AZ AZ - Mark Goudeau, Baseline killer & serial rapist, accused of 9 murders

Our agency received an advanced notice of a community meeting on the rapist.

It will be this Wednesday, July 12th, at 7pm at Loma Linda school.

If anyone wants the Phoenix Police Flyer, pm me and I will email it to you.

Hi Azlaw,

I live in Portland Or so I don't think a poster up would help, but maybe we have posters in your area that would help by putting up a poster.

It is just awful that Pheonix has this scourge of criminal activity going on. I have been so impressed with the PPD spokesman for the cases en groupe, know they are doing their very best but it is a tricky situation. The serial killer lurks around then speaks to someone before accosting and then killing them. I wonder why he needs to hear their voice - a turnon I suppose to get him excited.

The spokesman was on a show last night and Candice DeLong was a TH on the show. She had a lot to say in profiling him and what she would look for.

I watched the rerun and did notice several of her comments were edited out of the show. The main one I noticed was she had said since the killings moved to the NE {I think} area of town he had probably recently moved there. And she said he will probably move again with all the noteriety of the case! She might have said a bit too much, do you think?

Hope these criminals are caught soon. I'll be watching ;}

Scandi

Hi Scandi,

I agree with you about DeLong maybe saying too much. I think serial predators watch news coverage and probably benefit sometimes from the comments or "advice" that is given by TH's.

I'm confident that LE will catch both of our serial killers, but I hope it happens soon.

Here's a CNN article on both serial killers in the Phoenix area right now, in case you haven't seen it.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/12/phoenix.crime/index.html

I've read so many books and stories about serial killers, it's weird to know that there are two active serial killers in my area!

Thanks for the note AZ. I have been misinformed or took what was said on the news wrong I guess.

I thought there is one serial 'baseline killer' who was earlier dubbed the 'baseline rapist'.

Then you have someone driving a sedan who started shooting at dogs and horses. went to people and has shot what 18 - 27 of them with no warning or reason except he wants to shoot people. Have any of them died? I guess he would be called a serial predator who shoots people, but hadn't heard this designation given to him. In fact 3 days ago when I first heard your police spokseman, he mentioned there might be 2 people shooting at people from cars.

So Bizarre. And they could be feeding of each others accomplishments, right?

Talk to you tomorrow!~ Scandi

ETA: Oh, I forgot. I learned something really interesting from this spokesman on TV today. He said he wants people who see or talk to someone like this
Baseline killer to call 911. The reason for that is he knows that many of these victims were given enough of a chance or had enough time to call 911, but they didn't do it. Isn't that fascinating?

I live in AZ, although not in the area where he/they are striking, but close enough. The community is very scared - I watched the press conference last night and the room was packed - people were even standing in the back. They didn't release any new information about the suspects, except for saying that it's possible for them to change territories after the residents of the effected neighborhood start taking preventative action (walking in groups, not going out after dark etc.).

It is pretty interesting that we have two serial killers in our midst at the same time working overlapping territory. It makes me wonder if they know each other. The Baseline Rapist attacks pretty early - just after dark, while the Shooter waits until twilight hours to strike.

Here's an article that has a maps of the crimes etc. Roll over a dot, and it will have information on the type of crime, and the date it was committed.

http://www.azcentral.com/flash/0713.serial_shooter/serial-shooter.html

List of the rapists crimes:
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0712baselinerapist12-ON.html

List of the shooters crimes:
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0712serialshootercrimes12-ON-CR.html

I am very confident in the Phoenix PD's ability to catch these guys. They must have something - they changed their thought that there were 2 seperate shooters, and now know that there is only one, so I'm sure they are hot on the trail.

I also wanted to add, for the poster who mentioned Hurricane Katrina (I really thought that made sense!) Two crimes happened in early Aug, before Katrina even hit, so he's probably not a transplanted evacuee.

This morning while listening to the newscast about this on TV, I remembered something else Candice DeLong said that was cut out of the interview.

She said it's hot in Phoenix, and for anyone to wear a long sleeved shirt is because they are trying to cover up distinguishing marks on their arms. I wonder if the Phoenix police have programmed that into their computer? Could it be this guy knows the cops would make him if they saw his bare arms. That would mean he has a record, right? And there would be a description of the tatoos or whatever is on his arms.

