Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm: you raise an excellent point -- lots of people to confuse sniffer dogs for sure

what you have outlined parallels my understanding UNTIL I looked at this link posted a few hours ago. I cannot access your link (subscription required) -- what stands out for me in the following link is that there is no mention of calling the husband on his mobile ..... and the diagram indicates that the mother didn't call police until 11 a.m. --

and father's errand was only 2 KM away -- that critical piece was absent from what I have recalled in the past .....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1227173646506

This map shows 1.9 km into the heart of Kendall (before the bridge) where police were looking into the cameras of the Kendall Bowling club. There are two little shops opposite that club. IF dad went northly then this would be the approx area he drove to.

(I can't so thumbnails on the iPad).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 764
"And, then, “within one to five minutes the adults noticed that William was missing”. They looked around the house. They couldn’t find him. They became frantic. William’s father was called on a mobile phone. He raced home to help. Within 10-15 minutes, neighbours on the street were searching as well. They couldn’t find him. “Twenty to 25 minutes” after he was first noticed missing, the police were called. They *arrived within six minutes. A “full search” was initiated.

By now, a couple of dozen *locals were looking for William. Within a few hours, police with sniffer dogs arrived from Port Macquarie. The bush surrounding the house had been “contaminated” but the handlers, with their dogs, swept further out into the bush. They could pick up no scent. “If a person was out there, the dogs would have been aware of it,” Fehon explains.

By early afternoon that first day, word had spread that a little boy was missing. The community responded and by 1pm there were close to 100 people combing the bush. More came when school finished and there was another surge as folks got home from work. They searched late into the night. Nothing."

One of the neighbours said she heard William outside playing 90 minutes before he went missing, so 9am he was outside the house playing with sister. 10.25am dad runs an errand. 10.30am William is missing. 10.35am Mum then calls dad on the mobile and he rushes home. By 10.40am dad is home then 10-15 minutes later neighbours on the street were searching as well-10.55am. Police called 25 mins after William missing-10.55am. Police arrive 6 minutes later-11.01am.

I find the following 2 statements interesting:

Within a few hours (1pm!), police with sniffer dogs arrived from Port Macquarie. The bush surrounding the house had been “contaminated”

"by 1pm there were close to 100 people combing the bush."

So it seems like 100 people were combing the bush, at or before the sniffer dogs started. Obviously with good intentions, but not ideal for scent finding!

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227064608526

Also this implies dad was home when police were called but the neighbor reports being with mum while police are called BEFORE dad gets home. I think it's just poor reporting to be honest.

I don't think that any of the media know exactly what happened in those first minutes after William's disappearance. None of the family have ever talked to them and explained. They only have what little info the police have given them about those first minutes, and whatever they have tried to glean from neighbours.

This map shows 1.9 km into the heart of Kendall (before the bridge) where police were looking into the cameras of the Kendall Bowling club. There are two little shops opposite that club. IF dad went northly then this would be the approx area he drove to.

(I can't so thumbnails on the iPad).

yes, the post office and general store turn off is opposite in comboyne st, depends where his errand was i guess.

The media has been all over the place...... I recall reading That a friend of Mr Spedding stated that the repairman had only had ONE contact with the family - when he went to do the quote.

And then other media outlets stating that they can now reveal he had in fact returned approximately 8 or so days later to carry out the repair...

So which is true??

If the repair was after William disappeared, it could still mean he only had one contact before the fatal day.

The media has been all over the place...... I recall reading That a friend of Mr Spedding stated that the repairman had only had ONE contact with the family - when he went to do the quote.

And then other media outlets stating that they can now reveal he had in fact returned approximately 8 or so days later to carry out the repair...

So which is true??

Puggle all the secret squirrel stuff is frustrating. If there were slimy solicitors hired by all parties then that would have slowed down the LE's ability to work quickly.
I really doubt even the police can cut through the ridiculous red tape of these other govt departments and get straight answers.

What gets me, is that the LE & MSM blow up the whole Spedding thing - it was everywhere online, news, TV, papers - everywhere.. And now.... Silence. Not even a hint of results from forensics etc..
So it has me wondering (and frustrated) did MSM jump onto something that wasnt supposed to be broadcast, and blow this up themself, or has LE planned it this way?

Ergh!!

William - I hope you are safe baby boy.

