GUILTY AZ - Jacquelan Hartman, 19, Gilbert, 28 Jan 2007

Good! I wonder what LE found in his house? Must have been something as they went ahead and filed the rest of the charges. She is such a pretty girl and he is such a homely guy. He must have come on to her like a real nice guy cause it sure wasn't his looks that attracted her to him. IMO anyway.

Maybe they will try to make a deal with him...tell us where she is and we will take the death penalty off the table. Her family need to know where she is and to be able to bring her home.

An Arizona woman whose family has ties to the Buffalo area was out on the first date of her life Jan. 28 when she was kidnapped, sexually assaulted and killed, according to Arizona authorities.

The massive search for the body of 19-year-old Jacquelan "Jackie" Hartman of Gilbert, Ariz., will continue in the Arizona desert today as prosecutors consider whether they will seek the death penalty against the man suspected of killing her, Jonathan Ian Burns, of nearby Mesa.

Hartman, a nursing student, had apparently sneaked out of the house with her 17-year-old sister Randi to go out on a date with the 25-year-old Burns the night she went missing, according to her father, David Hartman.

"She had never been out on a date before and never really had any interest in it, but she was the maid of honor for a friend of hers with the wedding coming up," Hartman said. "So she became a little more interested in guys." She had recently met Burns at a gas station, according to her father.

more:
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070210/1050880.asp

This was her first date at 19 yrs old and they didn't meet until 1:00 in the morning? I wonder if Jackie was real naive where men are concerned. That is hard to believe in this day and age. Why did she want their relationship to be a secret? I'm not saying that any of this is the fault of Jackie...don't get me wrong. It is just hard to understand a girl of 19 yrs not ever dating...she is an attractive girl in that picture. I'm wondering if she was a really naive girl or really innocent because this guy must have fed her one big line...meet at 1:00 in the morning and keep it a secret from everyone including her parents and she went along with it. It is just sickening to think that he did this on purpose probably knowing that she was really innocent and hadn't been around. Did he plan to kill her? There was a reason that he didn't want her to tell anyone about them. He must have thought he would never be found out. Good thing that co-worker saw him. It just sounds like he planned the whole thing. Makes me wonder if this was the first time he pulled something like this.

This was her first date at 19 yrs old and they didn't meet until 1:00 in the morning? I wonder if Jackie was real naive where men are concerned. That is hard to believe in this day and age. Why did she want their relationship to be a secret? I'm not saying that any of this is the fault of Jackie...don't get me wrong. It is just hard to understand a girl of 19 yrs not ever dating...she is an attractive girl in that picture. I'm wondering if she was a really naive girl or really innocent because this guy must have fed her one big line...meet at 1:00 in the morning and keep it a secret from everyone including her parents and she went along with it. It is just sickening to think that he did this on purpose probably knowing that she was really innocent and hadn't been around. Did he plan to kill her? There was a reason that he didn't want her to tell anyone about them. He must have thought he would never be found out. Good thing that co-worker saw him. It just sounds like he planned the whole thing. Makes me wonder if this was the first time he pulled something like this.

Hartman, a nursing student, had apparently sneaked out of the house with her 17-year-old sister Randi to go out on a date with the 25-year-old Burns the night she went missing, according to her father, David Hartman.

I wonder where the sister was while Jackie was with the suspect?

Jackie Hartman was last heard from at 4:44 a.m. when her sister, who was supposed to meet her at an agreed upon time and place, called to find out why Jackie didn't show up. Jackie apparently was under coercion by Burns at the time of the call, her father said.

Shadow205 said:

I wonder where the sister was while Jackie was with the suspect?

Jackie Hartman was last heard from at 4:44 a.m. when her sister, who was supposed to meet her at an agreed upon time and place, called to find out why Jackie didn't show up. Jackie apparently was under coercion by Burns at the time of the call, her father said.

Why do you have to sneak out of the house when you are 17 yrs and 19 yrs?
I can see the need to sneak out at 1:00 in the morning because girls don't usually go on dates starting at 1:00 in the morning but why didn't the girls just go out earlier with their boyfriends? The 17 yr old probably had a boyfriend too that she was going to see. I don't understand the 1:00 dates or the need to sneak instead of meeting the guys earlier and go on a real date. In reality were these girls not allowed to date for some reason? Maybe overly strict parents? The whole thing is just strange to me.

Here is Jackie's myspace page http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=16982274&MyToken=edd4e2f0-92a7-4fc5-8380-44e6e3f82a81
**JackieMarque**'s Interests Generalit's all about **shopping** and BOYS, i mean c'mon now!

Doesn't really sound like a girl who went on her first date at 19. Something about that just doesn't sound right. Maybe the newspaper got a quote wrong, sure wouldn't be the first time. From looking at her and her friends myspace profiles, she does seems like a beautiful fun loving young lady. You can link to her sister Randi's myspace from her page. It looks like quite a few of her friends have the missing posters on their pages.

A lot of people have RIP Jackie on their myspace already....what a sad situation.

Thanks for pointing out Jackie's MySpace account. She sounds just like a lot of girls her age doesn't she? I wonder why her dad said that she had never been on a date before but just got interested in boys? I hate to doubt him but I can't imagine a young girl sneaking out at 1:00 in the morning to meet some guy when she has never even been on a date before. It just sounds so strange.

To me it all goes back to this guy wanting to keep them even knowing each other a secret and there had to be a reason that he wanted to meet her at that time in the morning instead of going up to the door at a decent hour, meeting her parents, and going out on a real date. Kids do still do that don't they? Or even if Jackie and her sister met him and possibly her sister's boyfriend at say 7:00 in the evening to go out. This sneaking at 1:00 in the morning is just to sinister especially now that Jackie is missing.

