GUILTY Australia - Sarah Cafferkey, 22, Melbourne, 9th Nov 2012, #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a dumb question, but why is the pic of Sarah's car showing it on the back of a tow truck? (unless it's the only photo available).

Says on FB it's a "recent" photo - it may be the only one they have showing that rear plate? Wonder if it broke down and someone stopped to "help"? :banghead:

I have that exact age/model/colour Astra. :(

...WTH is going ON with Melbourne this year?

So many missing/abducted/murdered/attacked/raped... that's not the city I know. It's like it's all escalating..

Anyhow, I do hope Sarah comes home safe.

I'd be looking at that angry, foulmouthed ex-bf first thing. He spits the dummy at her like that, and then she vanishes? Pretty thick coincidence.

Who knows - maybe she's just in hiding, from a threat.. cross fingers she comes home to her family and friends really soon.

I find it very unusual that no further information has been released as to where Sarah went to on the Friday night with friends, if she did in fact go out with friends. In the Jill Meagher case, the public were told about the places Jill had been on the night she went missing. Shop owners in the area were alerted and checked their CCTV footage and we all know the outcome of that. Bloody fantastic in that her murderer was caught.

In Sarah's case the Police are appealing to the public for information but what has been mentioned to date in MSM is rather confusing. Did Sarah go to a pub, a club, a friend's house or whatever on the Friday night? Why doesn't anyone know what she was wearing when she was last seen? I think there is a lot more to this and the Police are playing their cards close to their chest right now.

I am with you thinking there is something not quite right about this. I suspect she said she was going out with friends and maybe also mentioned her plans to go visiting the following afternoon, and whoever she told didn't ask who/when/where etc or she maybe she sidestepped the question and gave a vague reply. eg friends from work or uni. Everything is so vague, there must be more to this.

And that FB post is still niggling me.

:moo:

Thanks guys. I saw the high school but was thinking that there was more saying he was living there now, which may give a clue as to where the car was seen. Mind you, if they are petrol heads they could be driving around anywhere, not purely functional journeys like the sane members of the population ;)

I still think the single post being left on her FB is a bit odd - it looks deliberate.

BBM She could have her facebook on private, but not her pictures, the only thing that is showing up when I look at her page is pictures, and those comments are on a picture so if you're not friends with her that is all you would see, hope I explained myself properly lol

I don't know why, but I just feel that the guy who made those rude comments on her FB has nothing to do with her disappearance. However, I do agree that the guy should be checked out by LE just to be sure. I think he is just peeved that they have broken up or whatnot and resorted to childish name calling and bullying to prove his point. People my age still do the same BS on Facebook and I'm in my late 20's lol. It's just immaturity. Sarah is absolutely gorgeous though, maybe too gorgeous, she surely seems like the type that could attract lots of men, maybe some with bad intentions. I hope she is found safe.

I dunno, that guy that made those comments on her FB is making very little sense. Almost sounds psychotic, like word salad psychotic.

Such a beautiful girl! Sure hope she's just hanging out and oblivious that everyone is looking for her. I pray she's found safe!!

On the FB pages set up to help find Sarah, the admin/s sure don't seem interested in answering people's questions about where she was actually last seen and what date. I just don't understand. We need more information.

I'm just thinking about the car and wondering what time on Friday they saw it, because that was the day her family last saw her. If it was during the day it might have been before she went missing. That family FB page is a bit confusing as is the quote below.
Have the friends disappeared too, or living in a vacuum?

15 Nov 2012 8.29pm
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...out-with-friends/story-e6frf7kx-1226516991367

Apparently this has not been confirmed. Marlywings said to go by the 9th as that is what is in the police report. Yet I keep reading on the FB pages that she was seen on the 10th. BUT they will not specify where, and no one has any idea what she was wearing. Sorry but WTH???????

She looks like such a sweetheart! I hope she is found soon, her mother must be so worried.

I wonder if there's a reason no information has been released about her actual disappearance, why we're only getting reports like 'MAY have gone out with friends on Friday night', and 'MAY have visited a friend Saturday afternoon'. Are her friends not helping her family or LE in finding her? If so, there must be a reason... possibly they were involved in her disappearance (or know what happened), or they know she was planning on leaving (for whatever reason) and didn't want to be found.

It's not a good sign that her phone/bank accounts have not been used since, or that her darling puppy was left at home by himself, so I'm not really leaning towards her vanishing of her own free will. I really hope this beautiful girl is found soon.

