AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOC K-9 and the dogs brought in by the FBI were at the home (scene) on different days, correct? I thought the DOC dogs tracked ISA's scent to the home on Cooper./
They did track to the resident on Cooper. This is the residence that is owned by the anesthesiologist. (I don't know if it is a rental house.)
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #20

In another document, the home owner is listed by name.

I know you remember how Sheriff Smith's statement spread like wildfire on Sierra's thread? I sure do. When Sheriff Smith said no one had been ruled out .......it created many pages of discussion on that one statement alone. :)

ETA: I think back on her statement now and it was as if she wanted the real suspect to believe they were still investigating the parents/boyfriend when all along they had the real suspect in their sights. Hmmmm.

I surely do remember that. The claws came out for Marlene/Rick after that show. It was brutal. :hills: IMO.

Hey, I promised I didn't have time then, but I would track back that LE cleared 'some' of the family recently, later. I am in the midst of a family tragedy, my 19 yr. old nephew is paralyzed from the waist down a few days ago & I just got off the phone with my SIL with an update. I am not up to looking for it now, however I do believe this is so important. It was by done by a female, Spanish-<modsnip> reporter and in the video had the chief (I believe) saying xxxx about ruling out "some" family members. I think the context of him making the statement is just as important as making the statement. I think we all want to deal with facts & this was a video (can't get much better than that). I am sorry, but I have to bow out for now. I would appreciate if someone could find & post that video, it is recent in this thread or the end of the last one. TIA.

Nope. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1sc-5O52pUI

Mark 2:48

4-6-2012 ... NG show on HLN.

ETA: Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but the FACTS were in SL case that Marlene Lamar and her live-in, Rick, were NOT cleared by the Sheriff Laurie Smith (see above video).

It was written over and over, with LE as the source, that the parents had been cleared. This just being one of the articles:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/21/sierra-lamar-missing-california_n_1369441.html

And considering when they got the DNA back, the parents remained clear. Very different than this case.

It was written over and over, with LE as the source, that the parents had been cleared. This just being one of the articles:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/21/sierra-lamar-missing-california_n_1369441.html

And considering when they got the DNA back, the parents remained clear. Very different than this case.

AGAIN. NO they were not. Steve was basically cleared since he was with Sierra's oldest sister at that time.

Huffypo link refers to STEVE (the sex offender dad) and not Marlene/Rick.

Think what you want. I lived that case each day and my heart broke for her mom, dad, mom's boyfriend as they were raked over the coals day in and day out for weeks on end until AGT was arrested and charged.

Off to bed. :eek:fftobed: Lots of company coming tomorrow.
Peace.

That article was written before Sheriff Smith announced that no one had been ruled out.

After Sheriff Smith made the statement that no one had been ruled out there wasn't any more comments by LE saying the parents and Rick had been ruled out.

At the time of AGTs arrest no one had been ruled out.

IMO

Lava, it's not worth it. I already tried, lol.

:whiteflag:

They did track to the resident on Cooper. This is the residence that is owned by the anesthesiologist. (I don't know if it is a rental house.)
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #20

In another document, the home owner is listed by name.

Please tell us how you came to KNOW that the owner of said residence is an anesthesiologist...because if you are simply going off of google, it is a far stretch to say that an anesthesiologist in Chinle owns a rental in Tucson...possible but highly unlikely.

Plus if its a rental, why are his name and address linked together? If it was a rental, some one else would have the phone there but nope, they are together...I'd wager money this guy is NOT an anesthesiologist..

Hey, I promised I didn't have time then, but I would track back that LE cleared 'some' of the family recently, later. I am in the midst of a family tragedy, my 19 yr. old nephew is paralyzed from the waist down a few days ago & I just got off the phone with my SIL with an update. I am not up to looking for it now, however I do believe this is so important. It was by done by a female, Spanish-<modsnip> reporter and in the video had the chief (I believe) saying xxxx about ruling out "some" family members. I think the context of him making the statement is just as important as making the statement. I think we all want to deal with facts & this was a video (can't get much better than that). I am sorry, but I have to bow out for now. I would appreciate if someone could find & post that video, it is recent in this thread or the end of the last one. TIA.

Prayers for your nephew and the whole family...

Regardless of when Sierra's parents or relatives were ruled out, they have been by now and I think we can all agree there is a perp in custody. Sierra's case is not like Isa's case. The two aren't even close in age.

In Isa's case the parents have not been ruled out as far as we know. LE has been focusing in on the parents despite what has taken place in any other cases across the country and despite whether people think LE "should" or "should not" be focusing on Isa's family and especially her parents. As part of their investigation...they are.

If that is an abhorrent thought then let TPD know. Write to them. Email them. Or call them. Tell them where they should be focusing their efforts if where they are spending time in their investigation is not useful. Have a dialog with them directly.

Really, I don't understand how any member of a family of a missing child can be the target of a joke on this site, especially a disabled elderly family member who is a victim of a stroke? This disabled family member was the reason for the family moving to the neighborhood. Really, IMO not enough families come to their elderly members' aid in this country. I don't understand how the tightness of this family can be not only be just ignored, but made into a joke?

JMO

Im sorry Knox, I may be mistaken, but since they took a scent sample from the window sill I 'assumed' (I know.. I know) it was done so they could track the scent found there on the sill and the scent ended over at the home on Cooper. Iirc, they even came back to Isa's home in order to make sure the dog wasnt picking the scent up of the officers that were there.

I mean why take a scent sample if they werent going to have the dog track that scent?

Sorry if I misspoke. That was just what I gathered from reading the doc dumps.

IMO

No need to be sorry. I honestly thought I missed something in reading the docs.
icon7.gif

I'll go back and read again, before I say anything further on the subject.

