Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first heard this on the news, my first thought was that he had gone wandering. When they didn't find him straight away I was sure we'd hear that he'd stumbled into a dam. Just like this story: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-fi...went-missing-near-grafton-20131226-2zx69.html

The case was similar in that the child was visiting (it wasn't his home). However, the child in that incident had autism and was known to wander.

Even though police have used every possible method to find William in the bush, I guess it still remains a possibility that he wandered and fell into a place where it would be very difficult to find him. Anything is possible in a forest so dense.

Back to the other scenario, if he has been taken then there are some things that don't add up for me from what we've been told by police.

Police have consistently said that William's sister was with him at the time, and that his mother and grandmother were either inside or out the back. They will only say that the sister was "unable to provide any new information." Now I read that the sister had gone inside to the toilet at the time. Where did this information come from? Police? All I can find is the police saying that the sister was with William. If she was inside, then wouldn't they say that everyone was inside for 1-5 minutes in the time that William was taken? It seems like a trivial point, but it's not really when we are talking about him being taken within minutes.

Also, is it true that he was only out of their sight for 1-5 minutes? That's an incredibly short timeframe. Sometimes I wonder if they gave this timeframe to police as they didn't want to seem irresponsible. E.g. maybe he was really out of their sight for say, 20 minutes, and that would have sounded bad.

Police had that photo an hour after he disappeared - they were given the iphone it was taken on and they verified all of the details. This has been discussed a few times in previous threads. There is no way it as photoshopped.

When I first heard this on the news, my first thought was that he had gone wandering. When they didn't find him straight away I was sure we'd hear that he'd stumbled into a dam. Just like this story: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-fi...went-missing-near-grafton-20131226-2zx69.html

The case was similar in that the child was visiting (it wasn't his home). However, the child in that incident had autism and was known to wander.

Even though police have used every possible method to find William in the bush, I guess it still remains a possibility that he wandered and fell into a place where it would be very difficult to find him. Anything is possible in a forest so dense.

Back to the other scenario, if he has been taken then there are some things that don't add up for me from what we've been told by police.

Police have consistently said that William's sister was with him at the time, and that his mother and grandmother were either inside or out the back. They will only say that the sister was "unable to provide any new information." Now I read that the sister had gone inside to the toilet at the time. Where did this information come from? Police? All I can find is the police saying that the sister was with William. If she was inside, then wouldn't they say that everyone was inside for 1-5 minutes in the time that William was taken? It seems like a trivial point, but it's not really when we are talking about him being taken within minutes.

Also, is it true that he was only out of their sight for 1-5 minutes? That's an incredibly short timeframe. Sometimes I wonder if they gave this timeframe to police as they didn't want to seem irresponsible. E.g. maybe he was really out of their sight for say, 20 minutes, and that would have sounded bad.

I agree no two stories have been the same, its very annoying as what are we supposed to believe. I think the time frame is a bit unreal as well, but I believe the whole story is totally unbelievable. Nicole says that William is a happy, cheeky, adventurous little boy who doesn't wander. Put an adventurous little boy in an open yard alone for how long and see if he wouldn't have the urge to go adventuring.

I've managed to put my finger on something else that's really bothering me about the case.

The police don't seem to be treating him like a missing person!

There are no big appeals for information from anyone who may have seen him. All we get is a vague statement maybe once a week along the lines of: "We have no leads. We have no information. We are 'baffled'".

This really stuck out to me because in the same week (or thereabouts) two boys went missing and EVERY radio news bulletin and evening news program had a media release from the police pleading for information. I live in an area where the local news also covers Port Macquarie (Kendall) and I don't think I've ever heard an appeal for information about sightings of William. I've heard a lot about the search and now the occasional updates about the apparently fruitless investigation.

The only appeals I've seen are from concerned members of the community on Facebook, and a blog on a high profile website.

It's understandable that folks are very distressed by this. They think he is being forgotten. This poor helpless child. Either that or people simply assume he has been found because they can't fathom the lack of media attention.

