AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
The warrants were kept sealed at the end of August, I think. We should be coming up on 90 days anytime now.

Hey Knox! :seeya:

There was a report on one of the fb pages a few months ago about Isabel being in CA. I forget which one but I believe RC made a comment about it.

What's shakin' Dr. Know :seeya:

All this talk of Isa in California? Where is this coming from, a tip or lead? Pretty specific talk ...

It always helps when another country points out the inacurracies of another country to get the ball rolling. ha

Thanks SS.

I can't pronunce much in Spanish. I can say some & understand limited sentences etc...and converse. Isabel's name to me when mom says it has a v in it. Just my opinion. I hear Isavel instead of Isabel. jmo

In the Spanish language, the 'i' is pronounced like an 'e.' And the 'b' sounds like a 'v' and 'e' sounds like a long 'a.' Very confusing to some, but I took 2 years of Spanish in school, and I remember that much, plus I worked with a lot of hispanics for years. I love their accent, btw. Used to be able to imitate it quite well.

The clip I saw was cut off.

She said something like (not quoting), I think she's in California, maybe North California, you know, I think she's somewhere out there.

It was cut after she said California, but you can tell that "somewhere" was going to be the next word out of her mouth.

That reporter was useless. :pullhair:

I'm still shaking my head over "once or twice". Why didn't she ask him to elaborate???!!! The more this guy yaps, the digger the hole he's digging and reporters are supposed to draw out information!

:banghead:

Ok your baby girl has vanished into the night, LE are allegedly looking in all the wrong places, someone else hires and pays for a PI to help you, and you can't recall how many times you spoke to that PI?

He is your last chance to find your baby and clear your name, and you can't remember how often you spoke to him????

Isa's only been gone 6 months!!!!

:furious:

I get the frustration, but I don't get why "once or twice" is such a big deal. I've often said I talked to someone once or twice... the exact number is not important! Did anyone say, be specific???

MOO, but I think if LE had not put so much focus on Sergio, they could have found some clues. They developed tunnel vision about 20 minutes into this case, and they aren't going to do anything if it points somewhere else. Of course, they're not going to admit that they're sitting on their butts not following up on tips, 'cause that would make them look bad.

well, i have kinda feeling, i did watch the last video,i can´t stop thinking of sc ´s eyes and looks. he´s a bad actor. it did look like he knew she´s dead, he knew what happenned to her and where she´s
well the mother doesn´t know anything (i think), she´s still talking as isa was alive,not sc, i´m sure he knows about isa
i do really hope i´m soooo wrong
i can´t stop thinking that neibourgh heard men talking,as the parents still were in the house,or mom leaving for work, and 4 people in there never heard anything?!?

Yeah, someone stole Isa and took her to California to live in a nice house with new loving parents. No need to worry much. Isa will probably return when she finds out they redecorated her bedroom. No need to worry much.

Yeah, someone stole Isa and took her to California to live in a nice house with new loving parents. No need to worry much. Isa will probably return when she finds out they redecorated her bedroom. No need to worry much.

Absolutely mind-boggling.

If you compare the way the investigation for Jessica Ridgeway went to Isa's, it is glaringly obvious that LE believe family is responsible.

I have only ever heard of relationships between LE and parents of missing children breaking down to this point when the parents are suspected...otherwise they usually get very close, as they both share one goal.

Supporters always dismiss unusual parental reactions as though they mean nothing (and to a certain point I agree with this) but the Celis's flippant reactions have raised red flags for too many people.

My opinion only.

:cow:

This pic just melts my heart. I wish there could be some closure.

534139_472949952750215_1828304017_n.jpg

well, i have kinda feeling, i did watch the last video,i can´t stop thinking of sc ´s eyes and looks. he´s a bad actor. it did look like he knew she´s dead, he knew what happenned to her and where she´s
well the mother doesn´t know anything (i think), she´s still talking as isa was alive,not sc, i´m sure he knows about isa
i do really hope i´m soooo wrong
i can´t stop thinking that neibourgh heard men talking,as the parents still were in the house,or mom leaving for work, and 4 people in there never heard anything?!?

The voices and dogs barking that night and early morning which several neighbors heard, have always bothered me too !

