AZ AZ - Mark Goudeau, Baseline killer & serial rapist, accused of 9 murders

scandi said:
Hi Anthrobones,

You're a sweetie, but we did get a copy of the sketches.

Hi AZlaw,

Being a little detective there, you lucky! How cool, but it is such a serious situation so be careful. I'm hoping this weekend we might learn something new.

I took a look at all the crimes and when they happened. It was interesting to learn how the two killers overlap the areas where they commit their crimes. And also the pattern of more than one crime being committed on certain days by the same killer - up to 3 I think. I haven't looked to see if they both committed a crime on the same day. But at times it seems like they could almost cross each others path! Bizarre, huh? I often have wondered if they know each other.

Well lets hope we get good news soon.

Scand
Hi Scandi,

Has anyone chronologically listed, detailed, and mapped out where the crimes occirred?? Thanks--PS they had the Mexican platter, bowl, and spoon, marked down to $9.97 yesterday at my Costco. I bought a second one and will take the high priced one back..

Hi sweetie,

In post 20 Hope4truth gave us three maps which is where I got the info. The 1st one, a map is cool, as you clik on a site and it tells the date and crime. I was going to later compare dates of both killers to see if they both committed a crime on the same day. They are so close in area it is amazing.

But instead of that, think I'll head to Costco! Baa Haa Haa and a Ho De Hi Ho! :D Seriously, it would make a great gift, right. Maybe the other one you bought will be on sale. Christmas shopping in July. YaYa :rolleyes:

Scandi

scandi said:
Hi sweetie,

SNIP

Maybe the other one you bought will be on sale. Christmas shopping in July. YaYa :rolleyes:

Scandi
OFF TOPIC, Thanks Scandi, I'm watching and waiting for the other one to be closed out.

I'll go and check out the post you referenced.

Baseline Killer: Serial Shooter:

Sketch of Baseline Killer
http://www.620ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=196841

Phoenix on Edge Stalked by Serial Shooter and KillerPolice Blame 38 Shootings on One Person; Hunt 'Baseline Rapist'

July 11, 2006 — Thirty-eight shootings in the Phoenix area over the past 15 months are the work of a lone serial gunman and not two separate individuals, as investigators previously thought, police said Tuesday.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2180417&page=1

1- Thursday, 5/24/2005, Murder, 700 Block of West Camelback Road, 1:08 a.m.

2- Sunday, 6/26/2005, Shooting, 1600 Block of North 83rd Avenue, 1:08 a.m. advertisement

3- Wednesday, 6/29/2005, Murder, 1500 Block of North of 83rd Avenue, 3:32 a.m.

4- Wednesday, 6/29/2005, Animal Shooting, 500 block of North Georgia Way, 8:50 a.m.

5- Tuesday, 7/19/2005, Animal Shootings, 1200 block of West Alzora Way, 6 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.

6- Wednesday, 7/20/2005, Animal Shooting, 3000 block of N 87th Avenue, 12:08 a.m.

7- Monday, 7/25/2005, Animal Shooting, 2300 block of 107th Avenue, 1:40 a.m.

8- Monday, 7/25/2005, Animal Shooting, 900 block of North Alzora Way

9- Friday, 8/5/2005, Animal Shooting, 900 block of North Lizanne Way

10- Saturday, 8/6/2005, Animal Shooting, 6800 block of West Heatherbrae Drive, 12:34 p.m.

1- Saturday, 8/6/2005, Sexual Assault, 7200 block of South 48th Street, 9:45 p.m.

2- Monday, 8/8/2005, Murder, 3700 block of South Mill Avenue, 1 a.m. advertisement

3- Sunday, 8/14/2005, Sexual Assault, 2400 block of East Thomas Road, 4:10 a.m.

4- Sunday, 8/14/2005, Robbery, 2400 block of East Thomas Road, 4:10 a.m.

5- Sunday, 8/28/2005, Robbery, 1400 block of West Baseline Road.

6- Thursday, 9/15/2005, Sexual Assault, 4500 block of North 40th Street, 9:40 p.m.

7- Tuesday, 9/20/2005, Sexual Assault, 3100 block of West Vineyard Road, 10:30 p.m.

8- Wednesday, 9/28/2005, Robbery, 7200 block of South Central Avenue, 9:30 p.m.

9- Wednesday, 9/28/2005, Sexual Assault, 7200 block of South Central Avenue, 9:30 p.m.

