GUILTY Australia - Shellay Ward, 7, starved to death, Hawks Nest, NSW, 13 Nov 2007

We do have guns but you must meet a nearly impossible critera to own one.

Which I think is a good thing, I am glad that we are strict on guns here. We might have some nasty critters but I still feel a lot safer with our gun laws in place.

Thanks for the update, dingo. It's about time they were both arrested. :(

They are still saying she could not have died from starvation as she had a large appetite, well why didnt they feed her:doh: I just cannot believe people can be that stupid.
I hope they too get life never to be released, which imo is still not enough.

Well apparently her appetite didn't encompass her small weight. Bless her heart as someone wasn't taking care of this dear darling child. It makes my heart hurt to read these kind of things. Food is basic for survival and it wasn't provided to her. I hope she is romping around with angels and having a feast everyday in heaven, I know that is where she is, never to be hungry again.

May the people that did this to her suffer the pangs of karma before they meet their maker.

When she was found, the skin around her feet had wasted away beneath three pairs of socks she had been wearing for an extended period of time.

and

She was so thin that rigor mortis was absent because of her severely wasted muscles. The little girl's eyeballs also had lost pressure and her rib cage stood out.

YET:
The court documents stated that the couple told police the girl had appeared healthy the night before her body was discovered.

--May the same happen to the parents.

Sadly they,ll be well fed and sheltered where they,re going...Id stick them out in the middle of nowhere and let them find out what its like to be hungry and thirsty..we have lots of places here where they could be dropped off and never seen again.

June 2009:

Ebony: Judge restores some dignity to starved girl

She had become the nameless and faceless victim of a crime that horrified the nation. Since her father and mother were charged more than 18 months ago, a law unique to NSW has prevented identification of the seven-year-old girl her parents starved to death in their Hawks Nest home. Yesterday, a Supreme Court judge ruled that the girl who had been "the subject of the most profound neglect and abandonment" should be given a name. She will now be known as Ebony, her middle name.

On Tuesday, a jury found Ebony's mother guilty of murder and her father guilty of manslaughter after a trial which heard how she was locked in a lonely room and left to starve to death.

October 2009:

Life sentence after 'Ebony' starved to death

A woman found guilty of murdering her seven-year-old daughter by starving her to death has been sentenced to life in jail by a Sydney court.

Her husband, found guilty of the lesser charge of manslaughter, has been sentenced to a minimum of 12 years in prison by the NSW Supreme Court.

Find a Grave

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back