AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely alarming. I just don't want to jump to thinking it was an attempted abduction. While we consider both crimes to be despicable and horrible, there is a real difference in someone willing to break in and assault someone and then leave, and someone willing to kidnap a child (which would involve follow through after they do whatever it is they intend to do). Break in/assaults happen far more frequently.

Yes but it seems just as bad. There have been many cases where a break in happens and the family is murdered, raped, etc. To me, anyone willing to break in someone's home at night and either take a child or assault a child in that very home, is equally frightening and dangerous and very brazen.

Here is a map of:
Isabel's home
The address of where 3 children was molested 2AM today
Isabel's school:

Isabelhomeand3molestedchildren.jpg

Regarding your sig, I think your English is excellent! And thanks for this post!

Why are the balloons and ribbons purple? I thought Isa favourite colour is blue?
Don't vigils etc use the child's favourite colours?

On the news purple had been named as her fave color

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Yes but it seems just as bad. There have been many cases where a break in happens and the family is murdered, raped, etc. To me, anyone willing to break in someone's home at night and either take a child or assault a child in that very home, is equally frightening and dangerous and very brazen.

Right, but a serial offender breaking into homes is different than a serial offender kidnapping children from their homes. I just wanted it clear that it has not been mentioned in the articles that this was an attempted abduction. Break-in/assault is common enough to be unrelated, but break-in/kidnapping is too much of a coincidence.

Authorities are canvassing the area and conducting interviews in the neighborhood at North Melpomene Way and East Snyder Road, near the Catalina Highway.

According to sheriff's department spokeswoman Deputy Dawn Barkman, authorities received a 911 call at 2 a.m. reporting a break in. According to Barkman, three girls between the ages of 6 and 10 live in the home, but it is unknown if any of them were assaulted.

It is unknown who was home at the time of the break in.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/17936384/sheriff-investigating-possible-child-molestation

There have been at least two recent cases that come to mind, of pedophiles breaking into homes and molesting children at night. The father of one of those children later shot and killed the alleged perp.

Yes. When I lived in Miami this happened pretty frequently, and it wasn't always reported in the news.

Was it reported to the police? And were the people caught? I don't understand this. And they were breaking in and molesting or assaulting children? wow

There have been at least two recent cases that come to mind, of pedophiles breaking into homes and molesting children at night. The father of one of those children later shot and killed the alleged perp.

Where did this happen? In Tucson?

Just catching up apologies if this was already mentioned- maybe they did send someone, but an undercover as opposed to a uniformed cop, which would spook the perp, etc.

That's possible but when I called this morning to follow up on my tip, the dispatcher told me there was no update in the system so there is no way to know if someone checked it out... Guess I'll never know. There's prob a million girls that look like her.

Was it reported to the police? And were the people caught? I don't understand this. And they were breaking in and molesting or assaulting children? wow

They were reported to the police, but they didn't always make the news. There were always a ton of things going on in Miami - no such thing as a slow news day. But I remember seeing it on the news, and hearing through family member that are LE. It isn't like it was happening every day, but frequent enough to not be on the news every time.

:waitasec: The five appeared to be walking together, as a group, which led me to believe that they probably knew one another. Wouldn't the one person who came forward be able to tell LE who he or she was with that night? :moo:

Yes, unless they just met at a bar that night I guess. Or someone was not where they said they would be that night and doesn't want to get caught.

I'm an attorney too and this may anger you, but when I read that parents of a missing child lawyer up right away, I feel they are hiding something. I believe in equal access to the law which is why I do a ton of Legal Aid cases on a volunteer basis. I believe in the right to representation. But when there have been no charges and no indication that LE is unfairly targeting the innocent to the detriment of the investigation, I see no need for an attorney, at the very beginning of the case.

This report makes no sense. A report of three small children who were possibly BEING molested? How about who may have BEEN molested? Being implies an act in progress. If that was the case wouldn't it be, "Report of a shooting. Man found in children's room, possibly assaulting them. Parent shot intruder."????? Or, something like that?

An attorney - even a criminal defense attorney - can be helpful to victims of crime, even if they are not suspects. The attorneys I work for have been hired by victims of domestic violence, extortion, or even as simple witnesses to crimes that have been subpoenaed to court. There are lots of things an attorney can do for someone, while still keeping the lines of communication open between LE and a person. Sometimes, that person is able to get more information, if the criminal attorney has a good working relationship with local LE. I don't think it's a bad thing that the family hasn't hired an attorney, but it certainly could benefit them. You don't have to wait to be targeted by LE to hire an attorney - there are many things an attorney, even a criminal defense attorney, could do in this situation to help the family without impeding the investigation. A good defense attorney worth his/her salt wouldn't immediately put up a wall between the family and LE, not if there's evidence this was a stranger abduction.

Right, but a serial offender breaking into homes is different than a serial offender kidnapping children from their homes. I just wanted it clear that it has not been mentioned in the articles that this was an attempted abduction. Break-in/assault is common enough to be unrelated, but break-in/kidnapping is too much of a coincidence.

Yes, in Tucson.

I think any break-in, at night, involving a home with little girls, in TUSCON right now, is seriously important, very coincidental and not at all common enough to be deemed unrelated just because there is no word or proof of an attempted kidnap.

I always wonder- why can't all local news spare 15 or 30 seconds to put up a pic of a missing child each night? Would it really be that difficult??

I think any break-in, at night, involving a home with little girls, in TUSCON right now, is seriously important, very coincidental and not at all common enough to be deemed unrelated just because there is no word or proof of an attempted kidnap.

My point isn't to say they are unrelated - just didn't want someone jumping to calling them attempted abductions. Just sticking with what is in the article until something else is confirmed.

Richard Kastigar of the Pima County Sheriff's Department said three girls between the ages of 6 and 10 were in the home, which is owned by their grandparents. The girls are visiting from another state with their mother, Kastigar said.

According to Kastigar, a sexual assault did occur and that all three girls were victimized, though it is unknown to what extent each was victimized.
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/17936384/sheriff-investigating-possible-child-molestation
What is interesting to me is the girls are just visiting their Grandparents. They do not live in that neighborhood. This is 10 miles from Isabel's home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member