Babcock Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
DM seems to be void of emotion and empathy for others. But he sure loves "the most interesting man in the world", and it would have been quite the spectacle to be present when he was told that CN kept all his letters in a tidy pile in her messy room.

Gold Jerry! Pure Gold!. MOO

I have gotta say. Based on the treasure trove of info. DM has gotta be one of the dumbest criminals in Canadian history.

Reading those letters, DM inside his shell is a very week individual. Fragile. Reaching out to CN. Did he really think she would stay in love with him? Any right-minded individual would stay away from an idiot like Milllard after time passes.

As for the loathing of CN. I don't understand the references to evil. I thought she didn't know he murdered Bosma and girls when they are young often do some really stupid stuff. As far as I know, CN was the only person who lawyered up and shut her mouth.

RSBM

(it goes on at length here)

Has the FULL letter been released for us to view the at length portion?
This was posted on Lisa Hepfner's Twitter yesterday:
7fa4b98f76f7e5d14fa6abffd95a1e11.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Is it not possible that someone of authority caught wind of the contents of these letters and turned a blind eye, allowing them to be successfully delivered, knowing that this was the evidence that they would need down the road to prosecute these guys? Maybe the authorities planted or arranged someone who DM trusted to get the letters out. May have even had a deal with CN to collect and not destroy the letters?

The fact that she was in jail for a few months, and was still uncooperative and repulsive on the stand has me doubting she assisted LE in any way. She did manage to describe in great detail her activity during the drive to hide the Eliminator to DM's pleasing though.

Does anyone know what LE had on CN to warrant the search of her bedroom?

I would assume it was the pings of her being with DM the night they hid the Eliminator,Toolbox and Truck. There was also texts and video of their activity that night. MOO

Sorry, I think I deleted this post as I was trying to edit it:

Is it not possible that someone of authority caught wind of the contents of these letters and turned a blind eye, allowing them to be successfully delivered, knowing that this was the evidence that they would need down the road to prosecute these guys? Maybe the authorities planted or arranged someone who DM trusted to get the letters out. May have even had a deal with CN to collect and not destroy the letters?

The fact that she was in jail for a few months, and was still uncooperative and repulsive on the stand has me doubting she assisted LE in any way. She did manage to describe in great detail her activity during the drive to hide the Eliminator to DM's pleasing though.

I would assume it was the pings of her being with DM the night they hid the Eliminator and Toolbox. There was also texts and video of their activity that night. MOO

Even if CN wasn't knowingly involved, something tells me they knew about the letters and were letting them leak in hopes of using them. If we learn later down the road that this is in fact the case, that they basically set him up to pen all of these letters and bury himself, that WOULD knock me off my chair

I would assume it was the pings of her being with DM the night they hid the Eliminator,Toolbox and Truck. There was also texts and video of their activity that night. MOO

There was her DNA on the gloves found in the Yukon too. Presumably the covert recovery of her DNA sample from the tossed Booster Juice straw came before the warrant.

Sorry, I think I deleted this post as I was trying to edit it:

When DM was first arrested. I believe they put cops in his jail cell undercover to try to find info if TB was still alive. I wouldn't be surprised if they knew the letters were leaking.

When DM was first arrested. I believe they put cops in his jail cell undercover to try to find info if TB was still alive. I wouldn't be surprised if they knew the letters were leaking.

Interesting! I wonder, if the letters were allowed by LE if they would be admissible in court? I know there are lots of conditions around how evidence is collected for it to be allowed as evidence in court. This is allowing an illegal activity to continue for the purpose of evidence collection.

If LE knew about the letters and were letting them by in hopes of using them as evidence, how could they know for certain that CN would not destroy them? That's a pretty huge gamble.

There's a belief that you're the sum of your 5 closest friends. DM's closest friends were MS, CN, AM, MM & SS.

"Low Intelligence Award" goes to DM. The only thing that helped DM was his access to the Millard money and all of the privileges that came with it. It masked how stupid DM really is. DM is simply a well funded psychopath with very good manipulation skills. No person with a brain in their head would put pen to paper and write dozens of incriminatory letters while in jail.

"Sexual Deviant award" goes to CN. She's a smart cookie with few morals. IMO, CN is a psychopath and sexual deviant. I believe that DM murdering LB turned her on. Knowing what those letters said, CN wasn't holding onto them because she couldn't find a shredder. They turned her on. I don't think CN would have ever have thought about blackmailing DM knowing that DM had mastered operating the Eliminator. That would have tied her for the "low intelligence" award.

"Submissive Psycho Side Kick Award" goes to MS. He was submissive to DM- asked him for money, asked him for drugs. DM instructed him to "sew" some stuff to make his own pocket change, needed DM for transportation. As much as DM's crimes turned CN on, they made MS feel powerful and important.