I get that there are legal and privacy issues, but William's name is already out there, and still is being used out there in the media, so why the hush? They can still appeal for information without identifying the parents.
It seems cruel to the community who are deeply distressed, for the police to simply say, "we're baffled", when there is obviously so much more to it. It's an insult to their intelligence.

So what do we make of this? That the police are gagged? Incompetent? Or they don't believe he is "missing" - which is either good news or very bad.

I've managed to put my finger on something else that's really bothering me about the case.

There are no big appeals for information from anyone who may have seen him. All we get is a vague statement maybe once a week along the lines of: "We have no leads. We have no information. We are 'baffled'".

This really stuck out to me because in the same week (or thereabouts) two boys went missing and EVERY radio news bulletin and evening news program had a media release from the police pleading for information. I live in an area where the local news also covers Port Macquarie (Kendall) and I don't think I've ever heard an appeal for information about sightings of William. I've heard a lot about the search and now the occasional updates about the apparently fruitless investigation.

The only appeals I've see are from concerned members of the community on Facebook, and a blog on a high profile website.

It's understandable that folks are very distressed by this. They think he is being forgotten. This poor helpless child. Either that or people simply assume he has been found because they can't fathom the lack of media attention.

I get that there are legal and privacy issues, but William's name is already out there, and still is being used out there in the media, so why the hush? They can still appeal for information without identifying the parents.
It seems cruel to the community who are deeply distressed, for the police to simply say, "we're baffled." When there is obviously so much more to it. It's an insult to their intelligence.

Sadly, I see, feel, this will take a while longer than anyone thought....sort of like, how long is a piece of string?

Actually the case of the 2 boys who went missing - it came out that the police suspected the father had taken them, breached an AVO, yet they were still treated as missing persons and the appeals were made as such. I thought this was worth pointing out as this was also NSW Police and this is how they operated in that case.

There may be a police protection order on him or something similar, and if he is a foster child the parents may have a gag order. The police or DoCS might think it's in his best interest to keep quiet OR they may have a lead and are just waiting for them to slip up. I don't understand why the dogs are going back in a week. If they feel the need for cadavar dogs then why wait another week?

There may be a police protection order on him or something similar, and if he is a foster child the parents may have a gag order. The police or DoCS might think it's in his best interest to keep quiet OR they may have a lead and are just waiting for them to slip up. I don't understand why the dogs are going back in a week. If they feel the need for cadavar dogs then why wait another week?

BBM: Probably just a scheduling thing. Everybody that needs to be there can't be there till then. They would have other cases that they are working on too, I would think.

Its pretty rough terrain out in that bush with lantana, spikes, leeches and who knows what else.

We've had riders going out helping on horse back looking through the thick scrub,' she told AAP.

'It's rough country, they come back with leeches,' she said.

'Up since 5 am with two mounted police from Sydney, Whitby Park... covered acres and acres of the roughest bush you could imagine. All of us leaving tired, sore and dripping blood - even the horses.

The horses started from the house where William was last seen. Riding through bush that humans would struggle to walk through. Stepping horses over barbed wire fences,'

Even our heavy overalls have been tearing in this bush," said baffled veteran mid-north coast police officer Superintendent Paul Fehon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ttle-William-went-missing-grandparents-house-

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227064608526

article.wn.com/view/2014/09/20/Search_update_and_Thank_you_from_the_family_of_William_Tyrel/

i hope this link works, it shows different interesting footage of family friend nicole speaking to the media,
dont think the link works, but its on a site called Wn.com and the heading is Strike Force Rossann formed to investigate child's disappearance - Kendall (NSW Police Force)

The only appeals I've seen are from concerned members of the community on Facebook, and a blog on a high profile website.

It seems cruel to the community who are deeply distressed, for the police to simply say, "we're baffled", when there is obviously so much more to it. It's an insult to their intelligence.

So what do we make of this? That the police are gagged? Incompetent? Or they don't believe he is "missing" - which is either good news or very bad.

