GUILTY Austria - Woman Held Captive, Had 7 Children by Father

I understand all the speculation on if her mother knew about her being captive. Something else I'm wondering about is, she was 11 when her father began abusing her, it certainly is understandable then that she began running away! Was her mother aware way back then about the abuse?
When she turned 18 I'm thinking the father knew if she left they couldn't legally make her come back. Poor girl had her whole entire life stolen from her, how can anyone ever recover from this :(

VB

I don't know if the mother ever knew, but here's what's really hokey to me ... no details yet, but it appears that he did have a sex crime related conviction at some time DURING their marriage. So, I would have to think that she was at the very least "put on notice" that her husband could be sexually abusive.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
newfritzlCEN_468x636.jpg

More photos at link: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/

newfritzlCEN_468x636.jpg

That photo of him on the beach in his tight swim shorts --- ewww {shudders}.

This man is insane! First, he repeatedly raped his own daughter. Then, he locked her up in a cellar room for 25 years. Then he fathered children with her, keeping some below and some above. Now we find out he left them locked up while he vacationed on the beach???

I know that the general public is not judge, jury, and executioner, that everyone deserves a trial, but how can anyone even think that this person should ever be free to roam the earth again??

What if he is incarcerated and he has other "families" hidden underground? They would be locked away forever, their fate to slowly starve to death sealed.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3841016.ece

"Doctors said today that the teenager, who has been suffering from severe cramp brought on by lack of oxygen, was still in a critical state on life support in an induced coma. No firm prognosis could be made for her."

"Meanwhile, officials in Amstetten, the small town where the Fritzl family lived, said that Mr Fritzl's offspring - Elisabeth, her children and her own grown-up siblings - would be offered new lives and
new names. "The name Fritzl has been muddied," said Hans-Heinz Lenze, head of the social services
in the town."

I also read where Elisabeth's mental and physical state is deteroriating.
EDITED TO ADD: The lack of sunlight has caused her hair and skin to be white, and her bones
are fragile. The children who've never had sunlight are in the same condition. Policemen
cried when they saw them.

This monster needs to answer for so much, but there's not a punishment on earth suitable to
achieve the kind of justice needed.

The neighbors, none of whom noticed anything unusual, are now asking lots of questions. "I was railing against the neighbors in the Kampusch case", a businessman who lives across the street told the Kurier. "Now I am in the same situation." So, perhaps, is all of Austria. "It won't be possible after this case to just go back to the usual course of things," wrote the Vienna daily Der Standard in an editorial today. "A whole country has to ask itself what it was that has gone so fundamentally wrong." View this article on Time.com

I have to wonder about this. I remember my German teacher, who was from Austria, telling me how private Austrians tend to be. She said it was as a result of WWII, & the Nazi's. Neighbors were pitted against neighbors. No one trusted anyone. As a result, people closed their shutters, to keep people from being able to eavesdrop. I think some of the impact of this is still around today.
However, I think it is more than just Austria. No one pays attention to their neighbors any more. It is probably more prevalent in some areas. As much as 'nosey neighbors' are a pain in the neck, I think we all need to be nosey at times.

It talks about his "men's vacations" to Thailand. Isn't that the place that John Mark Karr lived, perverts heaven. I wonder what he was up to there? Also, I wonder if he abused any of his kids/grandchildren?

I have not been able to bring myself to post on this story. It is truly one of the sickest, saddest stories we have ever put on this board.

Reading about all the kids meeting was almost more than I could bear. The completly differnt lives they lived in such close proximity to one another is almost impossible to wrap my mind around.

Bless this whole family and I hope they find someway to be at peace. except josef of course.

I havent read the thread just because it has made me sick watching this on the news. I have no words for that evil man who is no better than hitler himself.

Even though the mother stated she never knew about it ( Im not sure what to believe) he had to be an evil abusive SOB to be able to do this to the daughter and his kids/grandkids and she should have been aware of that.

Never seeing the sun :( they have to have rickets, gosh I just dont understand how he could do this to them. They will never be right after suffering for so long like this. My prayers are with this family that they have counseling and hope to get them to some kind of normalcy. I cried the other night listening to this story. How can someone be so cruel?

ETA- There is not a single thing I can think of with torture that would not be fit for this demon.

Informative article:
Austria: scale of the physical scars from Josef Fritzl emerges

The scale of the physical scars borne by Josef Fritzl's victims was becoming apparent today as the three children he kept imprisoned for years in a cellar were reunited with their siblings.
While three of the six children to survive from Mr Fritzl's incestuous relationship with his daughter Elisabeth were brought up as part of normal Austrian society, the others lived their lives without daylight in rooms 1.7 metres (5ft 6in) high.
The Austrian authorities revealed that all the imprisoned children have emerged with defective immune systems and suffering from vitamin D deficiency

SNIP
Of the children reared upstairs, brought up on fresh milk and used to playing in the garden, one has a heart problem that may derive from the genetic composition of her parentage. Otherwise, she and the other upstairs siblings are reported to be healthy. All were born downstairs and taken out when they were infants. The explanation offered by Mr Fritzl was that they were dumped on the doorstep by their wayward mother. One was formally adopted, the other two were classified as foster children – entitling Josef and Rosemarie Fritzl to cash benefits.
But these relatively privileged children may also have suffered psychological damage. One was a twin whose brother died three days after childbirth. The dead baby was burnt in the household incinerator by Mr Fritzl. The boy was never told that he was a twin.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3842886.ece

This has to be one of the strangest and sickest crimes I've ever heard about. This guy should spend the rest of his life in solitary confinment.
His poor daughter will never be normal.

As sick a monster as he is, I'm thankful that he still possessed enough humanity to take the daughter/granddaughter to the hospital and then to allow the daughter/mother out of the cellar after she saw the hospital appeal on the television.