What gets me, is that the LE & MSM blow up the whole Spedding thing - it was everywhere online, news, TV, papers - everywhere.. And now.... Silence. Not even a hint of results from forensics etc..
So it has me wondering (and frustrated) did MSM jump onto something that wasnt supposed to be broadcast, and blow this up themself, or has LE planned it this way?

Ergh!!

William - I hope you are safe baby boy.

i think police have used msm in this case, they have full power to put a gag order on whats reported and they havent, so msm ran with it.
its all so strategic

i think police have used msm in this case, they have full power to put a gag order on whats reported and they havent, so msm ran with it.
its all so strategic

Yes. I believe the police on this case are playing the long game. The total silence on some things and the media circus on Spedding is no accident, in my opinion.
What they know, and what they're trying to do, I have no idea. But I'm sure they know exactly what they're doing.

Don't know if this appeared elsewhere in the threads but there has been a change of command in the investigation.

"state’s most respected homicide investigators, Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin, has taken over the lead role in the investigation just days after police searched two properties belonging to a local handyman.

Detective Inspector Jubelin, who has locked up some of the worst criminals in the state and was portrayed in an Underbelly series for his conviction of Anthony ‘‘Rooster’’ Perish, will now be the officer in charge following the retirement of Detective Inspector Hans Rupp"

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2850333/top-investigator-appointed-in-search-for-william-tyrrell/

this comes after the search of the WS property .....

Yes. I believe the police on this case are playing the long game. The total silence on some things and the media circus on Spedding is no accident, in my opinion.
What they know, and what they're trying to do, I have no idea. But I'm sure they know exactly what they're doing.
Yeah, that's what I think too. Everyone was so shocked when info about Spedding came out, and it kept on coming. This was after months of almost complete silence except for occasionally letting people know they were still working on the case, but had no solid leads. IMO they were playing a bit "too" dumb.

Who is 'Dectective Inspector Hans Rupp'? I hadn't noticed his name as having led the investigation prior to this?

Don't know if this appeared elsewhere in the threads but there has been a change of command in the investigation.

"state’s most respected homicide investigators, Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin, has taken over the lead role in the investigation just days after police searched two properties belonging to a local handyman.

Detective Inspector Jubelin, who has locked up some of the worst criminals in the state and was portrayed in an Underbelly series for his conviction of Anthony ‘‘Rooster’’ Perish, will now be the officer in charge following the retirement of Detective Inspector Hans Rupp"

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2850333/top-investigator-appointed-in-search-for-william-tyrrell/

this comes after the search of the WS property .....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ing-from-kendall/story-fnpn118l-1227173646506

LIA HARRIS
The Sunday Telegraph
January 04, 201512:00AM

After arriving in Kendall from Sydney the night before, the family was enjoying a relaxing morning at the Benaroon Drive property with the children’s grandmother.

William’s father had driven 2km into town to do some shopping at the local store.

Sitting on the porch about 10am with his mother, grandmother and sister, William ran around the side of the house several times before reappearing with a cheeky grin and running back towards his family.

So when he ran around the corner once again about 10.25am, out of view for a matter of minutes, his mother thought nothing of it.

Upon realising he had not reappeared again after several minutes, she asked his four-year-old sister where William had gone.

When they went around the corner looking for him about 10.30am, he was nowhere to be seen.

Mrs Wilson said she heard the two children playing in the neighbouring yard before she left to run errands in the township about 90 minutes before William disappeared, just metre’s from her home.

So the consensus of opinion is that William disappeared at about 10:30am. Mrs. Wilson said she heard the two children playing about 90 minutes before William disappeared. That would make it about 9:00am. And this is apparently when Mrs. Wilson left to run errands in town.

The phone on which the last photograph of William was taken has been analysed — the photo was taken “within an hour” of his disappearance.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sub...tory-e6frg6nf-1227064608526&memtype=anonymous

This would indicate that the photo was taken between 9:30am and 10:30am.

I'm now wondering what time William's father left to go into town. Did he pass any vehicles in the vicinity of Benaroon Drive on the way? Did he see anyone on foot in the area?

Judy Wilson, whose property adjoins William’s grandmother’s backyard, believes it may be more than just coincidence that the child disappeared only after she went to run errands in town.

She said someone could have been waiting for her to leave, potentially aware that the neighbour on the other side was also away.

