AZ AZ - Dorothy Clitheroe, 14, Phoenix, 20 Sept 1973

50 years missing:

dorothy_mildred_clitheroe_1.jpg
clitheroe_dorothy2.jpg
clitheroe_dorothy3.jpg

Dorothy Mildred Clitheroe, age 14, Missing since 20 September 1973

LINK:

I think you're right. I still wonder why Houston, Texas and Portland, Oregon specifically though. There's just not a lot to go on.
Dorothy and her family had recently moved from Oregon to Texas and she was not happy in Texas. She also had a boyfriend in Oregon who has been named as a person of interest in her disappearance. Her case was reopened as a possible foul play investigation and is currently active.

I would be interested to know who she was with and who saw her last. Is there any information on her parents? I haven’t been able to find anything on them at all. Have any connections been made between her case and the Leslie sisters?
EDIT
It was determined that Dorothy's case is an isolated incident and therefore unrelated to any other missing persons in that area. Her parents have kept a low profile publically, but have never stopped looking for her. one family member has worked extensively in recent years to get LE to investigate her case and as a result they have done extensive interviews.

Dorothy Mildred “Dotty” Clitheroe

Dorothy Mildred “Dotty” Clitheroe​

BIRTH 6 Aug 1959
DEATH (presumed) 20 Sep 1973 (aged 14)
Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona, USA
Burial Details Unknown

Dorothy Mildred Clitheroe was a fourteen year old girl who resided in Phoenix, Arizona, in the late summer of 1973. Nothing is truly known about her life leading up to her disappearance, nor much about the circumstances of her disappearance in general- she was there, and then suddenly, she was gone. Dorothy was last seen walking towards the restrooms at Cortez park on September 20, 1973, near Dunlap Road and 35th Avenue around 6:30 p.m. She was wearing blue bell bottom jeans, and a white tank top with a multi-colored, upside down tear drop pattern. She was described as standing 5'3" and weighing 130 pounds, with brown eyes and brown hair. Dorothy had thick glasses and had pierced ears...

LINK:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back