BC...How much longer can he hold out

I think its fair to say that the A's have learned how the system works throughout all of this....and they very much understand that their incredibly changing stories will very much impact their credibility on the stand, and they want it that way. This is legal manuevering and strategy at its best......does anyone honestly think they haven't been told this by the various attorneys involved in this matter. They know exactly what they are doing.

So, they might be using using new lies to make their earlier statements( that might have implicated KC) to LE, less credible?

Would any legitimate attorney advise a client to do that? Kinda like self-character assasination, I guess. Doesn't seem to play along with CA's usual lets-pretend-we're-the-perfect-family theme, but maybe she's had to alter her theme to fit the circumstances.?

Maybe he is in it for the publicity and name recognition. He ran for judge in 2008. Perhaps he thinks getting his name out there with all this publicity will help him win next time there is an election. Could backfire if that's what he's doing though... I think this might make me think twice before I'd vote him in as a judge. Especially when I saw that JM had to explain the civil rules of procedure to him before the depos.

http://thepinehillsnews.com/wp/2008...-brad-conway-running-for-orange-county-judge/

There sure are a number of bit players trying to hunt with the big dogs, aren't there?

Not saying anything bad about any of them, but form the PI's to JB and the other private attorney's for the family, they are certainly not the "high profile" types. I often wonder if JB wishes he had missed the first call from KC???

I don't see BC going anywhere anytime soon, he's a Klingon.
He's loving the publicity and the A's want to keep him around because his injury helps them all garner sympathy and warm fuzzy feelings from people who don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

He's loving the publicity and the A's want to keep him around because his injury helps them all garner sympathy and warm fuzzy feelings from people who don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

tend to agree with this....seems like there isn't a camera he doesn't like...these atty's seem to play more for the cameras than the court......:banghead:

I wish that they would pan over to BC's face every once in a while ... I would love to see his expressions after many of their statements!

Maybe he is in it for the publicity and name recognition. He ran for judge in 2008. Perhaps he thinks getting his name out there with all this publicity will help him win next time there is an election. Could backfire if that's what he's doing though... I think this might make me think twice before I'd vote him in as a judge. Especially when I saw that JM had to explain the civil rules of procedure to him before the depos.

http://thepinehillsnews.com/wp/2008...-brad-conway-running-for-orange-county-judge/

Too Funny! I was thinking the same thing when I watched those depo's - How the heck did this guy run for Judge.........I was hoping that the process is not just "throw your name out there and let the folks vote"............We're in big trouble if the BC's of the profession become judges.

There sure are a number of bit players trying to hunt with the big dogs, aren't there?

Not saying anything bad about any of them, but form the PI's to JB and the other private attorney's for the family, they are certainly not the "high profile" types. I often wonder if JB wishes he had missed the first call from KC???

pfffffft .. He probably called her! :D

I'v always felt since the investigation started that many of the Lawyers in a court house gossip about each other as I have witnessed in my past being an ex fiance of Cicago Sgt. police detective. People talk and it is as simple as that. I have a feeling MN who quit working for the A's because of the many reasons we have disussed here, warned BC about the A's and there lack of being "Forthright"(a word used by LA at depos when refering to KC less than honest answers.) so BC did have an accurate account of the A's version of this case when he decided to take on the case. What I feel I have witnesed especially at the depos is a man that chooses!!! to let the A's ramble on inappropriatly and chose to let them bury themselves as he just sat their. BC is an intelligent man and has determination shown by his recovery after spinalcord injury. So why would a man of this chacter sit so passively watching as morgan & morgan told her they would apply sactions if she didn't follow under oath rules. BC is not stupid and and could only reply by saying, "Can we take a break?" For some reason I feel BC is there for ornament purposes in the A's mind but in reality is letting the A's bury themselves realizing he can't change the direction the A's have chosen. I just don't see at this time that he has had any influence on them. It will be interesting to see if BC will remain the A's council as time goes by.
The only other reason I can think of that would make a lawyer so passive as your client starts to become antagonistic, is may have smoked a doobie for his everday spinalcord pain. Isn't BC trying to get pot medicaklly legalized?
Thanks all for the listen.

Maybe this is what they did in the Green Room before their interview on The Early Show. ;):cloud9:

Maybe this is what they did in the Green Room before their interview on The Early Show. ;):cloud9:
That might be a good thing for CA. It might give her the feeling of relaxing a bit, but as we know those A women must maintain there staunch image in order to talk(manipulate) to athorities. I have to be honest that yesterday I felt an overwhelming feeling of sadness pertaining to this family and how they have conducted themselves during this time of catostrafic cufusion whirling around them. I'm no fan of this family but have enough empathy to realize I'm so g;ad to never have been in their situation. Honestly I don't see how the A's continue on day to day, knowing it might be a lifetime before you could put your daughters actions behind you. I feel they have to live in this reality they have created in order to carry on. Does everybody realize just how many books are going to be sold? Crazy crazy crazy! During this financial recession time just latch onto a child killer to keep the monies flowing in. It is still as disturbing to me that a fellow W/S member continues her endevors of making money off this case. We are living in a upside down world! I almost feel like we are watching vultures hovering over Orlando waiting for their money. We keep hearing pro bono from attorneys, PI's not being paid, CA and GA not working, possible monies that will have to be paid to ZFB and her attorneys. Banks and businesses are folding at a rapid rate so is someone going to print money out from Fort Knox to pay for everying concerning this investigation?

