GUILTY AZ - Dale Harrell, 34, beaten to death, Gilbert, 14 Jan 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 1m

We are back in session and a computer expert is on. He found stuff on #MarissaDevault computer

Computer expert-

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 3m
He found a doc called "Stanley Doc..finally had a memory breakthrough" It's the confession (fake one) #MarissaDevault

Trial Diva Sharee™ ‏@TrialDivasS 2m
Doc's saved to thumb drive were titled #MarissaDevault

The doc was called "Stanley Confession...what finally happened that night, memory breakthrough" dated Feb 9th #MarissaDevault

Trial Diva Sharee™ ‏@TrialDivasS 3m
Def asks detective if there is any way to tell if documents were printed on her laptop...#MarissaDevault shakes her head yes lol

The doc "What really happened that night" was printed & Stan's confession dwere both printed on 2/09/09 #MarissaDevault on diff computers

The doc was printed from another computer #MarissaDevault

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 8m
Computer guy says he can't prove who wrote the document #MarissaDevault

Trial Diva Sharee™ ‏@TrialDivasS 7m
Def asks if the detective can prove who actually accessed the computer and wrote the documents...detective says no #MarissaDevault

Trial Diva Sharee™ ‏@TrialDivasS 1m
A cellphone linked to #MarissaDevault had pics and text msgs were extracted from it, Marissa tells her defense she wants to see the pics

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 2m
We have a jury question....#MarissaDeVault

How many user account on the tower and what were the names? #MarissaDevault

Jury ? #1: How many user accounts were located on comp tower & what were their names Answr: 2 user accts Allen & test #MarissaDevault

Jury ? #2: Were both files both created on Feb 9th, if not when were they created to the best of your knowledge Answr: Yes #MarissaDevault

Another questions was about the "Stan confession doc" and when it was created. It was created Feb 9th, 2009 #MarissaDevault

Article by every WS'ers favorite "journalist"- :facepalm:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...e-doesnt-remember-gilbert-hammer-killing.html

Marissa DeVault roommate: ‘I don’t remember’ hammer-killing

By Michael Kiefer The Republic | azcentral.com Tue Mar 4, 2014 6:36 PM

Stanley Cook may be the only living witness to the claw hammer attack that caused Dale Harrell’s death.

But he doesn’t remember.

Harrell’s wife, Marissa DeVault, is charged with first-degree murder for killing her husband; she could face the death penalty if convicted.

Cook, who lived with DeVault and Harrell, apparently witnessed the attack and may even have taken a hammer out of DeVault’s hand to stop her from hitting Harrell in the head with it. And in the days and weeks after the murder, Cook tried to take the blame for the killing. Police didn’t believe him.

But when he took the witness stand Tuesday in Maricopa County Superior Court, Cook couldn’t recall a thing.

“I don’t remember that night,” he said under questioning by prosecutor Michelle Arino. “It was five years ago. I have trouble remembering last week.”

Cook, it was explained in court, has organic brain damage, which robs him of his memory. It was not explained what caused the damage.

He speaks intelligently, with a voice that sounds educated. But his pursed lips, scrunched brow and nervous laughter belie the fact that he can’t remember much.

According to police and prosecutors, and as borne out in testimony and court argument, DeVault, 36, attacked Harrell with the claw hammer in the bedroom of their Gilbert home on January 14, 2009. She claimed that he was abusive, that he had choked her and forced himself on her sexually.

Among the few statements that prosecutors got out of Cook on Tuesday was that he didn’t think Harrell was abusive to DeVault.

And when Cook was asked if he ever saw Harrell abuse DeVault’s and Harrell’s three children, he answered, “Probably not; if I had seen it, I would have stopped it.”

Prosecutors believe that DeVault killed Harrell, 34, for insurance money, in part to pay off more than $360,000 she had borrowed from a man she met on a website that matches “sugar daddies” to women who are in financial need.

DeVault’s sugar daddy, Allen Flores, has so far been the prosecution’s primary witness. He was on the witness stand Monday, detailing the monies DeVault owed him, the threats she supposedly made about killing her husband, and her constant explanations as to why she couldn’t pay Flores back.

In exchange for his testimony, Flores was granted immunity from prosecution for possession of child *advertiser censored* and as an accessory to the crime. Among other things, Flores helped Cook craft his bogus confession letter, which was intended to help DeVault actually claim the insurance money for Harrell’s injuries and subsequent death.

