GUILTY Australia - Woman poisoned 4yo daughter with chemo drugs, Gold Coast, Qld, 2012

Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome (MBPS)

http://outofthefog.net/CommonBehaviors/Munchausens.html

Description:

In Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome (MBPS), an individual - typically a mother - deliberately makes another person (most often his or her own preschool child) sick or convinces others that the person is sick. The parent or caregiver misleads others into thinking that the child has medical problems by reporting fictitious episodes. He or she may exaggerate, fabricate, or induce symptoms. As a result, doctors commonly order tests, experiment with medications and, in severe cases, may hospitalize the child or perform surgery to determine the cause.

Typically, the perpetrator feels satisfied when he or she has the attention and sympathy of doctors, nurses, and others.

It should be noted that there is strong controversy over the existence of Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome. The originator of the term, British Pediatrician Roy Meadow was discredited for misrepresenting statistical data in his expert witness testimony in the conviction of mothers of children who died from cot deaths (also known as Sudden Infant Death Syndrome - or SIDS). In a nutshell, he testified that the likelihood of more than one incidence of SIDS in a single family was so remote as to warrant a conviction. Several cases in which he testified have since been overturned in British Courts. Critics of the MBPS theory correctly point out that child abuse is child abuse and the burden of proof must be to reveal objective evidence of abuse prior to removing children from parental custody.

Jennifer Bush case discussion here:

Munchausen by Proxy and the case of Jennifer Bush - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Wouldn't symptoms of chemotherapy be rather distinct from those of cancer and have immediately made medical staff suspicious as they know she wasn't being treated with chemo. A lay person may look at a reaction to chemo and see that as 'cancer' because the symptoms of chemo are more apparent and what we are used to seeing with 'cancer patients'. JMO.

What would she need bone marrow transplant for? It doesn't appear she ever had cancer.

It is my understanding that the chemo drugs have affective lay destroyed her immune system and she has aplastic anaemic. I also understand that she will still need the transplant for this reason.

It is my understanding that the chemo drugs have affective lay destroyed her immune system and she has aplastic anaemic. I also understand that she will still need the transplant for this reason.

Oh that poor child.

Has any information been released about her younger son??

I could be reading into it way too much, but in one of the videos she has posted on youtube the younger brother looks quiet bruised. And yes I know that young kids are prone to hurting themself, (I have 3) but ive never seen any of my kids with that amount of bruising on their legs :what:

Also, has any information actually been released as to when the child first became ill? Im seeing mixed responses on FB that she was prior to June ill, and then others saying she only started becoming ill 10 months ago.

I agree blessed the sons bruises look unnatural. She'll lose both the kids .. I have little doubt.

On nov 6th the grandmother posted that the grand daughter had been sick for 8 months. The photos she posted of the little girl show a healthy looking little girl. The grandmother states that the little girl has endured countless biopsies, needles etc.
The grandmother posted on feb 6th this year that the little boy was being tested the next day as a bone marrow donor.

Well, I will continue to despise the mom and don't believe in positive vibes or putting kid's alleged attempted murder updates on fb. The child had all those symptoms from chemo meds! Bleeding mucus membranes and gums with hair loss. All the symptoms! Looks like they'd have noticed since they knew it wasn't leukemia. She gave that child aplaestic anemia (sp?) From chemo which all chemo patients fear, imo. $itch.

Bless the Grandmother, she sounds so gracious and loving. I hope she is able to look after Bella and her brother while their mother is in gaol (which will hopefully be for a very long time). It sounds like the Grandmother is still fairly young which is great - she will be busy with two little ones running around.

Praying for a full and quick recovery for Bella, and that her little brother is 100% healthy.

Chemo girl blood tests delay trial
20/05/13, 10:49 AM

Lawyers may have to wait up to three months for the results of blood tests on a young Queensland girl allegedly poisoned with chemotherapy drugs by her mother.

The 22-year-old Gold Coast mother was arrested last month and charged with grievous bodily harm over allegations she gave her four-year-old daughter the drugs.

The case was mentioned in the Brisbane Magistrates Court on Monday, where prosecutors said they were waiting on an analysis of blood tests from the girl.
The court heard the results may not be available until August.
The matter was adjourned for mention in July.
The mother did not appear in court and remains in custody.
http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/chemo-girl-blood-tests-delay-trial-20130520-2jvkh.html

Prosecutors want more time to prepare their case against a young Gold Coast mother accused of poisoning her daughter with cancer drugs.
The woman, 22, was arrested in April over allegations she gave chemotherapy drugs to her four-year-old.

The case was mentioned in the Brisbane Magistrates Court on Monday, where prosecutors asked for eight more weeks to prepare a full brief.

The matter was adjourned until September 30.

Via Brisbane Times
22 July 2013
http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/chemo-poisoning-case-in-court-20130722-2qdfd.html

Bumping

10:23am AAP: The case against a young Gold Coast mother accused of poisoning her daughter with cancer drugs has been adjourned until September 30.

The woman, 22, was arrested in April over allegations she gave chemotherapy drugs to her four-year-old. The girl became seriously ill and was admitted to hospital.
The case was mentioned in the Brisbane Magistrates Court this morning, where her legal aid lawyer Bradley Heilbronn consented to the prosecution's request for eight more weeks to prepare a full brief.

Mr Heilbronn did not apply for bail on behalf of his client. The mother remains in custody and was not required to appear in court.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-live-monday-july-22-2013-20130719-2q9a1.html

Does anyone have any links, I cant seem to find anything - if it went to court yesterday or not.

A mother accused of poisoning her 4yo daughter with chemo drugs has told a court she intends to plead guilty @tennewsqld #eyewitnessnews

Amber Austin-Wright (@AmberAW)
9/10/13 10:26 AM

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member