AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
While there is some horrendous reporting going on with this case and reporters are not fact checking anything, this article although riddled with errors, mentions the hotel as being on Laureate. Now since we're in the age of internet and getting stories up as quick as possible is key, I have no doubt that a lot of these "reporters" just make up stories based on boards like this and shows like NG. The only reason why I think they may be correct with the hotel in this article is becasue right at the bottom they claim to have contacted the hotel. But then again even then there is misinformation because we know she didn't leave a car seat behind in the room. It is so frustrating that there is no true "reporting" going on in this case and that stories are being "reported" based on rumours on the internet.

Anyway here is the link...

http://www.kens5.com/home/Baby-Gabriels-sitter-speaks-out-81782547.html

Johnson contacted her after seeing her babysitter ad on Craigslist and hired her to watch her son on the night of December 21st at the Homegate Studios and Suites on Laureate Drive.

We know that it was not the night of Dec 21st but during midday on Dec 23rd. There was a lot of confusion about that when NG was questioning the babysitter and the reporter obviously picked up on the same confusion.

Employees at Homegate told KENS 5 Johnson booked the room for a week, but left behind a car seat and clothes.

Okay so it might be a stretch to assume that someone actually picked up a phone and called the Homegate on Laureate Dr but they are claiming that they did speak to employees there so perhaps they did? Although the employees that they spoke to were obviously mistaken about what was left in the room. Which is not surprising because I can imagine the rumours that are flying around that hotel amongst the employees. I think it is obvious that they didn't actually speak to the babysitter but took that information from her interview on NG.

Now I wouldn't take just this report as proof of the hotel but for me it is the pictures of the rooms at the two different hotels that makes it appear that it was the one on Laureate.

Kamille, thank you for helping some of us with this -- I remember when Momtective posted the connection between TS' certification place in SA and the Homegate in SA on San Pedro -- posting Google maps -- I thought she also gave credit to you

Then there was this article http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/149469
in the next day or so

'The nationwide search for a missing 8-month-old Tempe boy has led FBI agents to question employees of a San Antonio organization that oversees the licensing of colon-cleansing practitioners.

The International Association of Colon Hydrotherapists certified Tammi Smith of Scottsdale, who was named a person of interest in the search for Gabriel Johnson."

The boy’s mother, 23-year-old Elizabeth Johnson, was last seen with Gabriel on Dec. 26 at a motel about a block away from the organization’s offices.

“It’s a long shot, but we’re questioning people there to see if there is a connection,” said Kim Hale, commander of investigations for the Tempe Police Department"

LE must have stated that it was a block away

The bedding could be the same now in the San Pedro location -- the pics on that website look fairly old --

The San Antonio media seem to all give the San Pedro address

And that 'horrendous' reporting as you say, could have phoned the wrong Homegate number?

Kamille, thank you for helping some of us with this -- I remember when Momtective posted the connection between TS' certification place in SA and the Homegate in SA on San Pedro -- posting Google maps -- I thought she also gave credit to you

in the next day or so

'The nationwide search for a missing 8-month-old Tempe boy has led FBI agents to question employees of a San Antonio organization that oversees the licensing of colon-cleansing practitioners.

The International Association of Colon Hydrotherapists certified Tammi Smith of Scottsdale, who was named a person of interest in the search for Gabriel Johnson."

The boy’s mother, 23-year-old Elizabeth Johnson, was last seen with Gabriel on Dec. 26 at a motel about a block away from the organization’s offices.

“It’s a long shot, but we’re questioning people there to see if there is a connection,” said Kim Hale, commander of investigations for the Tempe Police Department"

The bedding could be the same now in the San Pedro location -- the pics on that website look fairly old --

And that 'horrendous' reporting as you say, could have phoned the wrong Homegate number?

maybe that is the hotel she left the car at? Didn't she leave the car at a different hotel than the one she was staying at with Gabe? If so maybe that one is the last one she was seen at.

Forgive me for this cause its off topic but...

I will never forgive NG for giving this looney a forum for her mis information. This is a "goat rope"!

hows any body asked if the gps belongs to the grandfather ?

we bought are parents gps becouse they travel, flea markets, they travel to tn about 3 or 4 times a year, heck,sometimes when you get of a exit you get turned around and travel 20 mins out of the way to get back on the exit ( at least i have lol)

we got them a gps thought it would be safer for them

in the next day or so

I found this link alsoAuthorities said Johnson was in San Antonio Dec. 20-27 and spent her time in two hotels: HomeGate Studios and Suites on San Pedro Avenue and the Quality Inn and Suites Fiesta Park on Interstate 10.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Persons_of_interest_named_in_missing_baby_case.html

7 days in hotels but it doesn't say which dates she was where

I think what's happening in the media is that they're seeing a potential for another big story like Caylee Anthony's story that brings them big bucks. So they're pumping out stories in a rush, and they don't care whether the info is accurate or not. They just want the clicks on their news websites.

Hopefully, they'll soon set up live streams for the LE pressers, and that will help tremendously.

