GUILTY AZ - Ame Deal, 10, suffocated in footlocker, Phoenix, 12 July 2011

I could never see this stuff going on and not report it... NEVER! Just the mere thought of it makes me sick to my stomach.

Wait.... what?!

Also living at the house
was David Deal, 51, who told The Republic that he is Ame's father. He declined to comment further.
WHAT indeed. More like "what the BLEEEP!" Not much of a father. I can't believe it - sounds like a lot of people saw something bad was going on and could have called it in but didn't.

Unfortunately it won't end as long as we keep giving these creeps a mere slap on the wrist. Prosecution and sentencing reflects just how seriously we take child abuse in this country and it reflects poorly - just look at the recent acquittal of Casey child-killer Anthony. That about says it all IMO.
I will be following this. Hopefully these people will get the appropriate punishment. I really hope they don't let the aunt and grandmother off too easy. They don't seem to be charged with murder, but IMO they should be. I would hate to see them get just probation or a short jail stay.

When first questioned, the family members told police that Deal had climbed into the box and suffocated while playing hide-and-seek, police said.

That was the account Stoltzmann gave to CNN affiliate KNXV-TV on July 13, the day after family members reported finding the body.

"I don't break down well in front of other people, but when I'm by myself, I can lose it real easy," Stoltzmann said. "She was an awesome hider, let me tell you. ... There were places she would squeeze into that I didn't think my dog could squeeze into."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/29/arizona.girl.killed/

Stoltzmann was Ame's legal guardian and charged with child abuse and kidnapping.

Rest in peace you little beauty.

Can't help but of course think of my own daughter who is almost 10 years old.... It's normal to grab whatever you want out of the fridge... Poor thing probably wet her bed because of all the flippin crazies living there. She had no chance. I'm just so glad the truth came out.

My god.

It didn't have to be this way for poor Ame. It never should have been this way for poor Ame.

Bless her heart. :-(

I do not understand why these things happen. I have sister-in-law who lost her only son to an brain aneurysm (sp) when he was nine. He died at school and she still suffers. I have 5 children and cannot imagine anything happening to mine. It would kill me. And then we have people who do not appreciate, let alone love, their children.

I have trouble believing in a god who allows children to be killed by their parents, and takes children who are loved from their good parents. I have heard the free will argument. What about Ame's will? Was her will not as important as her caregivers? Was it Ame's will to die locked in a box for eating a popsicle?

I heard on HLN the Aunt had adopted her? Does she have legal custody or had she adopted her meaning she was her mom not Aunt? This makes a big difference when people are asking where her parents was. If she was adopted by the Aunt then her parent was there and her parent killed her.People really make me sick.

They need to lock these so called adults up and throw the key away . Treat them as they treated this angel. They also need to lock every single person up that knew of the abuse and did not report it. Every single person that seen it and did and said nothing. Lock em up.

I and I am sorry if anyone disagree's with me about the " Aunt" being the mom but if she did adopt her she is the mom . I was once a aunt to four children that I have adopted the four and they are my children and I am their mom legally and in every way I am no longer their Aunt and it is so offensive everytime I hear someone say Oh well the child was their niece etc and they adopted them no big deal they are still just aunt or uncle etc. Granted this lady never acted as a " mom" to this child but legally she was her mom and legally I hope she fries along with all of them.

The pure and total agony this poor little child suffered for weeks and weeks with these monsters! They weren't feeding her but they were sure feeding themselves! Smearing her face with dog feces, locking her in the shower stall, lockers, etc. Forcing her to run in circles.

What destroys my faith in humankind is that the neighbors were not surprised about her death!!!!!!!!!!!!! They saw some of what they making her do!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHY WASN'T it REPORTED?????????????????????????????????????

This one truly brings back all the horror of Caylee which I had to step away from. And Zahra.....

I'm going to be horribly sick.

I just came to see if this was posted .
Almost crying here reading this
I cannot believe this little girl suffered like this
So sad so terrible
Heartbreaking ..I would have taken her in a second . Did you see her smile?
She looked so sweet and she went thru so much and these people watched it .
OMG

We need to "join up" with BeanE's thread. Anybody notified a mod?

We need to "join up" with BeanE's thread. Anybody notified a mod?

I haven't but I can since I started this one - sorry, I didn't look at the other forum since it involved a child and when I typed in the title, it didn't come up. :seeya:

ETA: Done.

I haven't but I can since I started this one - sorry, I didn't look at the other forum since it involved a child and when I typed in the title, it didn't come up. :seeya:

ETA: Done.

