Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #5 *J. Hunter guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's playing now at the link above!!!

Not finding her in that landfill is not the end of this. We will bring the person responsible to justice, WE WILL NOT STOP!!!!

They still believe Jhessye is in the landfill, they just did not find her.

What happened to Jhessye?

I want to answer that question, I can't answer that question. The details need to be preserved for court. Not going to do anything to hurt this case. We want to see the person responsible brought to justice.

Pressor over-

There was so much more guys, such heartfelt statements coming from LE. Made my eyes water to hear the sadness in their voices. They feel that they disappointed the family by not finding her.

I hope a raw version of this will be available for you all later, I want you to hear everything they said.

I had someone in my office so I only caught snippets.

I listened to part of it and the one LE was choking up pretty bad about having to end the search for Jhessye. How sad. They sure sounded like they are building their case. It was said it would be soon but they still had things to follow up on before an arrest.

could not see teh presser, thanks to Knox for transcribing the gist.

My heart hurts for Tycora, Lisa and the rest who truly adored this child.

Also the total for the months of searching the landfill was about $750K. The amount of garbage they sifted through was 2/3 of a football field in length & almost 21'H.

could not see teh presser, thanks to Knox for transcribing the gist.

My heart hurts for Tycora, Lisa and the rest who truly adored this child.

They (LE) hurt too, he asked for their forgiveness for not finding their sweet little butterfly.
icon9.gif

"Despite our best efforts the odds were against us … We searched everywhere she was likely to be and we were unable to find her," said Assistant Chief Rick St. John.

"We did everything humanly possible to try to find her," Interim Commander Dave Madeya said through tears.

The young girl's mother, Jerice Hunter, remains the primary suspect in the case, according to St. John.

St. John said Hunter remains in the Phoenix metro area, but they are not in contact with her directly.

"None of us were prepared to sit here today saying we did not find Jhessye," he added. "We knew how Jhessye got to the landfill, we knew the path that she took and we knew how she was deposited into the landfill."

He said not finding her body in the landfill gives investigators a new resolve to hold accountable the person or persons responsible for her disappearance.

Glendale Police Commander Dave Madeya was emotional at the news briefing. "It is very difficult," he said. "They didn't want to leave. But we did everything humanely possible to try to find her."

http://www.kpho.com/story/18894624/source-landfill-search-ends-for-missing-jhessye-shockley

The searchers did not fail Jhessye. Jerice, Shirley and the father are the ones who failed that little girl.

I feel so bad for Tycora and Lisa, and for all the searchers who worked so hard.

I could not post yesterday. Too emotional and feeling down about the results of the search.

Today is a new day and my resolve is renewed. While I am deeply saddened the search did not locate and bring home our butterfly, I am still confident the state of AZ will ultimately charge and convict Jerice Hunter of this horrific crime.

My unending gratitude to all those men and women who worked so diligently at the search for all those many months. Thank you for loving Jhessye, thank you for your determination, your time, your willingness to tackle such an awful awful task, all for the love of a child you never met.

Despite your lack of success, you are so appreciated for your efforts.

According to The Republic, some of the girl's family gathered on Monday at the landfill south of the Valley to say goodbye.

They hugged and thanked officers who spent weeks sifting through roughly 9,500 tons of compressed trash.

One searcher even brought flowers as police strongly believe that the landfill is Jhessye's final resting place.

Lisa Vance, a family member who helped raise the girl, told The Republic: 'We're not going to be able to go to a cemetery to visit Jhessye or leave flowers. Now we're just waiting for justice for Jhessye.'

Assistant Police Chief Rick St John apologized to the family for not being able to find Jhessye's body.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ost-750-000-turned-nothing.html#ixzz1z6aGnLPF

So sad for the searchers and all who have spent so much time and energy looking for Jhessye. It must be heartbreaking to stop.

Please know that you are heroes for looking so long and so hard.

I only pray that Jerice and her mother can still be brought to justice, and swiftly.

Sweet little Jhessye. We will still be here, waiting for you to get justice.

Jerice....there are no words in the English language that can effectively describe the kind of evil that inhabits the soul of a mother who could do this to her own child.

I sit here in my air conditioned house suffering from the current heat wave. I cannot even begin to imagine the heat that the searchers dealt with in their quest for Jhessye. They truly are heroes, even if they didnt find Jhessye. I have said many prayers for them and send them a million thanks for looking for our butterfly girl.

I can't even say anything about Jerice without getting on a time out. Suffice it to say that I have more admirable things to say about the tons of disgusting garbage that the searchers went thru than I have to say about her. Isn't Jerice pregnant? Surely they can't leave an innocent baby with her.

Jhessye, sweet butterfly. There are so many people in this world who love and care about you.

I know that LE and the searchers are devastated they could not bring you home. They worked tirelessly through this months. Endured such heat and hazard to try and find you.

Tycora and family... I have no words. I cannot fathom what you are feeling. But this is not the end. They will prosecute Jerice and she will have to look at four blank walls of a tiny cell every day and I hope to God that Jhessye's face, and the faces of all her abused and neglected children haunt her for eternity.

I am so sad by this outcome. But I am here to see this through and we will march on until Jerice is behind bars. Please Glendale PD have enough evidence to put away this monster and make her pay for the suffering of her children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde