GUILTY AZ - Jacquelan Hartman, 19, Gilbert, 28 Jan 2007

I'm glad that Jackie was found for the sake of her family and because now LE has her body and they will have the autopsy reports for the trial. This guy is gonna fry no matter how innocent he says he is. I just don't understand why it most always has to end like this. What did that guy gain by killing her?

Slain girl's family speaks

The family of a slain 19-year-old at times Friday found it difficult to speak about the person they had lost, but they could say she would have been proud of the people who gave their time to search for her.

Jacquelan "Jackie" Hartman, of Gilbert, was found dead Monday northwest of Saguaro Lake near Arizona 87, more than three weeks after she went missing. Family, friends and volunteers traversed hundreds of miles of trails searching for the woman before her body was found.

"She just loved the human nature of people," said David Hartman, who recalled how his daughter, a nursing student, would often come home with stories about the people she met at work or saw around town

More: http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/0224gr-hartmanfamily0224Z12.html

Mar. 2, 2007 10:31 AM

Gilbert Police made another arrest Thursday morning as they continue the investigation into the death of Jacquelan Hartman. Gilbert detectives arrested 24-year-old Mandi Elaine Smith of Mesa, for allowing Jonathan Burns, a convicted felon, access to a handgun. Burns is charged with first-degree murder and sexual assault in Hartman's death.

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/hartman030207-CR.html

I wonder if this girl knew what he was going to use that gun for? Was she somehow involved in the murder? Was it something that these two cooked up together? I wonder where she got the gun? Lots of questions. It sounds like the murder was all planned out.

Bobbisangel said:
I wonder if this girl knew what he was going to use that gun for? Was she somehow involved in the murder? Was it something that these two cooked up together? I wonder where she got the gun? Lots of questions. It sounds like the murder was all planned out.
Reminds me of the Texas Cadet murder whe the guy had a fling with the girl on the track team and his girlfriend/fiance (?) made him kill her so they could "move on" with their life.

He most likely did it on his own though, because he is just one sick SOB.
Still how stupid of that girl to loan him a gun!!!
And when did he need it? Before he met her that night or after?
Was this then pre-meditated?

I wish that we would hear more about this whole story. How was that woman involved and when did she give him the gun...before he met with Jackie or afterward? Why did he need a gun? I wonder if Ian and the lady had been involved before? Seems like there is probably a lot more to this story then we have heard so far.

Question: What kind of an idiot would give a gun to a convicted criminal? ESPECIALLY one who was convicted of burglary!!

bykerladi said:
Question: What kind of an idiot would give a gun to a convicted criminal? ESPECIALLY one who was convicted of burglary!!

One that was in love with this creep and wanted the "other woman" out of the way?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back