It's hard to figure all these players out sometimes.I think BC has good intentions to be the best lawyer he can be for the Anthony's.He did get them to be quiet for a long time.Lawyers strongly express the belief that everyone deserves representation and defending.The biggest difference I see in BC and MN is that MN always wanted to distance the Anthony's from KC.BC seems willing to defend KC and the A's version of events.He seems to still believe there could be impending charges against CA and GA and he's in it for the long haul.
Orrrrr......he might jump ship tomorrow.

Slightly OT...sorry, but while watching JVM tonite one of the panelist said that she believed that KC has hired the three stooges as defense attorneys!!!!! That NO credible defense attorney would let their clients keep talking on TV before the trial, and that as far as JB's little preview tonite on WESH TV that he was a fool to talk about his defense strategy on TV.

Well, if that's their objective it surely backfired when they left their wheelchair bound buddy/lawyer in the dust when they left the depositions.

These people have been going through hell on earth since they realized their grandaughter was gone. Whether they denied it to everyone else or not, that's what I see that they've been trying to live through. I, for one, have more empathy for them than most only because I tried to put myself in their shoes today and found that I could not turn my back on my child accused of this heinous crime. They cannot. She's their child. They want to know what happened. They shall - in court. I'm pretty sure they are not even ready for the truth but once all is said and done and the jury has made a decision, they will have to deal with it either way.

If she (KC) walked out of that jail and went home tomorrow, her parents still have to deal with their daughter - every day. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. If she is convicted and sentenced to the DP, they have to deal with that also - waiting for that fateful day. I wouldn't wish that on anyone either.

To top it all off, they will miss that precious baby - every day for the rest of their lives.

I believe BC is a compassionate person that recognizes this and knows they need him irregardless of their past behaviour.

I thought that BC was responsible for the A's silence after the remains were found and appreciated his reigning them in, so to speak. Now they are "back" and BC is still beside them, I don't know what to think. Sometimes I feel sorry for him, like at the deposition, and sometimes I don't. I hope he can break free of the A's, they have to be wearing on him.

I thought that BC was responsible for the A's silence after the remains were found and appreciated his reigning them in, so to speak. Now they are "back" and BC is still beside them, I don't know what to think. Sometimes I feel sorry for him, like at the deposition, and sometimes I don't. I hope he can break free of the A's, they have to be wearing on him.

He's a grown man - he can walk away anytime yet he chooses to stay. You get what you allow. I believe he is willing to endure when he has to for the right reasons or he wouldn't still be there.

He knows where the door is, or if he does not, perhaps he can ask M. Nejame how to find it. He is still there after those horrible depositions. I don't like thinking about the reasons why that is.

Nejame is a seasoned lawyer with an excellent rep so he bailed on this case early on because he does not need this case to make money or a name for himself no matter what the cost. And I think because of his quick exit from this circus that he has tons of integrity.
With his exit, here comes BC who I think knew he has his work cut out for him, and did his best to harness the A's, but after the depos I can see that it will get progressively difficult for him to hang.
I really do think LE will eventually bring obstruction charges and he will have to invest much more in this case than he had ever featured. I think this is why Nejame bailed....there is just so much documented interference by the A's with this case that is still ongoing with them that it is impossible to reason with them and get them to shut the hell up.
Is BC representing pro bono? If so it will close his practice down, this will go on for years.

Nejame is a seasoned lawyer with an excellent rep so he bailed on this case early on because he does not need this case to make money or a name for himself no matter what the cost. And I think because of his quick exit from this circus that he has tons of integrity.
With his exit, here comes BC who I think knew he has his work cut out for him, and did his best to harness the A's, but after the depos I can see that it will get progressively difficult for him to hang.
I really do think LE will eventually bring obstruction charges and he will have to invest much more in this case than he had ever featured. I think this is why Nejame bailed....there is just so much documented interference by the A's with this case that is still ongoing with them that it is impossible to reason with them and get them to shut the hell up.
Is BC representing pro bono? If so it will close his practice down, this will go on for years.

It's possible but I do not believe - likely from their past actions. Their fragile state of mind may afford them allowances under the circumstances and depending on how they demonstrate they're position between now and the end of the trial. They cannot interfere any further or LE will act accordingly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back