Interesting thought Hoping4truth about if they know each other since the territories cross over into each other. The first info I got said it could be there were 2 shooters working in tandem, driving a sedan/s. Never heard any more about that thought.

Scandi

scandi said:
<snip>
She said it's hot in Phoenix, and for anyone to wear a long sleeved shirt is because they are trying to cover up distinguishing marks on their arms. I wonder if the Phoenix police have programmed that into their computer? Could it be this guy knows the cops would make him if they saw his bare arms. That would mean he has a record, right? And there would be a description of the tatoos or whatever is on his arms.
Scandi

Great thought, Scandi! And the fact that he had a 90 day break in his crimes (I haven't done the math, it was mentioned at the news conference) maybe he was in jail at that time. It could also explain why all of the 2006 attacks have happened in that one section of town, and very, very close together (between 24th and 32nd streets (East & West) and Thomas and Camelback (north and south) - he might have had a DUI or something, a crime where his car would be impounded, and now does all of the crimes on foot, when before, he might have had a vechicle.

scandi said:
This morning while listening to the newscast about this on TV, I remembered something else Candice DeLong said that was cut out of the interview.

Interesting thought Hoping4truth about if they know each other since the territories cross over into each other. The first info I got said it could be there were 2 shooters working in tandem, driving a sedan/s. Never heard any more about that thought.

Scandi

That's a great point Scandi.

Phoenix PD is asking people to call 911 if they see someone suspicious. I would certainly think it would be odd if someone wore a long sleeved shirt here right now, even at night.

I wonder if the FBI and local LE videotaped the community meeting or documented license plates or anything. I'm thinking that one or both of the killers might have attended the meeting.

Hi AZlaw, I was hoping you'd come tonight.

Good thought about the perps maybe being at the meeting. It is said serial killers, which they now both are, do follow the media because one thing they want to be is informed as to what the police are doing.

There is one thing I was thinking they have not mentioned about him. And actually the spokesman was reticent to give particulars about what early rape victims said about him. But he has to have a look in his eye. That is an individual thing. So individual, that if they put that first rape victim with him in a room, she could possibly know him just by the look in his eye. Eyes are so different, Moods, drugs, alcohol, happiness etc all set eyes in different looks. Lust also does the same thing.

Did you go? I saw a clip of the meeting on the news and people there are afraid to even leave their homes to dump their garbage!

Hoping, I think you are really on to something with that. It might be interesting to email this spokesman and ask if during that 3 month period, was anyone incarcerated that had distinguishing marks on his arms! I mean they are hungry for anything, right. LOL

They must have the best of the very best helping them now on these cases as they are so major. Candice DeLong for one. What she put together so quickly was brilliant I think. She also said because he crossed race zones in choosing his victims, he probably has a white mother, wife or ex-wife.

See you Manyana, and AZ, be careful. He likes both men and women, at least to kill!

Glad I'm not in Pheonix!

richandfamous said:
211_261_451a.jpg
211_261_451b.jpg

Anyone with information is asked to call Phoenix Police at 602-262-6141 or Silent Witness.

SUSPECT - B/M, 25-40yo, 5&#8217;6&#8221;- 6&#8217;, 140-200lbs, usually wears a long sleeve shirt with khaki pants. In some of the earlier incidents, he was described as being bald or shaved head. In the later incidents, he was described as having long hair, possibly a wig.

Anyone with information is asked to call Phoenix Police at 602-262-6141 or Silent Witness.

This guy does not look like a black man to me. Not in this or in the sketch. He looks native american.

And he doesn't look like he's 6' tall either. A skinny guy, as that white overshirt makes him look bigger. Bet he's not more than 145 lbs or so.

He might be wearing a wig as they say if he was bald last August. There was a 3 month period when he did nothing I think, but even though an indian's hair grows fast, it would take a lot longer to grow that head of hair in the photo. And if he isn't Indian, he wants to present himself as that with the hat. An Indian look for sure.

