AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe, 15 Jun 2013 - #8

Hi friends :wave: busy week for me, but marking my spot and thanking you all for the updates. Hope they find the perp or perps soon. :grouphug:

I truly hope they have a POI and are building their case. I hope Adrienne tells the ME what happened to her and who did it. Adrienne can solve this, if the evidence is still with her or found at the recovery site or the journey from where she was dumped to the recovery site.

I've been reading the police report this morning and there are a few things that I have questions on. Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but there are a lot of threads. I have read them, but there is A LOT of info in there. So please bear with me, and point out what has already been discussed/cleared.

#1: Roommate (RF) states that she did not know know that Adrienne had left after she went upstairs the first time until someone told her later. She also states that Adrienne is bad at texting and wasn't concerned that she didn't answer and usually doesn't talk to people when she's upset. However, it was the same roommate who was called by the boyfriend to locate her on her walk home after jumping out of the boyfriends are and who found her in the grass in the apartment complex "calmly upset" and told her everything (in the police report, the officer described it "as previously reported"). It sounds like Adrienne talked to this roommate and confided in her. What really stuck out was the verbage "as previously reported". How would there not be more details that Adrienne would give her friend that wouldn't be the same as what the boyfriend said/knew? Wouldn't she tell her WHY she walked out of his apartment when he was "getting air". Wouldn't she tell WHY she got out of his car? Wouldn't the roommate ask, since she was the one called by the boyfriend to find her in the first place?

#2 The timeline. The roommate who shares the bedroom with Adrienne (AD) had a pretty good timeline. At 2:30 she was with the male friend in the bedroom with the door locked and Adrienne couldn't get in which was corroborated by the statement by the other roommate (RF) who says that she saw Adrienne around 2:30am in the grass. Roommate (AD) states she saw Adrienne at apx when she went upstairs. But the phone call from the boyfriend to the roommate (RF) shown to the officer was at 3:22. Maybe the officer saw wrong because there are other things in the police report that seem to be erroneous. Or maybe the boyfriends phone is off an hour. If thats the case, then all the phone messages would also be off, the 11 calls, the text saying "I'm coming over". What really bugs me is that the official timeline from the police (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...072413timeline-released.jpg.html?sort=6&o=106) is based off this call time, but at apx 3am both roommates state she was at the house already, back from the boyfriends house.

Just seems odd to me. There's more, but I have to go to work now. See you all later.

I've been reading the police report this morning and there are a few things that I have questions on. Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but there are a lot of threads. I have read them, but there is A LOT of info in there. So please bear with me, and point out what has already been discussed/cleared.

#1: Roommate (RF) states that she did not know know that Adrienne had left after she went upstairs the first time until someone told her later. She also states that Adrienne is bad at texting and wasn't concerned that she didn't answer and usually doesn't talk to people when she's upset. However, it was the same roommate who was called by the boyfriend to locate her on her walk home after jumping out of the boyfriends are and who found her in the grass in the apartment complex "calmly upset" and told her everything (in the police report, the officer described it "as previously reported"). It sounds like Adrienne talked to this roommate and confided in her. What really stuck out was the verbage "as previously reported". How would there not be more details that Adrienne would give her friend that wouldn't be the same as what the boyfriend said/knew? Wouldn't she tell her WHY she walked out of his apartment when he was "getting air". Wouldn't she tell WHY she got out of his car? Wouldn't the roommate ask, since she was the one called by the boyfriend to find her in the first place?

#2 The timeline. The roommate who shares the bedroom with Adrienne (AD) had a pretty good timeline. At 2:30 she was with the male friend in the bedroom with the door locked and Adrienne couldn't get in which was corroborated by the statement by the other roommate (RF) who says that she saw Adrienne around 2:30am in the grass. Roommate (AD) states she saw Adrienne at apx when she went upstairs. But the phone call from the boyfriend to the roommate (RF) shown to the officer was at 3:22. Maybe the officer saw wrong because there are other things in the police report that seem to be erroneous. Or maybe the boyfriends phone is off an hour. If thats the case, then all the phone messages would also be off, the 11 calls, the text saying "I'm coming over". What really bugs me is that the official timeline from the police (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...072413timeline-released.jpg.html?sort=6&o=106) is based off this call time, but at apx 3am both roommates state she was at the house already, back from the boyfriends house.