There is an updated report. (I struggle with the time zones - it was released a couple of hours ago at 10:23am while here it was still yesterday! It's like a mad time machine)

So they are looking at the FB comments
A Victoria Police spokeswoman told ninemsn police were focusing their inquiry on Facebook but could not confirm details of the investigation.
Ms Cafferkey's mother Noelle Dickson said police were also looking at offensive comments posted on Ms Cafferkey's personal Facebook page from a man claiming to be her ex-boyfriend.
"The police are looking into it, they're aware of everything," she said this morning.

The family haven't spoken to the right friends yet<BBM>
Police believe she may have gone out with friends on Friday night but she has not made any contact with her family since.

Friends who have been contacted by her family were unaware of her whereabouts.
She has also not been to her part-time job at a hotel in Melton.

And the press can read FB, but we're not sure whether the police have!
On a Facebook page set up to help find Ms Cafferkey a man posted comments claiming that he had seen her missing car parked near Ballan.
&#8220;We seen that car on Friday. On the back road to Ballan an (sic) it had pink [wheel] on the back. It was parked with no one in it,&#8221; Nathan McNaughton commented.
He was urged by several others on the page to contact police, but it was not clear if he had done so.

All that and not a lot more to be found here

And now, not surprisingly, the thread from the charm school boy has gone from her FB page. Removed to stop further speculation? Or because it is being used as evidence? Or maybe the police got tired of helpful people calling it in :)

P.S. It is highly likely that screen shots were taken of that page, so the information it contained may well still be accessible within the WS community.

And now, not surprisingly, the thread from the charm school boy has gone from her FB page. Removed to stop further speculation? Or because it is being used as evidence? Or maybe the police got tired of helpful people calling it in :)

P.S. It is highly likely that screen shots were taken of that page, so the information it contained may well still be accessible within the WS community.

Was wondering that too, my feeling is the guy that wrote them took them down. Had it been police/her family I think they would have removed her comments as well.

I've just read another post from the charmer, posted on 28 October this year. It was posted on the site I referred to in my previous message and although not directed at Sarah personally, it was a full on rant about cheating girlfriends and what should be done to them. This included extreme violence and mutilation. Before I could grab a screencap of this post it had disappeared!

I've just read another post from the charmer, posted on 28 October this year. It was posted on the site I referred to in my previous message and although not directed at Sarah personally, it was a full on rant about cheating girlfriends and what should be done to them. This included extreme violence and mutilation. Before I could grab a screencap of this post it had disappeared!

Oh dear :frown:

Irish newspaper The Journal also reported on the disappearance as Ms Cafferkey has family from the country.

The newspaper said her grandfather was from Achill Island in County Mayo, a four-hour drive from Dublin.

Ms Cafferkey is described as Caucasian with a fair complexion, 168cm tall, thin build, black shoulder length straight hair with green eyes.

Can you help? Anyone with information about Sarah, or her car, is urged to phone 000

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...out-with-friends/story-e6frg6n6-1226516991367

A 22-YEAR-OLD woman with Irish family connections has gone missing in Melbourne, Australia.

Sarah Cafferkey, whose grandfather is from Achill Island, Co Mayo, was last seen by her family at home on Ross Street, Bacchus Marsh on Friday, November 9.

It is not known what she was last seen wearing

http://www.thejournal.ie/sarah-caff...and-co-mayo-missing-melbourne-674037-Nov2012/

According to the latest MSM posts on twitter Sarah's car has been found.

Prime7 Twitter Account:

Missing Bacchus Marsh 22yo Sarah Cafferkey&#8217;s car has been found parked in Maribyrnong

Dean Felton Account: (Channel 7)

Police find car of missing Bacchus Marsh woman Sarah #Cafferkey in Melbourne. No sign of violence. Details #7NewsMelb 6pm

Links:
https://twitter.com/PRIME7SWVic
https://twitter.com/DeanFelton7

Update: according to the 3AW account it's been found on a "suburban street in Maribyrnong"

https://twitter.com/3AW693

Looks like he copped an earful from many other posters, the twerp. Really, how could anyone be that daft in the midst of all the concerned comments? Just the stupidity of it makes me think he probably isn't involved - but I hope he still gets hauled in for questioning and a bit of a scare anyway.

:moo:

More on the development with the car:

THE car belonging to a missing Bacchus Marsh woman who vanished from her home last week has been found after a tip-off from the public, police said today.

This latest development comes as police continue the search for the missing woman, Sarah Cafferkey, 22, who has a rare medical condition.

The silver 2001 Astra sedan was found in Owen Street, Maribyrnong, last night.

http://www.maribyrnongweekly.com.au...arsh-womans-car-found-in-maribyrnong/?cs=1468

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member