Cook was also granted immunity.

Harrell did not die immediately. In fact, he was recovering from the brain injuries, but had been weakened by a stroke and two heart attacks when he died of a pulmonary embolism, a blood clot to the lungs, three weeks after the attack. A medical examiner testified to those facts Tuesday morning.

On Tuesday, while the jury was out of the court room, Judge Roland Steinle debated with Arino and her co-prosecutor, Eric Basta, over whether Cook should testify at all, given his disability. Basta said that the state had monitored calls from Cook to DeVault while she was in jail and felt that he did remember details.

Cook could not recall them on the stand. Nor could he recall much of anything. He said over and over, “I’m not sure, I don’t remember, I’m guessing, most likely, probably, apparently,” and even, “I’m only assuming, based on that I was apparently there.”

When asked who helps him remember things, he answered, “That would be the people around me or no one at all.”

Then when asked specifically if Marissa DeVault fills him in on information, he answered, “Yes, but so does Wikipedia.”

DeVault’s lead attorney, Alan Tavassoli, asked Cook if he remembered him.

“You look familiar, but I can’t place your name,” Cook said. “I can’t remember my own lawyer’s name.”

Cook did remember that the day before he had been granted immunity for his testimony, however.

Trial continues Wednesday.

Detective is off the stand and prosecution wants Flores on stand next #MarissaDevault

OK Flores and the Pepsi are back on the stand #MarissaDevault

He's back and so is his #BigGulp Flores takes the stand again #MarissaDevault

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 2m
Basta forgot to ask him a few questions...#MarissaDevault

How much money did you give her that wasn't on spreadsheet? About $25,000 a year for flowers, hotels, trips etc #MarissaDevault

Flores says he spent an additional $20,000 - $25,000 per year wining and dining #MarissaDevault that was not marked on his spreadsheet

How many Pepsi's were in that $20,000 - 25,000 per year #MarissaDevault

Defense asks if that money was for sex and Flores says Yes #MarissaDevault

Defense asks if personal money he spent on #MarissaDevault that was not on his spreadsheet was for their sexual relationship, he says yes

The Pepsi has left the building....Flores too #MarissaDevault

That was quick...Flores is finished. #HeCouldntLeaveHisPepsiInTheCar

A transcript for Stan Cooks testimony will be read to jury tomorrow #MarissaDevault

Hmmmmm...no tweets for last 20 min.
Wonder what is going on?

crickets+chirping.jpg

Well...not sure what is going on, all tweets have ceased in Ms. Devault/ReeseCup's trial...

Let ya know if I find out anything (even though I suspect I am alone here :tantrum:) ;)

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 46m
Looks like it's a wrap for today and we may have #MarissaDeVaults daughter on the stand tomorrow for the Defenses case

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 6m
Out of jury presence..Def said they had breaking news..Judge responds "Is it through a text? Email? Or #TheTrialDivas?" Courtroom laughs!

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...x-asked-take-care-husband-hammer-killing.html

Marissa Devault’s ex: I was asked to ‘take care’ of husband

2me4di1.jpg

By Michael Kiefer The Republic | azcentral Wed Mar 5, 2014 3:12 PM

Her stripper name was Reesy Cup, which came out of the nickname her mother gave her as a teen: “Reese.”

That’s what jurors learned Wednesday at the Marissa DeVault trial when one of DeVault’s ex-boyfriends took the stand to talk about being asked to “take care of” DeVault’s husband, Dale Harrell. The ex-boyfriend walked away.

So DeVault, 36, took care of Harrell herself, crushing his face and skull with a claw hammer in the bedroom of their Gilbert home in January 2009. He died three weeks later, and now she is on trial for first-degree murder in Maricopa County Superior Court.

Prosecutors say that DeVault killed Harrell to collect on his insurance policy. DeVault claims that she acted in self-defense after a marriage of physical abuse.

It has been a week of sordid testimony.

On Monday, Allen Flores, who doled out more than $360,000 to DeVault over two years, described on the witness stand how the two had met and become lovers over a website designed to connect “sugar daddies” to women in financial need.

On Tuesday, Harrell’s and DeVault’s housemate, Stanley Cook, who may have witnessed the attack and later made a false confession to the crime, took the stand only to say that he didn’t remember anything because his brain damage robs him of his memory.