Well Said Angeline. It should be all about finding William not shielding anyone else.

But it isn't a Dinosaur Roar. Its more a look of I DID NOT.

None of us can say what William was or wasn't doing in that photo though, can we? It certainly looks exactly like an animated "roar" of some sort to me - a mum of two boys who were totally obsessed with dinosaurs from the time they could talk (and roar). I agree that it seems like a candid shot of William demonstrating something like that - it looks like he probably has a colouring book or something similar. For all we know he could have been working on a picture of a lion or dinosaur, and showing off his roaring prowess at the same time.

Some Kendall residents have been on social media saying police are there everyday and readily available to answer questions from members of the community. They have also been present at community meetings as recent as last week. So while it is quiet for the rest of the country it sounds like a different story in Kendall.

Its pretty rough terrain out in that bush with lantana, spikes, leeches and who knows what else.

We've had riders going out helping on horse back looking through the thick scrub
,' she told AAP.

'It's rough country, they come back with leeches,' she said.

'Up since 5 am with two mounted police from Sydney, Whitby Park... covered acres and acres of the roughest bush you could imagine. All of us leaving tired, sore and dripping blood - even the horses.

The horses started from the house where William was last seen. Riding through bush that humans would struggle to walk through. Stepping horses over barbed wire fences,'

Even our heavy overalls have been tearing in this bush," said baffled veteran mid-north coast police officer Superintendent Paul Fehon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ttle-William-went-missing-grandparents-house-

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227064608526

RBBM

Anyone who knows that thick Australian scrub also realises how hard it is to penetrate it and see under the bush's canopy. Only the smaller animals, like rabbits & foxes can negotiate the undergrowth. From above it is impossible to view the ground particularly from the height of a horse. As a kid we'd crawl through the bracken on our hands and knees, not around. IF William's red clothing had been discarded it could be near impossible to see him.
Some of the first vision of searchers I noticed them looking 'into' the thick bushes from adult height and that prompted me to remember how we did it as children.

RBBM

Anyone who knows that thick Australian scrub also realises how hard it is to penetrate it and see under the bush's canopy. Only the smaller animals, like rabbits & foxes can negotiate the undergrowth. From above it is impossible to view the ground particularly from the height of a horse. As a kid we'd crawl through the bracken on our hands and knees, not around. IF William's red clothing had been discarded it could be near impossible to see him.
Some of the first vision of searchers I noticed them looking 'into' the thick bushes from adult height and that prompted me to remember how we did it as children.

Exactly what I was thinking! It is an impossible task really. Cover more ground with horses or search a very small area thoroughly.

Exactly what I was thinking! It is an impossible task really. Cover more ground with horses or search a very small area thoroughly.

I agree dogs could be a good option to search under the thick scrub.
When we were kids there were endless well used tunnels underneath and though the scrub that animals would create & we'd play for hours until I got a couple of ticks & our parents said to stop. Also we once stumbled upon a man living under a sheet of tin and we all ran home screaming in fear. LOL in hindsight he was a homeless man who got more of a fright than we did. Someone like a hobo/tramp could be scary to a three year old. Possibly William hid or escaped from something/someone through the night.

I'm only thinking out loud and I'm at a loss to where this sweet little innocent can possibly be.

I believe in miracles, we need an absolute miracle now.

Police have said over and over how they have searched every inch of the area but i can't see how it would be physically possible either with all that bush :(

Police have said over and over how they have searched every inch of the area but i can't see how it would be physically possible either with all that bush :(

Maybe they will have to depend on their sense of smell if he's out there.

Maybe they will have to depend on their sense of smell if he's out there.

This sniffer dogs didn't pick up any scent thing bothers me.

The attic where Tia Sharps body was found was searched for 4 times by the sniffer dogs (a dozen dogs and 80 police officers!) before they finally located her. And that was in an enclosed space.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...se-family-FOUR-searches-failed-spot-body.html

This opens up the possibility that he could be in the bush, or even near or at the grandmothers home. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther