AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said he is hopeful she is alive! and hopeful she will be found alive. IMO: hdr dogs didnt hit. I think it was the other dogs. Glad to hear the search warrants were other places. Hopeing some good leads come soon. But all seriousness this could be anyone :( I am sooo very thankful the LE in this case seem to be doing things thouroughly. I mean why keep asking about these parents?? YES there have been ALOT of iffy cases in the media lately that we turned to the parents but in this case IMO it feels different. And frustrates me some of the questions these reporters ask. Well why are you searching the landfill?? Well hum lets see how many cases have we seen that it wasnt done and vital information was later found?? How many cases have we seen were things were found in the landfill??? Susan Powell, Lisa Irwin, and Zahra baker...just to name a few off my head that involved dumpsters and landfill searches!! It seems to me they are doing everything they can at this pt. And again the 2 hr updates helps too imo.

I agree with you. Those reporters were getting annoying at the end.

JMO, but this feels like a non family abduction to me.

Oh yea, on the car radio report, there was something else I heard. My DD was talking to me so I was listening to both at the same time. But I swear I heard them say that they had two dogs at the home today, one cadaver dog, and one scent dog, and they said they got something from one of the dogs, but did not want to say from which dog just yet.
Did anyone else hear anything like that?:

I am sorry... I am confused.
Aren't the Law Enforcers in the Celis household already?
Do they need ANOTHER warrant to re-enter a place they already received a warrant for, and have started investigating?
Just guessing, but they probably had a search warrant already. I doubt that they would bring an HRD dog in there without a search warrant. Maybe there is an expiration date/time on it. Maybe they want to search for additional specific things or in specific locations (rooms, garage, shed, etc.) that were not listed on the previous search warrant. All just my speculation.

Anyone else happy to see LE using the media as a tool? IMO, this is the way missing children's cases should be conducted. PC's held every few hours by the Chief of Police generates interest from the public, which translates to more leads!!!

Oh yea, on the car radio report, there was something else I heard. My DD was talking to me so I was listening to both at the same time. But I swear I heard them say that they had two dogs at the home today, one cadaver dog, and one scent dog, and they said they got something from one of the dogs, but did not want to say from which dog just yet.
Did anyone else hear anything like that?:

I heard one of the reporters say this before the Chief came on. That scares me because it dovetails with the new leads they are investigating which were found in the home. Sure hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like the cadaver dog got a hit. That, in conjunction with TS/LF searches
icon9.gif

icon9.gif

Vinnie P is getting ready to talk about Isabelle after commercial on HLN

3 mile radius?

Didn't they say earlier that they were searching a 2 mile radius and would not expand that unless they had a specific reason? I'm hoping that maybe this is a positive sign. Back to playing catch up now.

It would be devastating if the cadaver dog hit in the home. :mad: Imo, it would not be a random intruder. He would have just left her there or dumped her close by in that case, imo.

I am hoping it was the scent dog that picked up some clue somehow. But that would have meant a trail, and they would be following it and be seen, so....?

I heard one of the reporters say this before the Chief came on. That scares me because it dovetails with the new leads they are investigating which were found in the home. Sure hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like the cadaver dog got a hit. That, in conjunction with TS/LF searches
icon9.gif

icon9.gif

I agree, sadly. I can't think what else a dog would have hit on in the house that would have led police in a "new direction" (keeping in mind that the old direction seemed to be random intruder) and that prompted police to ask the family to vacate the house. To me, it just screams that the police now think the parents/other family/someone known to the family is involved and that they want to make that clear without accusing anyone specifically yet.

I also think that, as someone pointed out up thread, the fact that they haven't asked the parents to make a plea to a hypothetical kidnapper means that the police don't think she was kidnapped/is alive.

Obviously I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Casey Jordan is on HLN basically stating that non family abductions are extremely rare and I'm getting the distinct impression she really thinks the parents are behind Isa's disappearance.

I disagree.

Can someone tell me how old the siblings are?

I agree, sadly. I can't think what else a dog would have hit on in the house that would have led police in a "new direction" (keeping in mind that the old direction seemed to be random intruder) and that prompted police to ask the family to vacate the house. To me, it just screams that the police now think the parents/other family/someone known to the family is involved and that they want to make that clear without accusing anyone specifically yet.

I also think that, as someone pointed out up thread, the fact that they haven't asked the parents to make a plea to a hypothetical kidnapper means that the police don't think she was kidnapped/is alive.

Obviously I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I just listened to HLN and apparently the cadaver dogs hit near the home. They didn't say inside the home.

Someone correct me if I heard wrong.

Also, I heard SW are being issued to neighbours! That was shocking.

Crystal Cruz (reporter) on HLN said the Chief of Police confirmed that they served several search warrants on neighbors' homes, but they wouldn't say how many homes or if any of the warrants were served on family members who don't live in Isa's home.

Ok, so sorry I have been MIA all day. I am back now, so shoot with the questions and I'll try and help! Going to go back and try to read thru some of it now.

Ok, so sorry I have been MIA all day. I am back now, so shoot with the questions and I'll try and help! Going to go back and try to read thru some of it now.

Isabel Mercedes Celis case: Family asked to leave home after FBI dogs find clue
Missing 6-year-old's family asked to evacuate Tucson home

Police asked the family of missing 6-year-old Isabel Mercedes Celis to leave their Tucson home on Monday after search dogs found clues that could shed new light on the little girl's disappearance.

Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villasenor didn't say what the FBI canine unit found during the overnight search, only that the evidence required "more followup," ABC News reported.

In the meantime, the first-grader's parents, Sergio and Becky Celis, and two brothers were asked to leave the home until further notice, and the house was being treated like a crime scene.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ogs-find-clue-article-1.1066133#ixzz1su7z8qLt

Thanks...it's all about the dogs as usual, but the info we have is vague :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member