Bail paid on all but child neglect charge-why?

Ive bailed someone out and didnt get the money returned to me? I paid 10% and the bondsman kept my 10% as their fee? So how do you get the money back?

Wait --- Second cup of coffee --- I think I get it --- If I pay the full $10,000 myself cash - I would get that back.....If I pay a bonds man $1,000 or 10% I dont get it back cause thats the fee for him to front the cash............Sorry not enough caffeine....up all night with the baby

Stacy O - in my experience as an identity theft victim - Any store that a check was wrote/card was used during identity theft also has the right to press charges - as the bank/cc company will not honor those payments to the stores........

Ive bailed someone out and didnt get the money returned to me? I paid 10% and the bondsman kept my 10% as their fee? So how do you get the money back?

If you paid 10% to a bail bondsman, then you don't get it back. The bail bondsman is the one who gets it back.

Stacy O - in my experience as an identity theft victim - Any store that a check was wrote/card was used during identity theft also has the right to press charges - as the bank/cc company will not honor those payments to the stores........

Thank you and I know I am slow today.....missed most of this info.......have they already or that may still come?

This is what I was going to offer up as well! - Just leaves her available for more jail time later!

OK, I kind of get it now....anything that gives her more time in jail is just peachy with me....
thanks to all who explained that!!

right BeanE... and I didn't see anything about Winn Dixie either

OOOhhhh, that makes sense. They are thinking ahead; they don't really want her out. So, it's better to post the small charge before the big charge?

It's a totally different bond company. It's a local bond company. They KNOW she ain't getting out on the big charge, in fact they are probably betting bigger charges are soon to follow. They just want to make sure when she is eventually sentenced she doesn't get any time off her sentence for waiting around in jail waiting for a trial. They want her to serve the longest possible time.

My guess is they don't like Anthony's much either.

This is all just MHO.

Yeah but why bother paying the lower bond if Casey is going to have to sit in jail anyway because of the bond for child neglect?
IMO the family believes that Caylee was kidnapped, given to a family, or etc., so they think the neglect charges will be dropped. And they are preparing for her release on the lower charges.

OR

They think LP will put up another $50,000 of his own non refundable money.

The documents say that Target and Bank of America want to press charges and will testify.

I don't remember reading in them if Winn Dixie said the same. I might have missed that one.

Thank you Beane. I guess my butt being numb from reading all this stuff fro weeks is affecting my brain!

It's a totally different bond company. It's a local bond company. They KNOW she ain't getting out on the big charge, in fact they are probably betting bigger charges are soon to follow. They just want to make sure when she is eventually sentenced she doesn't get any time off her sentence for waiting around in jail waiting for a trial. They want her to serve the longest possible time.

My guess is they don't like Anthony's much either.

This is all just MHO.

It seems most feel this way.

LP would be an idiot if he did. Of course, he did it once.....

Let's say you are busted for the check charges. You can't make bond and serve four months in jail before you are sentenced. The judge sentences you to a year in jail but you only have to do eight months, because you get four months TIME SERVED. Credit for time served already.

If you are bonded on a charge, your time served clock stops. In other words once you are sentenced. You do the full year.

The bondsman that bonded her on the "tiny" charges knew she wasn't getting out on the 500,000 grand charge. He just wanted to make sure once she is sentenced, she gets the most possible time in jail. So, when she is sentenced for the tiny charges, she won't get any time served for those charges.

It's cheap advertising and a way of saying..."yeah, we don't like you either Casey Anthony."

TY TY TY - Now that answer makes total sense!!!

Don't know if this has been mentioned but if the bond is paid on those charges she is not getting credit for time served for those charges. Maybe someone just posted it to make her sit longer later down the road.

Man, for someone who doesn't work, she sure knows how to spend money.

I suspect family members did the bond for the lesser charges. LP was on TV last night saying he may bond Casey out again IF she will tell Caylee's location.

IMO, LP is ridiculous. WHY is he continuing to give her the benefit of the doubt??? she hasn't shown herself to be trustworthy in ANY way. Respect for him is dwindling.

did the Anthonys put up their house as collateral to get that $50,000? that would seem to me to be the only way they could have come up with that kind of money.

Nobody paid the $50,000.....it was just like three thousand for the new charges so she still stays in jail

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back