GUILTY Australia - Sarah Cafferkey, 22, Melbourne, 9th Nov 2012, #2

Sarah Cafferkey: the girl you never had a chance to know

by: Michelle Ainsworth From: Sunday Herald Sun November 25, 2012 12:00AM

441202-sprocket.jpg

SHE loved anything pink, fluffy and sparkly but most all she loved her black labrador Sprocket. Sprocket has been waiting for her to come home. But her mistress hasn't returned to snuggle under the doona after one of her part-time pub shifts or take her pet for a run around their favourite track, an oval near their Bacchus Marsh home.

From early on Sarah had an independent streak. Even as a primary school kid, she'd tie her own shoelaces and make her own lunch. But lately Sarah was really growing up. Last year she split with the high-school sweetheart she'd dated since she was about 15, and began exploring other friendships.

Her first love still hoped on some level they'd reconnect. He wrote a poignant message to his "bu bu" on her Facebook page last week.

One friend reminisced about carefree high school days and "the girl who would pick herself up every single time she fell down".

"She is irreplaceable. Unique. Beautiful in every way. Loyal," the post reads.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/sa...a-chance-to-know/story-e6frf7jo-1226523439335

I recall in msm someone saying: "she liked to see the good in people". Allegedly Nicole Patterson, the psychotherapist murdered by a serial killer liked to see the 'good' in people too. Psychopaths/sociopaths can play on this and use it to their own advantage. IMO this is a flaw if it denies that people also have 'bad' in them and can do things to harm others. To see both 'good' and 'bad' is an important survival skill and a means to assessing when others do harm to people in the home (i.e. family/women/children/adolescents) in the workplace (i.e. colleagues, peers, managers/supervisors) through malicious rumour within communities of people, in addition to overt violence and aggressive acts in civil society. We would better equip our young people to see both the good and bad in other people to get a a real world grip of their suitability for friendship etc. There is a book highly recommended reading: The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker (1997). My opinion only.

Hi new am I been reading for a while AB was living in Wyndham, until maybe march, April before he move to coburg, <modsnip>. Wyndham is the areas in question re sh, plus I think they together in Ararat
:banghead:

those things dumped out the front could have been for the coucils hard rubbish collection, some councils have a set day goods must be out by, others have a at call hard rubbish pick up. They could also have been dumped by someone who has moved out.

Hello all!
New to the forum and would love to contribute where possible! You guys are tremendous at what you do! :)
I actually lived in a house backing onto the blocks of flats in hawthorn east as it is known up til ten months ago. From my experience there tended to be either middle aged men living alone or older ladies. Rarely any trouble, the odd resident playing his pink Floyd lp's a little too loud but that was all really. It was a lovely area (very expensive real estate with the exception of the flats) occupied by older people with lovely cottage gardens or young exec couples needing quick access to the city. Unfortunately just prior to us moving out we had a spate of car thefts and vehicles being broken into which soured the neighbourhood all round sadly. There is an aged care facility at the end of Munro st and I believe there was a facility for intellectually disabled people round the same spot. City of booroondara is also trialling an on call hard rubbish collection since September and hard rubbish day used to be a free for all. The residences are so small any excess needs to be discarded where possible. I know it's not much but hope it helps with a little insight into the area!

Off topic, but very pertinent to the subject of violence against women, particularly wives and partners. I have just finished reading the book 'Seven bones' by ex detective Peter Seymour and Jason K Foster. It shows the doggedness of an investigator and that at least one family finally achieved justice. Enclosing a clip on the case.

http://youtu.be/QrGVhuPo0uo

G'day, another new person here! Congratulations to all on how the discussion has run.

I just thought give you some more info in that we saw Sarah's car on the Western Hwy, Bacchus Marsh area, on the morning of 14/11 and travelling in an easterly direction. We reported it to LE a few days later when we found out that it was her car.

I'm not sure of the significance, except that it couldn't have been Sarah driving it. Maybe when the yellow car was dumped there had to be another car involved to pick up the perp from the scene.

Hi new am I been reading for a while AB was living in Wyndham, until maybe march, April before he move to coburg, <modsnip>. Wyndham is the areas in question re sh, plus I think they together in Ararat
:banghead:

Hi all.. Have been following this post for awhile but first time posting.You are right Santos I helper. AB was living in Wyndham Vale, about 20 houses away from me, when I think of all the times my daughter came home late and would have walked right past his front door.. *shudder*
Its only a 15/20 minute drive from here to any of the mentioned places in relation to this.

G'day, another new person here! Congratulations to all on how the discussion has run.

I just thought give you some more info in that we saw Sarah's car on the Western Hwy, Bacchus Marsh area, on the morning of 14/11 and travelling in an easterly direction. We reported it to LE a few days later when we found out that it was her car.

I'm not sure of the significance, except that it couldn't have been Sarah driving it. Maybe when the yellow car was dumped there had to be another car involved to pick up the perp from the scene.

