AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Becky and Sergio Celis are deeply rooted in their Catholic faith. We heard this from the pastor of their parish church when they attended Mass last weekend following the disappearance of their beloved Isabel. For those who are so inclined, I believe that the distraught parents would appreciate prayers to St. Anthony of Padua who is the patron saint of Missing Persons.

Who or what is Saint Anthony of Padua the patron saint of?
Saint Anthony of Padua is the patron of Lost Things and Missing Persons.
Meanings, definition and origins - a patron is considered to be a defender of a specific group of people or of a nation. There is a patron for virtually every cause, profession or special interest. Prayers are considered more likely to be answered by asking a patron for intercession on their behalf.

Why is Saint Anthony of Padua is the patron of Lost Things and Missing Persons? St. Anthony was a great and fluid speaker. The reason he spoke so well was that he could recall everything he ever read due to his photographic memory. A popular invocation to Saint Anthony is as follows:

St. Anthony, St. Anthony
Please come down
Something is lost
And cannot be found

http://www.catholic-saints.info/patron-saints/saint-anthony-of-padua.htm

Hmmm he plead 'not guilty' which goes right back to the point I made this morning.

I think someone else let those dogs out either in the middle of the night or while the family wasn't home.

IMO

Or because it's a misdemeanor case, it's not like there will be a plea deal,and just like every other person on the planet without incentive, he chose to plead not guilty. LOL, that means nothing to me, except that he is human...and that's one of the only things I was already certain of.

But how do you "prove" you were just sleeping. KWIM?

Some cases, fellow employees/time clock can be proof. Cell phone pings can place a person away from the "scene". Sleeping ... how do you "prove" that?

:twocents:

Sierra Lamar's case is very rare. When it comes to any LE specifically ruling anyone out its almost as scarce as hen's teeth.

What LE is doing in this case is very much the norm by saying everyone is a POI or suspect and no one has been ruled out. LOL! I guess that mean our fellow posters there in the same town are POI too. LOL!

Most of the time LE just lets everyone twist in the wind until an arrest is made.. even if they know they have already ruled them out behind the scenes.

Im not even turning in to the PCs anymore. I have lost interest since each one is basically the same and really discloses nothing.

I know if they say something worthwhile I can read it here anyway.

IMO

RE: The "dog" court appearance:

Hmmm he plead 'not guilty' which goes right back to the point I made this morning.

I think someone else let those dogs out either in the middle of the night or while the family wasn't home.

IMO

I don't know... I would agree that he probably did not let his dogs out, or even necessarily know they were out. But he had to know they did not have their shots or licenses unless he had documentation to refute these charges. Even if he did not know at the time Animal Control got involved, certainly he is now aware.

Is there garbage pick up on Saturdays? Out here the waste management companies don't work on weekends. So I wonder if it is the same there.

According to the police yes:

Garbage from the Celis family's neighborhood was collected on the Saturday morning of Isabel's disappearance and taken to the landfill, police said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tucson-mis...y-allowed-back/story?id=16202785#.T5mtDKs7XYc

At my house they do not come in Saturday so I dont know, I have city trash pick up and private waste management for recyclables, neither come on saturday.

However the city also does a BRUSH AND BULKY pick up twice a year where they will take junk or other debris for you that needs hauling to the landfill, I do know they started that a few weeks ago on the east side which isnt far from where they live. They do sometimes do that on Saturday.

I can't tell if he meant she had an early morning shift or if he meant she was there well before her shift.

I'm a bit behind on the thread, so I'm not sure where this will end up. BUT, I just wanted to throw in my two cents- I just took it to mean that she had an early shift. I didn't think he was commenting on her being early for her shift.

Or because it's a misdemeanor case, it's not like there will be a plea deal,and just like every other person on the planet without incentive, he chose to plead not guilty. LOL, that means nothing to me, except that he is human...and that's one of the only things I was already certain of.

It actually does mean something to me since its just a misdemeanor charge anyway. I could understand it much more if it was a felony case. But pleading guilty would just give him maybe a fine.

