Deceased/Not Found AZ - Tyler, 4, & Ariana Payne (dec'd), 2, Tucson, 2006 *Payne & Gonzales guilty*

I agree with you Bobbi. This is a DP case if there ever was one.

She should be charged right along with the father. She witnessed it and did nothing. If he was abusing her too she should have gone to someone so that possibly the children could have been taken away from the father. Even if he ended up killing her for doing it. They both make me sick.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...&p_theme=gannett&s_site=tucson&p_product=TUCB
Sloppy work by Child Protective Services personnel ultimately led to the deaths of three Tucson children in an unconscionable breach of responsibility and public trust.CPS stopped checking on Ariana and Tyler Payne after deciding in April 2006 that they should stay with their father, according to formerly confidential agency records released this week by a judge's order.
Yet the mother had custody of the two children under a court order that denied visitation, much less custody, to father Christopher M. Payne.
Less than 10 months after CPS left the 4-year-old girl and her 5-year-old brother with Payne, Ariana's body was found stuffed in a plastic box in a Tucson storage locker.
The father has been charged with murder in her death and that of Tyler, whose body has not been found.
CPS oblivious to family history
CPS officials say they were unaware of the court order and Payne's problems. But ignorance of the family history is unacceptable.
As state Rep. Jonathan Paton, R-Tucson, told the Arizona Republic: "It was irresponsible for them to close the case without knowing what the custody would be of these kids and never checking up on them again."
Indeed. Yet without even checking for family records, a CPS caseworker encouraged Payne to seek custody of his children.
And when the mother complained that Payne had not returned the children after a visit, a CPS supervisor told a Tucson police officer to leave them with their father.
Then the agency closed the case.

You can't tell me for one second this lady did not know of the abuse...Believe me the ''female'' of the house knows everything! How dare her stand by and do nothing and my bets are on that she abused them herself physically. People really just make me so sick.

The mother and her friend made a myspace tribute to both children. The father apparently admitted to killing both children. They never found Tylers body. It is a sick and twisted story of child abuse and neglect that no child should ever endure.

The mother also says she is an advocate now against child abuse. How heart wretching the hole story was.

What a monster that SOB father was. He got the death penalty and the gf got 22 years.

why the hell did the gf only get 12 years? did she spin the 'i was his victim too" story? or cop a plea deal?

Reina Irene Gonzales

Housed: ASPC Perryville
Admission: 03/18/2007

Offense: 2 counts 2nd Degree Murder
Sentence: 22 years

Projected Release Date: 03/12/2029
Maximum End Date: 03/12/2029

Note: She was originally charged with the same offenses as Christopher, but cut a deal to testify against him.

Christopher Matthew Payne

Housed: ASPC Eyman
Admission: 03/01/2007

Offense: 2 counts 1st Degree Murder
Sentence: Death

Offense: 2 counts Abandon/Conceal Dead Body
Sentence: 2 years 6 months each count - Consecutive

Offense: 3 counts Child Abuse
Sentence: 23 years each count - 1 Consecutive and 2 Concurrent

ariana.jpg

Oh my dear heavens - that boy starved to death for a week in a closet with the remains of his dead sister... How much horror can one little life experience?

It makes me ill with grief.

why the hell did the gf only get 12 years? did she spin the 'i was his victim too" story? or cop a plea deal?

I wish that in cases that involve children there would be a new law passed that you can no longer claim that weak defense anymore. It's time that people are forced to stand up for children. They are our future!

aT THE FATHERS TRIAL OR THE GF WAS IT EVER BROUGHT UP WHY THE GIRL WAS IN THE STORAGE SHED AND THE BOY NOT? Was a plea ever offered for the location of the boy? I am searching and can't find much about this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back