10- Thursday, 11/3/2005, Robbery, 4000 block of North 32nd Street , 8:01 p.m.

11- Thursday, 11/3/2005, Sexual Assault, 3100 block of East Indian School Road, 8:10 p.m.

12- Monday, 11/7/2005, Robbery, 2900 block of North 32nd Street, 8:08 p.m.

13- Monday, 11/7/2005, Robbery, 2900 block of North 32nd Street, 9:08 p.m.

14- Monday, 11/7/2005, Robbery, 900 block of North 32nd Street, 9:08 p.m.

11- Friday, 11/11/2005, Animal Shooting, 5000 block of North 61st Drive, 9:45 p.m.

12- Friday, 11/11/2005, Animal Shooting, 5100 block of North 65th Avenue, 9:48 p.m.

15- Monday, 12/12/2005, Murder, 6000 block of South 40th Street, 6:55 p.m.

16- Tuesday, 12/13/2005, Robbery, 700 block of East South Mountain Avenue, 4 p.m.

13- Thursday, 12/29/2005, Animal Shooting, 3000 block of East Glenrosa Avenue, 10:23 p.m.

14- Thursday, 12/29/2005, Shooting, 900 block of West Woodland Avenue, 11:39 p.m.

15- Thursday, 12/29/2005, Murder, 200 block of North 10th Avenue, 11:39 p.m.

16- Thursday, 12/29/2005, Murder, 100 block of South 10th Avenue, 11:39 p.m.

17- Friday, 12/30/2005, Animal Shooting, 3400 block of East Granada Road, 12:10 a.m.

18- Friday, 12/30/2005, Shooting, 3400 block of East Van Buren Street, 12:15 a.m.

19- Friday, 12/30/2005, Animal Shooting, 2800 block North 34th Street

20- Friday, 3/10/2006, Shooting, 4000 block of West Camelback Road, 1:30 a.m.

17- Wednesday, 03/15/2006, Murder, 4100 block of North 24th Street, 9 p.m.

18- Wednesday, 03/15/2006, Murder, 4100 block of North 24th Street, 9 p.m.

19- Wednesday, 03/29/2006, Murder, 2500 block of North 24th Street, 12 a.m.

20- Monday, 05/01/2006, Sexual Assault, 2900 block of North 32nd Street, 9 p.m.

21- Tuesday, 5/2/2006, Shooting, 400 block of North 44th Street, 10:05 p.m.

22- Tuesday, 5/2/2006, Murder, 6100 block of East Thomas Road, 10 p.m.

23- Tuesday, 5/30/2006, Shooting, 4800 block of North 89th Avenue, 11:05 p.m.

24- Wednesday, 5/31/2006, Shooting, 7000 block of West Indian School Road, 1:37 a.m.

25- Wednesday, 5/31/2006, Shooting, 8600 block of West Camelback Road, 1:46 a.m.

26- Wednesday, 5/31/2006, Shooting, 7800 block of West Indian School Road, 11:32 p.m.

27- Sunday, 6/11/2006, Shooting, 10100 block of West Camelback Road, 10:25 p.m.

28- Tuesday, 6/20/2006, Shooting, 900 block of East Indian School Road, 1:58 a.m.

29- Tuesday, 6/20/2006, Shooting, 4400 block of East Van Buren Street, 2:21 a.m.

21- Thursday, 06/29/2006, Murder, 2900 block of East Thomas Road, 9:51 p.m.

30- Saturday, 7/1/2006, Shooting, 2500 block of East Van Buren Street, 1:23 a.m.

31- Saturday, 7/1/2006, Shooting, 1600 block of East Oak Street, 1:53 a.m.

32- Monday, 7/3/2006, Shooting, 2500 block of East Indian School Road, 3:12 a.m.

33- Saturday, 7/8/2006, Shooting, 4200 block of North 44th Street, 2:40 a.m.

34- Saturday, 7/8/2006, Shooting, 5000 block of East Van Buren Street, 3:03 a.m

Hey Buzz,

Don''t laugh as this may seem like a dumb question to you. :rolleyes:
:waitasec: I think I heard tonight something like there are 6 or 8 difinitive matches to 1 person on these Serial Shooter crimes. How else would LE determine they thought all these crimes were done by the same person if there wasn't matching amo frrom each one. They don't even know what he/she looks like.

