Back to the Beginning: Where Might Kyron Be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sauvie Island Wildlife Area

Species Hunted: Valley Quail, Pheasants, Ducks, Geese
Management Unit: SCAPPOOSE
Acreage: 12,000
Description: Primarily consists of natural and managed wetlands and agricultural areas, willow and cottonwood riparian areas
Access Period: Year-round with restrictions
Access: Boat , Motor Vehicle, Walk-in
Special Regulations: Controlled and open hunting
Camping Allowed: No Restrooms: Yes A.D.A. Facilities: Yes
ODFW
18330 NW Sauvie Island Road
Portland OR, 97231
Phone: 503-621-3488

http://www.oregonhuntingmap.com/

Deer trail ...

Are there areas nearby frequented by hunters? Stands? Hunting cabins or camps?

For locals ... I know hunting season is usually in the fall / winter. Any season in early June? Does there seem to be a problem with people hunting out of season?

Also, 'dump sites' where hunters clean animals and leave the remains (bones, hide, etc?) Many states do not allow this and hunters are supposed to carry out everything- however, many many many do not or have known dump sites for animal remains.

ETA: many sites like these are burnt.

Species Hunted: Valley Quail, Pheasants, Ducks, Geese
Management Unit: SCAPPOOSE
Acreage: 12,000
Description: Primarily consists of natural and managed wetlands and agricultural areas, willow and cottonwood riparian areas
Access Period: Year-round with restrictions
Access: Boat , Motor Vehicle, Walk-in
Special Regulations: Controlled and open hunting
Camping Allowed: No Restrooms: Yes A.D.A. Facilities: Yes
ODFW
18330 NW Sauvie Island Road
Portland OR, 97231
Phone: 503-621-3488

http://www.oregonhuntingmap.com/

Given that this particular wildlife management area is dedicated to fowl...I'm thinking deer are probably a very common occurance?
Off to see if there are trails off trails....

Do the Hormans have a hiking/hunting/internal or external frame backpack?

I'm starting to wish Tim Miller and Equusearch could travel to Oregon and start looking. I know Kyron's family would be more than willing to work with them, and maybe they could help find him. I'm wondering why LE hasn't done more searches and just one search do over. That doesn't make me feel very good.

And I personally still think they need to look watery places, like lakes and rivers. I still think she wouldn't risk a grave being found so easily. It seems like she's pretty darn sure that he'll never be found. If he is, I see that as the only thing that will make her break.

You know, now that you mention it, I wonder why Equusearch hasn't shown up to help? :waitasec: I didn't even think about it. They typically help with pretty much all of the higher profile cases, don't they? I see from their website that they are working in Ohio currently and were in Texas earlier this month, where they located a deceased woman, but I'm surprised that we haven't heard anything about them being involved in this search in the two months that it's been going on.

You know, now that you mention it, I wonder why Equusearch hasn't shown up to help? :waitasec: I didn't even think about it. They typically help with pretty much all of the higher profile cases, don't they? I see from their website that they are working in Ohio currently and were in Texas earlier this month, where they located a deceased woman, but I'm surprised that we haven't heard anything about them being involved in this search in the two months that it's been going on.
the family would have to ask them to come. Also, I believe they would also need the OK from LE??? ((iirc))

the family would have to ask them to come. Also, I believe they would also need the OK from LE??? ((iirc))

True, maybe it just seems obvious to me that they need to be brought in :) this would be the perfect situation for TES's help what with the terrain and all. I know that Kyron's parents feel he is alive (and I've been of that opinion since the start too), but I also feel that all angles need to be checked out. It can't hurt to re-check the radius around the school with TES's mounted SAR teams.

Re: Passports - It's my understanding that you only need a passport if you're *flying* into Canada. For land and sea arrival, you need a photo id, ss card and certified copy of your birth certificate. Personally, as I mentioned last night, when I have traveled to Canada they did not always look at those items upon entry into Canada...only when I was returning back to the US.

Thank you for this post Barry. Yes, LE is up against a lot. It's so much easier when someone fesses up and points to a location. Small wonder why victims families and LE are willing to plea deal so often, just to find the location of their loved-one.

Since no one is talking at this point, I guess we'll have to think outside of the box on this one.
I agree about the several miles surrounding Skyline, as well as the other scenarios you state.

But lets take a different approach, since in many scenarios, Kyron could be 'anywhere.'

Besides TV and directed internet searches, has anyone outside of the Portland area seen posters, flyers, notification in any way of Kyron's case?

I live in a state far away. People have told me about Kyron because they know I am interested. It's been on the news here close to when it happened.

And then there are the national TV programs and People. I don't know how much attention anyone pays to it as it is far away.

My sister in Houston has been following the story somewhat, as she is a school administrator. But she asks me for updates as other than HLN, which can be innacurate, there is not much regular coverage.

As far as Kyron's whereabouts, I would stick to where cell phone pings happened, until and unless Terri can be ruled out. I think he is someplace where she would have placed him on her own, I don't think she had any help. But I still think it would be harder to use water, where people are always around out there in Oregon, than woods.

Even for a strong woman, 50 pounds is a lot of weight. I can barely move a 15-pound bag of kitty litter, I have to drag it. He may not be deep into any woods, if in woods, but perhaps under leaves and brush.

And if Terri is not involved...well, he could be anywhere at all if the perp raced up or down the interstate before stopping off.

