AZ AZ - Mikelle Biggs, 11, Mesa, 2 Jan 1999

Mesa's Mikelle Biggs, 11, disappeared in 90 seconds while waiting for an ice-cream truck

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2017/01/02/missing-arizona-children-mesa-mikelle-biggs-1999-disappeared-90-seconds-while-waiting-ice-cream-truck/94563828/

It’s been 18 years since Mikelle Biggs disappeared Jan. 2, 1999. Her sister, Kimber Biggs, was the last person to see her.

Mikelle is one of Arizona's 59 missing children in the National Institute of Justice’s Missing and Unidentified Persons System, a database under the U.S. Department of Justice.

Her case officially remains open today.

Her body never has been found.

No suspect ever has been identified.

No firm evidence of what happened to her has been uncovered.

There are theories — and they have run the gamut, sending detectives chasing tips from Pennsylvania to Mexico. Theories of drug smugglers taking Mikelle to Mexico. Speculation that the ice-cream truck finally arrived on the block but accidentally hit her. Suppositions that a sexual predator, a neighbor, snatched her.

But they are only theories.

Mikelle's sister Kimber has been posting on FB recently about the case. She's doing so Q&A in the comments section and she mentioned that police did eventually find the trailer of the neighbor but when they found it was cleaned and emptied.

seandbrady, Have you had any luck submitting your tip?

i am new to this site and dont know if this is the right place to post this but hopefully can be pointed in the right direction. this case really bothers me cause im same age and i grew up in mesa. i may have possible info on where she might be. my mom and i lived in globe az around the time of her disaperence and she tells me one of the guys involved told her pretty good details where she might be. i got ahold of mesa records and got dtetctives number thats curently on the case. unfortunately its not enough info for her to try to go on and i understand cause people give false tips all the time. but i wont stop trying to find any resources possible till where i am told she may possibly be is ruled out or bring closer to the family. ground penetrating radar possibly or any help trying to find the guy that spoke to my mom about it. i only know his first and last name. any help or point in right direction would be much appreciated.

POI Dee Blalock most likely got her.... About Four doors down from his house is the back of a storage place business located on East Sourthern Ave. Did he or his wife rent a unit there? Was it checked? Girls were on corner of his street just 2 blocks away. Dee Blalock could have grabed her in car and had her at his storage unit within 90 seconds. Storage units are used by many killers.

19 years later, missing Mesa girl still haunts sister

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/news/years-later-missing-mesa-girl-still-haunts-sister/article_b5b89afc-ee68-11e7-9dc2-efc1a351dc18.html

Mikelle’s disappearance has changed Kimber’s life forever in so many ways.

She is a watchful, possessive “helicopter mom” who drives Tayven to school each morning and picks him up every afternoon.

“I think it has affected my parenting. I don’t let my kid out of my sight. I get anxiety. I have to see him,” she said. “I don’t remember having any anxiety problems before (Mikelle vanished). “It’s gotten worse since I had my son. It’s really understanding what my mom went through.”

Someday, Kimber says she would like to write a biography of Mikelle, so that people would understand her as a person and not just as a high-profile victim of one of Mesa’s most heartbreaking crimes.

Snipped from https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...ar-bill-wisconsin/440006002/?from=new-cookie:

Tip in Mesa 11-year-old's disappearance shows up on dollar bill in Wisconsin

Neenah Police Investigator Adam Streubel said he examined the bill and questions its authenticity. He noted that Mikella’s first name is misspelled and suspects that it could be a senseless joke. [...]

Detective Steve Berry, a Mesa police spokesman, said detectives were looking into the evidence after they were alerted of the dollar Monday morning.

He didn’t discount the potential investigative value of the dollar bill found in Neenah.

"We don't get a lot of tips any more, but we occasionally do. We always follow up on it. We always hope that might be the one that breaks the case," Berry told The Arizona Republic.

Is it possible for a child abducted at age 11 to forget how her name is spelled? My gut tells me it's a cruel joke. But after Jaycee Dugard....I guess anything is possible.

Mikelle would now be 30 years of age.

Since the handwriting on the dollar bill was presumably a child's, was it compared to Mikelle's handwriting?

Can LE determine how old the handwriting on the dollar bill is? If it was written in ink, would it fade over time?

Canada no longer prints or uses one dollar bills - they were replaced with loonies which are copper coins. The last dollar bill printed in Ottawa Canada was in 1964.

Maybe she wrote Mikel instead of Mikelle to save space?

Mikelle would now be 30 years of age.

Since the handwriting on the dollar bill was presumably a child's, was it compared to Mikelle's handwriting?

Can LE determine how old the handwriting on the dollar bill is? If it was written in ink, would it fade over time?

Canada no longer prints or uses one dollar bills - they were replaced with loonies which are copper coins. The last dollar bill printed in Ottawa Canada was in 1964.

Maybe she wrote Mikel instead of Mikelle to save space?

As much as I’d like to think this was legit, seems like a hoax... you’d think that if someone really did put a note like this on a dollar bill they’d include something to help locate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4A61290800000578-5524067-image-m-17_1521571085442.jpg

The dollar bill, which has a cryptic message written on it, turned up last week in Wisconsin more than 1,400 miles away from where Mikelle went missing.
'My name is Mikel Biggs kidnapped From Mesa AZ I'm Alive,' the message reads.
The bill, which is from 2009, was handed over to police in Neenah on March 14.
While it appears to be written in child-like handwriting, Mikelle's first name is spelled wrong.
Neenah Police Investigator Adam Streubel told the Arizona Republic that they have been investigating the clue but fear it might not be legitimate and could be a cruel joke.
Streubel said it was proving impossible to trace how the note ended up in Neenah and how many people have come in contact with the bill.

I don't think that necessarily looks like a child's handwriting.

Very strange. The bill is only from 9 years ago? So it had to be written on in that time frame. Is this a very well known case? I honestly hadn't heard of it until today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back