Scandi

scandi said:
Hey Buzz,

Don''t laugh as this may seem like a dumb question to you. :rolleyes:
:waitasec: I think I heard tonight something like there are 6 or 8 difinitive matches to 1 person on these Serial Shooter crimes. How else would LE determine they thought all these crimes were done by the same person if there wasn't matching amo frrom each one. They don't even know what he/she looks like.

Scandi
I haven't read about the crimes yet Scandi, and what LE is saying, and what their reasoning is. Give me a couple of days to digest some of the info available, and I'll get back to you.

Scandi,

That's an interesting thought, that they might know each other or cross paths.

You wouldn't believe how many women I've seen walking on the sidewalk at night alone or just with one other woman in Phoenix lately. The killers seem to be the topic of conversation everywhere I go, but when I drive through that part of Phoenix at night, I see many women walking alone. It just so happens that there are many people who live in that part of Phoenix who don't have vehicles, so they do a lot of walking or ride the bus. I'm just surprised that they aren't changing their habits until these killers are caught. I saw two women walking slowly past that car wash where the last victim was killed and they didn't even seem to be paying attention to their surroundings.

Did you read about the other suspect in one of the murders recanting his confession? I wish we knew more about his confession. They have tied that murder to the serial killer so if this guy knew too much, he probably knows who the serial killer is. The police say they have ruled out this guy as the serial killer.

I have been reading your posts - all of you have great thoughts. It really makes me scratch my head and wonder "what if".

I, personally, thought the Baseline Killer looked hispanic in the sketch. If witnesses/victims describe him as a black male, then maybe a black/hispanic mix (I know a few puerto ricans who could pass for being black).

Hoping, that is a great point. I've been wondering if LE is certain of his race. If LE says to look for a black man and the killer is really hispanic, it will be very difficult to find him.

Agreed, and don't forget Candice saying the fact he killed people of several races is very unua=sal for a serial killer, and he probably has a mother, wife or ex-wife who is white.

That makes him a Malotto if he is also black or a Chicano if he is also Mexican. And there is also the possibility he is part white, Mexican and Indian, also called a Chicano. In Texas down by Padre Island, that whole area has a lot of Indian-Mexican combinations {Navaho}, so it is quite common. It might be the same in Arizona with the Aztecs.

Any news? LOL Scandi

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0718guardianangels0718.html

The Guardian Angels are patroling the streets in Phoenix now. I've heard several people say they have seen the angels with their red berets driving in cars. I thought they only rode bikes.

I also heard that he actually talks to his victims at first and is friendly, so if a person recognized the killer somehow, they would have plenty of time to call 911 before the attack.

(AP) A series of sniper-style murders, rapes and robberies has paralyzed the southwestern desert city of Phoenix, Arizona in fear as police remain unable to find clues to the crime wave.

Police are searching for two distinct shooters believed responsible for 11 murders and as many as 37 robberies and sexual assaults since last summer.

But investigators are stymied and hoping that cash rewards of 100,000 dollars may flush out the killers.

"Phoenix is and will remain a safe city," said Mayor Phil Gordon in a recent press conference. "We're all working 24-7 to get these animals off the street, and we will," he promised.

The killers have struck after dark, mostly in West Phoenix. Victims have been shot at bus stops, riding bicycles, and washing their cars.

Police investigators believe that the violence began last summer when several horses and dogs were found shot. One month later, the shooter or shooters moved on to human targets.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060718/ts_alt_afp/uscrimesniper&printer=1

Azlaw said:
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0718guardianangels0718.html

The Guardian Angels are patroling the streets in Phoenix now. I've heard several people say they have seen the angels with their red berets driving in cars. I thought they only rode bikes.

I also heard that he actually talks to his victims at first and is friendly, so if a person recognized the killer somehow, they would have plenty of time to call 911 before the attack.

Hmm...That's an interesting tidbit. I wonder if the victims heard any type of accent -then wouldn't that help the public ID the assailant - especially since he seems to wear disguises? Of course, in Phoenix, there are people from everywhere, so if he sounded Jamacan, for instance, everyone would think that the killer was Jamacan, when he could have been faking it. I guess it's good that LE won't release that info to the public. People could assume that the killer was a certain type of person, and then they would become easy targets. They'd never think that an Indian was the killer, if the police told the public he was Jamacan.
Things have calmed down. He seemed to have a pattern of committing a crime every few days. It's been almost a week since the press conference and nothing. I hope he hasn't skipped town, onto easier prey. As much as I don't want any more victims ANYWHERE, long less Phoenix, the LE in Phoenix would be more equipped to handle this type of situation, instead of somewhere like Prescott.