LE must be pretty sure that something bad happened to Jackie or they probably wouldn't have arrested the creep for murder so quickly. I just wonder what he did with her body? I wonder if he had big ideas for the night and when Jackie wasn't willing to go along with those ideas things got out of hand? He had a gun. Either he carrys a gun with him or they were at his house and he threatened her with the gun and then used it. This is just horrible. She is such a young girl and seemed to have her goals for the future all set and was working on them. I wonder if she knew how old this creep was. To darn old for a 19 yr old in my book.

I'd bet money that this guy has raped before when he was told no and the girls just didn't turn him in. If this has happened before I hope the girls come forward now that he is locked up. I just have the feeling that this guy doesn't take no for an answer when he has other ideas and that there have been others.

My prayers go out for Jackie's family. It sounds like her and her sister were close. It is just horrible.

The mystery of what happened to a 19-year-old Gilbert woman poses a challenge to family members searching for her and for prosecutors as they build a case against her alleged killer.

The body of Jacquelan "Jackie" Hartman has not been recovered since she disappeared Jan. 28. Jonathan Ian Burns of Mesa, the man with whom she was last seen, has been indicted on charges of first-degree murder, sexual assault, kidnapping and weapons misconduct after police say they found some of Hartman's clothing in a dumpster near Burns' home.

But without her body, family members are left to speculate about her fate, and prosecutors will have to rely on circumstantial evidence to show she is dead.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/0215gr-missingbody0215Z12.html

The Mesa man charged with killing and sexually assaulting a 19-year-old Gilbert woman entered Friday a not guilty plea in Maricopa Superior Court.

Jonathan Ian Burns, 25, was arraigned on charges of first-degree murder, sexual assault, kidnapping and weapons misconduct in connection with the disappearance of Jacquelan "Jackie" Hartman.

Hartman was last seen Jan. 28 while on a date with Burns. He was arrested the following day after court records show police found the woman's torn shirt and bra, along with her sandals, purse and underwear, in a dumpster near his residence.

A trial management conference is scheduled March 23

http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/0216gr-missingwoman0216-ON.html

mistivon said:
from a psychic:

When Dubois was asked whether Hartman will ever be found, she said, "I was shown a funeral and Jackie being laid to rest so she will be found and the parents will have that."

Dubois also said Hartman would be found within two weeks

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/stories/KTVKLNews20070216_hartman-Oprah.6cc33b4.html

I hope that this lady is right and that Jackie is found soon. Time will tell though. Her answer is the same that any one of us could give. I'm going to be checking this for the next two weeks to see if her timing is right. I'd rather Jackie come home alive but with her top bullit ridden it doesn't sound like that is likely. I also think police have more evidence as they have pressed charges of murder already without waiting for more evidence to come back if they found some in the house.

http://www.kpho.com/news/11053562/detail.html')

Jackie's body has possibly been found this morning.

Oprah did a special on mediums and a lady by the last name of Dubois (Medium based on her), did a reading. She said she would be found within two weeks. It has been seven days I believe since the show aired.

Prayers for Jackie's family

Gilbert police said a body found in the desert northeast of the Valley may be that of missing 19-year-old Jackie Hartman.

Police said searchers from the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office found the body in an area about 6 miles northwest of the Sycamore Creek exit on State Route 87.

Officials said they were waiting for the Hartman family to arrive before making a positive identification of the body.

http://www.kpho.com/news/11053562/detail.html

LE are going to have Jackie's parents look at the body? Is that a good idea since she has been missing for awhile? I know that I couldn't identify a child of mine's body if it had been laying there for awhile. That is the picture that I would carry in my head forever. Why not wait for dental records?

I just noticed in another article that the killer is also being charged with sexual assult. LE has to have evidence of a sexual assult in order to charge. They must have found evidence of a sexual assult in the house.

I hope that the body that they found is Jackie beings it is pretty evident that she is dead. At least her parents will know where she is and what happend to her instead of not knowing anything at all. My prayers go out for Jackie's family.

Family members embraced one another and sobbed. They stared with wet eyes past yellow crime tape as drops of rain fell from a gray sky. And they paced around a sandy wash overcome by emotion.

“It’s too late for her,” said John Kinard, the uncle of a missing Gilbert woman.
“We’re glad there’s an end to it, but it’s hard.”

On Sunday night, an all-terrain vehicle rider found the body of an adult woman in the area east of Fountain Hills, where police and hundreds of volunteers have been searching for 19-year-old Jackie Hartman, family members said.

Police have not said whether the body is Hartman’s, a nursing student attending Chandler-Gilbert Community College who disappeared Jan. 29. However, they said Monday’s investigation was connected to her case.

“It could take a day or could be several days to get positive identification on the body,” said Sgt. Andrew Duncan, a Gilbert police spokesman.

“This most recent discovery has confirmed that we were correct in our investigative information from the beginning,” Duncan said.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/84403

Well I'm glad that the family didn't look at the body. That would not have been a good thing for any of them.

I still don't understand why the girls left home at 1:00 in the morning. Maybe the press got that wrong. I guess if you are going to sneak out you have to wait till your parents are good and asleep. Regardless of why...this girl paid the highest price for going against her parents rules. This is something the younger sister has to live with too. I feel so bad for her. How sad for the whole family.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/84532
A body found Sunday east of Fountain Hills has been identified as that of Gilbert resident Jackie Hartman, a 19-year-old nursing student missing since Jan. 28.

The Maricopa County Office of the Medical Examiner made positive identification of the body on Wednesday. Police notified the Hartman family prior to the public announcement

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back