AZ AZ - Mikelle Biggs, 11, Mesa, 2 Jan 1999

I'd like to know who gave the information for the composites. I was looking at Google maps and the corner house, were Mikelle was waiting for the ice cream man, has a driveway up to the garage on the side of the house. That driveway is actually on the street she lived on. I really hope that house was search back then.

"'Missing in Arizona' event planned for families, friends" <modsnip: broken link>

Kimber Biggs plans to participate. Her 11-year-old sister Mikelle Biggs disappeared on January 2, 1999 while waiting for an ice cream truck. "The picture of that bike laying on the road still haunts me," Biggs said.

Kimber Biggs was 9-years-old when her older sister vanished. "Some things have gotten a little blurry but the feeling of the absence of Mikelle it never goes away," she says. "I mean, day to day life is affected by the fact that my sister's not with me. The feeling I get the day it happened, the overwhelming sadness and confusion and fear is just as strong if not stronger today."

Last edited by a moderator:
Mikelle Biggs disappearance, sister speaks on cold case

"I would day dream that she would come knock on the door, walk in or they would find her and she was fine, I had those hopes for a long time," said Kimber Biggs, Mikelle's sister.

Detectives say they're still getting leads.

As for the family, they're already convinced they know who's responsible.

"Our main suspect is Dee Blalock, who's in jail for life," Biggs said. "We feel it was him, my parents went and visited him in jail and feel very strongly it's him."

Last edited by a moderator:
635822469620617310-bike7.jpg

Detective Steve Barry stands with Mikelle Biggs' bicycle in the property room at the Mesa Police Department on Friday, Dec. 20, 2008. Detective Barry was one of the many officers searching for Mikelle when she went missing.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ona-biggs-sister-speaks-mikelle-cns/75166706/

Does anyone have the address where the possible POI - convicted Dee L Blalock lived at the time? Was two blocks from Mikelle's home.
Also for the record, the birth date on all the missing Charley Project etc have her year of birth incorrect. She was born 31 May 1989 as per memorial stone laid by family. ... This thread on Page 1 #12.

Also for the record, the birth date on all the missing Charley Project etc have her year of birth incorrect. She was born 31 May 1989 as per memorial stone laid by family. ... This thread on Page 1 #12.
That is weird...if she was born in May 1989 and disappeared in January 1999, she would have been 9 when she disappeared, not 11.

Does anyone have the address where the possible POI - convicted Dee L Blalock lived at the time? Was two blocks from Mikelle's home.

That is odd but I think she was 11 at the time. When Kimber (Mikelle's sister) did a AMA last year, she said Mikelle was 11.

"She was a sixth-grade honor student at Lindbergh Elementary School in Mesa, Arizona" --- is that indicative of age 9 or 11?

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=43532193

That's more indicative of age 11.

Most kids in 6th grade are 11 or 12, depending on what time of year they became eligible to start kindergarten (in my state, you have to be 5 by a certain date in August/September in order to start, otherwise you have to wait until the next school year starts). You can start 6th grade as young as 10, but you'd probably have to skip a grade.

Here is the latest article that I found about the case. I have lived in Mesa my whole life and the area that she vanished from is not a great area. There were at the time and continue to be a many number of sexual predators residing in the area. There is also a high volume of gang activity in the area. I hope one day her family is able to find closure.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...-by-mikelle-biggs-1999-mesa-abduction-7813591

i am new to this site and dont know if this is the right place to post this but hopefully can be pointed in the right direction. this case really bothers me cause im same age and i grew up in mesa. i may have possible info on where she might be. my mom and i lived in globe az around the time of her disaperence and she tells me one of the guys involved told her pretty good details where she might be. i got ahold of mesa records and got dtetctives number thats curently on the case. unfortunately its not enough info for her to try to go on and i understand cause people give false tips all the time. but i wont stop trying to find any resources possible till where i am told she may possibly be is ruled out or bring closer to the family. ground penetrating radar possibly or any help trying to find the guy that spoke to my mom about it. i only know his first and last name. any help or point in right direction would be much appreciated.

i am new to this site and dont know if this is the right place to post this but hopefully can be pointed in the right direction. this case really bothers me cause im same age and i grew up in mesa. i may have possible info on where she might be. my mom and i lived in globe az around the time of her disaperence and she tells me one of the guys involved told her pretty good details where she might be. i got ahold of mesa records and got dtetctives number thats curently on the case. unfortunately its not enough info for her to try to go on and i understand cause people give false tips all the time. but i wont stop trying to find any resources possible till where i am told she may possibly be is ruled out or bring closer to the family. ground penetrating radar possibly or any help trying to find the guy that spoke to my mom about it. i only know his first and last name. any help or point in right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks for joining websleuths I hope and pray your info leads to something. Thank you for caring about Mikelle's case.

I'm so sorry to hear about Detective Gates' passing. It's always sad for these victims when the original detectives assigned to their cases, who tended to have the most passion for them, IMO, can no longer do that work. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Mikelle was mentioned in a story about missing kids in Arizona:
Mikelle&#8217;s disappearance outside her home has generated intense investigation by the Mesa Police Department. Her younger sister, Kimber, was the last to person to see her. The two girls had gone outside to wait for the ice-cream truck that Mikelle thought she had heard on Jan. 2, 1998. Kimber went back into their home and returned after a minute or two and Mikelle had vanished.

Her case remains open today. She has never been found. No body has ever been discovered and no firm evidence about what happened to her has been discovered. A suspect never has been publicly identified in her case.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...y-arizona-children-reported-missing/90757204/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back