Homeless man shot outside West Valley Circle K
Police say shooting likely not connected to serial killers

Christopher Kline
azcentral.com
Jul. 19, 2006 07:02 AM

A man was shot in the chest on Wednesday morning while sitting outside a West Valley convenience store, police said.

The shooting happened around 1:30 a.m. at a Circle K near 43rd Avenue and Thomas Road. Police said it likely was not connected to any of the Valley’s serial shooter cases.

Officials are reviewing surveillance tape, but have no information about any suspect.

Crews took the victim, believed to be homeless, to St. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center.

Police said he is expected to survive.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0719Shooting19-ON.html

Hopefully they're right.

I was wondering if anyone had a chance to do a search on myspace in the Phoenix area for a person who would fit this description. I would normally do it, but they have banned myspace here at work. :furious:

You can do a speific search for Sex, Age, Race and so on.

Sent via the AP Newswire late last night:

AP-Phoenix Serial Killers

Phoenix police release more information on serial killers

PHOENIX (AP) - Arizona authorities believe two serial killers
are to blame for randomly attacking at least 41 people since May,
2005 and are to blame for at least eleven deaths.
Police call one suspect the "Baseline Killer" because he
shoots his victims in the head, sometimes using medium- or
large-caliber weapons. That's according to examinations of victims
in five of six shootings attributed to him.
Another suspected serial killer is known as the "Serial
Shooter." Autopsy reports show he uses small-caliber weapons or a
small-gauge shotgun in three of five shootings. The victims linked
to him were wounded in the torso, chest or neck.
Details of the crimes were released by the Maricopa County
Medical Examiner's Office. The killings have prompted a massive
investigation and put community watch groups on high alert.

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Records raise question: Baseline Killer or Killers?
'Suspects' cited in autopsy reports

Judi Villa and Lindsey Collom
The Arizona Republic
Jul. 20, 2006 12:00 AM

A business owner reportedly saw "suspects" with a "drawn handgun" standing over one of the victims slain by the "Baseline Killer," raising questions about whether more than one gunman was involved, according to autopsy reports.

The autopsy reports also reveal that some of the victims slain by the Baseline Killer were shot in the head at close range, and at least one apparently tried to block the bullets with her hand.

Autopsy reports on five of six of the victims reveal a similar pattern of gunshot wounds, with at least one mentioning "large caliber" bullets. Bullet fragments were recovered from four of the five victims whose autopsies were available. advertisement

Phoenix police Sgt. Andy Hill declined to comment on weapons information Wednesday night, saying the information would only help the suspects.

"When you give out information to the public, you have to decide: Are we educating the public or are we educating the suspect?" Hill said earlier in the day.

The Baseline Killer is linked to six slayings since last September. He also is believed to be responsible for a series of sexual assaults and robberies that began last August.

Autopsy reports indicate four of the five victims were clothed when their bodies were found. The autopsy report on the sixth victim was not available.

The reports say a witness saw more than one suspect standing over the body of Tina Washington, a 39-year-old preschool teacher and mother of two who was snatched from a bus stop at 40th Street and Southern Avenue and killed on Dec. 12.

Only Kristin Nicole Gibbons, 26, whose body was found March 29, was undressed.

Autopsy reports also shed new light on the city's other serial predator, the "Serial Shooter," who is believed to be responsible for 34 shootings since May 2005. Five people have been killed.

The Serial Shooter reportedly used small-caliber weapons in three of the five fatal shootings, according to the reports.

Four victims were shot in the torso or chest; one was shot in the neck. The autopsy of the shooter's most recent victim, Claudia Gutierrez-Cruz, 20, indicated she was slain by shotgun. Gutierrez-Cruz was walking on a sidewalk in Scottsdale when she was killed May 2.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0720serial0720.html
Yikes! Now there might be 2 Baseline killers??
I'm still not sure how they think the Shooter shot all these people when different guns were used? Because they drive down the street and shoot at people walking by themselves?

Thanks for the links. It sounds like each killer must have more than one gun and changes them with attacks to throw off police~! I wonder if they somehow work together, except that would be too bizarre for words.