My sister in Houston has been following the story somewhat, as she is a school administrator. But she asks me for updates as other than HLN, which can be innacurate, there is not much regular coverage.

As far as Kyron's whereabouts, I would stick to where cell phone pings happened, until and unless Terri can be ruled out. I think he is someplace where she would have placed him on her own, I don't think she had any help. But I still think it would be harder to use water, where people are always around out there in Oregon, than woods.

Even for a strong woman, 50 pounds is a lot of weight. I can barely move a 15-pound bag of kitty litter, I have to drag it. He may not be deep into any woods, if in woods, but perhaps under leaves and brush.

And if Terri is not involved...well, he could be anywhere at all if the perp raced up or down the interstate before stopping off.

On issues they just put out wrong info. They said Terri purposely took his picture in front of his project without his glasses. When in fact LE released that pic of Kyron without his glasses.

On issues they just put out wrong info. They said Terri purposely took his picture in front of his project without his glasses. When in fact LE released that pic of Kyron without his glasses.

And last night, they said on HLN that "Terri Horman failed two polygraphs" without qualifying it at all.

I am done with HLN, they are sloppy and innacurate, among other things.

Re: Passports - It's my understanding that you only need a passport if you're *flying* into Canada. For land and sea arrival, you need a photo id, ss card and certified copy of your birth certificate. Personally, as I mentioned last night, when I have traveled to Canada they did not always look at those items upon entry into Canada...only when I was returning back to the US.

You need a passport to get into Canada as of June 1, 2009. No matter which port of entry you choose.

As of June 1, 2009, everyone from every country arriving in Canada by air, land and sea has needed a passport

http://gocanada.about.com/od/canadatraveloverview/qt/uscitizenborder.htm

Oriah,

If you feel you can compile a list of places outside of the immediate area, may I suggest finding a way to email the free flyer and which ever sites have Kyron listed as missing? Interpol would be good. Also Canada. LE in the areas would be a start. I just don't know how else to assist.

I'm starting to wish Tim Miller and Equusearch could travel to Oregon and start looking. I know Kyron's family would be more than willing to work with them, and maybe they could help find him. I'm wondering why LE hasn't done more searches and just one search do over. That doesn't make me feel very good.

And I personally still think they need to look watery places, like lakes and rivers. I still think she wouldn't risk a grave being found so easily. It seems like she's pretty darn sure that he'll never be found. If he is, I see that as the only thing that will make her break.

ITA with looking in lakes and rivers.

But I wonder if she called DDS for her to bring a shovel to help her bury Kyron. DDS might even know a good area to bury him since shes a gardener and all.

You need a passport to get into Canada as of June 1, 2009. No matter which port of entry you choose.

http://gocanada.about.com/od/canadatraveloverview/qt/uscitizenborder.htm

On this page below that covers driving over the border in more depth, it says essentially what I just said. The Canadian Border Patrol does not necessarily care or check whether someone has a passport going *into Canada* they only really care or check when people are re-entering the US.

http://gocanada.about.com/od/canadatravelplanner/qt/drive_border.htm

Technically, Canada Border Services does not require U.S. citizens to present a passport to enter Canada, however, Americans do need a passport or equivalent travel document to get back into the U.S. Thus, Canada and U.S. border requirements may be different on paper, but, are in practice, the same. Does it make sense to allow a U.S. citizen into Canada who does not have the proper documentation to return home? U.S. border laws essentially trump Canada's.

I think I posted it on the wrong thread but I think that Portland should have a Kyron Horman search day, where everyone in a specified area (by LE) searches their properties and public land nearby, all on the same day, rather than or in addition to vigils, so that something tangible may come of it.

I think he is somewhere within a 10-12 mile radius of the school, far too much land for LE or any search organization to search on their own.

I'm with you. I think there should be searches near roads where TH's cellphone pinged. But that area is probably huge. If he was taken by a stranger, or if TH handed him off, the perps and God only know.
I would love to see TES get involved but it is one heck of a large area.

On this page below that covers driving over the border in more depth, it says essentially what I just said. The Canadian Border Patrol does not necessarily care or check whether someone has a passport going *into Canada* they only really care or check when people are re-entering the US.

http://gocanada.about.com/od/canadatravelplanner/qt/drive_border.htm

Technically, Canada Border Services does not require U.S. citizens to present a passport to enter Canada, however, Americans do need a passport or equivalent travel document to get back into the U.S. Thus, Canada and U.S. border requirements may be different on paper, but, are in practice, the same. Does it make sense to allow a U.S. citizen into Canada who does not have the proper documentation to return home? U.S. border laws essentially trump Canada's.

bbm/red

That is technically not true.

I have been on both ends of the spectrum. Living in the US and coming into Canada and residing in Canada and coming back into Canada.

I can tell you from my experience from living in the States and coming through borders into Canada on a regular basis. I also drove truck and was doing cross border deliveries. No matter which way I went a passport/greencard was needed. Usually both for me.

I just crossed the border back into Canada 2 weeks ago and I can assure you, I had to show my passport. A US citizen definitely needs one or will not be allowed into Canada because a passport is a requirement to enter the States, that is what they mean about the US border law. The two countries work together while maintaining their own borders. Canada is not going to allow someone in that cannot return to their own country. The bottom line is anyone entering here needs a passport, or the equivalent.

Basically this is about Kyron and I am certain if someone tried to get him here through a regular point of entry, without his passport it wouldn't happen.

You need a passport now to travel by land from Canada to the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769