'baby'

julianne said:
I don't think Patsy using the term "that child" signifies anything. I, like other posters, have heard it used numerous times, being used by both mothers and fathers who love their children immensely, who are not using the words in an effort to "distance" themselves from the child. In my experience, it is mainly used when one is discussing the child to someone who doesn't personally know the child. That's all. One can THINK that it would only be used to "distance" themselves from the particular child spoken about, but here we have posters who say that isn't the case, and that it is used in many instances that basically proves it isn't necessarily akin to "distancing". Therefore, IMO, the fact that the phrase is and has been used before by others when NOT trying to "distance", makes the fact that Patsy said it completely irrelevant.
I am assuming that these parents did not have a child that was murdered in their own home...under their noses while they slept either. Nor are they under an umbrella of suspicion. Nor was a fake ransom note found in their house. Nor were there a bunch of inconsistancies in their interviews after their daughter was murdered. It's not JUST the use of "THAT child", when describing JB.. the list of red flags go on and ON AND ON.......

Ames said:
I am assuming that these parents did not have a child that was murdered in their own home...under their noses while they slept either. Nor are they under an umbrella of suspicion. Nor was a fake ransom note found in their house. Nor were there a bunch of inconsistancies in their interviews after their daughter was murdered. It's not JUST the use of "THAT child", when describing JB.. the list of red flags go on and ON AND ON.......
Sing it sistah.
clap.gif

Ames said:
WOW....:blushing: You make me blush. Thank you! I just found that odd that she just sat there...and had to be PULLED by her friends down the hall, after John yelled "I found her"....and Fleet yelled to "call an ambulance". My butt would have been making a bee line, down that hall...knocking people down, if I had to. I mean, that and the fact that she was found IN the house...and after those statements made by John and Fleet..."I found her"..."call an ambulance"...she still didn't budge. If I had of heard those phrases...AND she was STILL in the house.....I would think that she was INJURED but not dead. So, that's really THREE things all in a course of a few minutes....that point to Patsy knowing "THAT child" was already dead.
In the time between John brought Jon Benet upstairs after finding her, and when John and Patsy left the house later that day, did she ever ask John where he found her or how he found her? (how, as in how she was lying there, etc....) I don't remember reading anywhere that she asked him anything. Seems very odd. I can't imagine not screaming to my husband, how has just found our murdered daughter, "where was she!?" and "on the floor?!" and "what room?!" over and over.

laini said:
In the time between John brought Jon Benet upstairs after finding her, and when John and Patsy left the house later that day, did she ever ask John where he found her or how he found her? (how, as in how she was lying there, etc....) I don't remember reading her asking him anything. Seems very odd. I can't imagine not screaming "where was she!?" and "on the floor?!" and "what room?!" over and over.
Good point..I don't know if she did. But, why would she ...imo...she already KNEW where he found her, and how she was lying there...because imo...she saw her and helped to put her in that position. Yes, I would have been screaming a TON of questions at him too. I would have been hysterical....and thats an understatement.

Ames said:
WOW....:blushing: You make me blush. Thank you! I just found that odd that she just sat there...and had to be PULLED by her friends down the hall, after John yelled "I found her"....and Fleet yelled to "call an ambulance". My butt would have been making a bee line, down that hall...knocking people down, if I had to. I mean, that and the fact that she was found IN the house...and after those statements made by John and Fleet..."I found her"..."call an ambulance"...she still didn't budge. If I had of heard those phrases...AND she was STILL in the house.....I would think that she was INJURED but not dead. So, that's really THREE things all in a course of a few minutes....that point to Patsy knowing "THAT child" was already dead.
Indeed, the lack of concern is staggering.
And then we have

911: Patsy? Patsy? Patsy? Patsy? Patsy?

Who hangs up a 911 call concerning a kidnapping? It's like, now that call is over with lets get on with the next thing on the list.

laini said:
In the time between John brought Jon Benet upstairs after finding her, and when John and Patsy left the house later that day, did she ever ask John where he found her or how he found her? (how, as in how she was lying there, etc....) I don't remember reading anywhere that she asked him anything. Seems very odd. I can't imagine not screaming to my husband, how has just found our murdered daughter, "where was she!?" and "on the floor?!" and "what room?!" over and over.
I never thought of this before, and what an excellent point. Not only would I have verbally interrogated my husband as to all the details of her being found and where and in what position, etc, I would at some point have wanted to go down to look at the exact spot he found her, to see for myself exactly what the deal was and check for any clue or sign of what happened and how to figure out who did it - although I expect the police would prevent me from doing so. I'd definitely be insisting on more detail than just hearing my husband say he found our missing daughter.

tumble said:
Indeed, the lack of concern is staggering.
And then we have

911: Patsy? Patsy? Patsy? Patsy? Patsy?