I don't know what to think after seeing that video- I was finally able to see it now that we have power back from frankenstorm Sandy. I keep thinking that they are medicated - that is for sure. I would be too. but still would be a crying whining blubbering mess - if my child disappeared- I would probably be in a straight jacket.
One thing that stands out in that video- is the detective saying that they have with -held some good evidence to preserve the integrity of the case! :) And I am really hoping the evidence will one day be brought to light.

I pray for poor Isabel. What happened to her that night?
IMOO they all know what happened to her. and are hoping the smoke and mirrors and polka dots will be enough even if their dry eyes are not.

The KVOA "Halloween" (Oct 31) report/video shows additional photos of Isa in her favorite costume.

http://www.kvoa.com/news/holidays-are-heartache-for-isabel-celis-family/#!prettyPhoto/0/

In this video, the reporter said "Isabel's parents, taking matters into their own hands, they've hired a team of PI's..."

Also Becky says "I just need her home. I want her home already. It's too hard. She loves Halloween and we all love to dress up, it's just not right".

The KVOA "Halloween" (Oct 31) report/video shows additional photos of Isa in her favorite costume.

http://www.kvoa.com/news/holidays-are-heartache-for-isabel-celis-family/#!prettyPhoto/0/

In this video, the reporter said "Isabel's parents, taking matters into their own hands, they've hired a team of PI's..."

Also Becky says "I just need her home. I want her home already. It's too hard. She loves Halloween and we all love to dress up, it's just not right".

Their reactions are so strange. TPD said during that first week that the parents had no sense of urgency, implying that they almost wanted to drag the process out. Now, I guess they want the process to conclude.

It's almost as if this is and was a game. What's their objective now, and what did they know from the beginning that we did not?

I've seen defense attorney's hire PI's. Kim Picassio (pro bono lawyer for mom for a few months) did in Haleigh Cummings case, Cobro Staubs was the PI, then another one Steve Brown who supposedly set out on his own so he could recoup that reward. In Lisa Irwin's case a HLN type attorney, highly recognized via HLN offered his services pro bono to her parents along with a PI that I can't remember if it was disclosed who was paying for his services. PI's in Caylee Anthony's case they (two I think at least) were pro bono or hired by Baez or the A's...Free advertising is priceless to these guys. I found a new team that just opened up here in Tucson, 10/1/12. Just guessing.

I'll give them as much hope as anyone if they don't know where Isa is or at least one of them doesn't.

I always get suspicious when this happens as they dig for dirt to throw during trial. TPD seemed to really cover all aspects of a sucessful prosecution so far. I'm ready to see what sticks via a PI team. jmo

I still think of Isa every day. I'm saddened that such a beautiful little girl just vanished! She truly has a place in my heart.
I haven't posted on this thread in awhile because there is nothing to say. I so wanted to give the parents the benefit of the doubt but nothing makes sense. I have been keeping my thoughts to myself for some time now about this case because it is so heart breaking that while other cases seem to move with such urgency, this case has been very slow and sad with the family efforts. I was one that initially tried to believe that something so terrible could have happened as a stranger in the night being the culprit, as in Elizabeth Smart's case. Naively wanting to believe that just because a family comes across odd, people are different and handle things their own way. However sometimes I find myself getting so angry that these parents are not coming across as themselves being angry, in a panic, and have seemed to lack the sense of urgency! This is of course in MOO and I do not mean to judge parents as they are considered victims here, however I want to know where the true victim is!?!?
Where are you sweet Isa and what has happened to you? I am so sorry you have not been found and so little is known about your disappearance six months later! It really does break my heart for you! You deserve justice.
I pray that you will have your justice and we may have answers soon!
You will NOT be forgotten.:rose:

Their reactions are so strange. TPD said during that first week that the parents had no sense of urgency, implying that they almost wanted to drag the process out. Now, I guess they want the process to conclude.

It's almost as if this is and was a game. What's their objective now, and what did they know from the beginning that we did not?

SC's reaction reminds me of Gerry McCann, father to one Madeleine McCann, a 3 year old gone missing from their (unattended) apartment in a holiday resort in Portugal.

When Gerry was informed LE believed his daughter had died that evening (due to cadaver dogs alerting) he did not say "Oh my God, no!"

He said "You have no evidence".

Any forensic linguist will tell you that this reaction is a sign of guilt. So it is with Sergio.