And on Wednesday, another of DeVault’s former boyfriends, Travis Tatro, told how DeVault had come to him shortly before the hammer attack to ask him to “take care of” someone who was abusing her physically. Tatro wasn’t sure if “take care of” meant to beat someone or to kill him.

Years earlier, DeVault had told Tatro that her husband had died of stomach cancer. Tatro said he was surprised to hear that Harrell was still alive.

“Once I found out that someone come back from the dead was slapping her around, we parted ways,” Tatro said.

Tatro is a tall and imposing man whose head is partially shaved with a round top knot and a black braid that cascades down his back like a string of knockwursts. He has a matching braided beard that reaches nearly to his waist.

He met DeVault in the early 2000s, he said, while he was a customer at a strip joint where DeVault performed.

He dated DeVault even though he knew she was married, and once even went to her house to threaten Harrell after DeVault told him that he was beating her and had pushed her head down on a stove to burn her hair. Tatro said that Harrell backed down from him during the confrontation. DeVault later told Tatro that Harrell was dead, when he was not.

Tatro said that he never saw any marks on DeVault that implied abuse.

Similarly, Jeff and Kelly Kerschen a couple who socialized with Harrell and DeVault, also said that they had never seen Harrell abuse DeVault over the course of their friendship, though DeVault told the husband that she had hurt her back after Harrell pushed her into a door knob.

The Kerschens also repeated the story that DeVault had told Allen Flores about having a multi-million-dollar trust fund from a dead stepfather, who actually wasn’t dead. With the friends, however, there was a new wrinkle; Flores, she told them, was the dead stepfather’s gay lover, and she openly made such statements in front of Harrell, as if he believed them, too.

Whether any credible witness accounts of abuse by Harrell surface during the trial may hinge on whether any of DeVault’s three daughters testifies.

Wednesday’s morning hearing was filled largely with argument over an interview conducted with DeVault’s 18-year-old daughter by her lead defense attorney, Alan Tavassoli.

The daughter recently turned 18, making her an adult, although Judge Roland Steinle threatened Tavassoli with monetary sanctions and a post-trial contempt hearing for violating an earlier court order forbidding contact with the three children except through their lawyer.

The daughter did not want have to come down from northern Arizona to testify. But Steinle will not allow the transcript of the interview into evidence unless the the young woman testifies.

DeVault’s mother, Samantha Carlson, who has custody of DeVault’s children, told The Arizona Republic that Tavassoli and his team contacted her personally to set up the phone interview with the daughter.

“It was totally voluntary,” Carlson said. “She decided to talk to them,” and Carlson said she listened in on the speaker-phone conversation.

“She talked about her mom and dad, and how her dad beat up her mom,” Carlson said.

"Sugar Daddy" Flores and his infamous Pepsi-

scdkl4.jpg

Someone having some fun with it :giggle:-

vqiskh.jpg

Nymeria,
Thank you for reporting the tweets. Means a lot.
C.
:loveyou:

Nymeria,
Thank you for reporting the tweets. Means a lot.
C.
:loveyou:

No probs Chelly :loveyou:

I know lots of people are following LOTS of cases (I know I am!), so if anyone needs to catch up on this one at least we have bits and pieces from twitter.

Just wish we could SEE this trial, I think we are missing some classic court stuff with this one. I am dying to see this ex with the bald head and braided beard :eek:

No probs Chelly :loveyou:

I know lots of people are following LOTS of cases (I know I am!), so if anyone needs to catch up on this one at least we have bits and pieces from twitter.

Just wish we could SEE this trial, I think we are missing some classic court stuff with this one. I am dying to see this ex with the bald head and braided beard :eek:

Well, we got to see Flores, but not Stanley (that I know of). But eventually, we may get get to see this entire cast of characters. What a story! What fantastic lies MD told! What a piece of work she is. I hope her daughter testifies!

You are right, I am bouncing all over the place watching and trying to catch up on trials. I was feeling guilty because I neglected yard work for WS so finally got out there today and did a ton of pruning.:scared:

Don't forget Trish's radio show tomorrow 8 EST.:seeya:

Catching up! Thanks for the great tweets, kids! I will miss any live streaming tomorrow if they have it..........AURGH!!!! Maybe Youtube!

Wish we could watch You Tube recaps of all these trails. Hard to keep up. Thanks to all who are keeping us informed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member