AZ AZ - Diane Webb, 18, Phoenix, 1960

Greetings,

I think that Bennie knows what happened to Diane. His refusal to take a polygraph and the way that Thomas was treated by Bernie's Uncle the chief of police, are immediate red flags. Why wouldn't Bennie's family help unless they had something to hide? And Bennie doesn't remember marrying Diane? Yea, right! I don't even believe that he put her on a bus because she wanted to go back to her family. Were the letters that Diane got proven to be from her in her handwriting? The letter that Diane's family got from supposedly Bennie asking and hoping she was OK, MAY have been him or someone in the family trying to divert attention from him as a suspect.

I am not saying that Bennie is guilty of Diane's disappearance... yet, But he is the #1 red flag suspect in the case concerning her vanishing.

A question I have, is that some reports have Diane last seen on May 6, 1959, (She and Bennie's wedding, correct?) Others give a time in 1960 for example Charlie Project here and our own Websleuths community. Where does the year of 1960 come into play in this case Here is Charley Project's account: Diane Marie Webb – The Charley Project

Thanks in advance, and really hoping to find closure for Diane and her family!

Satch

Last edited:
Greetings,

I think that Bennie knows what happened to Diane. His refusal to take a polygraph and the way that Thomas was treated by Bernie's Uncle the chief of police, are immediate red flags. Why wouldn't Bennie's family help unless they had something to hide? And Bennie doesn't remember marrying Diane? Yea, right! I don't even believe that he put her on a bus because she wanted to go back to her family. Were the letters that Diane got proven to be from her in her handwriting? The letter that Diane's family got from supposedly Bennie asking and hoping she was OK, MAY have been him or someone in the family trying to divert attention from him as a suspect.

I am not saying that Bennie is guilty of Diane's disappearance... yet, But he is the #1 red flag suspect in the case concerning her vanishing.

A question I have, is that some reports have Diane last seen on May 6, 1959, (She and Bennie's wedding, correct?) Others give a time in 1960 for example Charlie Project here and our own Websleuths community. Where does the year of 1960 come into play in this case Here is Charley Project's account: Diane Marie Webb – The Charley Project

Thanks in advance, and really hoping to find closure for Diane and her family!

Satch
I agree. I am 100% convinced that Bennie murdered Diane. He probably buried her out in the desert or left her for the vultures. I doubt she will ever be found.

I agree. I am 100% convinced that Bennie murdered Diane. He probably buried her out in the desert or left her for the vultures. I doubt she will ever be found.

I agree, if I were on a jury I would vote to convict Bennie of Diane's murder. You might wonder why the slight hesitation from me? We still don't have that one piece of substantiated physical evidence that puts Bennie at the crime scene, and that could be enough for the minds of reasonable doubt in the eyes of some jurors in a trial. (Bennie could have hid this along with Diane's body.) But the circumstantial evidence against Bennie is overwhelming! I think we might be on the way to that smoking gun of physical evidence, if we could get some DNA forensics. We need that physical evidence to stop reasonable doubt. Although one never knows how a jury could look at this.

Satch

webb_diane.jpg
webb_diane2.jpg

Diane Marie Webb

Endangered Missing from Phoenix, Arizona since 1960

Age: 18 -- Height: 5'2" - 5'4" -- Weight: 110 - 120 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Gray

Diane's maiden name is White. She may have been pregnant at the time of her disappearance and possibly had a miscarriage afterwards.

Diane married Bennie Milton Webb in 1959, when she was 17 and he was 16. In 1961, Bennie wrote a letter to Diane's mother in response to one she'd sent him. He said he hadn't seen or heard from Diane in a long time. The last time he saw her was when he gave her $100 and put her on a bus to visit her parents in Kingman, Arizona. He said she wrote him once to say that she had been pregnant but had lost the child. He never heard from her again. Bennie suggested that her parents try to contact a female friend of hers in California because she might have some information.

In August 1961, 8 months after Bennie's letter, Diane or someone using her name visited a dentist's office in California. That was the last sign of her, and Bennie's current whereabouts are also now unknown. Diane's family continues to search for her.

NamUs

Charley Project
I know Benny

I know where Bennie Webb is. The FBI interviewed him after they found the bones that apparently were not hers. He stuck to his old story. He had a stroke now and is unable to talk well. If you want his address for the family, I can give it to them.

Diane is not forgotten.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.
Back