The McCann is walking free, due to the fact Madeleine's tiny body has never been found. Most murdered children's bodies are not found.

Usually, no body equals no proof, and no proof means no charges...it's as simple as that.

SC's reaction reminds me of Gerry McCann, father to one Madeleine McCann, a 3 year old gone missing from their (unattended) apartment in a holiday resort in Portugal. When Gerry was informed LE believed his daughter had died that evening (due to cadaver dogs alerting) he did not say "Oh my God, no!" He said "You have no evidence".

I know the McCann case well and while I always enjoy your posts, I must disagree with your interpretation on this one. Gerry made that initial comment in an effort to get Portuguese police to go and look for their daughter, whom he and his wife believed was kidnapped. These cases are not, IMO, similar, and I never believed that the McCanns had anything to do with the disappearance of Madeline.

Also, I believe that Isabel is alive and that SC knows where she is, and possibly the mom, too. Early on there was speculation about a custody battle, and I think LE even said something about it publicly. Some speculated that SC spirited Isabel away to thwart an impending divorce.

Anyway, the gut doesn't lie: there's something just downright off about the parents' reactions.

I know the McCann case well and while I always enjoy your posts, I must disagree with your interpretation on this one. Gerry made that initial comment in an effort to get Portuguese police to go and look for their daughter, whom he and his wife believed was kidnapped. These cases are not, IMO, similar, and I never believed that the McCanns had anything to do with the disappearance of Madeline.

Also, I believe that Isabel is alive and that SC knows where she is, and possibly the mom, too. Early on there was speculation about a custody battle, and I think LE even said something about it publicly. Some speculated that SC spirited Isabel away to thwart an impending divorce.

Anyway, the gut doesn't lie: there's something just downright off about the parents' reactions.

LE alluded to an unusual custody situation due to the fact that the parents were still together - living in the same house, no legal separation, no divorce papers filed, etc. From the beginning, TPD seemed to suggest that one of the parents had hidden Isabel from the other and that her disappearance was a family matter. I have never been able to shake that comment from memory and hold out hope that Isabel is alive and well somewhere while her parents contemplate their next move. :moo:

From Sgt. Maria Hawke, a police spokeswoman, as quoted in the Arizona Star:

Sergio and Becky Celis underwent polygraph tests "within the first few days" of the investigation, Hawke said. The results of the lie-detector tests are not being made public because they are part of the investigation, she said.

Here's the link:

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/isabel-s-parents-frustrated-by-probe/article_e31d9058-6891-513b-a78c-61437a5610e2.html

If these parents had passed, it would have been announced, IMO.

Interestingly, they are quoted as follows: "Rebecca and Sergio admitted that they have taken lie detector tests but said they are not allowed to discuss that any further."

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/150175035.html

LE alluded to an unusual custody situation due to the fact that the parents were still together - living in the same house, no legal separation, no divorce papers filed, etc. From the beginning, TPD seemed to suggest that one of the parents had hidden Isabel from the other and that her disappearance was a family matter. I have never been able to shake that comment from memory and hold out hope that Isabel is alive and well somewhere while her parents contemplate their next move. :moo:

I've always wondered if both parents were really in the home that night.

Now, from your post, I'm having some wishful thinking that maybe Isabel is still alive. Whoa, but it's gone on too long for me to imagine that's a secret that has been kept all this time, especially if Isa is still alive. I guess anything is possible. I do think there's more to the story of that night than was told by both parents.

I've always wondered if both parents were really in the home that night.

Now, from your post, I'm having some wishful thinking that maybe Isabel is still alive. Whoa, but it's gone on too long for me to imagine that's a secret that has been kept all this time, especially if Isa is still alive. I guess anything is possible. I do think there's more to the story of that night than was told by both parents.

Definitely! We only know what the parents have told the media, and what they have said publicly isn't necessarily truthful. Also, LE isn't obligated to provide the public with information that is pertinent to the case. We know very little about what really happened in the Celis home that night and who might be responsible for Isabel's disappearance. That said, I'm confident that TPD knows a lot more that they will not divulge until the time is right. There must be some reason why LE continues to ride this out, withhold information about the case, not release search warrants, etc. I'm not ready to jump to the conclusion that TPD failed to conduct a thorough investigation. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member