Thanks! I've only posted on this one but figured the more the merrier.

This breaks my heart, this could have been prevented!! Those neighbors should have called for help, they should have went and spoke to the neighbors when they seen Ame was being abused and reported everything to the police, cps etc. I don't understand how people stand back and watch and do nothing. All kids take food from the fridge my son is 10 and helps himself and my daughter is almost 4 and she does the same with my help of course. I'm so upset by this, Ame was in hell. may she RIP and spread those wings fly high and eat all the food she wants and sleep on those big comfy pillow clouds!

I literally had to go and cry earlier reading this
Looking at Ame's face and her smile just breaks my heart
Even now it is coming again
That poor baby
Please let there be peace for this little girl

Shirley Deal fled from what she described as an abusive household several years ago, only to learn Friday that the 10-year-old daughter she left behind perished in that same household.

Deal, 38, of Iola, Kan., said in an emotional interview that she did not learn about her daughter Ame's July 12 death from what police allege was abuse until a friend notified her via Facebook on Friday.

Another friend then directed her to an Arizona Republic story online that outlined what happened to Ame in a south Phoenix home earlier this month.

"I read the newspaper, and it made me so upset," she said, weeping and sobbing.

"They just need to go to jail for life or get lethal injection," she said.

"That's what they need because of what they did to my 10-year-old baby. My baby!"

They lived for a time in Ogden, Utah, where, according to Phoenix police, they were investigated on suspicion of child abuse.

Then, a little more than a year ago, they moved to Phoenix.

Police said life in the Phoenix house was pandemonium, with children getting little supervision and Ame bearing the brunt of terrible abuse.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...hoenix-girl-death-ame-deal-mother-speaks.html

ame2z.jpg

A mother is speaking out as her son is accused of first-degree murder and of being a participant in a long series of torturous abuse that lead to the death of a young Phoenix girl earlier this month.

Mary Jo Allen issued a statement Friday after her son, 23-year old John Allen, and his wife Samantha were arrested for the death of 10-year-old Ame Deal.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...uspect-in-girl's-murder-shocks-his-own-family

ame3h.jpg

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/phoenix/police-4-people-arrested-in-childs-death-07282011

I have to agree with the outrage at the neighbors who are saying they saw them torturing Ame and did nothing.
I would have videotaped it, called 911... made sure cops knew this was not the first time, called CPS and been persistent.
They had way more evidence and witnesses to work with than we did in Utah. They could have rescued her.

We really need to keep a close out for kids who may be enduring this kind of abuse, and call it in to social services when we have suspicions, so it can be checked out, and the child rescued if something is going on.

I will admit to being hesitant the last 2 years to call things in unless I can get it on video.

Because we did call. To make sure they took it seriously, we didn't even do it anonymously.

Abuse and neglect was clear and acknowledged. We thought that Ame was going to be rescued and put with a good family.

We thought we had helped a child, not signed her death certificate.

I will never forgot the rage, despair, helplessness, panic and disbelief that I felt upon hearing: "They have moved out of the state."

What was Ame being put through because others had cared? Because others had reported them?

I assumed she would likely be punished for our actions and I was physically sick for weeks. I had nightmares... for months.

I wish nobody had ever called. Because she likely just became more of a target after that.

By the time Ame died she had certainly forgotten the few kind actions that she experienced.

Nothing anybody did made a single bit of difference to this little girl.

She was still abused.
Starved.
Neglected.
Trapped.
Tortured.
Murdered.

At least Ame doesn't have to deal with the monsters anymore.
I just wish that she had been rescued and experienced life without them.

There is a very small comfort... in knowing that at least there is a record of abuse. If that's allowed in maybe it will help convict them.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/07/29/20110729phoenix-girl-abuse-life.html#ixzz1TZYs8sEm

"There is a court record of child abuse from Utah,
which we have seen," Crump said, though he did not have details.

Arizona court records indicate Ame was listed as an "abused, neglected child" in Utah.

Abuse records, however, are rarely made public, and officials in both states declined to comment on the case.

her mother fled from an abusive household but left her daughter Ame there?

pfffft ... Ame was failed by her too then ...

Myheart breaks for her. the seemingly common theme here is the "homeschooling" as a means to keep the abuse under wraps. I know there has to be a way to keep track of these children -if John Walsh can start an index for abducted children - cant we find a way to have a national database of home schooled children and make it a requirement that those children must be somehow monitered? There has to be a way...there has to be a method somehow

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back