GUILTY AZ - Sidney Cranston, 40, Kingman, 16 June 2015 *Arrest*

when men go missing like this suicide is the first thing that comes to mind,hopefully that's not the case.

A neighbor, who didn't wish to be identified, told Sidney Cranston's brother, Chris Cranston, that he witnessed something suspicious about 1:45 p.m. Tuesday.

“He saw Sid speaking to [someone in] a white SUV. [Sid] went in the garage, back to what he was doing, and the next time he looked over, the garage was closed, Sid was gone and the SUV was gone,” Chris Cranston said.

Chris Cranston and Blanco said Sid Cranston recently had a disagreement with a couple he sold property to. Blanco said the couple has a white SUV.

Blanco said he believes a 10-acre property located down a dirt road was the last place his friend was headed before he disappeared. He was supposed to have shown the property to clients. No one knows who those clients are.

Read more: http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/29381586/search-underway-for-missing-az-realtor#ixzz3dtAjYWsc

I can't imagine that a real estate agent would have a potential customer pick you up from your house.

A neighbor, who didn't wish to be identified, told Sidney Cranston's brother, Chris Cranston, that he witnessed something suspicious about 1:45 p.m. Tuesday.

“He saw Sid speaking to [someone in] a white SUV. [Sid] went in the garage, back to what he was doing, and the next time he looked over, the garage was closed, Sid was gone and the SUV was gone,” Chris Cranston said.

Chris Cranston and Blanco said Sid Cranston recently had a disagreement with a couple he sold property to. Blanco said the couple has a white SUV.

Read more: http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/29381586/search-underway-for-missing-az-realtor#ixzz3duIL1ReN

I see absolutely nothing suspicious about what the neighbor saw. It was stated early on that he was picked up at his home by a client(s) in order to go out and show property. Sounds to me like that is exactly what the neighbor saw happen. What's suspicious about it ? Somebody want to help me out here.....?

I think it is because of this.
And they saw him talking to someone in a white SUV. that would be suspicious to me.

Done some digging, here are Sidney's properties with 10 acres that he has listed on his site and their rough locations. I know if I were LE I'd be checking these places out first:

Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 19.18.26.png

Here's an update from the Kingman Police Department, including a more recent photo of Sidney:

**Missing Person:Sidney Cranston Jr.-Updated Photo & Reward for Information**
The Mohave County Sheriff’s Office and the Kingman Police Department have an updated photo of Sidney Cranston Jr. which is more current. Mohave Silent Witness is offering a $500 reward for any information leading to the whereabouts and location of missing person Sidney Cranston Jr. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Kingman Police Department by calling (928) 753-2191; report tips online at www.kingmanpolice.com; or report anonymously by calling Mohave Silent Witness at (928) 753-1234.

https://www.facebook.com/CityofKing...090418909006/1608115766106471/?type=1&theater

How would his brother know he had thousands of $ in his pocket?

And from a link posted...Cranston is described as 5’9”, 162 pounds, brown hair, blue eyes, and a light growth of facial hair. He was last seen wearing grey ball cap, prescription glasses, white sleeveless t-shirt, blue jeans, and multicolored tennis shoes

Was the neighbor the last to see him?

I've worked with a lot of Realtors and never, ever seen any of them dressed that casual to show property. Matter of fact, I don't ever recall them "showing" vacant land. Usually, the client would drive by on their own, call for a Seller's Disclosure and survey if they were interested in the property. Then usually they met in the office.

Jmo

How would his brother know he had thousands of $ in his pocket?

And from a link posted...Cranston is described as 5’9”, 162 pounds, brown hair, blue eyes, and a light growth of facial hair. He was last seen wearing grey ball cap, prescription glasses, white sleeveless t-shirt, blue jeans, and multicolored tennis shoes

Was the neighbor the last to see him?

I've worked with a lot of Realtors and never, ever seen any of them dressed that casual to show property. Matter of fact, I don't ever recall them "showing" vacant land. Usually, the client would drive by on their own, call for a Seller's Disclosure and survey if they were interested in the property. Then usually they met in the office.

Jmo

That's what I was wondering too. If his brother was in N. Carolina at the time, how would he have known that Sidney had a wad of cash in his pocket ? I guess it's possible that maybe they had talked earlier on the phone or something, but I'm thinking it's more along the lines of embellishing the story a little bit to give it more urgency.

The family sounds legitimately worried about this, more so than we see sometimes when a 40-something male goes running off on some tangent. LE may have a better handle on this than people are giving them credit for. Tracking down the names of buyers in the past that drove a white SUV should be nothing more than detective 101. It was stated that he had some internal beef with a past buyer that drove a white SUV. His neighbor said he saw a white SUV at his house that day, he go into it, and was gone.

I find it hard to believe that they haven't been able to find that vehicle and the person that owns it yet. We all know that the paper trail on a real estate deal is a mile long. If this is someone he's had previous dealings with, then tracking them down should be a piece of cake. We all need to keep in mind as well, I can go sit on a street corner for 20 minutes and see 50 different white SUV's drive by. Their everywhere.

His neighbors account of this simply seems like a routine interaction between a buyer and an agent. Of course the big question would be, why didn't the person in the white SUV bring him back home ?

Why would the buyer pick him up? If someone is making money off of my buying something, they can pick me up! If this was someone he'd had trouble with before, why would he want this person coming by his house?

it kinda stood out to me that the only person he told about meeting with a client was the friend.

work mates said he was only in town for a council meeting and lunch with a friend if I recall correctly.

Several thousand dollars in one's pocket speaks to perhaps a 'second job' if you know what I mean.....MOO

Buyers don't normally pick up Realtors. Usually, they take 2 separate cars. Use to be, the Realtor would pick up the client. Now days with Realtors and crime it's safer to take 2 cars.

A friend of mine met a client at a high $ home in Ormond Beach a few years ago. The client duct taped her hands and mouth and put her in a closet and then he and his accomplice stole a lot of electronics and whatever else they could get into their car. Fortunately, she was not harmed and she won't show property by herself anymore.

The other thing, if he had an issue with clients after he sold them a property, the clients should've taken the complaint up with the Board of Realtors. Someone may be able to look up Sid's Licsense and see if there was a complaint lodge against him.

And why would he go to a city meeting wearing those clothes? Is it that laid back in that town? Seems inappropriate to me. Jmo

As some have mentioned, he wasn't strictly a realtor at this time, because he was selling his own property.

Re: the brother's statement, presumably he has obtained the bank records and they show that he made a large cash withdrawl right before he disappeared?

Even before I read about the cash, I felt there might be something else going on in his life, since he evidently spent a lot of time travelling, and owns quite a bit of real estate, for a 40 year old who's been looking for work (according to his facebook page). It could be that's what led him into danger, rather than being a real estate agent.

All just my speculation.

According to his Fb, if it's accurate, he graduated in mechanical engineering but is working as a realtor. Maybe Sid is the client in this deal since he's reportedly carrying so much cash.

You can sell your own property as a Realtor. You just have to disclose you are the owner. No biggie.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back