Who hangs up a 911 call concerning a kidnapping? It's like, now that call is over with lets get on with the next thing on the list.
..and she's calling on Jesus to help her b/f she makes the next call,to their friends.I would have thought she would have stayed on the line and given her name,what she was last wearing,height,weight, etc.I don't even recall reading anywhere that the R's gave police a pic of her.(maybe they did tho).

Nuisanceposter said:
I never thought of this before, and what an excellent point. Not only would I have verbally interrogated my husband as to all the details of her being found and where and in what position, etc, I would at some point have wanted to go down to look at the exact spot he found her, to see for myself exactly what the deal was and check for any clue or sign of what happened and how to figure out who did it - although I expect the police would prevent me from doing so. I'd definitely be insisting on more detail than just hearing my husband say he found our missing daughter.
yea,and I'd likely be thinking..is someone still down there,or still in the house somewhere?? And I'd insist police go and do a thorough search.

JMO8778 said:
yea,and I'd likely be thinking..is someone still down there,or still in the house somewhere?? And I'd insist police go and do a thorough search.

What really raised a red flag for me was when the Ramseys checked on Burke. They open his door....see that he is still sleeping...then close it as to not awaken him.

HUH????

What if the killer was hiding in Burkes closet with JonBenet? Was JonBenet in Burkes room? Under the bed...in his closet??

Same goes with JonBenet....Patsy opens her door, sees she's not in her bed...but does not enter her room to check the bathroom or closet?

Toltec said:
What really raised a red flag for me was when the Ramseys checked on Burke. They open his door....see that he is still sleeping...then close it as to not awaken him.

HUH????

What if the killer was hiding in Burkes closet with JonBenet? Was JonBenet in Burkes room? Under the bed...in his closet??

Same goes with JonBenet....Patsy opens her door, sees she's not in her bed...but does not enter her room to check the bathroom or closet?
I agree,and they would have woke BR up to ask him if he heard or saw anything during the night.

Toltec said:

HUH????

Oh yeah...this one raised a huge red flag for me too....there seems to be ALOT of those!!!

JMO8778 said:
I agree,and they would have woke BR up to ask him if he heard or saw anything during the night.
AND YET....ANOTHER red flag!!

Yeah, who in their RIGHT mind...would just peek in to CHECK on their son....when their daughter was "kidnapped" from her bedroom...and out from under their noses?? I would be shaking him awake...and SCREAMING..."BURKE!! BURKE!! WAKE UP SON!!! YOUR SISTER HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED!!! GET UP!!!! WE HAVE TO GET YOU OUTTA HERE!!! THE KIDNAPPER MAY STILL BE IN THE HOUSE!!!! OR EVEN HIDING IN YOUR ROOM!!! COME ON, QUICK...LETS GET OUT OF HERE!!!" And then as I was rushing him out of of bedroom, I would be screaming....PLEASE!!! SON!!! TELL ME.... DID YOU HEAR ANYTHING??!?!?!"
But, that's just me....because apparently the Ramsey's were just content to just "check on him". OH MY....:eek: (gasp!) we must not wake Burke up, and alarm him, now. Let's just let him sleep...and just peek in on him, and make sure that he is alright. Give me a flippin' break.....:rolleyes:

Ames said:
AND YET....ANOTHER red flag!!

Yeah, who in their RIGHT mind...would just peek in to CHECK on their son....when their daughter was "kidnapped" from her bedroom...and out from under their noses?? I would be shaking him awake...and SCREAMING..."BURKE!! BURKE!! WAKE UP SON!!! YOUR SISTER HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED!!! GET UP!!!! WE HAVE TO GET YOU OUTTA HERE!!! THE KIDNAPPER MAY STILL BE IN THE HOUSE!!!! OR EVEN HIDING IN YOUR ROOM!!! COME ON, QUICK...LETS GET OUT OF HERE!!!" And then as I was rushing him out of of bedroom, I would be screaming....PLEASE!!! SON!!! TELL ME.... DID YOU HEAR ANYTHING??!?!?!"
But, that's just me....because apparently the Ramsey's were just content to just "check on him". OH MY....:eek: (gasp!) we must not wake Burke up, and alarm him, now. Let's just let him sleep...and just peek in on him, and make sure that he is alright. Give me a flippin' break.....:rolleyes:
Their whole explanation for letting him sleep is absurd. Patently, absolutely, out of their minds absurd. Riiiiiight, JB is missing, but let's let Berke get some more rest. No need to bother him with this, he is only 9.

Solace said:
Their whole explanation for letting him sleep is absurd. Patently, absolutely, out of their minds absurd. Riiiiiight, JB is missing, but let's let Berke get some more rest. No need to bother him with this, he is only 9.

Just plain stupid...in my opinion. Something that ONLY GUILTY parents would do. IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back