Just seems odd to me. There's more, but I have to go to work now. See you all later.

I started "bolding" your post and what the heck............you can't get very far in that report without having to double check yourself. There's issues with time. Some people chalk it up as a typo by the responding LE, roomates not being in a state of mind to recall, maybe someone's phone, video camera, etc., wasn't properly set. There's time and place issues with BF's call to roomates at 3:22 and accident at 3:44, where the vehicle turned at (a dead end) and where it was found, clothes she was or was not wearing, wallet gone, wallet in the room. The copies of the LE report were posted a day or 2 before it was announced Adrienne had been found. BF was cleared BEFORE she was found, Sgt. Pooley has said EVERYONE is being looked at, even those who were cleared, AGAIN.
I have to believe that LE got the phone records and latter added them as addendum's to the report and haven't released them to the public. You'll also notice that any mention of the AMPM, their employees, the surveillance cameras, etc, ARE NOT INCLUDED. The Circle K, Starbuck's, and O'Reilly's, the 3 businesses on that intersection are all investigated.......
I'm just working backwards from the recovery site.
If you go back to the previous thread, the LE report is discussed pretty thoroughly. It's was exercise in frustration for me, so I just dropped it.
JMO

I've been trying to post but have been unsuccessful. For two days I've been reading about this case. What's unbelievable to me is that Adrienne called a cab company in Scottsdale while she was in Tempe. After I read it would be a forty dollar cab ride, her action puzzled me more. If she had been drinking, by 4:30 a.m. she'd be sobering up - especially after the mishap with her car. Was she known to drive fast and recklessly? Was her action of speeding away in her car typical behavior?

Did LE say whether or not they found the little bag that she packed, leaving her makeup behind (what girl does that?), before heading out the door the first time? Where did the story about her returning to her apartment a second time, after she abandoned her car, originate?

I can't help wondering if AS had ever used a cab service before or why she'd be so intent on seeing her long time bf that night. I'm sure she'd been through the same kind of turmoil with him a hundred times before.

Also, because he was stood up, I believe the cab driver would remember this particular call since it was the last one of his shift and was going to bring a healthy fare. I'm surprised he didn't complain about it to somebody just to blow off steam.

2585759_G.jpg

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22605864/2013/06/16/missing-adrienne-salinas

GGE's Case Map

AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas Media and Timeline Thread **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Verified Insider: cab guy

Previous Threads
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

Hi Cat,

Can you please link thread #7 above? TIA :)

It's been over a week now since it was reported there would be findings from the Medical Examiners office regarding Adrienne's COD, etc. I am wondering how soon, providing they have concluded their testing, they will release this info to the media. This must be a somewhat complicated issue, in a potentially criminal investigation (I say potential since it hasn't been officially declared a homicide) where there is a body involved that family is waiting for info and to bury and for clues and all that.
As I understand it the body belongs to the medical examiner while all the other evidence belongs to the investigators. And I also read that they basically work nonstop on the autopsy, including weekends and holidays. They only stop at night. I suppose this is because of the state of deterioration and I would imagine that any efforts at preservation could affect their ability to test tissues, blood, cells, etc.
This seems so grotesque to me I can hardly believe I'm writing it but I want so badly for them to determine as much as they possibly can that it has captured my imagination.
I do think they will be able to determine COD. From what I have read there are numerous ways to do that even in a body in this decomposed state. As I mentioned in a post above, the Lindbergh baby was found after 78 days. That's approximately 22 days longer than Adrienne was out there. And they were able to tell how the baby died and if it was alive or dead when the blow to the skull occurred. Even in that advanced state of decomposition they were able to find a small blood clot. That was 80 years ago. Surely with today's more advanced technology the MEs will be able to arrive at a much better conclusion than in 1932. At least I would think so.
I do not personally think a random perp would have gone to the trouble of driving her out to AJ and burying or dumping her body in Weeks wash. I think they would have just put her in the nearest dumpster, if that even. I do think that some of the things we are hearing from family may be brought on because of conversations with LE and this may be why the aunt was quoted recently as saying they believe it was someone that Adrienne knew. I think only someone who would think they could be somehow tied into this would have gone to this trouble to dispose of her body.
And that somewhat narrows down the field.
We should be getting answers as to COD soon and I have a feeling they are going to lead to an immediate arrest.