“If someone was watching the house, they would’ve seen me leave and would’ve known the other neighbour was away,” she said

So if someone had been waiting for Mrs. Wilson to leave her house, they could have been in for a long wait. Unless they knew that she was going out at a particular time, which just happened to coincide with William being in his grandmother's backyard. Mrs. Wilson also said that this someone would've known the other neighbour was away. Man, this someone seems to be privy to a lot of information about the residents in Benaroon Drive and that would indicate that this someone lives close by. Ironically the direction William was running to (according to the diagram in the link above) is towards Mrs. Wilson's property. I'm not casting aspersions on Mrs. Wilson, just pointing out the facts as stated in MSM. I personally don't believe that anyone was lying in wait to snatch William.

I'm more interested in what happened between 9:00am and 10:30am on that morning.

BBM.

Who is 'Dectective Inspector Hans Rupp'? I hadn't noticed his name as having led the investigation prior to this?

Detective inspector Hans Rupp was in charge of the NSW crime command's homicide squad that took charge of the investivation into William's disappearance in December 2014.

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/2782283/william-tyrell-search-is-not-over/

Further info on Detective inspector Hans Rupp.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...cted-for-so-long/story-fni0cx12-1227208339159

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ing-from-kendall/story-fnpn118l-1227173646506

LIA HARRIS
The Sunday Telegraph
January 04, 201512:00AM

So the consensus of opinion is that William disappeared at about 10:30am. Mrs. Wilson said she heard the two children playing about 90 minutes before William disappeared. That would make it about 9:00am. And this is apparently when Mrs. Wilson left to run errands in town.

The phone on which the last photograph of William was taken has been analysed — the photo was taken “within an hour” of his disappearance.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sub...tory-e6frg6nf-1227064608526&memtype=anonymous

This would indicate that the photo was taken between 9:30am and 10:30am.

I'm now wondering what time William's father left to go into town. Did he pass any vehicles in the vicinity of Benaroon Drive on the way? Did he see anyone on foot in the area?

So if someone had been waiting for Mrs. Wilson to leave her house, they could have been in for a long wait. Unless they knew that she was going out at a particular time, which just happened to coincide with William being in his grandmother's backyard. Mrs. Wilson also said that this someone would've known the other neighbour was away. Man, this someone seems to be privy to a lot of information about the residents in Benaroon Drive and that would indicate that this someone lives close by. Ironically the direction William was running to (according to the diagram in the link above) is towards Mrs. Wilson's property. I'm not casting aspersions on Mrs. Wilson, just pointing out the facts as stated in MSM. I personally don't believe that anyone was lying in wait to snatch William.

I'm more interested in what happened between 9:00am and 10:30am on that morning.

BBM.

If Ms. Williams is correct, and someone knew one neighbor was gone, and waited until she left as well, then I think it had to be a neighbor that was sitting back and watching. A stranger, or a repairman, would have ben noticed if they sat and waited like that.

I do wonder how thoroughly they investigated the neighborhood. Going door to door and having a quick chat is not enough, if there is a pedophile lurking in the neighborhood. jmo

If Ms. Williams is correct, and someone knew one neighbor was gone, and waited until she left as well, then I think it had to be a neighbor that was sitting back and watching. A stranger, or a repairman, would have ben noticed if they sat and waited like that.

I do wonder how thoroughly they investigated the neighborhood. Going door to door and having a quick chat is not enough, if there is a pedophile lurking in the neighborhood. jmo

Apparently all 21 houses in the estate were searched inside and out twice by police.

Apparently all 21 houses in the estate were searched inside and out twice by police.

I am sure they were well searched. Just wondering how deeply they investigated the families. For example, one nice elderly couple, might have a sick, twisted nephew that was visiting. Would the cops have known that if the couple did not volunteer that info? There would be nothing to find in the search if the visiting relative left that morning and did not return. Just kind of thinking out loud.

As you say, If Ms. Williams is correct (it's actually Mrs. Wilson). IMO it was an assumption on the part of Mrs. Wilson. Not fact.

I looked up the weather at Port Macquarie on 12th September 2014

Actual Temp
24° Lo 16°
Hist. Avg.
24° Lo 13°

It was a cool morning and the little rear patio actually faces SOUTH. I looked on Google maps and that patio appears to be the coldest area to sit and consider there are high trees shading the area.
Now if that photo was taken of William early morning....I'm surprised the sun would be hitting that patio early morning.....afternoon yes.
Especially if it had an awning. The photo shows William in the sun?

Is there anyone good with N,S,E & W and where the sun rises take a look for me please?

http://www.accuweather.com/en/au/port-macquarie/13192/october-weather/13192?monyr=10/1/2014

I can screenshot the map but I'm sorry they come out so large. :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member