Hi Underbelly .... with the discovery of Sarah's car on the evening of the 15th and then the discovery of the yellow car sometime on the 16th (but not reported in MSM till the 19th) you could very well have sighted Sarah's car at the time when some car-shuffling was going on.
MOO

The car belonging to a missing Bacchus Marsh woman who vanished from her home last week has been found after a tip-off from the public, police said today.
The silver 2001 Astra sedan was found in Owen Street, Maribyrnong last night.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/missing-womans-car-found-20121116-29gz6.html#ixzz2DCOU3L6S

Police are also reportedly investigating a link between a yellow Holden Commodore which was found on the Western Highway near Bacchus Marsh on Friday and a yellow car which neighbours say had been parked outside the Fongeo Drive home, 50km from Bacchus Marsh.

http://www.skynews.com.au/topstories/article.aspx?id=818115

General comment, what I find most frustrating, bad ones get caught sent to jail, but there are more out there who have done unspeakable acts, done time, then can change surname by deed poll and erase past?until sleuths link it........
There are obviously these types throughout the community just have not been caught:(
When younger I was around older men mainly due to the life experience they had, they were more interesting, and was of opinion if someone loved animals they must have a good heArt. Not so:(

General comment, what I find most frustrating, bad ones get caught sent to jail, but there are more out there who have done unspeakable acts, done time, then can change surname by deed poll and erase past?until sleuths link it........
There are obviously these types throughout the community just have not been caught:(
When younger I was around older men mainly due to the life experience they had, they were more interesting, and was of opinion if someone loved animals they must have a good heArt. Not so:(

:goodpost:
What you say about animals I was thinking last few days. Not saying a person might have animals for that reason, just that if they do, it can give that idea - loves animals, must be kind. Conversely, a person who says they don't like animals - I'm always a bit sus. Probably just me, pet tragic, menagiere keeper :cat:

The bit about the older men too when you're young. It's natural, someone with a lot more life experience can be appealing and interesting just to be around, for either sex. You want to hear their stories.
I worked in aviation for a few years at a time when many of the senior pilots were veterans of WWII. Everyone hung off their words. It was history brought to life.
It's just human nature, how the young of the species learn.
So sad that it can turn so tragically wrong and has done in many past cases all over the world.:twocents:

Hello all!
New to the forum and would love to contribute where possible! You guys are tremendous at what you do! :)
I actually lived in a house backing onto the blocks of flats in hawthorn east as it is known up til ten months ago. From my experience there tended to be either middle aged men living alone or older ladies. Rarely any trouble, the odd resident playing his pink Floyd lp's a little too loud but that was all really. It was a lovely area (very expensive real estate with the exception of the flats) occupied by older people with lovely cottage gardens or young exec couples needing quick access to the city. Unfortunately just prior to us moving out we had a spate of car thefts and vehicles being broken into which soured the neighbourhood all round sadly. There is an aged care facility at the end of Munro st and I believe there was a facility for intellectually disabled people round the same spot. City of booroondara is also trialling an on call hard rubbish collection since September and hard rubbish day used to be a free for all. The residences are so small any excess needs to be discarded where possible. I know it's not much but hope it helps with a little insight into the area!

:tyou: Without actual local insight all we can ever have is a snapshot of a place.
A relative lived there many years ago and it wasn't cheap real estate then but things can change so much either way as time passes.
I did see on street view some gorgeous character houses with the cottage gardens (as you say) and that seems the rule rather than exception.

This week in Sydney, in addition to the usual daily/nightly drive by shots at houses, there was one at the eastern suburbs mansion of Alan Bond's former financial advisor, also the collar-bomb hoaxer was sentenced. The offence was committed on a 17 year old girl at her parents' multi million $ home on the harbour. Accused is of same background, private school education, etc, as her dad.
In contrast was the most disgusting, repulsive attack by 3 cowards on an 8-month pregnant woman. Allegedly pushed to ground, bag snatched, then jumped on by one of the three. 18 and 16 yr old already charged and in custody, 17 yr old sought by police.
Just can't categorise suburbs and areas any more in terms of criminal activity - more and more some of the most 'shocking' crimes occur in the quietest places in suburbia. 2012 is far removed from Underbelly Razor :twocents:

Hi Underbelly .... with the discovery of Sarah's car on the evening of the 15th and then the discovery of the yellow car sometime on the 16th (but not reported in MSM till the 19th) you could very well have sighted Sarah's car at the time when some car-shuffling was going on.
MOO

The car belonging to a missing Bacchus Marsh woman who vanished from her home last week has been found after a tip-off from the public, police said today.
The silver 2001 Astra sedan was found in Owen Street, Maribyrnong last night.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/missing-womans-car-found-20121116-29gz6.html#ixzz2DCOU3L6S

Police are also reportedly investigating a link between a yellow Holden Commodore which was found on the Western Highway near Bacchus Marsh on Friday and a yellow car which neighbours say had been parked outside the Fongeo Drive home, 50km from Bacchus Marsh.

http://www.skynews.com.au/topstories/article.aspx?id=818115

Probably took him a while to work out his foolproof plan for getting out of the mess he had made ...... poor Sarah!

From me- to all quoted above :takeabow:

:rant:

JMO

I've been trying to work out how he managed to stab Sarah repeatedly without her screaming or the neighbours in the other flats hearing anything.

with a house theres more distance between neighbours and usually better insulation than what flats have.

IMO I'm still dubious about BM beign the location

I've been trying to work out how he managed to stab Sarah repeatedly without her screaming or the neighbours in the other flats hearing anything.

with a house theres more distance between neighbours and usually better insulation than what flats have.

Lots of ways to stab someone silently - ask anyone who has been in the military, for example.

Gaffa tape or any other form of gag, for starters. Or simply a big hand over the mouth. Or the first stab to the larynx. Or simply rendered unconscious first, either physically or via drugs

There are several other ways as well, which I won't describe in graphic detail here on a public forum.

I'm not at all surprised that the stabbing may have been totally silent.

Agreed - there appears to have been a massive imbalance in crimescene investigation / forensic attention between BM and PC.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back