Back to the Beginning: Where Might Kyron Be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this helps...it seems like that post was done on page 14 here...the very 1st. thread for this case. I believe it was noted within the first 10 pages. The only thing I don't remember was the "Dumpster" part....it caught my eye, as my question as to how long the marquee had been up at the school advertising to the public the SF and TS...

Kappy 50,
TY very much. I don't know anything about anyone spotted near a dumpster... I have never read that...

All JMO

I've been reading through some of the very early news releases. This one caught my attention. LE hasn't directly retracted it, but LE has since said that Terri was the last known person to see Kyron before he disappeared.

"In a press conference Sunday afternoon, a Multnomah County Sheriff's Office spokesman now says Kyron Horman was last seen at "a late hour in the morning." This raises questions about the 8:45 a.m. time released by the Sheriff's Office in its press release about this case. We are looking for further clarification into this statement."

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95734359.html

I hope this helps...it seems like that post was done on page 14 here...the very 1st. thread for this case. I believe it was noted within the first 10 pages. The only thing I don't remember was the "Dumpster" part....it caught my eye, as my question as to how long the marquee had been up at the school advertising to the public the SF and TS...

Thanks for clearing this up. I noted something similar at the time. I have been talking to detectives over and over again, but felt like I was the only one who noticed.

I've been reading through some of the very early news releases. This one caught my attention. LE hasn't directly retracted it, but LE has since said that Terri was the last known person to see Kyron before he disappeared.

"In a press conference Sunday afternoon, a Multnomah County Sheriff's Office spokesman now says Kyron Horman was last seen at "a late hour in the morning." This raises questions about the 8:45 a.m. time released by the Sheriff's Office in its press release about this case. We are looking for further clarification into this statement."

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95734359.html

I remember this as well.....it was another child I am sure, who said he saw him at the south entrance (sorry could be another direction, but was at an entrance)........I dont know if this was discredited or what happened with it because we were all discussing it and then it just seemed to go back to her being the last one to see him at 8.45am and that is the official time they have since quoted.............

maybe the child wasnt totally sure.......but it would change alot of things if it was correct....

can anyone else remember why it may have been discredited???

Okay, so...so much for trying to sleep- it seems to be evading me right now.
Back to my original thoughts for this thread.

For the many who believe the road (s) off of Logie trail to be possible locations of where Kyron might be right now- do you think the areas that are flat and easily walkable? Or the drop-offs where there are curves in the road with pull-over space?

For those who think the 1-5 miles around Skyline....do you think NE of Skyline, or SW? Basically, front door or back/side door?

I remember this as well.....it was another child I am sure, who said he saw him at the south entrance (sorry could be another direction, but was at an entrance)........I dont know if this was discredited or what happened with it because we were all discussing it and then it just seemed to go back to her being the last one to see him at 8.45am and that is the official time they have since quoted.............

maybe the child wasnt totally sure.......but it would change alot of things if it was correct....

Assuming it was discredited, I would imagine it has to do with going over the timelines with school staff as to where TP would have been at what time and finding out that the exchange with Kyron, if it happened, was much earlier, that by 8:45 the kids were no longer roaming about chatting, for example. Kyron could have told TP early that morning first thing that he was eager to see the electricity project, for example, and TP got the timing wrong in his excitement. But LE has not made any statements about discrediting witnesses or revising timelines other than to omit later sightings from original indications/sources.

The 9 : 00 a.m. witness has never been identified. I had thought it was a child,but now am not so sure. The quote was " a source at the school " saw Kyron at 9 :00 by his classroom.

It's so interesting ; this witness never was discredited,and LE never retracted their own statement that this witness saw Kyron last. The only thing I can think of is that the witness saw Kyron with someone. And whomever was with Kyron also saw the witness. Perhaps it was someone the witness was familiar with.... Maybe someone from the school....

All JMO

Okay, so...so much for trying to sleep- it seems to be evading me right now.
Back to my original thoughts for this thread.

For the many who believe the road (s) off of Logie trail to be possible locations of where Kyron might be right now- do you think the areas that are flat and easily walkable? Or the drop-offs where there are curves in the road with pull-over space?

For those who think the 1-5 miles around Skyline....do you think NE of Skyline, or SW? Basically, front door or back/side door?

Oh my Goodness O....1st off...bless you for 60 hours of work with no sleep...reminds me of a fight w/my husband!...joking aside,and by no means is this a joke......I do not know geographics in your part of the area....can you give a little more basics to that...I do however, agree, if little buddy is somewhere within the area of the school...to me...30 miles...

I think he is within about 15 miles...and that Terri (IF she is involved) probably WAS driving around aimlessly at some point, either to use up some time before her gym time or in a panic or to gather her wits, etc...in most lies, there is some truth. I just don't think it was 90 minutes that she was driving around, in other words. If the phone truly pinged on SI and she did not say she was there (or said she wasn't there) then that is an obvious place to do more searching.

