GUILTY Austria - Woman Held Captive, Had 7 Children by Father

This story is just unreal. I wonder if the woman and her children will ever be able to get over having been held captive for such a long period of time. They will need serious psychological treatment.

I don't think the wife acted as midwife; it was the father who acted as midwife, meaning he helped deliver his own children.

Not only his own child but grandchild too. Yuck!!!!!!

1) Any word on the illness which caused the daughter/granddaughter to go into a coma?

2) Didn't the grandmother/wife of SOB think that the children that were dropped off on their doorstep, the children that she raised, resembled her daughter and/or husband? I mean, genetically those kids have the DNA of two family members. Surely, there was a resemblance that made grandmother/wife of SOB wonder.

3) This is the most shocking thing I've read in a long, long time, maybe ever. It's like a trashy novel. I can't believe this is real. And, like a previous poster, I'm wondering how many girls/women are being kept in locked cellars, living their lives in terror and pain.

I agree with your number 3. I am not sure I want to know all the details of this case. This ranks right there with Shasta and Dillion.

You would have to be a totally cold-hearted b*stard to not allow them to see the light of day their whole lives. I'm amazed he took his daughter to the hospital.

But to say she was "willing" when he had them all locked and chained in the basement is just beyond belief. :behindbar

Precisely, Floh and Trino, in response to "how many DON'T we know about"... on page 1 of this thread. Heaven forbid further such diabolical things are happening right now. I tell you what ... some may believe Elizabeth is incoherent or affected by this. Well, ... she's a lot stronger than me. I could never endure 24 years of sub-terrain confinement at the brutal hands of my father. I'd surely have succumbed to chronic depression and ended my life. Bravo to Elizabeth Firtzl; as painful as that sounds.
Trino said:
My thoughts exactly. How many more are out there?

and

Yes, yes, yes! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

And finally, Mr. E ... Indeed. It's surreal; a horror story of demonic, inhumane and untold proportions ... unfathomable. MANY are considering the exact same thing as you have wondered, below. (i.e.: above posters and probably everyone else - worldwide).

To begin to tap into the truth - this will take more than one country's constabulary. It'll require citizen support of mammoth proportions.

I shudder to begin to even think ... ugh... strength to these victims.

I agree *TOTALLY*

3) This is the most shocking thing I've read in a long, long time, maybe ever. It's like a trashy novel. I can't believe this is real. And, like a previous poster, I'm wondering how many girls/women are being kept in locked cellars, living their lives in terror and pain.

Not only his own child but grandchild too. Yuck!!!!!!

Annie ... I know; impossible to compute ... This is beyond belief; yet ... a human being actually did this - to his own flesh and blood. A human being who, in the normal light of day (that they were all deprived of) and for decades, he somehow seemingly slipped into everyday society as ... "ordinary if not a tad unusual perhaps - but never a second thought.."

We've heard and seen some gory-stories here since I first joined (before the web crashes) back in 2003. My golly - this one pole-vaults above them in terms of atrocity and abuse! I saw the pic that (i think) golfmom or JBean supplied on p.1. Such a pretty, sweet, fresh young girl - I just broke looking into that lovely young face. God... 24 years ago? I was 26 ... un !@$%^# belivable.

Prayers, guys. Elizabeth needs every breath of our deepest prayers ... tonight (where I am) I'm lighting a candle for Elizabeth - feel helpless - but we ... can pray. There's powerful unity in that act alone.

Good night - be blessed. Here's Elizabeth's candle - light one, even if it's in your heart at least it's lit.

?
l l
l l
l l
l l
l_l

Goodnight, all.

Polk :blowkiss:

Clearly, what they need in Austria right now is a search of every single cellar throughout the country. Maybe on each street there could be established a committee that would take responsibility for searching that street.

Clearly, what they need in Austria right now is a search of every single cellar throughout the country. Maybe on each street there could be established a committee that would take responsibility for searching that street.

The house should have been thoroughly searched when she disappeared. It was only a small space then and was enlarged later. Someone dropped the ball on this one.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3835640.ece

The Times also found several neighbours who said that he was known as a former sex offender by older members of the community.

One 50-year-old said: "I was 10 at the time, but I remember how we children were afraid to play near Mr F’s house because of the rumours that he had raped a woman and spent some time in jail for it."

Despite Mr F’s record, it appears that he was able to persuade the social services, friends and family that Elisabeth had run away in 1984 and subsequently left the three children on his doorstep.

He is likely to face a string of charges including manslaughter or murder, rape, kidnapping, coercion and grievous bodily harm.

Colonel Polzer, the police spokesman, described Mr F as "extremely fit and in excellent physical condition" despite his age, as well as "extraordinarily sexually potent".

This just keeps getting worse . . . one of the children had epilepsy and that was the reason for the rubber room. Can you imagine never being treated . . . :behindbar

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,23615253-912,00.html

"Inside are five tiny rooms, each just 5ft 6ins high, including two bedrooms, a bathroom and a storeroom with rubber-lined walls in which one of the children, who is epileptic, would be taken whenever he had a fit."

Police would not say whether the padded room was used for more sinister purposes, but Colonel Franz Polzer, leading the investigation, said the dungeon "contained a room which made it possible for him to continue his abuse over many years".

The house should have been thoroughly searched when she disappeared. It was only a small space then and was enlarged later. Someone dropped the ball on this one.

I thought I read she was a chronic runaway. In many cases even here in the US, sometimes LE won't pay as much attention to the case either if they believe it's a runaway.

I still think there's a lot more to the story than what we've been told so far.

I am just sick and speechless. {And I haven't even read ALL the details. :( How on earth can people do this to other people.? the abuse, the horror of it all and never seeing sunshine?? :eek:

This just keeps getting worse . . . one of the children had epilepsy and that was the reason for the rubber room. Can you imagine never being treated . . . :behindbar

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,23615253-912,00.html

"Inside are five tiny rooms, each just 5ft 6ins high, including two bedrooms, a bathroom and a storeroom with rubber-lined walls in which one of the children, who is epileptic, would be taken whenever he had a fit."

Police would not say whether the padded room was used for more sinister purposes, but Colonel Franz Polzer, leading the investigation, said the dungeon "contained a room which made it possible for him to continue his abuse over many years".

From the article:
"He admitted that he locked his daughter, who was 18 at the time, in the cellar, that he repeatedly had sex with her, and that he is the father of her seven children," Polzer told The Associated Press.

I thought she was 11 when she was taken. Is this a typo, or new information?

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/04/29/austria.cellar.profile/

Clinical psychologist Dr. Kristina Downing-Orr told CNN: "What is chilling about this case is the cold, sociopathic detachment that Josef F[ritzl] went through year after year, decades even, to hide his crimes.

"It was as if there was no remorse, no empathy for his daughter, for his grandchildren, for his wife. That's what's chilling."

She said that Fritzl, who his daughter has said abused him since the age of 11, possibly didn't want the relationship to end when she turned 18 -- the age at which he first imprisoned her.

"Perhaps she would go out and have boyfriends of her own," Downing-Orr told CNN, "perhaps he was a bit afraid he would be caught, that she would go out and tell people, and that led him to imprison her in this dungeon basement."

"It's that chilling sociopathic methodology, that kind of logic, that I find particularly chilling. But fortunately it's very rare, we rarely see that kind of behavior."

More at this link: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...ody+after+insisting+he+acted+alone/article.do

1DungeonDM_468x367.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back