I'm thinking he's not black, but maybe a Chicano, or Mexican combo, with some white and maybe Indian in there too. Candice said she thought he had a white woman in his immediate family because he crossed race lines with his victims. Makes sense to me with a Chicano. I do know quite a bit about them. Unfortunately. Hot tempers, can't hold their alcohol, and not sure which heritage they want to adopt!

Good to see you Sweetie
Scandi PS: Hey, lets hope that this weekend something pops. OK ? They need this guy off the streets like now!~

I wasn't going by any hair or clothing in thinking the he is Native American. In the sketch, the eyes and cheek bones look like he might be Indian, and somewhat put together with the jawline. Then in the video still shot of him, I am going by his lighter complected hand and cheeks that can be seen on his face. The curve of his face from the side looks like an Indian as well as the straightness of his upper body and his stance. There's a bunch of Indian reservations all around Phoenix from 14 to 250 miles away.

Yes, I thought his stance was like an Indian would stand too, which was one thing I didn't mention that made me think he was at least part Indian. Whoever he is, he well could be of mixed blood after listening to Candice - she was very sharp Txsvicki, and as a Sleuther I was totally impressed with what she said. I've listened to her many times over the last few years, but that night she had an affirmity about her. And it just flowed out of her like magic. Anyway. if he is Indian, I think he likes that part of his heritage or feels comfortable with it.

I'm amazed after what our little thread has come up with that they haven't caught him yet! LOL Just yokin'. YaYa ;)

Scandi

Phoenix has TWO serial killers???? (Sorry if this was already posted.)

Phoenix killings spark serial killer scare By AMANDA LEE MYERS, Associated Press Writer

People aren't going out alone at night anymore. Co-workers are walking to their cars in pairs in the evenings. Parents aren't letting their children out of their sight.

Fear and paranoia have gripped this sprawling city amid reports that not one, but two serial killers have been striking separately in recent months, killing as many as 11 people at random on the darkened streets.

"I'm terrified," said 25-year-old Valerie Alvidrez, who lives alone with her 6-month-old daughter in the central Phoenix area where many of the killings have occurred. "It's scary. If something happens, I have to defend me and my daughter."

The killings and woundings of at least 16 other people evoked the terror of the 2002 Washington-area sniper shootings because of the randomness of the crimes and the fact the victims were struck down while going about their daily routines. People have been shot from behind while biking; one victim was vacuuming her car at a carwash, another was waiting for a bus.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060714/ap_on_re_us/phoenix_serial_killers&printer=1

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I did not attend the community meeting but there has been a lot of press on it around here.

Last night we went to a bar that is next door to the car wash where the most recent murder happened and they had several security guards in front of the bar and inside the door. It think they were monitoring the parking lot more than before.

Everywhere I go in Phoenix, I overhear people talking about the serial killers. It's very strange to actually have two active serial killers operating here. I've read a lot about serial killers, but it's a different feeling when it hits close to home.

I have two wonderful friends in Phoenix. One lives alone!
Thinking I will call them this week to make sure they are locking their
doors....
Do you think we will ever feel safe anywhere?
Trouble in Washington State Park ( Two women are murdered)
Trouble in Phoenix (Serial Murder on the loose)
Trouble in Vermont/New Hampshire (too many missing/homicides)
Too many missing in too many states.......
Sad days for America.............

Angels_Not_Forgotten said:
where can I go to find the sketch?
When I was in AZ a couple weeks ago I saw the sketch on TV. I'll see if I can get it from one of their TV news sites.

Hi Anthrobones,

You're a sweetie, but we did get a copy of the sketches.

Hi AZlaw,

Being a little detective there, you lucky! How cool, but it is such a serious situation so be careful. I'm hoping this weekend we might learn something new.

I took a look at all the crimes and when they happened. It was interesting to learn how the two killers overlap the areas where they commit their crimes. And also the pattern of more than one crime being committed on certain days by the same killer - up to 3 I think. I haven't looked to see if they both committed a crime on the same day. But at times it seems like they could almost cross each others path! Bizarre, huh? I often have wondered if they know each other.

Well lets hope we get good news soon.

Scand

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member