AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone either carried her out and put her in a car or they carried her/forced her to walk. There were surveillance cameras near this home and traffic cameras, but LE doesn't have enough evidence to make an arrest? Is this because the person who took her was parked directly in front or directly in back of their home missing the surveillance cameras that covered the sides of their home? TIA

It seems as though the person must have known where the cameras were and what they were pointed at...

i read the rules but once a certain family member is broadcast by MSM we are free to sleuth, correct (excluding social media sites)?

My heart breaks for Becky... I still cant shake the hinky feeling I get about Sergio though. JMOO

The parents' interview was so emotional in how they are just now able to convey their extreme heartbreak. I thought they were honest, candid and sincere. It was so touching, that even with all they are dealing with, they are so intuitive as to the well-being of their other children.

I do have a question. They said they can't discuss their polygraph results as it might harm the investigation. If they passed, what harm would it cause? Anyone know? TIA

Polygraphs are so debatable. I am as honest as the day is long and have never been able to pass one.

In this case it may be a fail because of one question answered which could have been answered in a few different ways. Example: Question: To your knowledge, did your nephew, JM have anything to do with the disappearance of Isabel? SC answers: No but in his gut he feels he may have while in his head he is answering the "to your knowledge" part.

Another reason may be if they failed the speculation goes through the roof, obviously everyone would want to know what they failed on. If they passed with flying colours the focus goes right off them and gives a confidence that can make them start acting differently.

Police have advised them not to answer that question, and they aren't. For whatever reason the police believe withholding that information may cause something else to happen (maybe)

I have seen many a false positive and/or negative with the most obvious questions.

I failed on my address! Do you live at ....... my answer: Yes .... They knew I did, I knew I did and it came back I was lying lol I can't explain that one, other questions I have failed on made perfect sense as to the fail.

..... and no, you are all not chatting with a hardened criminal - I was intrigued and doing a story on it and underwent one, then because I passed when I shouldn't have and failed when I shouldn't have we decided to do more at different periods - just for giggles.

FWIW I took a LD once, was so nervous I was in tears, but was innocent and passed. I was truly in a panic and probably should not have been allowed to even take it...but I still passed. In fact, a whole bunch of us were polygraphed and the only person who did not pass, turned out to be the one who eventually admitted to the crime...JMO

The family moving on too quickly comments make sense to me. They have three children, one of them is missing and they are dealing with that as best they can considering there isn't a book given on proper procedures when you child is missing for dummies or similar.

the boys have been thrown into a chaotic world, how do you explain to your children that they may never see their sister again? I think I would protect my children and keep their hopes alive until I could say differently.

Retuening to ballgames, school and any kind of normalacy is healthy for those children, no matter when they go back to school they are going to get the heads tilted looks and askd questions, lets get THAT horrid part over as quickly as possible - they are kids, hanging around worried parents is not healthy - hopefully they can escape this madness if only for a little while.

There are parents who, after 30 years, prefer to think their child was taken and they are living a life elsewhere rather than think their child is dead.

Comparing the Anthony's to these people is apples and oranges, there is a big difference between your own child and your grandchild.

I don't think the parents were directly involved in Isabel's disappearance, I do think dad has his own gutfeelings but has been told to keep it quiet because although the person is known to the family the police don't want them running. More a case of keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

And after reading a couple of comments I am going to now go and destroy the photos of my 2 - year -old grandson wearing makeup and ribbons in his hair (eh I was babysitting and bored and have never had a pink one - all of mine are blue) God forbid those pictures go anywhere and I be judged or remind others of Jon Benet.

One photo wearing makeup is not an indication that she was anything but a six-year-old playing with makeup.

BBM

I do agree with almost everything you say but I just dont get the sense that Sergio has a clue who would do this to his family.

But if he does have an idea he would never ever protect that person.....no matter who it is, and not tell LE, imo. His love for his daughter it too great for that to ever happen.

I can tell they both cling to hope that she is out there somewhere alive but as the weeks drag on and no Isa... dred will set in even more than they are experiencing now. I am so glad they have a strong support group in their comminity. They are going to need it even more as the days and weeks pass by..if she is not found.

I understand perfectly why they ask people to pray. Prayer is known to be powerful especially when there is a prayer chain with so many are praying. I have experienced its power in my life and the lives of our family members who were in need at the time. I have also heard Doctors and Nurses mention it and sometimes miracles happen that no one can explain when prayer is present during the situation.

But the Celis' do stress over and over again to please keep our eyes open for Isa. I think they feel so much better now that they are speaking out. They still are both rather shy but my goodness......not many parents find themselves in the situation they have found themselves in. It a group that no one wants to belong to.....

Parents like these couldnt have ever dreamed they would have to have a camera in their face to make a plea to others to pray for their family, Isa, LE or to ask that others please keep looking for their loved one. It is just the saddest thing in the world to witness. I cant begin to imagine the pain this entire family feels. And what makes it even tougher for them is they have two more children that needs love, attention and normalcy too who are also hurting and missing their little sister.

IMO

Someone either carried her out and put her in a car or they carried her/forced her to walk. There were surveillance cameras near this home and traffic cameras, but LE doesn't have enough evidence to make an arrest? Is this because the person who took her was parked directly in front or directly in back of their home missing the surveillance cameras that covered the sides of their home? TIA

I think the whole window screen out thing was overdone and she wasn't taken out of it. I also have a feeling that the hit the dog got was from a doorway or the garage or something.

Not sure about the cameras, maybe what they have on film is just not enough to say it is a certain person, or maybe they really have nothing ... sorry, dunno.

I have undergone a polygraph (for a job) and passed on questions that I both told the truth on and questions that I lied on.

The parents' interview was so emotional in how they are just now able to convey their extreme heartbreak. I thought they were honest, candid and sincere. It was so touching, that even with all they are dealing with, they are so intuitive as to the well-being of their other children.

I do have a question. They said they can't discuss their polygraph results as it might harm the investigation. If they passed, what harm would it cause? Anyone know? TIA

Maybe LE doesnt want that out. Maybe they want the real perp to think they failed and are distracted by looking at the parents and not at the real perp.

IMO

BBM

I do agree with almost everything you say but I just dont get the sense that Sergio has a clue who would do this to his family.

But if he does have an idea he would never ever protect that person.....no matter who it is, and not tell LE, imo. His love for his daughter it too great for that to ever happen.

Snipped to billy-o lol: My thinking on that is if the SC does have a gutfeeling and has made that known to police and police have the same feeling they may have explained to him that he is best to keep that under his belt because they just don't have the proof they need. If police told me that it would be in the best interest of the investigation not to mention something I know I wouldn't, even if I really wanted to.

I think that is why sleuther's hinky meters go off with dad. No matter what the outcome, I agree dad would not defend this person - he would want him hung, drawn and quartered if she is found safe or (God forbid) not. He would certainly want the person put away before he ended up joining him behind bars for killing him.

I don't think dad knows for sure but I do think his heart and head are thinking differently.

i read the rules but once a certain family member is broadcast by MSM we are free to sleuth, correct (excluding social media sites)?

If the family member has been named a POI or Suspect.

Can you link the MSM so that the mods can read it? It would be helpful for answering your question.

Thanks!

Salem

MOORE: Well, there`s an alley, Nancy, right behind us. It`s about 25 yards right behind us. That`s, again, about 25 yards from the front door of Isabel`s home. And it runs right behind our showroom, and that`s where our cameras are trained on.

GRACE: What kind of activity?

MOORE: Again, it was just people wandering through alley, vehicles coming up and down through the alley and vehicles walking -- coming out of the alley that`s right here in front of Isabel. Now, what makes and models and tags were, that`s in the police`s hands now, Nancy.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/27/ng.01.html

I have an alley behind my home and live near bars and shopping areas, but it is rare that anyone drives down the alley. Mr. Moore's statement made it sound like there was more than a few cars/people traveling through Isabel's alley early Sat. morning. Why were people driving and wandering through there at that time?

I have undergone a polygraph (for a job) and passed on questions that I both told the truth on and questions that I lied on.

Not me. I would never lie on a polygraph test and I have had to take two for two different Federal jobs I had.

I told the absolute truth and I passed with flying colors both times. but then I had nothing to hide anyway.

The first time I worried because I was extremely nervous just because I had never taken one before.

But I am not a good liar not even when I tell little white lies .......like telling a friend their outfit is cute when they ask me when I didnt think it really was.:floorlaugh:

Snipped to billy-o lol: My thinking on that is if the SC does have a gutfeeling and has made that known to police and police have the same feeling they may have explained to him that he is best to keep that under his belt because they just don't have the proof they need. If police told me that it would be in the best interest of the investigation not to mention something I know I wouldn't, even if I really wanted to.

I think that is why sleuther's hinky meters go off with dad. No matter what the outcome, I agree dad would not defend this person - he would want him hung, drawn and quartered if she is found safe or (God forbid) not. He would certainly want the person put away before he ended up joining him behind bars for killing him.

I don't think dad knows for sure but I do think his heart and head are thinking differently.

Thank you for explaining.

ITA! On how Sergio feels.

I also think Sergio goes to that dark place where he thinks his beautiful little daughter may be dead by now and is never going to come home to them to make their lives complete and happy again.

Becky probably pushes that out of her mind but men sometime are more realistic in their thinking.

I think when he does let it enter his mind it scares him to death.

IMO

Here's a good summary of the parents' interview.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...cle_8c510f32-9612-11e1-b59b-0019bb2963f4.html

"Sergio Celis said he accepts the scrutiny leveled against him by investigators as well as some members of the public. Asked again today how he feels about speculation that he is involved in Isabel’s disappearance, he said: “I really don’t know what to answer to that, other than, ‘You’re wrong.’ ”

However, he said he hopes police are as thorough in their questioning of anyone who has been around their daughter and in their home. "How are we going to trust anyone who has been in our home?" Sergio Celis asked."

This little bit makes me think Sergio has an idea who took Isa.

We have a local school that reports of a man in a white truck was cruising for kids. Two different incidents, Lee & Rosemont 4/27, & Santa Rosa 5/2. Townsend Middle school area (they have K-6 also there I read). This was on local news just now. It's not real close to Isa's home but thought I'd post it since there was someone doing this before Isa went missing near Erickson school, 5 reports there. Gah. Creeps.

I don't know if this was already discussed but I don’t think Isa’s kidnapper will agree to return Isa to her family knowing he will be arrested and prosecuted to the full extent of the law if he does.

IMO, the person who stole Isa won't return her unless LE first agee not to lay charges against him and I don't think that is even an option but what the family would do if they could.

Isa’s parents told their daughter’s kidnapper they are cooperating with LE and will do anything to get their daughter back but they can't promise him he won't be charged so I unfortunately I don't think Isa's captor will pay any attention to their pleas.

I think that if Isabel was kidnapped by an intruder, this is going to be like Jessica Lunsford or Danielle Van Dam, where the child is raped and murdered within a short period after being abducted. :(

My heart is heavy tonight thinking about this family just two weeks ago getting ready to go to a little league game at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member