Scandi

PS: I can't post the link because somehow my puter has no address bar when I Google up a link, but I read an interesting article about the man brought up from Kentucky in Jan who had admitted he shot a lady in Tempe. He went there with a friend he knew from Kentucky and some other dude he described as very scary. So scary he didn't want to rat on him.

Last week this guy recinded his story when the police told him he couldn't have done it because she wasn't killed on the street where he said, but rather in her apt a ways away from there. But the police stated in the article they thought this scary guy could be the Baselkine killer as they have definite proof she was indeed killed by the Baseline killer! By the way, this guy said he had come up to Pheonix with his friend to make a drug deal.

hoping4truth said:
Records raise question: Baseline Killer or Killers?
'Suspects' cited in autopsy reports

Judi Villa and Lindsey Collom
The Arizona Republic
Jul. 20, 2006 12:00 AM

A business owner reportedly saw "suspects" with a "drawn handgun" standing over one of the victims slain by the "Baseline Killer," raising questions about whether more than one gunman was involved, according to autopsy reports.

The autopsy reports also reveal that some of the victims slain by the Baseline Killer were shot in the head at close range, and at least one apparently tried to block the bullets with her hand.

Autopsy reports on five of six of the victims reveal a similar pattern of gunshot wounds, with at least one mentioning "large caliber" bullets. Bullet fragments were recovered from four of the five victims whose autopsies were available. advertisement

Phoenix police Sgt. Andy Hill declined to comment on weapons information Wednesday night, saying the information would only help the suspects.

"When you give out information to the public, you have to decide: Are we educating the public or are we educating the suspect?" Hill said earlier in the day.

The Baseline Killer is linked to six slayings since last September. He also is believed to be responsible for a series of sexual assaults and robberies that began last August.

Autopsy reports indicate four of the five victims were clothed when their bodies were found. The autopsy report on the sixth victim was not available.

The reports say a witness saw more than one suspect standing over the body of Tina Washington, a 39-year-old preschool teacher and mother of two who was snatched from a bus stop at 40th Street and Southern Avenue and killed on Dec. 12.

Only Kristin Nicole Gibbons, 26, whose body was found March 29, was undressed.

Autopsy reports also shed new light on the city's other serial predator, the "Serial Shooter," who is believed to be responsible for 34 shootings since May 2005. Five people have been killed.

The Serial Shooter reportedly used small-caliber weapons in three of the five fatal shootings, according to the reports.

Four victims were shot in the torso or chest; one was shot in the neck. The autopsy of the shooter's most recent victim, Claudia Gutierrez-Cruz, 20, indicated she was slain by shotgun. Gutierrez-Cruz was walking on a sidewalk in Scottsdale when she was killed May 2.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0720serial0720.html
Yikes! Now there might be 2 Baseline killers??
I'm still not sure how they think the Shooter shot all these people when different guns were used? Because they drive down the street and shoot at people walking by themselves?
If there were more than one suspect at the scene, maybe one was Baseline and the other the Serial Shooter? Perhaps they are working together as a two man crime spree? Just a thought.

Police: Only 1 suspect in Baseline Killer case

Associated Press
Jul. 20, 2006 01:20 PM

Police said Thursday that they're certain only one person is responsible for a shooting linked to the "Baseline Killer" despite an autopsy report that said "suspects" were seen standing over the victim.

Police spokesman Sgt. Andy Hill said investigators were initially uncertain whether anyone else was involved in the shooting of Tina Marie Washington on Dec. 12.

But now, Hill said, "there's certainty in our minds we have one suspect only involving the Tina Washington homicide. There was not a second suspect present."

The Maricopa County Medical Examiners report said "the woman was apparently assaulted by one or more gunman and fatally wounded in a driveway behind a business establishment. A nearby business owner reportedly saw suspects standing over the victim with a drawn handgun."

Washington, 39, was slain behind a liquor store. Police have linked the Baseline Killer to her shooting as well as five others in the Phoenix area.

Investigators continue to search for clues, but so far they have no suspects and no new information about what he may look like.

A second killer also is terrorizing Phoenix residents. Police say an assailant dubbed the "Serial Shooter" is responsible for killing five people and wounding 16 others during a spree that's lasted more than a year.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0720BaselineKiller20-ON.html

I wish that the journalists would talk these things over with law enforcement prior to releasing stories. The Media is too into sensationalizing these things instead of keeping their readers safe! Not to mention the heyday this perp is having cutting all of these stories out of the newspaper. He's probably delighted on how overblown this whole thing has gotten!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back