"Gold Digging Enabler Award" - the one and only Rabbit. Of course Rabbit needed WM out of the pic to really make a power move as a successful gold digger and Mother of the Year- she thought she was set for life until DM needed a truck. Actually, DM's fate has been sealed because of Rabbit. If she refused to deliver the letters to CN- they wouldn't be resting in the Jury's lap today.

Tied for the "Stupid Blind Bat Award" are MM, SS, AM- I don't need to say more.

So, all together, they add up to a big stack of stupid with 3 innocent murder victims in their wake.

Now, there was a letter in the TB case where DM was telling CN how he was going to address the Jury. IMO, he's probably spending the long weekend writing out his spectacular address. I don't believe for one minute that he wants the trial to end with the letters.

As far as CN is concerned, maybe she's coming home to lend some support to Rabbit as the trial comes to an end? The two of them seem to find comfort with each other.

I have to wonder if MB and CN are even talking now after CN didn't destroy the letters putting her Pooh Bear in Jail for the rest of his life..??

I have gotta say. Based on the treasure trove of info. DM has gotta be one of the dumbest criminals in Canadian history.

Reading those letters, DM inside his shell is a very week individual. Fragile. Reaching out to CN. Did he really think she would stay in love with him? Any right-minded individual would stay away from an idiot like Milllard after time passes.

As for the loathing of CN. I don't understand the references to evil. I thought she didn't know he murdered Bosma and girls when they are young often do some really stupid stuff. As far as I know, CN was the only person who lawyered up and shut her mouth.

BBM. Her lawyering up and shutting her mouth, suggests involvement and knowledge. Yes, people do stupid things when they are young, vulnerable, manipulated, etc, but everyone else involved with DM and MS eventually cooperated with police, albeit scared, in denial, stubborn, told some lies along the way, etc, but their testimonies eventually supported the crowns case and justice was able to be served.

CN is a different breed. Zero cooperation, a hostile witness in the TB trial, hid evidence, possibly tampered with witnesses, and now we know she knew LB was dead and DM/MS were involved and she didn't go to the police. Her room had to be raided, because she would NOT cooperate. A family lost their daughter. A little girl lost her father. CN did not think of them, she thought about herself and DM. I think that's why people feel she is evil, and wish she could have been punished further.

I'm sure there's more examples.

I don't have the skills to post the photos but The Star has a trio of photos of LB, DM and CN. LB is by far more beautiful than CN. Maybe it's her inner beauty shining through. MOO Justice is coming Laura!!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Am I remembering correctly that he also wrote in a letter that someone was pulled over either going to or leaving his mother's house? IMO there is someone else involved with the letters. I wonder if we'll ever get the story?

It has to be his lawyer.. I believe there would be contact visits with the lawyer, no??
Deepak Paradkar was DM's lawyer AND MWJ's lawyer..

DM could have simply used Canada Post and just mailed the letters. A retired Toronto PO told me Prisoners can do that and can have Privileged Correspondence, where Staff are not allowed to read mail, only to check for contraband.

DM used some sort of symbols on the dates on the letters to CN. Was that the page of codes LE found in her room.

I hope TD gets to say this again.
05/04/2016
"I deserve you and you deserve me." That's what he wrote to you right? Yes. Thank you. Dungey is done. No Q from crown. Noudga done.

First I’ve heard of this. DM himself said he was in solitary. Link?

Even if CN wasn't knowingly involved, something tells me they knew about the letters and were letting them leak in hopes of using them. If we learn later down the road that this is in fact the case, that they basically set him up to pen all of these letters and bury himself, that WOULD knock me off my chair

So the police knew she was receiving correspondence and just sat on it for almost year and then seized them? Are you serious?

It has to be his lawyer.. I believe there would be contact visits with the lawyer, no??
Deepak Paradkar was DM's lawyer AND MWJ's lawyer..

Good point, he was his lawyer up to June of 2015. Seems Deepak has made a good living off the likes of IISH. MOO

They don't need much for a warrant, just DM or MS saying she was around or her admitting something similar would get them a warrant.

First I’ve heard of this. DM himself said he was in solitary. Link?

Solitary has a few options though, some are with others, some are completely alone.

I've often questioned this as well. I agree that it is likely that the pings and texts suggesting she was with DM the night before his arrest, (hiding the eliminator, toolbox, and truck), put them on her tail.

From there, they followed her around and got her DNA from the booster juice cup at York University. That matched the DNA on the glove, furthering their suspicion of involvement after the fact.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they discovered DM was sending her letters, through some covert arrangement, and had to move quickly before she destroyed them. That's when they also found the stashed surveillance recorder, which all together warranted the accessory after the fact charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500