The daughter who is in a coma, is undergoing renal therapy. There saying that it could be from an infection.

I believe that there was some mention in one of the recorded interviews online that Kerstin may need a kidney transplant.

I've been following this horrid story closely in the days since it emerged. A few of the reported details have varied somewhat in the news sources as often happens in a rush, but the big picture was all too soon quite clear...and at first blush, unfathomable. Unlike some others, however, I do not question how Rosemarie did not know nor do I wonder why the neighbors/community did not notice. The narcissistic criminal mind of JF knew no bounds in terms of its devious and evil machinations. It was at-work for years prior to Elisabeth's confinement in the dungeon...abusing her since age 11, grooming his wife and family to kowtow to his control and obey his commands, preparing.

That said, one has to wonder what he was planning to do initially and how so many 'details' were omitted that would be his eventual undoing...

Also curious...how he 'modified' his plans as events transpired, or failed to do so.

One question does linger for me, and that is why JF chose to release anyone at this point in time. I hardly attribute that choice to some morsel of humanity in his dark heart. Ahhh, but in the end, maybe...

I've entertained the thought that he knew the jig was up after so many years, and no longer being of robust build as the pix we see of him on his sunny vacation in Thailand, he decided to end it all, literally. I wonder about his health, if his end is near and he knew or felt it...and felt a bit of heart. Naaaah.

Beyond that and instead, I suspect he faced a bigger problem...

I believe that he recognized Kerstin would die if left untreated, and that notion alone would be the motivator. How would he dispose of her body? A newborn he could handle, but this poor girl even though frail and thin would weigh far more and her body would be a huge liability to him. The psychological repercussions in the dungeon following her death would be more than he would be able to manage, other than by shutting the door permanently...devil in the details of his plan, come to rear its ugly head.

A hint of heart, perhaps? Naaaah.

Also to consider: If he wanted to end it, and if Kerstin had not fallen so gravely ill, could he have convinced his 'upstairs' family that Elisabeth and her children had returned home after living under supposedly deplorable conditions in some kind of cult? That story seemed to work, for a little while anyway...

I suppose this case will be discussed and studied for years to come by professionals across the spectrum...but it's such an oddity, I wonder what can be learned for the 'good of all' in terms of prevention, detection, and so forth. Anomales such as this don't enlighten so much as the cases with which we are sadly familiar.

the cellar kids have had no medical or dental care.... have lost most of their teeth. all have vitamin D deficiency and are anemic.

i was thinking that IF mrs F really had no clue about the children downstairs, her world has crashed similarily to dennis rader's wife. imagine realizing your whole life has been a lie.

we'll be discussing this case for a very, very long time.

The daughter who is in a coma, is undergoing renal therapy. There saying that it could be from an infection.

Sounds like her kidneys are shutting down. I am still worried about the headaches and seizures as possibly she was asphyxiated in some way. The other really terrible possibility is compartment syndrome which is typically related to accidents or running but can manifest itself in other ways. Especially if there is an undue amount of fluid present. It can appear as an infection because of the outward symptoms but it is a compression of vital organs due to fluid buildup.Causes for this are extreme but should be looked at. In the interim we should pray for this child as that may be her only hope.

I have been reading on this story for a couple of days and I think this man, Josef Fritzl is a domineering, loud, controlling man that mirrors Hitler. He held people captive (concentration camp like) and tortured them. Fed them on his schedule or not, etc. I went to college in Austria and have been back 3 times since and have been to Mauthausen a couple of times. Mauthausen was/is a concentration camp that still stands today as an educational tool to the atrocities that occurred there. I looked up Amstetten, Austria and it was the location of a subcamp of Mauthausen. Josef Fritzl would have been only 10 yrs old during these times and he was an impressionable age. Dunno if any of this is true...just some of my thoughts. There is a man here in my town that was a Deutsche Jugend (a Hitler Youth) at 10 yrs olds.not that they necessarily saw all that horror. but..perhaps Josef Fritzl was too?? Just thinking out loud.:confused:

I agree TM...this whole story is so sick and wrong! I can't even stand to look at this 's picture!

I am even more upset by this man's comment from your link:

Albert Duvanovsk, who rented an apartment at Fritzl's property, said he had heard strange noises coming from the cellar and added: "I knew the daughter was missing and I remember my landlord having a strange fear of the police.

"I used to see him taking barrowloads of food down to the basement and the barrow would come back empty."

Why in the world do people ignore things like this??? Why don't they alert someone in authority??? I would!!!

I have been reading on this story for a couple of days and I think this man, Josef Fritzl is a domineering, loud, controlling man that mirrors Hitler. He held people captive (concentration camp like) and tortured them. Fed them on his schedule or not, etc. I went to college in Austria and have been back 3 times since and have been to Mauthausen a couple of times. Mauthausen was/is a concentration camp that still stands today as an educational tool to the atrocities that occurred there. I looked up Amstetten, Austria and it was the location of a subcamp of Mauthausen. Josef Fritzl would have been only 10 yrs old during these times and he was an impressionable age. Dunno if any of this is true...just some of my thoughts. There is a man here in my town that was a Deutsche Jugend (a Hitler Youth) at 10 yrs olds.not that they necessarily saw all that horror. but..perhaps Josef Fritzl was too?? Just thinking out loud.:confused:

No matter what shaped him he allowed it to happen. 24 years is a long time to keep someone captive.That sinks more to his lack of soul than any earthly explanation. He is evil to his core and the fact that he chose certain few of the children to live somewhat normal lives and doomed the rest shows that his out of control thinking was his control. No excuse for this man as he had all the tools necessary to become a successful business person and property owner. Yet, he deemed unnecessary and abominable control over others. He is a mockery of a human being.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donnachandler
Back