Oh my Goodness O....1st off...bless you for 60 hours of work with no sleep...reminds me of a fight w/my husband!...joking aside,and by no means is this a joke......I do not know geographics in your part of the area....can you give a little more basics to that...I do however, agree, if little buddy is somewhere within the area of the school...to me...30 miles...

Thanks and I know what you mean!
I'm not local to Kyron- we're on the opposite coast, but SAR sometimes-frequently?!!- keeps you up for 60 hrs at a pop, lol. (In fact, why am I awake now?!? lol.)

It does seem that many people feel he is close to Skyline- maybe we could have people each bring up a segment of the surrounding grid-pie chart and see what they think looks likely?

Thanks and oh, so many hopes and prayers that Kyron is brought home soon.....

Thinking about pull-offs on these mountain roads. Wondering how garbage pickup is handled in the more rural, outlying areas around Portland. As an example, my father lives in a rural, mountainous area. The country provides for garbage removal, but they don't pick up from homes; instead they provide for a number of large dumpsters at various points around the county, placed on widened shoulders off the main roads where people can pull off and dump their trash. That's where my Dad found his dog after someone had killed him and then dumped him in the trash :(

Thinking about pull-offs on these mountain roads. Wondering how garbage pickup is handled in the more rural, outlying areas around Portland. As an example, my father lives in a rural, mountainous area. The country provides for garbage removal, but they don't pick up from homes; instead they provide for a number of large dumpsters at various points around the county, placed on widened shoulders off the main roads where people can pull off and dump their trash. That's where my Dad found his dog after someone had killed him and then dumped him in the trash :(

Sorry about your fathers dog. :(

Yes, I've seen this as well along with people dumping dead animals there, and hunting remains. Just saw a seemingly random dumpster on a road shoulder in OK. Thought it was abandoned but the locals told me no, that's their trash collection. Does the Portland area have this?

Also... construction dumpsters, and brush/burn piles or dumpsters. Is brush picked up once a month or more frequently? Can you burn or are there bans?

Sorry about your fathers dog. :(

.. Just saw a seemingly random dumpster on a road shoulder in OK. Thought it was abandoned but the locals told me no, that's their trash collection. Does the Portland area have this?

Also... construction dumpsters, and brush/burn piles or dumpsters. Is brush picked up once a month or more frequently? Can you burn or are there bans?

Garbage cans are the norm here. That and ugly big blue paper/plastic recycling containers. No yard debris recycling for us. Not much construction going on this year.

Thinking to revive this thread, because the most important thing here IS Kyron, and his whereabouts...
If (as many seem to believe) that TH is responsible for- or knowledgeable of- his disappearence....why has he not been found in any of the search areas already covered?
SAR failure?
LE/intel failure?
He is not in areas already searched?
or....?

I can never find my own posts, let alone one weeks ago. I thought a teacher saw them at approx 8:10 8:15. No idea where i saw that. Did anything ever come up about TH dad having a scuba sticker on his car, then the next time you see the car it was gone? She could have carried him underwater and securely tied him, by now I dont think there would be any thing left like with the Haligh case. I wonder if LE has asked to see her scuba gear?\
Maybe deedee is trapped in this mess, she might have got the cell phone for TH, then TH brainwashed her into thinking she was guilty by association or threaten to have her killed.

Do we know where they usually get gas? with all that driving around we think she did, she had to have gotten gas somewhere just before, I would think, not during or after. I watch too much csi, but not even a piece of gravel in the tires that was different? drop of blood, grass or hay stuck under the truck?

Has the idea of Kyron in a tunnel out of the question now? Why is the father untouchable? he said he was home, can he prove it?

You all are such great sleutherest:)

If allowed, I will speculate.

If Kyron is alive, he is either in the woods at a family known farm or in another country known to the family.

If he is not alive, he could be close to home, but maybe within other areas, thinking known predators and the constant incidents around the area.

Just my penny.

Sadly, I do not believe that Kyron is alive. I do not think he was alive after the night of 6/4. I think he is probably within about a 5 mile radius of Skyline Elementary School.

Sadly, I do not believe that Kyron is alive. I do not think he was alive after the night of 6/4. I think he is probably within about a 5 mile radius of Skyline Elementary School.

I agree, except perhaps a wider range of miles, maybe 10-15 miles. But not so much it should be impossible, just difficult, to find him. :(

I agree, except perhaps a wider range of miles, maybe 10-15 miles. But not so much it should be impossible, just difficult, to find him. :(

For some reason, and I just don't know why it is, I keep thinking of the disappearances of Ashley Pond and Miranda Gaddis. They were both found so very close to the place they were last at.... Maybe it's because they were both Oregon kids too, on their way to school... I don't know, but I just keep coming back to the way they disappeared, while waiting for the school bus....

All JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member