Well here's another case where we really don't know who was using AS's phone during the later hours. Anybody who had access to her phone could have sent texts from it since nobody had actually spoken to her since around 2:30 a.m., right?

If I was sitting on the side of the road in a broken car and bf didn't respond, I'd call somebody else - roomies, daddy, somebody. Who said she walked home after that? Did she carry her little bag back to the apartment? Why not get a few hours of shut eye at that point? Was she known to act maniacally? If so, then that's another story. No reports of that though.

Also somebody said the party ended at 5:00 a.m. Who was still there at that time? Of course, nobody remembers seeing AS but the party was still in progress - makes no sense.

All the boys/men at that party need to be grilled imo.
It's hard not to notice who possessed the hotness factor of the girls we've seen. Adrienne not only seems as if she was sweet but she was very pretty as well. I don't think it would have been a problem for her to attract a new boyfriend if she had wanted too. Somebody could have set their eyes upon her too.

Well here's another case where we really don't know who was using AS's phone during the later hours. Anybody who had access to her phone could have sent texts from it since nobody had actually spoken to her since around 2:30 a.m., right?

If I was sitting on the side of the road in a broken car and bf didn't respond, I'd call somebody else - roomies, daddy, somebody. Who said she walked home after that? Did she carry her little bag back to the apartment? Why not get a few hours of shut eye at that point? Was she known to act maniacally? If so, then that's another story. No reports of that though.

Hi! LE does know she returned to her apt following the accident at sometime that morning and also brought back the bag she had previously been seen taking to her BFs place. They know she changed clothes. Supposedly no one, not even a mouse, saw her. It is questionable what time she actually went back to her apt since all calls in that general area would ping from the same tower. It's not like there's a tower on every corner. Most speculate she went back to the apt in between the accident and walking to the AMPM sometime between 3:44 and 5:00am. I think I am the only one who has considered that she may have actually gone back to her apt after that time, if she had decided to ditch the cab and not go to BFs after all. It makes sense to me that this could be why no one saw her. The party was over and her roomies were either crashed or gone.
But someone saw her if this was the case. Who, besides guests at the party, knew she lived there and was in distress? There is a reason she didn't have her wallet or makeup or keys with her. She was no longer planning to go to BFs.
Did she go home and changed clothes and then she opened the door to a very angry person? For all we know she had changed into her sleeping attire. JMO just trying to imagine that morning in a little different light. IMO

Also somebody said the party ended at 5:00 a.m. Who was still there at that time? Of course, nobody remembers seeing AS but the party was still in progress - makes no sense.

All the boys/men at that party need to be grilled imo.
It's hard not to notice who possessed the hotness factor of the girls we've seen. Adrienne not only seems as if she was sweet but she was very pretty as well. I don't think it would have been a problem for her to attract a new boyfriend if she had wanted too. Somebody could have set their eyes upon her too.

Yes that is an excellent observation. Adrienne was by far the prettiest girl at the party I would imagine. And I have a feeling the ratio of guys to girls would be more in favor of guys so yes there were probably lots of guys there who could have been interested in Adrienne. One in particular was mentioned in the police report as having a crush on her.
Another possibility I have considered is that if she did in fact ditch the cab and then went home and changed clothes she might have waited until the coast was clear and headed back to the area of the AMPM store and Circle K to get something to eat. It's doubtful they had much in the way of food at the apt. IMO
She might have even been at the Circle K after 6:00am. This isn't really a stretch since no one has said they saw her.
But wait! In the police report didn't the delivery gut at CK say he saw a woman at the microwave?
Maybe LE should look at the surveillance videos AFTER 6:00 am since they only looked at the ones from 4:00am to 6:00am. JMO

Hi! LE does know she returned to her apt following the accident at sometime that morning and also brought back the bag she had previously been seen taking to her BFs place. They know she changed clothes. Supposedly no one, not even a mouse, saw her. It is questionable what time she actually went back to her apt since all calls in that general area would ping from the same tower. It's not like there's a tower on every corner. Most speculate she went back to the apt in between the accident and walking to the AMPM sometime between 3:44 and 5:00am. I think I am the only one who has considered that she may have actually gone back to her apt after that time, if she had decided to ditch the cab and not go to BFs after all. It makes sense to me that this could be why no one saw her. The party was over and her roomies were either crashed or gone.
But someone saw her if this was the case. Who, besides guests at the party, knew she lived there and was in distress? There is a reason she didn't have her wallet or makeup or keys with her. She was no longer planning to go to BFs.
Did she go home and changed clothes and then she opened the door to a very angry person? For all we know she had changed into her sleeping attire. JMO just trying to imagine that morning in a little different light. IMO