Imo, he knows he is not the one that let his dogs run loose and he is not going to plead guilty to something he did not do, imo.

imo

Even kids who have been found within a day or two, were generally in different clothes, sometimes with a haircut as well.

Oh. I know this sounds petty, but I hope they did NOT cut her hair. I drive by a group of school girls every day on my way home in matching uniforms. All of them are Hispanic, and appear to be Middle School aged, and every one of them has long, straight hair, no short bobs, no layers or even bangs. I suspect it is a cultural thing, and hope that she is not only alive and unharmed, but they did not take this part of her identity away from her.

My youngest sister was also a victim of a "trusted" uncle, and I was the one who reported the incest to my mother and the perp's oldest daughter. No one would believe me! :furious: My sister has had lifelong psychiatric problems, suicide attempts, etc. that I believe stem from this abuse by an uncle. :moo:

Me too. Both uncles and brother in laws!

Becky and Sergio Celis are deeply rooted in their Catholic faith. We heard this from the pastor of their parish church when they attended Mass last weekend following the disappearance of their beloved Isabel. For those who are so inclined, I believe that the distraught parents would appreciate prayers to St. Anthony of Padua who is the patron saint of Missing Persons.

Who or what is Saint Anthony of Padua the patron saint of?
Saint Anthony of Padua is the patron of Lost Things and Missing Persons.
Meanings, definition and origins - a patron is considered to be a defender of a specific group of people or of a nation. There is a patron for virtually every cause, profession or special interest. Prayers are considered more likely to be answered by asking a patron for intercession on their behalf.

Why is Saint Anthony of Padua is the patron of Lost Things and Missing Persons? St. Anthony was a great and fluid speaker. The reason he spoke so well was that he could recall everything he ever read due to his photographic memory. A popular invocation to Saint Anthony is as follows:

St. Anthony, St. Anthony
Please come down
Something is lost
And cannot be found

http://www.catholic-saints.info/patron-saints/saint-anthony-of-padua.htm

My mother used to always say "Say a Prayer to St. Anthony" when we lost something and were trying to find it. Although, it was for lost items like keys or anything we misplaced.

So I'm going to say a prayer now to St. Anthony in hopes Isabel will be found safe.

RE: The "dog" court appearance:

I don't know... I would agree that he probably did not let his dogs out, or even necessarily know they were out. But he had to know they did not have their shots or licenses unless he had documentation to refute these charges. Even if he did not know at the time Animal Control got involved, certainly he is now aware.

It's actually possible that he didn't handle the shots and paperwork... and so he didn't know.
I handle that 90% of the time for the animals.
Then MisterF took the dog out of nowhere one day to the vet and informed me he got her shots. :waitasec:

A few months later I had to take her in and they said she hadn't gotten any shots or even been in since the last time I took her in.
WTF?

If I had been ticketed between my two visits, I would not have known that paperwork showed she was not up to date on her shots.

If someone said "I took the dogs and got their shots and paperwork done" is Sergio going to say "can I see some proof of that?"
Probably not... so I think it is totally possible he was unaware of that fact as well.

I understand that...yet they keep saying they are included as POI's...as opposed to Sierra's case, for instance, where LE pretty much said very early on that the family was cleared. It bothers me that LE keeps reinforcing this, and JMO anyway.

Wait.... I was under the impression LE said no one had been ruled out, but I didn't get the impression they included the parents in a list of POI's. In fact, I thought they indicated they did not have any POI's yet. Saying no one has been ruled out is a lot different, IMO, than coming out and including the family in that list. But at any rate, not publicly declaring them cleared could also play out in LE's favor, make the perp think HE is in the clear.

It actually does mean something to me since its just a misdemeanor charge anyway. I could understand it much more if it was a felony case. But pleading guilty would just give him maybe a fine.

Imo, he knows he is not the one that let his dogs run loose and he is not going to plead guilty to something he did not do, imo.

imo

In my area if your dogs are picked up for no tags or vaccination, you can't get them back until you do that. You have to pay the fee at the pound, etc. So, upon showing proof that he had done those things they probably dropped the charges. jmo

:welcome4: Hope you post some more!!!! And I'm very sorry about your mom.

