GUILTY Australia - Sarah Cafferkey, 22, Melbourne, 9th Nov 2012, #2

Agree above comments, remember jm case no one heard a sound, they were in street, I think maybe similar happen quick around throat, more info sure to come out:please:

Agree above comments, remember jm case no one heard a sound, they were in street, I think maybe similar happen quick around horse and float, more info sure to come out:please:

Sorry what do you mean by horse loat?

Agreed - there appears to have been a massive imbalance in crimescene investigation / forensic attention between BM and PC.

Wonder if there was the same attention to BM but not shown for some reason?

Agreed - there appears to have been a massive imbalance in crimescene investigation / forensic attention between BM and PC.

Good evening to all! I'm a newby here. Have been following the discussions for some time and have found to be intriguing, informative and a forum that appeals to me more so than 'FB'.

I have been wondering the same thing as well. Why hasn't there been as much attention at the BM property when they suggest a possible crime happened there as well (reported in the media). One would assume it would have been taped off? Not seen any reports as such. Does anyone know if place in question was on a ground level or upper level? Curious as that would make things more difficult if on an upper level!!

Also, I have a family member that remembers seeing the yellow car on the side of the road during that week (only amateur sleuth here as I didn't get any dates). They did remember however that the car appeared stripped at some point (no tyres) then it was gone. I didn't even get roughly where it was parked!

Good evening to all! I'm a newby here. Have been following the discussions for some time and have found to be intriguing, informative and a forum that appeals to me more so than 'FB'.

I have been wondering the same thing as well. Why hasn't there been as much attention at the BM property when they suggest a possible crime happened there as well (reported in the media). One would assume it would have been taped off? Not seen any reports as such. Does anyone know if place in question was on a ground level or upper level? Curious as that would make things more difficult if on an upper level!!

Also, I have a family member that remembers seeing the yellow car on the side of the road during that week (only amateur sleuth here as I didn't get any dates). They did remember however that the car appeared stripped at some point (no tyres) then it was gone. I didn't even get roughly where it was parked!

:welcome5:

They did remember however that the car appeared stripped at some point (no tyres)
- another step in the foolproof plan maybe :floorlaugh:

I did see on tv news a neighbour of SH briefly interviewed, it looked like a townhouse/villa style building. Front door was ground level.

Re the abandoned yellow car and sighting of Sarah's car on the Western Hwy, question for locals - is it highway or freeway that would have cameras?

Remember reports that AB car was seen by camera/s on Tulla freeway heading for Gisborne where JM later found.

:twocents:

I wonder why he did it. poss a drunken argument and that's why he left the body in his house overnight, knowing if he drunk drove he could draw attention to himself and be caught red handed.

imo

I did see on tv news a neighbour of SH briefly interviewed, it looked like a townhouse/villa style building. Front door was ground level.

Re the abandoned yellow car and sighting of Sarah's car on the Western Hwy, question for locals - is it highway or freeway that would have cameras?

Remember reports that AB car was seen by camera/s on Tulla freeway heading for Gisborne where JM later found.

I'm not sure if there are CCTV camera on the western at various points, I wouldn't be surprised, but the Tulla has CityLink which is set up to monitor who's on it whether they have an e-tag or their numberplate is recognised. So it would be a much easier task for them to find out info about the Tulla I dare say.

I'm not sure if there are CCTV camera on the western at various points, I wouldn't be surprised, but the Tulla has CityLink which is set up to monitor who's on it whether they have an e-tag or their numberplate is recognised. So it would be a much easier task for them to find out info about the Tulla I dare say.

I'm not local - I'm in Qld very close to the Baden-Clay place. But I have driven around the Western Freeway/Bypass several times, when driving to Port Melbourne to get the Tassie ferry, and I'm 99.9% sure that there are several traffic cameras all along that freeway, high up on poles, as well as some on those gantries over the road.

They would all be monitored from the same central location as all the other traffic cameras, including the toll road cameras, I would think.

But, as I said, I'm not local. Happy to be corrected if someone has better info.

Hi everyone, first time post here..

I've been following this for a while now, and picked up on a few things people had pointed out here myself. It's good to know other people share the same thoughts as me in taking interest in crimes like these. Knowing what happened eases my mind a little.

In regards to there being no crime scene set up by LE at BM address, is it possible that he attacked Sarah in his car? Maybe that's the reason for it being stripped and dumped.. Otherwise he would have had to carry her out of his house and risk being seen by neighbours, and seeing as it appears he lived in a unit, there would probably have been a high possibility of him bumping into someone on way to car?

Just my opinion. May be silly but would explain a few things..