Now I remember reading about the possibility that she had come home and stayed awhile. The whole calling a cab thing sounds off to me.
Afterall she didn't have two dimes to rub together. It's almost as if someone was setting up a coverup situation - bringing another element into the situation in order to cause confusion. She owned a car that was now broken but is it customary for young peeps to use cabs in Arizona? Sounds so weird that she'd be that desparate to see bf (a guy she'd known since 6th grade) immediately. It's not like he was going anywhere soon. If she was in a tizzy over another girl, I think the accident would have triggered a bigger concern for her at that time.

That said, I have no idea what actually happened. In Mickey Shunick's case I was certain that somebody known to her had harmed her. It turned out she was randomly plucked off the street, while riding her bike home, by a stranger danger rapist bad guy. Statistics show, more often than not, that women are killed by someone close to them. That's not always true. As a matter of fact, lots of cases don't turn out that way or they remain unsolved. Infuriating.

I know I am in the minority but I completely believed A called the cab and was that desperate to continue the fight and/or make up. Also probably upset by the wreck, maybe wanted to blame the BF for making her so upset that she crashed, or get him to comfort her. I also believe, at this point, that she ran into a predator, known to her or otherwise, but not necessarily anything to do with the party. JMO

I know I am in the minority but I completely believed A called the cab and was that desperate to continue the fight and/or make up. Also probably upset by the wreck, maybe wanted to blame the BF for making her so upset that she crashed, or get him to comfort her. I also believe, at this point, that she ran into a predator, known to her or otherwise, but not necessarily anything to do with the party. JMO

We all know you adamantly and fervently believe this. And it could be exactly what happened. But please do allow us to explore the possibility of other scenarios as well since no one really knows, at this point, what really happened. For now, our guess is really as good as yours.
No one here is forgetting her seeming desperation to get to her BFs place or that a random perp might have snatched her up.
To explore other theories is not in any way a dismissal of yours.
JMO

How can we start a national campaign for young women to take better care of themselves? I'm sickened by these cases that could have been avoided if different choices were made by the victim. Another factor is that young people feel invincible and don't like (no, hate) being told what to do.

Girls should not be wandering around alone at night under any circumstances. They just shouldn't do it, period. I'm so sad that another beautiful young woman lost her life for reasons unknown.

Now I remember reading about the possibility that she had come home and stayed awhile. The whole calling a cab thing sounds off to me.
Afterall she didn't have two dimes to rub together. It's almost as if someone was setting up a coverup situation - bringing another element into the situation in order to cause confusion. She owned a car that was now broken but is it customary for young peeps to use cabs in Arizona? Sounds so weird that she'd be that desparate to see bf (a guy she'd known since 6th grade) immediately. It's not like he was going anywhere soon. If she was in a tizzy over another girl, I think the accident would have triggered a bigger concern for her at that time.

That said, I have no idea what actually happened. In Mickey Shunick's case I was certain that somebody known to her had harmed her. It turned out she was randomly plucked off the street, while riding her bike home, by a stranger danger rapist bad guy. Statistics show, more often than not, that women are killed by someone close to them. That's not always true. As a matter of fact, lots of cases don't turn out that way or they remain unsolved. Infuriating.

The fact that she would call a cab and not have the money to pay for it has stumped me as well. I've never really bought into the theory that there might have been a cover up and others making fake calls using her phone etc. but it is something that really could have happened I suppose.
There are all kinds of possibilities but I like Occam's razor the best!
I do think she called the cab. And I also think she ditched it. I think I know what might have happened after that but I do know with certainty I'm not allowed to post it here. JMO