I've been spoiled by the Sunshine Laws and all the live feeds and raw videos in Caylee's case. This case is very frustrating trying to figure things out and keep them straight. Every time I think I've halfway got it... I don't.

Let's keep plugging at it, and thank you to everyone working hard to pin things down!

we bought are parents gps becouse they travel, flea markets, they travel to tn about 3 or 4 times a year, heck,sometimes when you get of a exit you get turned around and travel 20 mins out of the way to get back on the exit ( at least i have lol)

Excellent question! I keep hoping every time they interview him that they'll ask him. It would help so much.

I found this link alsoAuthorities said Johnson was in San Antonio Dec. 20-27 and spent her time in two hotels: HomeGate Studios and Suites on San Pedro Avenue and the Quality Inn and Suites Fiesta Park on Interstate 10.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Persons_of_interest_named_in_missing_baby_case.html

7 days in hotels but it doesn't say which dates she was where

Yes, thanks! that is one of the links that I posted in this thread for the San Antonio media links who say that it was the one on San Pedro lol

I think what's happening in the media is that they're seeing a potential for another big story like Caylee Anthony's story that brings them big bucks. So they're pumping out stories in a rush, and they don't care whether the info is accurate or not. They just want the clicks on their news websites.

Hopefully, they'll soon set up live streams for the LE pressers, and that will help tremendously.

I've been spoiled by the Sunshine Laws and all the live feeds and raw videos in Caylee's case. This case is very frustrating trying to figure things out and keep them straight. Every time I think I've halfway got it... I don't.

Let's keep plugging at it, and thank you to everyone working hard to pin things down!

I think you are probably right...but it sure makes it difficult to follow. Wish they would fact check! :banghead:

I actually think this is a better possibility since it was his car, unless TS confirms she purchased it for EJ. MOO

This is what I know of the GPS - someone on WS got an e-mail from Tammi's biological daughter last week or so. She said that Tammi had given the GPS to Elizabeth, and if they find the GPS, they would find more information.

After that, it was confirmed (please let me be right, but I think I am) that the GPS was found in the abandoned car at the motel, and that they (LE) were going over the data.

No one here can confirm unquestionably who gave her the GPS. Tammi, on her most honest good behavior, has said that she did not.

maybe that is the hotel she left the car at? Didn't she leave the car at a different hotel than the one she was staying at with Gabe? If so maybe that one is the last one she was seen at.

She left her car at the Motel Six not very far from the Homegate on San Pedro and across from the bus station
She did not stay at the Motel Six

in the next day or so

It is entirely possible that it was the hotel on San Pedro and that the hotel's websites are not up to date or room pictures are incorrect...we just don't know for sure. It also would take more than just bedding to remodel the San Pedro one to look like the pictures on the Laureate website. It's the paint and picture on the walls, the furniture and the carpet that would have had to be changed also. But again, the reporter got the information that the hotel was a block away from here IMO. And then they called the LE rep. So it's also possible that the LE rep confirmed that they were questioning the connection between TPS, I-Act and San Antonio but I don't think the actual hotel was confirmed by the LE rep or they would have reported that as part of the LE rep's quote. JMO

She left her car at the Motel Six not very far from the Homegate on San Pedro and across from the bus station
She did not stay at the Motel Six

One of our Websleuthers posted in their time line that EJ sat in her car at Motel 6 for about 15 minutes. Could she have had Gabe in the car with her at that time and then abandoned the car - and the baby - because someone else had arrived to pick him up? Then she would have had easy access to the bus station and 'freedom'. Just thinking out loud, and MOO.

One of our Websleuthers posted in their time line that EJ sat in her car at Motel 6 for about 15 minutes. Could she have had Gabe in the car with her at that time and then abandoned the car - and the baby - because someone else had arrived to pick him up? Then she would have had easy access to the bus station and 'freedom'. Just thinking out loud, and MOO.

I think the motel has video of her getting into the car - no Gabe. According to the motel, she sat in the car for 5 minutes, then got out and walked over to the Tornado bus station.

If they saw her get into the car, they would have seen if he was with her, but they did not. She was alone, according to the motel and their video.

One of our Websleuthers posted in their time line that EJ sat in her car at Motel 6 for about 15 minutes. Could she have had Gabe in the car with her at that time and then abandoned the car - and the baby - because someone else had arrived to pick him up? Just thinking out loud, and MOO.

such a good point. Elizabeth claimed that the person she gave him to looked like her.

The person who reported seeing her leave Gabriel in the car and then go back and get him possibly saw the new person go get him... the trade off

Edit.. I am talking about something else. In San Antonio the hotel workers claimed they saw her leave him in the car alone for 10 minutes and then go get him out.

The Motel 6 had surviellance tape that LE confiscated and that's how it's known EJ sat in her car and then walked across the street to the bus station.

speaking of which, has Levi managed to book an interview with TPS yet?

Tammi has asked that he phone her tomorrow -- if they do get an interview (unless something has changed dramatically), it would be next Sunday night at !0 o'clock, at which time I sincerely hope that Tammi will be dressed in pink, eating a bologna sandwich, and listening to Frank Sinatra over the loudspeaker in a tent in Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member