I've been following this for a while now, and picked up on a few things people had pointed out here myself. It's good to know other people share the same thoughts as me in taking interest in crimes like these. Knowing what happened eases my mind a little.

In regards to there being no crime scene set up by LE at BM address, is it possible that he attacked Sarah in his car? Maybe that's the reason for it being stripped and dumped.. Otherwise he would have had to carry her out of his house and risk being seen by neighbours, and seeing as it appears he lived in a unit, there would probably have been a high possibility of him bumping into someone on way to car?

Hi and welcome.

I had been wondering if SC was stabbed in the car. I have noticed in msm they state SC was stabbed "at" a unit in BM not "in" a unit. Also the crime scene set up around the yellow car but nothing in msm about a crime scene in BM. :moo:

I also think that the murder was committed in the yellow car, which I believe that SH was using that day. He then took Sarah's body to Point Cook and placed in a bin. He likely stripped any incriminating evidence from the vehicle at PC and then dumped it on the Western Highway. He may have cut up material which he removed from the car in the garage of the PC house, before disposing of that also. Other opportunists likely removed further parts of the car where it was abandoned. Just my thoughts only. Also adding a link re use of power tools in garage of PC property.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...-as-vic-womans-body-found-20121119-29l3a.html

I also think that the murder was committed in the yellow car, which I believe that SH was using that day. He then took Sarah's body to Point Cook and placed in a bin. He likely stripped any incriminating evidence from the vehicle at PC and then dumped it on the Western Highway. He may have cut up material which he removed from the car in the garage of the PC house, before disposing of that also. Other opportunists likely removed further parts of the car where it was abandoned. Just my thoughts only. Also adding a link re use of power tools in garage of PC property.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...-as-vic-womans-body-found-20121119-29l3a.html

I have seen that article before, but only just picked up that it was the yellow car that had been sitting out front the whole time, I had assumed it was the silver car on the footpath. So that car behind police tape must be SH's car.. I'm so confused about why he was using the yellow car seeing as it was parked out the front of the PC house in October going by Google Maps, and if SH didn't live there, then what are the odds of him being there visiting while Google was taking the image.

One explanation could be that SH was the other housemate at PC, and kept the BM flat for Illegal activities that AW wouldn't approve of? So silver car belongs to SH but obviously is trashed. AW was away (rock climbing trip mentioned) and SH was borrowing yellow car.

I'm on a rant at the moment, and I'm sure it's been covered, but I'm just trying to get my head around the three cars, and how one person has moved them all around.

MOO :banghead:

Just saw pictures of PC house and silver commodore is still out front so obviously nothing to do with the murder. I'm thinking too much into the cars, but just want to know as much as I can.

Yellow car must have been SH's car, and he must have lived at that house, and also had a lease on the flat in BM. So AW may not have been aware of anything that was going on, and has just been pulled into this and unfortunately had his name smeared if this is the case..

Western has camera's as well. The Tulla is City Link so has CCTV as well as toll cameras. The only thing is that they only keep the CCTV on the CityLink for 5 days (having requested footage following a car accident I came to know this), so I am surprised if they had AB on CCTV (but may have had him on the toll camera, although no Toll camera's at Bell Street, Coburg entrance as toll road ends before there).

would they have used Ballan Road to cut out a lot of the Western? I read somewhere a while ago someone said they saw SC car on Ballan Road. Cant think where I read that now :banghead:

Only used the Western a couple of times to go to footy in Melb from SA.

Western has camera's as well. The Tulla is City Link so has CCTV as well as toll cameras. The only thing is that they only keep the CCTV on the CityLink for 5 days (having requested footage following a car accident I came to know this), so I am surprised if they had AB on CCTV (but may have had him on the toll camera, although no Toll camera's at Bell Street, Coburg entrance as toll road ends before there).

Could have been toll camera, just remember the 'camera' reference and someone (Melb local) in Jill's thread commenting that taking that route instead of back roads was pretty silly. :) :twocents:

would they have used Ballan Road to cut out a lot of the Western? I read somewhere a while ago someone said they saw SC car on Ballan Road. Cant think where I read that now :banghead:

Only used the Western a couple of times to go to footy in Melb from SA.

Ballan road sighting was a young guy and his mates who saw the car but it was on the Friday 9th, I think during the day. That night was the last time Sarah's mum saw her. It was on the FB page set up by family/friends to find Sarah. Think he later said they reported to LE, and a WS member took screenshot of FB page and sent to Crimestoppers.

At the time I thought it was a good sighting because he first posted a question 'did her car have one pink hubcap' (which to my knowledge hadn't been reported in MSM). FB page admin replied 'yes', then he posted the info - that he and his mates had seen it parked on side of the road and nobody in it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back