OT,
Prof, Please accept my apology for my post(now removed) you understood as a joke, it was only meant to" lighten up" the topic that was being discussed over and over.
Believe me I know what it is to take care of my elderly family members,Im also going on 37 years of taking care of my severely mentally disabled son,24/7.
Im sorry it offended you so.

That is amazing, and miraculous your dog was found! I am SO happy to know you had wonderful people helping you! What a story! Can you tell us more?

I had to have surgery on my EYEBALL (imagine a high scream-y voice on that word), so I left my service dog with my parents for the day.

I warned them not to let him go out in their fenced yard alone, to take him out on lead but he turned out to be wilier than I was. My dad took him out on lead and when they went back in, my dad turned his back for a second to open the door and my service dog slipped out of the collar and was gone.

I am convinced he was looking for me.

The whole ten days he was gone, he was in an area about a quarter mile wide by maybe a mile long. There were two creeks in the area and railroad tracks. Even though it is a suburban environment, with the creeks and RR tracks, it was amazing how much wildlife was in the area (raccoons, possums, deer, fox, etc).

His breeder flew in to help with the search. Since she is an older, grandmotherly kind of person, she felt comfortable talking to neighbourhood kids without making their parents go berserk.

It was amazing to me just how much kids experience that their parents didn't know about! He had several encounters with kids (he loved kids), where he'd approach, give them kisses, play with them for awhile and then move on. And the kids hardly ever mentioned it to their parents. To the kids, it was just part of their day, like "played with Judy, climbed the willow tree, played with a strange dog, picked some flowers, read a book..."

In the end, it was just a matter of placing me and my voice within his earshot. His breeder was following him down the RR tracks and I was on the street near them. As soon as he heard me calling, she said his head went up and he went rocketing off the RR embankment to me.

He was clearly happy to see me but it was sort of like he was checking off a mental to-do list: find Mom, get burrs taken care of, con someone out of treats... As soon as he was done greeting me, he put the burrs under my hand and demanded I do something about them. The horror, his coiffure was disarranged (I spent more time on his hair during his lifetime than I ever spent on my own).

Other than the burrs, he was perfectly clean and in good condition. So much so that he took up his service dog duties that afternoon, went to a restaurant with me that evening and didn't look at all out of place.

I lost him to cancer nearly a year ago and I miss him more than I can say. If love and money were all it took, he would still be with me. It's just that he finally met an obstacle that even his heart could not overcome.

Agreed, BUT... While I DO think it is not highly likely Isa is in Mexico, think about it. IF there was an accidental death, be it from a family member, or a stranger, hiding the remains in Mexico would make it harder for them to be found. In thinking if she was taken across the border, I always thought it would be to dispose of remains. With a huge expanse of desert and undeveloped terrain, lakes, rivers, remains would be MUCH harder to find. Mexican search teams do not have the equipment, and far fewer financial resources than here.

It's around an hour from Tucson to Nogales... she and the abductor could be in Mexico before anyone knew she was gone. Like everyone, I don't know what happened - I'm just saying it would be a simple task to secrete Isa over the border.

It's true, there are lots of kids out there. Why single out Isa? How does any abductor pick a victim? Someone could have seen her and "requested" her. Going over the border just makes it easier to hide a kidnapped child, or dispose of remains.

I pray none of that has happened, I'm just saying.

There are many known cases of perps who deliberately cross jurisdictional lines to make investigations more difficult.

What you're describing is basically the same concept on a national rather than county by county or state by state level. Cross jurisdictional lines and hope that LE in the original jurisdiction (Tucson) never makes contact with the jurisdiction in the second area (somewhere in Mexico).

If LE can't put together the evidence from multiple jurisdictions, it greatly reduces the likelihood of the crime being solved.

Agreed, BUT... While I DO think it is not highly likely Isa is in Mexico, think about it. IF there was an accidental death, be it from a family member, or a stranger, hiding the remains in Mexico would make it harder for them to be found. In thinking if she was taken across the border, I always thought it would be to dispose of remains. With a huge expanse of desert and undeveloped terrain, lakes, rivers, remains would be MUCH harder to find. Mexican search teams do not have the equipment, and far fewer financial resources than here.

It's around an hour from Tucson to Nogales... she and the abductor could be in Mexico before anyone knew she was gone. Like everyone, I don't know what happened - I'm just saying it would be a simple task to secrete Isa over the border.

It's true, there are lots of kids out there. Why single out Isa? How does any abductor pick a victim? Someone could have seen her and "requested" her. Going over the border just makes it easier to hide a kidnapped child, or dispose of remains.

I pray none of that has happened, I'm just saying.

My thought, too, sadly. If she's no longer among the living, the backcountry in Mexico would be an ideal place for her to never be discovered. Large, remote areas abound. I'm praying the same prayer as you are. I want her to be alive and happy and well.

I just reread packet 5 page 59. I thought this scent sample was part of the normal evidence collection process. They collected and bottled a scent sample from the exterior of the window. IMO, a field tech would not have a way to know if this was a foreign scent or family scent at the time of the sample collection.

Maybe there is further information about the results on that sample. but I haven't found it yet.

There is another report and link ( somewhere) for the k9 report from inside the house with parts redacted. I believe it points to- Dog alerts which led to testing and forensic light source tests in isa's room, the other children's room and the garage.

I will keep looking.

There is another report and link ( somewhere) for the k9 report from inside the house with parts redacted. I believe it points to- Dog alerts which led to testing and forensic light source tests in isa's room, the other children's room and the garage.

I will keep looking.

I remember this too. Wasn't there a lot of attention aid to the area between the cars in the garage ?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member