awaiting sentencing phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...highlight=Janette+Henzen-du+Toit#post10980197

Post 893

Originally Posted by 4MrsB View Post

Speaking of Janette (Janet) Henzen du Toit, her FACEBOOK account was viewable (at least the face page was) even though I am NOT a registered Facebook user. (Not sure if might be even more public for those who are.) There was a picture of her (appears to be one of those taken at a portrait studio found at the mall, with Henzen-du Toit all "dolled up"), so I know I have the right person. Items that were viewable, for non-Facebook people included her picture, along with "favorites" ....books, music, etc.

Of the TOP 4 "FAVORITE" books, she listed (3) books that IMO, were heavily weighted Christian/religious books:
"The Shack" by Wm.Paul
"The Power of Simple Prayer"
"Life Without Limbs" (authored by the gentleman born without any legs or arms. His success in life strongly linked to his relationship/influences wi God)

Not sure if Judges, Assessors influenced by their personal religious beliefs, but I imagine all influences and experiences in our lives certainly play a role in each of us and the decisions we make.

I just found it interesting that 3 of the 4 books she posted as her "favorites" were heavily influenced by the role religion plays in our lives and that one of those books was also written by a young man born with a severe and extraordinary physical handicap (no arms nor legs) and how he overcame this horrific challenge.

I just found it interesting. Peaked my interest. I am certainly not suggesting Judges/Assessors can't be religious, or atheist, or whatever ???. Anyone in a powerful, influential position such as theirs would have to be careful/aware of using the law & only the law to do their job. But after the ruling & reasoning Masipa gave for basing her verdict on, I am totally confused and disappointed in "how the judicial system works". (Have had this feeling after many verdicts here in the States as well. i.e....OJ, Casey Anthony, etc, but I always blamed the jury system. Laypersons with their many biases & emotions influencing their verdicts. Somehow I thought a Judge hearing the evidence & determining the verdict would be different.)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...pe=1&source=11

Are we getting a new thread for the sentencing phase? I sent Harmony2 a reminder last night. This thread is more than full.

Respectfully snipped for space ~

Hi all, Long time lurker here.Sorry if this may have been covered before and I'm also sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Anyway, Just me thinking out loud, Its 3:25am here in the UK and I'm probably over thinking at this late hour.

Hi and :welcome: JayBee,

I hope you stay and share your thoughts about the sentencing and beyond :)

Wow, I had never noticed the bed had stain but the sheet did not. If it is a blood stain, it could be from another source. I'm not sure but it would be awful if the forensics team missed this as well. :/

Defence lawyer Barry Roux has called the third witness, Peet van Zyl - Pistorius' long-time manager.

He is reeling off a list of charitable work that Pistorius has done.

These include supporting the British Leonard Cheshire disability charity.

van Zyl: "He was very active in these events and attend various events in South Africa for local charities and for global charities like Unicef.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...sentencing-live-updates-4428838#ixzz3G1OouBfC
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

The social worker said Oscar Pistorius "be placed under house arrest for the duration of his sentence."

He said, however, that one condition is that he should be declared unfit to possess firearms.

"The accused's behaviour generally is socially acceptable," he said.

He recommended that Pistorius be made to service 16 hours of community service a month.

This would involve 'general work' at the Transvaal Museum.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...sentencing-live-updates-4428838#ixzz3G1QaOWxc
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Think we need to be talking about the 2004 Firearm-Control Legislation especially the strict Competency Certificate and exam. It is important, well written and clear. The fact is that Pistorius recently passed the competence exam. Proving his understanding of the legal use of firearms and therefore showing he could foresee the resulting death of a human shot four times in small quarters with that type of expanding ammunition. I hope this can be used in aggravating circumstances as he has shown illegality and disregard for the legislation in both Tasha and C.Homicide verdicts.

http://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/southafrica.php

This is one of a number of things that I expected Nel to highlight when closing, yet he did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member