Identified! AZ - Yuma, WhtFem 195UFAZ, 18-22, 'Angel Baby' tattoo, Oct'99 - Angel McAllister

Here's an interesting case that has been in NamUs for a couple of weeks, but they have come up with a new facial reconstruction just today. I've looked pretty thoroughly for possibles to no avail.

NamUs UP Case 8576 https://identifyus.org/cases/8576

2796321420045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
2301292770045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Unidentified White Female
* Found on October 08, 1999 in the Colorado River at Avenue 3 1/2 in Yuma, AZ.

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: 18-22
* Approximate Height: 65 inches (5'5")
* Approximate Weight: 106 lbs.
* Hair: Thick hair, brown with red highlights. Two long braids. Brown eyes.
* Physical Anomalies: Transverse 4 inch well healed surgical scar at midline on lower abdomen near bikini line. No right ovary, probably surgically removed.
* Tattoo: "Angel Baby" on outside of right ankle. "Angel" in black solid letters and "Baby" is lightly stenciled.
* Dentals: All of the fillings are silver amalgam. Teeth # 9 and #10 slightly overlap.
* Clothing/Jewelry: Two stud earrings on each ear, one on lobe and one at mid-point of each ear. green sweat pants;yellow panties; short-sleeved shirt with two butterflies at upper left chest area; white bra; White socks; Black sneakers. Black elasticized cloth band around upper left arm
* DNA: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

Case History
* Body of young woman with traumatic injuries found on Colorado River bank.

The strange thing was the black elasticized band around the left arm. Usually a symbol of mourning.

I'm wondering if that was placed there by the killer as some sort of statement, or if her death was somehow related to the death of someone else.

I'm envisioning a scenario where she somehow caused the death of someone (perhaps she accidentally caused the death of a friend), and someone else exacted revenge against her. Perhaps "Angel Baby" is a reference to the person whose death was being mourned. That would be consistent with the partially completed tattoo.

Doenet has some more details: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/195ufaz.html

The victim was located murdered along the Colorado River in the vicinity of Avenue 5E near Yuma, Arizona on October 9, 1999.

She was killed at the location where she was found, and she had been shot in the face.

She is buried in an indigent grave in Yuma County, without a name on the headstone.

I found this tidbit from the Doe Network profile interesting, too:

Other: There are indications that she was abducted from Mexico and killed in the US.

I wonder what those indications are.

Looks like it says "angel baby" to me, with the baby part being real faded out.

According to Namus the tattoo is:

"Angel Baby" on outside of right ankle. "Angel" in black solid letters and "Baby" is lightly stenciled.

There are 5 rule outs on namus now:

Monica Aceves 1978 Arizona
Shelley Hoke 1969 Arizona
Patricia Loya 1978 Texas
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida

I am not sure if it is relevant or not, but some Hispanic males have the first name "Angel." Maybe the tattoo has to do with a male loved one?

Oh, dear, what a confusing mishmash of info.

According to the Doe Network, circa 2006, she is either white, Native American, or Hispanic. And she may have been abducted from Mexico before being murdered on the riverbank.

According to this article from 2008, she is still white, NA, or Hispanic, but there is no reference to an abduction from Mexico. There is only a mention of every tip leading to a dead end.

According to NamUs, circa 2011, she is white, period. No mention of possibly being NA or Hispanic. And, again, no mention of possible abduction from Mexico.

So, which information is accurate and which do we discard? Are we looking for a US citizen or a Mexican citizen?

Here is a video from 1991 from the singer Angelica, a song called "Angel Baby". It is a remake of the 1960's song by Rosie and the Originals. Many artists have sung this song. Maybe there is a correlation? Maybe not.

Angelica - Angel Baby - YouTube

Patricia Loya and unidentified side by side comparison. She could have been adding to her original Angel tattoo before her death.

Attachments

• comparison.jpg
    comparison.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 155
I live in Arizona and I have been following this case since 2003. Is there any information about her teeth? Did she ever give birth?
I don't know why but i believe she is from the usa state. I believe she could have been a runaway, prostitute, or some kind of drug owed money. But I don't believe she was from Mexico... i think this case needs to be re checked again. This one is definitely right under our noses.

SJT

According to Namus the tattoo is:

"Angel Baby" on outside of right ankle. "Angel" in black solid letters and "Baby" is lightly stenciled.

I believe that this tatt is a "prison" or "party" tatt, done with either a sewing needle and thread or a home-made tattoo gun. I come to this belief on:

- How faded the original design is
- How uneven/unproportioned the scripting is
- How terribly crooked the scripting is
- The inconsistency of the coloring of the ink in the word "Angel"
- There appear to be start and stop "dots", common in home-done tatts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back