It's been over a week now since it was reported there would be findings from the Medical Examiners office regarding Adrienne's COD, etc. I am wondering how soon, providing they have concluded their testing, they will release this info to the media. This must be a somewhat complicated issue, in a potentially criminal investigation (I say potential since it hasn't been officially declared a homicide) where there is a body involved that family is waiting for info and to bury and for clues and all that.
As I understand it the body belongs to the medical examiner while all the other evidence belongs to the investigators. And I also read that they basically work nonstop on the autopsy, including weekends and holidays. They only stop at night. I suppose this is because of the state of deterioration and I would imagine that any efforts at preservation could affect their ability to test tissues, blood, cells, etc.
This seems so grotesque to me I can hardly believe I'm writing it but I want so badly for them to determine as much as they possibly can that it has captured my imagination.
I do think they will be able to determine COD. From what I have read there are numerous ways to do that even in a body in this decomposed state. As I mentioned in a post above, the Lindbergh baby was found after 78 days. That's approximately 22 days longer than Adrienne was out there. And they were able to tell how the baby died and if it was alive or dead when the blow to the skull occurred. Even in that advanced state of decomposition they were able to find a small blood clot. That was 80 years ago. Surely with today's more advanced technology the MEs will be able to arrive at a much better conclusion than in 1932. At least I would think so.
I do not personally think a random perp would have gone to the trouble of driving her out to AJ and burying or dumping her body in Weeks wash. I think they would have just put her in the nearest dumpster, if that even. I do think that some of the things we are hearing from family may be brought on because of conversations with LE and this may be why the aunt was quoted recently as saying they believe it was someone that Adrienne knew. I think only someone who would think they could be somehow tied into this would have gone to this trouble to dispose of her body.
And that somewhat narrows down the field.
We should be getting answers as to COD soon and I have a feeling they are going to lead to an immediate arrest.

From Pima County Medical Examiner's site (FAQ's): (http://webcms.pima.gov/government/medical_examiner/

"18. How long does it take to receive an autopsy report?
Most autopsy reports are completed and are generally available to the public within 6 to 8 weeks. In certain cases, particularly those that require extensive additional testing, this may take significantly longer.
19. Why is it taking so long to get results?
While the actual autopsy rarely takes longer than a few hours, the follow-up analysis, studies, tests, and consultations may take several weeks. Following the completion of the autopsy, the findings must be dictated, transcribed, proofread, and then signed. Additional studies such as toxicology , histology (microscopic analysis) and microbiology cultures are not done on site and are sent out to a contracted forensic laboratory. When completed, materials are returned for interpretation and are incorporated into the final results."

The ME in Pima County deals with a lot of the bodies of illegals found in the desert. IMO, they're probably the best when identifying COD with remains exposed to the elements in Southern Arizona. Quite possibly, LE might already have the initial COD, and knew of it BEFORE they announced the positive ID. The ME had the remains for over a week at that time. The METHOD of death might still be in the investigative stage. But....there may be a bullet, a garrote, restraints, rope, indications of knife penetration, duct tape......
I think the ME was able to give LE a pretty good idea about a general TOD and any apparent cause within the first 48 hours of the examination. They wouldn't have a reason to go public with it if they have suspects they're concentrating on and didn't want to tip their hand. Wasn't it 9 days for an announcement of a positive ID? How many other cases have any of you followed, where there is a "Known Missing" in a area where a body is found, similar in almost every aspect, and it takes 9 days for a positive ID? And Tempe was the only jurisdiction that had a missing that was in any way similar, so you didn't have 2 or 3 other jurisdictions clamoring to the site and paperwork by AJ LE being done 2 or 3 times over in triplicate.
It seems that only the effected jurisdictions where contacted, AJ LE, Pinal CSO, and Tempe LE. All the rest are investigative support, the FBI, Pima County ME, private Search and Rescue, etc. All they need is the jurisdictional LE of the perp, if it isn't covered already by the existing agencies.
JMO, OMO, MOO.......

How can we start a national campaign for young women to take better care of themselves? I'm sickened by these cases that could have been avoided if different choices were made by the victim. Another factor is that young people feel invincible and don't like (no, hate) being told what to do.

Girls should not be wandering around alone at night under any circumstances. They just shouldn't do it, period. I'm so sad that another beautiful young woman lost her life for reasons unknown.

I would be more than willing to participate in such a campaign and I wholeheartedly agree with every word you have just posted. These are dangerous times and it is a dangerous world we live in. They teach sex education in schools (for whatever good that does) but they should also be teaching personal safety education. These kids just don't get it. No matter how many times their parents tell them to be careful it doesn't seem to soak in. And all it takes is letting your guard down just one time. One time is all it takes. :(

Stating my opinion does not take away from any opinions anyone else may have.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back