His son was 18 having sex with a 14 year old girlfriend. Not molesting a small child. Still bad but similar to other charges around the country that are dropped to a misdemeanor so teens involved with other teens can avoid the sex registry. I've never seen MSM state his dad kept him off the registry. That was a court decision.

I think it's remote, because I agree she was probably removed from the home in the night sometime, but maybe her mom woke at 5:00 a.m. or so, checked on her and then ate, let the dogs in or out, took a shower, etc. It is a remote possibility that Isabel went missing after her mom checked on her, if she did.

Exactly. Or, it could be someone who knows the family and is familiar with the house. This does not have to be a stranger. Most abductions are not stranger abductions.

When I was a kid, I was able to scale a stucco wall that high. I either boosted up from something or had someone boost me a bit until I could reach the edge. Then, I pulled myself up while bracing my feet on the wall.

DITTO. Can we just agree to take anything reported by NG or her minions with a grain of salt? There have simply been way too many fallacies in her reporting. She's too tabloid.

I would love to see a drawn diagram of the house and surrounding alley and streets. It would help me visualize better.

Here's my question: Why have pressers if they can't answer even the basics? But, I can see how it could jeopardize the investigation. Let's say you have a girlfriend who comes forward and says she thinks her boyfriend is involved. That he disappeared in the night at a certain time, was gone for two hours and came home with blood on his clothes, which he then washed with bleach or destroyed. How do they know she is credible? Well, if the time she states he disappeared matches the time they know Isabel's mom left for work, etc., they will have a better idea.

Giving out that info will help us narrow the time frame but LE doesn't want the public to be able to do that because it makes it harder to know if a witness is credible or not.

But not confirming whether the baby was in school on Friday or not seems ridiculous. I can't see how that could hurt the investigation any.

If they were workers of some sort, they could be undocumented and thus very, very unlikely to ever come forward. I try to tell my clients and witnesses repeatedly that they are safe to go to police or court in connection with any case, civil or criminal, without fear of deportation, but they do not understand that at all.

In AZ, given the strict laws they have right now, it is even more doubtful that any undocumented person who may have been there or seen or heard something, would ever come forward. Not gonna' happen.

I wish I was talented enough to draw the plans, but I am not. :(

My dogs bark at other dogs (i figure that's the only way they can communicate with each other from a distance). They bark when someone is near the house, but if someone is approaching the house the bark changes from a regular bark to shrill barks, a definite difference and a much higher level of excitement.
Really good point. :) Barking/growling, heck all vocalizations (and other behavior) by dogs, cats (purring seems to be unique, so far), horses, donkeys, etc...foreign languages that humans can and do learn... ;)

Probably veering off-topic, but has any dog person heard the "turtle bark" (frantic high-pitched yipping)? I guess from their perspective, it mite be similar to a human spotting a UFO or alien... :D

I don't mean to minimize the importance of finding Isa safe... :heart:

Like everyone else here, I'm sure, I wish we knew more and had more info released by LE.

Wait.... I was under the impression LE said no one had been ruled out, but I didn't get the impression they included the parents in a list of POI's. In fact, I thought they indicated they did not have any POI's yet. Saying no one has been ruled out is a lot different, IMO, than coming out and including the family in that list. But at any rate, not publicly declaring them cleared could also play out in LE's favor, make the perp think HE is in the clear.

The way it was phrased one time, I believe, was that everyone "was a POI, including the parents."

So that sounded kind of unusual to me.
JMO

I've been keeping up with single post on this thread, trying to keep up down in the parking lot, and have been combing through MSM and the Find Isabel Facebook page.

Now is the time for LE or FBI to release any additional info that might help lead to Isabel before it too late! I understand why they hold things "close to the vest" but c'mon.. this little girl's life could be saved if you tell the public what you know!

Police: 'Everyone is a person of interest' in case of missing girl

http://www.kvoa.com/news/police-everyone-is-a-person-of-interest-in-case-of-missing-girl/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500