maybe involved somewhere. I think though, when a local posted about AD blabbing what they'd been doing/buying, AD alluded it was gang related, but this could just be him trying to point the finger at others?

I can see the appeal of a gang though: it offers a sense of belonging, just like the military, which it's been stated by locals was a goal/dream of AD's.

So you think maybe territorial??
Yes, would you rather do business with a nice (unintimidating) guy or an intimidating ****/s? I think ST was successful at what he was doing and others had to shut it down. Moo

Another reason I'm leaning toward ST being the dealer here and not RB is the type of lifestyles. If RB is a drug dealer at a level where ST is owing a lot of money, what has RB got to show for it?

RSBM

It could also be that they both were dealing. Sam at a greater, more profitable level, and maybe not using himself, so he would have been seeing good profits and enjoying trips away, etc.

Boscaino could have been dealing at a lower level. Smaller amounts, pretty good volume, enough to keep himself supplied in the drug of his choice ... but no real profit to spend on material things or trips away.

Yes, would you rather do business with a nice (unintimidating) guy or an intimidating ****/s? I think ST was successful at what he was doing and others had to shut it down. Moo

It could be, too, that they just wanted all of Sam's business. They may not have been overlapping at all in their territories. But perhaps Dyball and Boscaino decided they wanted to take Sam's territory/customers, too, as his seemed to show greater profit.

A well known OMG clubhouse is in Albion so bikie involvement is plausible. Jmo

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RSBM

It could also be that they both were dealing. Sam at a greater, more profitable level, and maybe not using himself, so he would have been seeing good profits and enjoying trips away, etc.

Boscaino could have been dealing at a lower level. Smaller amounts, pretty good volume, enough to keep himself supplied in the drug of his choice ... but no real profit to spend on material things or trips away.

Yes I wondered things like that too. Like if he say, used ice or coke but sold pot etc. Locals did say he'd been selling for a while: years. So maybe he sold small time or maybe his selling dropped off success wise, as his use escalated. I think ST looks a lot thinner in recent photos. Maybe from stress or maybe from drugs: unsure.

For some reason I cannot explain, I do believe AD went to Syria for the right reasons/With good intentions.

As for bikies, yes maybe involved somewhere. I think though, when a local posted about AD blabbing what they'd been doing/buying, AD alluded it was gang related, but this could just be him trying to point the finger at others?

I can see the appeal of a gang though: it offers a sense of belonging, just like the military, which it's been stated by locals was a goal/dream of AD's.

Yes, though my first thought with this is .... not good to be blabbing if you are involving yourself with a bikie gang. Goes strictly against their code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500